• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Barhouse Sleepover: "Hey Town, drinks are on me!"

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
WHY ARE YOU EDITING!

well thats good actually, b/c now u didnt edit, u double posted lol

i guess there was sarcasm now that u mention it lol. idk whats better yet as of right now, its just that i think setup questions are useless because we have 0 anything to go off of so it is a completely useless conversation. once we see a flip, maybe we can take that into consideration for other things.

once ppl get to ur questions others can analyze them and stuff which is good, but some of ur questions/statements are pretty loaded like "hey guy" or "tell me your town"

I'll pose some questions for these people to give em something to do.

Meno - what games have you done the chart thing in before? Name all plz if possible. +brownie points if you gimme links to em lol
Mentos - prime discussion for day 1 is... GO!
Nix - what do you plan to add to the discussion?

**** it i just realized like everything u said was a statement
only like 3 ppl got questions lol

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
yeah... im glad you recognize that most of what i said was just saying things TO people, establishing the status quo of what i expect from them or what i want them to do in the game. i asked questions of players i am unfamiliar with like overswarm.

in all honesty im going to keep my vote where it is on u right now chibo

maybe the monday discussion will change that

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
One of the new people were getting a bit scared. She wasn't liking the atmosphere around her. It was making her nervous. "Erm...I think I'm gonna leave." The woman spoke. "I...it's not my place."

Captain Syrup just shrugged. "Fine, p]ussy. Go on and leave. No one's stopping you." The woman rudely said. "Oh...tell anyone, and I'll personally keel-hall you."

The new woman winched, not liking the threat. However, she nods. and walks out of the bar. A few minutes later, a tough woman walks through the door. "Hey, did I miss anything?"

Jessie looked at the newcomer and grinned. "Hah, no way. YOU'RE here!?" The redhead laughed a bit. "Now it's a party!"

"Damn right it is!" The new woman cracked her knuckles.

Omis has left the game

Junglefever replaces in. Go get em!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Was out for 15 hours today. Just got back.

Will get posts tomorrow.

(I like Tom ^______^)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
10. Gheb_01 - has anything caught your eye so far (no is an acceptable answer)
Since you didn't specify whether you want to know if anything has caught my eye in a positive or negative way I'm just going ahead and point out either for the sake of promoting discussion.

until he proves me wrong, kev is my rock
OK, we get it now. You insta-clear Kevin because you'd rather trust town Kevin than mistrust scum Kevin, correct? Since it worked out in the past it has to be good, right? Wrong.
Remember Batmafia? You were openly declaring the way you would approach that relationship from the get go. You were the town Cop, killed in the first night. Kevin was mafia. Of course it's apples to oranges and it might not affect the way you play this game with Kevin (not this particular game, but any mafia game) so I guess it's up to you on how you want to play this. The problem I'm having with it is not that you follow that plan so firmly but that you openly state to do so right away. I feel like it puts the rest of the town at a WIFOM situation, especially when it comes to connections, nightkills and voting patterns:

I would be completely ok with lynching Chibo D1.

Who's with me!

Vote Chibo
im also completely okay with this unvote vote: chibo
I mean, yeah just follow Kevin around and leave the rest to us (I know you would never call it "following" him but that's how I perceive it). It's just that you can't expect us to trust you if "guilty until proven innocent" is your approach (which I agree with) because you're not doing anything that makes you more town-alligned than anybody else. By your own logic.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
EBWOP: The other thing that caught my eye is the way Virg writes. Japanese poetry in one of Rockin's games? :bee:

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Nix - what do you plan to add to the discussion?
I have no idea, I'll be sure to ask my crystal ball so it can tell me ahead of time what we are discussing and what I add to it =P

@Kevin - Thanks Kevin for that lovely vote of support <3

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Bump, will have library computer in a few hours and would prefer to post from there.

Welcome junglefever, I have a new favorite for the probable SK

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Here we go! I'll try to answer all your questions about me, but... ask playstyle questions early on. So if you've got one, throw it out now.

Overswarm how many games have you played?
Uh... lots. I've been playing mafia for around 5 years, only recently online mafia. My first mafia game here was TMNT mafia (scum), and I'm currently "in" DBZ mafia [No ongoing game discussion], Code Geass, Cartoon Cartoons, and Mafia barhouse sleepover. I've recently modded FF6 Mafia in the BBR, and am currently modding Chrono Trigger mafia in the BBR.

I've yet to lose a mafia game, save for an AIM mafia game ( -_-;; ). I've died, but my team has won in every game I've played so far. This might change with all these games I'm playing now, but we'll see.

2. Overswarm - all i know about you is that you are an analytical person... have you played enough mafia to recognize a discrepancy in your play as town and as scum? what do you do as town and what do you do differently (outwardly) as scum? would you consider anyone your bane, and anyone your ally?
See above.

I hate inactives and generally try to kick them out. They've won me several games when I'm mafia, but they're boring. They've made many games frustrating (and boring) when I'm town. If I have the option of lynching someone who did something very slightly suspicious or someone who is really inactive on D1, I'll push for the inactive person 100% and not let up. After D1 I have to let the inactive thing go though. I do this both as scum and town.

I change my playstyle in every game.

TMNT mafia I played the "newbie" card and had several buddy systems going and tried to keep discussions going on in a triangle of sorts so that at the very least if someone died I'd be linked to others that would get mislynched instead of me, as I could use them as a scapegoat. This allowed one mislynch to turn into two or three, which resulted in 2 or 3 night kills in my favor.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10139941&postcount=651
^ A description of how I played that game as well as key points.

Due to a mod error that resulted in my alignment being known in DBZ mafia, I wanted to draw as much attention to myself as possible but survive on D1 to use my ability. I can't go into detail on the rest of my strategy in this game as it is not over yet. All I can say is that I'm still following it because it's hilarious.

I can't comment on my strategies in other games.

However, I've recently become a fan of gambits. I often don't live past D3 in most games I play for some reason, so I have taken it upon myself in most games with a lot of bad players (or aggressive ones) to deliberately say something stupid and/or faulty to get a response. As what I'm saying is going to be helpful to the mafia, I get to see reactions in a unique light. This almost always ends up in me being mislynched sometime early on in the game, but it helps catch mafia. I'm unsure if I'll be doing it this game as this game is pretty stacked, and it's unlikely that mafia would be so deliberate here.

I'm not sure what my strategy will be for this game. I pick them from a list based on the players and haven't chosen one yet.

14. KevinM - hey guy
I also like Kevin, but I don't text him.

Overswarm: how would you evaluate someone who nameclaimed a male character?
Based on ***** size.

HEYOOOOOOOOOOO

But I'm currently under the impression that everyone in this game is female, so I'd probably call for a gender roll call. I'd then use that information to determine if the person claiming "male" was simply being stupid, joking, or actually was a male character in what appears to be a female-based game.

Meno said:
It's gonna be so great. It's gonna have all the names pinned up and I'm gonna be cataloging every single connective post.

"Chibo supported Tom"

"Steel opposed Ronike x 2"

Over time, it's gonna be interesting seeing the web of connections and how they worked out. But I'll only post it once, since last time some people didn't understand its magnificence.
Hey, I'm keeping one of those in one of my games right now! But I don't post it.

Just to let you know, if you post it and misrepresent a single person on there I'm going to vote for you and never take my vote off for any reason. Double and triple check your work, sir. Interpreting data is one of my "things", and I'm pretty good at finding out when people are cherry picking.

Make sure to cite your sources, if you get what I mean.

Virg said:
I would say there is
But one is more plausible.
Lynch scum regardless.
Can you please post the following, verbatim? Make no changes, simply copy and paste and do not quote anything:

This is quite funny
posting in odd haiku
There is a mistake

Nix said:
I think there's more of a possibility of there being multiple Indy's. As far as I am aware there can't be more then 1 mafia faction. Regardless though, there isn't much point in thinking about it now as it doesn't really do us any good at the moment.
Vote: Nix

Anything is possible. Step your game up.

Tom said:
unless the 2 are indy... but then they would have to be some sort of SIBLINGS and ive never seen that before in any games ever..... =/ ok i see
*narrows eyes*

Careful with the sarcasm. If I hadn't seen your other post I wouldn't have known, I didn't see your previous games =P

------------

Tom said:
i asked questions of players i am unfamiliar with like overswarm.
My turn.

What is your favorite alignment, Mafia or Town or Independent?

If you had to pick the best scum team in this game with you being one of the scum, who would it consist of?

If hypothetically you were given a one-shot kill right now, who would you remove with little to no information out there?

What do you think of my "Kefka" post from TMNT mafia?

If KevinM and I were buddied up all game, which one of us would you want to lynch first if we never had a single disagreement?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Woot library post.

Since you didn't specify whether you want to know if anything has caught my eye in a positive or negative way I'm just going ahead and point out either for the sake of promoting discussion.
I'll note here that while you mentioned pointing out both the positive and the negative in this game (when I asked what you had noticed so far), you only pointed out things about me and you only pointed out what I believe you think is negative. What about other players, and what about the positive?

OK, we get it now. You insta-clear Kevin because you'd rather trust town Kevin than mistrust scum Kevin, correct? Since it worked out in the past it has to be good, right? Wrong.
Remember Batmafia? You were openly declaring the way you would approach that relationship from the get go. You were the town Cop, killed in the first night. Kevin was mafia. Of course it's apples to oranges and it might not affect the way you play this game with Kevin (not this particular game, but any mafia game) so I guess it's up to you on how you want to play this. The problem I'm having with it is not that you follow that plan so firmly but that you openly state to do so right away. I feel like it puts the rest of the town at a WIFOM situation, especially when it comes to connections, nightkills and voting patterns:

I mean, yeah just follow Kevin around and leave the rest to us (I know you would never call it "following" him but that's how I perceive it). It's just that you can't expect us to trust you if "guilty until proven innocent" is your approach (which I agree with) because you're not doing anything that makes you more town-alligned than anybody else. By your own logic.

My playstyle relationship with KevinM started a long time ago in TMNT1 (the BRoom prequel to the DGames sequel) when we rocked face defending each other both as town but were both nightkill eliminated very early (N2). Trusting him helped me scum-hunt! Then I kept playing that way (trusting him and helping me scum-hunt), and while it has bit me in the nuts in one major way (Vengeful 5-Man mafia hosted by Macman), in all other games it has actually helped, including Batmafia.

You will note that by trusting KevinM a lot in Batmafia, I gradually became uncomfortable with him. You will also note that on Day 1 in Batmafia, out of my top 5 suspicions, #1, 2, and 5 were the scum (Kevin being #2). So it's not my fault that that game is considered a town "failure." I died N1 because of my attitude towards Cello_Marl, not towards KevinM, (I believe,) but either way I eliminated two of the scum in two days.... and then the town fell apart and mislynched every single game (Thanks to Blue Yoshi and Kirbyoshi?).

EBWOP: The other thing that caught my eye is the way Virg writes. Japanese poetry in one of Rockin's games? :bee:

It's most likely not a restriction enforced by Rockin and instead self-enforced by Virgilijus. It has no bearing on his alignment and most likely will have no bearing on his ability to contribute to the game - he contributed just fine in Disney mafia.

Here we go! I'll try to answer all your questions about me, but... ask playstyle questions early on. So if you've got one, throw it out now.

Uh... lots. I've been playing mafia for around 5 years, only recently online mafia. My first mafia game here was TMNT mafia (scum), and I'm currently "in" DBZ mafia [No ongoing game discussion], Code Geass, Cartoon Cartoons, and Mafia barhouse sleepover. I've recently modded FF6 Mafia in the BBR, and am currently modding Chrono Trigger mafia in the BBR.
Oooh, have you had FF6 moved to DGames yet? If not please do so I can see the setup.

I've yet to lose a mafia game, save for an AIM mafia game ( -_-;; ). I've died, but my team has won in every game I've played so far. This might change with all these games I'm playing now, but we'll see.
If you are mafia in this setup then yes, this will be your first loss.

I hate inactives and generally try to kick them out. They've won me several games when I'm mafia, but they're boring. They've made many games frustrating (and boring) when I'm town. If I have the option of lynching someone who did something very slightly suspicious or someone who is really inactive on D1, I'll push for the inactive person 100% and not let up. After D1 I have to let the inactive thing go though. I do this both as scum and town.
Okay. When your desire to lynch inactives over-extends so that you would rather lynch an inactive than find and vote for a scummy candidate, we will have a problem. Until then, I support this notion.

I change my playstyle in every game.
Those were the days. It is literally impossible for "Tom" to change his playstyle without being held to my meta. Then again, my meta is also super-townie-comfortable.

Due to a mod error that resulted in my alignment being known in DBZ mafia, I wanted to draw as much attention to myself as possible but survive on D1 to use my ability. I can't go into detail on the rest of my strategy in this game as it is not over yet. All I can say is that I'm still following it because it's hilarious.
It is a wonderful setup, I'm sure you will have fun watching it unfold.

However, I've recently become a fan of gambits. I often don't live past D3 in most games I play for some reason, so I have taken it upon myself in most games with a lot of bad players (or aggressive ones) to deliberately say something stupid and/or faulty to get a response. As what I'm saying is going to be helpful to the mafia, I get to see reactions in a unique light. This almost always ends up in me being mislynched sometime early on in the game, but it helps catch mafia. I'm unsure if I'll be doing it this game as this game is pretty stacked, and it's unlikely that mafia would be so deliberate here.
I only gambit as long as it keeps me alive. I find that gambiting to be lynched so that I can figure out who the mafia is is generally poor play, because that is one more lynch I could actually be using to find and lynch the mafia. Testing scumhunt hypothesis is generally a safer and more reliable way to win the game. If I die while finding the scum, its because I have been night-killed.

I would advise against "information trap" gambits in which you make a fake mistake to see who pounces on it so that you can gather more information to determine alignments. The "ah ha I caught you catching me" excuse doesn't get very far, even if it is actually legitimate, because it is the number 1 excuse for an inexperienced to moderately inexperienced challenged mafioso.

Based on ***** size.

HEYOOOOOOOOOOO

But I'm currently under the impression that everyone in this game is female, so I'd probably call for a gender roll call. I'd then use that information to determine if the person claiming "male" was simply being stupid, joking, or actually was a male character in what appears to be a female-based game.
I feel as though you missed the point of this question, so I'll re-aim: once you have determined that the player is not being stupid or joking, and has seriously claimed a male character in what appears to be a female-based game, what would you do with that information?

Just to let you know, if you post it and misrepresent a single person on there I'm going to vote for you and never take my vote off for any reason. Double and triple check your work, sir. Interpreting data is one of my "things", and I'm pretty good at finding out when people are cherry picking.

Make sure to cite your sources, if you get what I mean.
Akin to lynching an inactive because you have established the status quo of wanting to lynch inactives, you ahve here established the status quo that you will vote for Meno if a single datum is inaccurate. "I'm going to vote for you for a single inaccuracy and will never take my vote off for any reason," is an admirable threat to enforce informational accuracy but is also an easy scapegoat vote for scum. If on Day 3 Meno posts his information and someone finds an inaccuracy, that has little to no bearing on his alignment (to be determined). Town can make a mistake, scum can make a mistake. And yet, you could vote him for this alignment-nonexclusive reason and it would be supported by your established status quo (do you see the faulty logic here backed only by "time?" it is the same kind of logic that supports fake breadcrumbs - "it has been this way since the beginning, so it is okay to be this way now.") Be careful with that!

Can you please post the following, verbatim? Make no changes, simply copy and paste and do not quote anything:

This is quite funny
posting in odd haiku
There is a mistake
Virgy, I'm interested in seeing this unfold regardless of past games... I wonder what Overswarm will do.

Careful with the sarcasm. If I hadn't seen your other post I wouldn't have known, I didn't see your previous games =P
:)

I'm one to often say that sarcasm has no place in Mafia. Its a good familiar feeling to see someone lightly chide or chastise me for my own sarcasm.

My turn.

What is your favorite alignment, Mafia or Town or Independent?

If you had to pick the best scum team in this game with you being one of the scum, who would it consist of?

If hypothetically you were given a one-shot kill right now, who would you remove with little to no information out there?

What do you think of my "Kefka" post from TMNT mafia?

If KevinM and I were buddied up all game, which one of us would you want to lynch first if we never had a single disagreement?
My favorite alignment is town, but my favorite role bar absolutely none is serial killer.

The scum-team including me with the greatest chance of success (or at least the team I would be most comfortable leading to success) would be Tom, Ronike, junglefever.

I would kill Nix, MenoUnderwater, or junglefever (in that order).

I think your Kefka post in TMNT shows that you think you bested the players you played against, but your attitude towards the players you played with (your scummates) sort of shows me that maybe you didn't best them but you think you are actually better than them (all). It's the right kind of fresh arrogance that doesn't put me off.

If you and Kevin never had a single disagreement? I would lynch you before Kevin because I would most likely see you as buddying up to Kevin and not the other way around.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
looking forward to posts by mentosman, frozenflame, summoner, steel, ronike, junglefever

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Oh man it's nostalgic to see some of yall.

Confirming my arrival, gonna read nao :)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
quoting Tom for this

Okay. When your desire to lynch inactives over-extends so that you would rather lynch an inactive than find and vote for a scummy candidate, we will have a problem. Until then, I support this notion.
Agreed. Feel free to call me out on it. I don't take "scummy candidate" lightly though. It is unlikely, barring major errors, that I'll see someone on D1 with no flip connections to be seen as so scummy that I can let a super inactive slide. D1 is the only day you can ever really do that.

Those were the days. It is literally impossible for "Tom" to change his playstyle without being held to my meta. Then again, my meta is also super-townie-comfortable.
"Tom"? You have an alias then? ;)

I have a list of playstyles written down and I pick them either from a random number generator or based on the meta of the players in the game. I'm more careful in games like this or TMNT mafia and am generally more analytical, while in games with lesser players I'm often more aggressive and less careful about my own life.

It is a wonderful setup, I'm sure you will have fun watching it unfold.
Did he tell you how I broke it? Twice? =P

I only gambit as long as it keeps me alive. I find that gambiting to be lynched so that I can figure out who the mafia is is generally poor play, because that is one more lynch I could actually be using to find and lynch the mafia. Testing scumhunt hypothesis is generally a safer and more reliable way to win the game. If I die while finding the scum, its because I have been night-killed.

I would advise against "information trap" gambits in which you make a fake mistake to see who pounces on it so that you can gather more information to determine alignments. The "ah ha I caught you catching me" excuse doesn't get very far, even if it is actually legitimate, because it is the number 1 excuse for an inexperienced to moderately inexperienced challenged mafioso.
I rarely use it as an excuse, but when I do, I leave breadcrumbs. A simple post saying "every single post in which I used this smiley :D was a gambit to determine responses" can be very powerful.

I haven't made a conclusion on gambits yet though. They've mostly been a fallback due to me being a NKill target on a pretty frequent basis in games with people I know. If I'm gonna die anyways, why not? -_-;;

I feel as though you missed the point of this question, so I'll re-aim: once you have determined that the player is not being stupid or joking, and has seriously claimed a male character in what appears to be a female-based game, what would you do with that information?
Consider them an outlier, and view them as you would any outlier. Look for discrepencies and patterns in play and attempt to determine motivation. If we have literally no leads whatsoever, he would be a potential lynch as he's different. As we all know, mobs hate unique individuals. Frankenstein never survives past N2 of mafia, you know. Requesting cop investigation or for a mass gender claim (*shudders*) is possible, but unlikely to be of any real assistance.

Akin to lynching an inactive because you have established the status quo of wanting to lynch inactives, you ahve here established the status quo that you will vote for Meno if a single datum is inaccurate. "I'm going to vote for you for a single inaccuracy and will never take my vote off for any reason," is an admirable threat to enforce informational accuracy but is also an easy scapegoat vote for scum. If on Day 3 Meno posts his information and someone finds an inaccuracy, that has little to no bearing on his alignment (to be determined). Town can make a mistake, scum can make a mistake. And yet, you could vote him for this alignment-nonexclusive reason and it would be supported by your established status quo (do you see the faulty logic here backed only by "time?" it is the same kind of logic that supports fake breadcrumbs - "it has been this way since the beginning, so it is okay to be this way now.") Be careful with that!
I'm aware, and am flexible. This doesn't change the fact that Meno's chart has three outcomes:

Accurate and useful
Inaccurate and meant to be accurate for town, but now harmful
Accurate and delivered in a way good for scum
Inaccurate and meant to be good for scum

His intentions are irrelevant to his actions when it comes to inaccuracy. It's harmful for town in both ways. As such, his chart, regardless of his intention, is no different than someone misinterpreting a post and starting a wagon. It's bad play.

As such, he needs to do a **** good job or I'll garrote him. It's not so much a promise as a stern warning.

I'm one to often say that sarcasm has no place in Mafia. Its a good familiar feeling to see someone lightly chide or chastise me for my own sarcasm.
I have no problem with you buddying me. I'll ride with a good player until D3 easily whether they're scum or mafia, they give good information either way.

The scum-team including me with the greatest chance of success (or at least the team I would be most comfortable leading to success) would be Tom, Ronike, junglefever.
You're high.

I think your Kefka post in TMNT shows that you think you bested the players you played against, but your attitude towards the players you played with (your scummates) sort of shows me that maybe you didn't best them but you think you are actually better than them (all). It's the right kind of fresh arrogance that doesn't put me off.
Good, you can pick up flavor. (I consider KevinM to be one of the best players in DGames mafia, btw)

If you and Kevin never had a single disagreement? I would lynch you before Kevin because I would most likely see you as buddying up to Kevin and not the other way around.
Good! You answered a trick question correctly.

From what I've seen KevinM wouldn't ever have 100% agreement with anyone, so I would be the more likely scum in this case.

I'm interested in how this game plays out.

Oooh, have you had FF6 moved to DGames yet? If not please do so I can see the setup.
I'm awaiting my turn in line. I have a few things I'm going to change, but the setup worked beautifully. I craft... complex games. It worked well even with a lot of fresh players in the BBR. 15 players. I can send you the setup if you want, but you wouldn't be able to play it afterwards obviously.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
He means move a copy of the game to dGames for people to read. It's standard affair for mafia games in hidden forums. I can do that for you if you would like.

Since I haven't played forum mafia with you before OS, how do you feel your experience as a mod will help you here as a player?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
He means move a copy of the game to dGames for people to read. It's standard affair for mafia games in hidden forums. I can do that for you if you would like.
If I moved the game, everyone would know the setup. That'd kinda change the game a bit, as all roles and alignments are hidden ;)

Since I haven't played forum mafia with you before OS, how do you feel your experience as a mod will help you here as a player?
I'm good at monitoring activity? I don't ****ing know! =P

My games are designed to be fun for every player and most exciting for vets. As such, "vanilla townie" is rarely the case in my games, as you've noticed. Some people just have WORSE than vanilla townie just so they aren't VT. As such, I've gotten to see unique roles as well as traditional roles played, and I'm pretty good at picking up on "role tells". That said, I don't know many of the players' styles here so I'm unsure how useful that knowledge will be.

That was a weird question. That's like a job interview question.

Finger of Anger: Chibo

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ok, Tom, OS, I know you set it up and are dead respectively, but please don't talk about DBZ anymore, kthx.

Sorry, not gonna be able to most much today, got lots of stuff going on. Hopefully tomorrow I can have a good quality post.

I am just going to say though, I was highly suspicious/unhappy with Tom's attitude towards Kev at the start of the game, but Tom knows Kev's style good and can get away with it, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

That being said, Tom to OS feels slightly scripted to me (although granted, I am coming into this with a really bad attitude towards OS, just as Im sure he is towards me). It also feels highly suspicious to me that the time when Tom is at the library internets, OS suddenly is on and responding. Something to think about.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ok, Tom, OS, I know you set it up and are dead respectively, but please don't talk about DBZ anymore, kthx.

Sorry, not gonna be able to most much today, got lots of stuff going on. Hopefully tomorrow I can have a good quality post.
Didn't you stop running DBZ because you were too busy? Why are you in another mafia game already?

I am just going to say though, I was highly suspicious/unhappy with Tom's attitude towards Kev at the start of the game, but Tom knows Kev's style good and can get away with it, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I don't find it that unusual, and it's probably better he announces it in advance. It makes them a prime vig target, which is unfortunate, but it prevents someone from saying "You're buddying!" to which Tom would reply "...yeah?".

That said, I'll watch them both as well. The good news is, if they ARE scum, they'll both bus each other if need be to try to clear the other.

That being said, Tom to OS feels slightly scripted to me (although granted, I am coming into this with a really bad attitude towards OS, just as Im sure he is towards me). It also feels highly suspicious to me that the time when Tom is at the library internets, OS suddenly is on and responding. Something to think about.
OS is "suddenly on and responding"? Here's something to think about: the average work day. I post at work and have stated this in multiple games. Perhaps you missed it, but still, you should have seen that me posting on weekdays at this time is not unusual. I work 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. M-F and if I don't have anything to do, I have smashboards up.

You saying "this sounds suspicious" is about as relevant as someone posting after me and saying

"Ronike to OS feels slightly scripted to me. It also feels highly suspicious to me that the time when OS is at work internets, Ronike suddenly is on and responding. Something to think about."

See what I mean? There's no substance to it. You're saying "You know what this COULD be?!" and giving one of an infinite number of possibilities without any evidence to support it.

Now if you had waited and said "I've been watching these guys, and they're ALWAYS back and forth like this and they always say X Y and Z" and followed it up by posting observations about our intentions, you might have had a case. Instead, you're blowing hot air.

If you want to try to take a vendetta on me and meta me via that vendetta, by all means, do. It'll just make you look like a lunatic.

I'm glad to see your smashboards play is what I'd expect though. :chuckle:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'll note here that while you mentioned pointing out both the positive and the negative in this game (when I asked what you had noticed so far), you only pointed out things about me and you only pointed out what I believe you think is negative. What about other players, and what about the positive?
Other players? I think it's a pity to have so little input from mentosman and frozen. They are a huge reason why I decided to join this game in the first place. But as we learned from past games debating about the lack of people's activity will not find us to help scum so why would I mention it except for the sake of it?

In the same manner pointing out the positive will give you nothing to work with unless the fact that I absolutely love the player list is good enough for you to find scum.

My playstyle relationship with KevinM started a long time ago in TMNT1 (the BRoom prequel to the DGames sequel) when we rocked face defending each other both as town but were both nightkill eliminated very early (N2). Trusting him helped me scum-hunt! Then I kept playing that way (trusting him and helping me scum-hunt), and while it has bit me in the nuts in one major way (Vengeful 5-Man mafia hosted by Macman), in all other games it has actually helped, including Batmafia.

You will note that by trusting KevinM a lot in Batmafia, I gradually became uncomfortable with him. You will also note that on Day 1 in Batmafia, out of my top 5 suspicions, #1, 2, and 5 were the scum (Kevin being #2). So it's not my fault that that game is considered a town "failure." I died N1 because of my attitude towards Cello_Marl, not towards KevinM, (I believe,) but either way I eliminated two of the scum in two days.... and then the town fell apart and mislynched every single game (Thanks to Blue Yoshi and Kirbyoshi?).
This may or may not be the case. If you feel more comfortable playing this game by trusting Kevin that's one thing. But the main point - which you didn't even respond to! - is that openly declaring to do so can very well turn out problematic. Do you expect largely positive reactions to your play just because you admit to follow it right away?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Question for Gheb:

What is the difference between the three options here:

Tom openly declaring he is attaching himself to KevinM

Tom openly declaring he is attaching himself to Overswarm (me)

Tom openly declaring he is attaching himself to Frozen Flame

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
From my point of view there's not much of a difference. I think it's an equally big mistake no matter whom he attaches himself to. The result is pretty much the same to me. If anything is different to me then it's the how and why because I can't see a reason why he would attach himself to you. I would find it hard to believe if he actually did it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Good answer. Just wanted to make sure your apprehension was stemming from the action taken and not KevinM's persona.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
It's not a mistake. It's helpful.

Odds are that he is town,
If he is town, he has a great scumdar

If he's scum, I'm sure someone will notice.

Oh man it's nostalgic to see some of yall.

Confirming my arrival, gonna read nao :)
not a long game! what do you think so far?

"Tom"? You have an alias then? ;)
It's easier in hydras, and its easier offsite. But I might have played a mafia game here under a different name before. You never know!

Consider them an outlier, and view them as you would any outlier. Look for discrepencies and patterns in play and attempt to determine motivation. If we have literally no leads whatsoever, he would be a potential lynch as he's different. As we all know, mobs hate unique individuals. Frankenstein never survives past N2 of mafia, you know. Requesting cop investigation or for a mass gender claim (*shudders*) is possible, but unlikely to be of any real assistance.
Okay. Are you aware that it's happened before?

I'm aware, and am flexible. This doesn't change the fact that Meno's chart has three outcomes:

Accurate and useful
Inaccurate and meant to be accurate for town, but now harmful
Accurate and delivered in a way good for scum
Inaccurate and meant to be good for scum

His intentions are irrelevant to his actions when it comes to inaccuracy. It's harmful for town in both ways. As such, his chart, regardless of his intention, is no different than someone misinterpreting a post and starting a wagon. It's bad play.

As such, he needs to do a **** good job or I'll garrote him. It's not so much a promise as a stern warning.
Ew, no.

His intentions are not irrelevant. Far from it. His intentions are his alignment... if he comes up with a great diagram as scum, or a ****ty diagram as town, its up to us to determine what we think his intentions are - they are the most important part of our analysis of him, I would say.

I have no problem with you buddying me. I'll ride with a good player until D3 easily whether they're scum or mafia, they give good information either way.
I'm fine bantering... it's a good way to keep the pace. But if we're going to point the buddy finger, I think you started it!

Was out for 15 hours today. Just got back.

Will get posts tomorrow.

(I like Tom ^______^)
=P

You're high.
I'm serious. If you want to know my motivations, I can go through the list:

1. ChiboSempai - I feel as though I could pull the wool over his eyes.
2. Overswarm - I've never played with you, but I could buddy you while Ronike distances you.
3. Menounderwater - I feel as though I could keep him around until the game nears its end when he could be a lynch target.
4. mentosman8 - Mentos could spend the whole game lurking, during which I would leave him alive until he gets lynched, or he could show up and impress, forcing me to kill him. Either way, it would be easier to play against him than with him because as scum he is neutral, takes minimal stances, and seems "bland."
5. Nix2100 - I feel as though he contributes so little and stays on the sidelines of discussion so much that I could make the discussion he finds pertinent whatever I wanted it to be. I feel as though I could keep him around until the game nears its end when he could be a lynch target.
6. Virgilijus - I would eliminate when I could, but I would not be comfortable with him on my scumteam. N3 kill?
7. Tom
8. frozenflame751 - I would eliminate ASAP, but I would not be comfortable with him on my scumteam. N2 kill?
9. SummonerAU - I feel as though he is a bit of a wild card, but I bet he wouldn't catch my scent.
10. Gheb_01 - No one agrees with Gheb.
11. Steel - I could lead him in the wrong direction, or side-line him to Junglefever or Ronike.
12. Ronike - Great partner (proven), works well with me (proven).
13. Omis Junglefever replaces on D1 - terrible townie, amazing scum-mate, frequent SK. Works well with me (proven)
14. KevinM - Our dynamic is unique but he would probably be our N1 kill.

You seem to ask a lot of questions after which you quote my response with a "just as planned" sort of thing... "Good answer," etc. I don't know what this means yet.

Sorry about DBZ talk @ Ronike, Xiivi.

I look forward to seeing what you can add both to your current conspiracy theories and to things that dont have to do with Tom-Overswarm, but I'm not surprised and actually feel a bit comforted by what you just said. It reminded me immediately of Batmafia Ronike where I realized just how different you are from me and how your logic includes leaps but is still proven to work. So, stay suspicious, but I'd like to see what else you have to add.

Other players? I think it's a pity to have so little input from mentosman and frozen. They are a huge reason why I decided to join this game in the first place. But as we learned from past games debating about the lack of people's activity will not find us to help scum so why would I mention it except for the sake of it?

In the same manner pointing out the positive will give you nothing to work with unless the fact that I absolutely love the player list is good enough for you to find scum.

This may or may not be the case. If you feel more comfortable playing this game by trusting Kevin that's one thing. But the main point - which you didn't even respond to! - is that openly declaring to do so can very well turn out problematic. Do you expect largely positive reactions to your play just because you admit to follow it right away?

What do you think about ChiboSempai?

And @ openly declaring my leaning on Kev/Virgy - I did it before and it turned out okay for me. (multiple times) If I'm putting a burden of worry or WIFOM on everyone else, I apologize and hope to make it up by catching the scum.

looking forward to posts by mentosman, frozenflame, summoner, steel, junglefever

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I believe the game has reached the point where each player can have at least something pertinent to this game to comment about every other player. No excuses anymore.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer

This is quite funny
posting in odd haiku
There is a mistake
I don't think I will.
With no animosity,
Just, I don't want to.

I agree with Tom
On most of what he has said
A synergy forms.

OS is himself
I mean this in every way
I lean town, but watch.

Others must speak up
And tally their opinions
Silence... detriment.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
:grrr:

What do you think about ChiboSempai?
Generally speaking I find him rather easy to read.

In this game? There are things about him that got me curious (not only about himself but also indirectly related to him) but I'm afraid I can't tell you what that is right now because I'd give my ideas away too early. If I told you then the players involved would have an idea about what I'm trying to get at and that could destroy a good opportunity to find scum or at least a strong lead.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Congratulations OS, you have now judged my entire game play by a post I admitted was rushed AND an early game one to boot.

A) just because I post that I think something seems edgy doesn't mean by any stretch of thr imagination that I am making a case or anything like that.

B) for some reason you felt the need to go out of your way to not only discredit my suspicion at length, but also make me out to be a fool. Interesting.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Judging by your last sentence you seem to have a scum read on me then compared to a town read. Am I correct with that thought? (you don't have to say what you found as you said you didn't want to)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I don't think I will.
With no animosity,
Just, I don't want to.

I agree with Tom
On most of what he has said
A synergy forms.

OS is himself
I mean this in every way
I lean town, but watch.

Others must speak up
And tally their opinions
Silence... detriment.
unvote vote Virgilijus

Useless player. My lynch suggestion for D1.

My vote stays on you until you clean up your act, admit to a posting restriction, or are killed.

Also, traditional haiku involve nature.

--------

Okay. Are you aware that it's happened before?
Nope! Haven't read any of the previous games yet.

Ew, no.

His intentions are not irrelevant. Far from it. His intentions are his alignment... if he comes up with a great diagram as scum, or a ****ty diagram as town, its up to us to determine what we think his intentions are - they are the most important part of our analysis of him, I would say.
His alignment is irrelevant when his actions are anti-town by default. The only exception is if we can clear him as town. Otherwise, he'd need to be lynched.

I'm serious. If you want to know my motivations, I can go through the list:

1. ChiboSempai - I feel as though I could pull the wool over his eyes.
2. Overswarm - I've never played with you, but I could buddy you while Ronike distances you.
3. Menounderwater - I feel as though I could keep him around until the game nears its end when he could be a lynch target.
4. mentosman8 - Mentos could spend the whole game lurking, during which I would leave him alive until he gets lynched, or he could show up and impress, forcing me to kill him. Either way, it would be easier to play against him than with him because as scum he is neutral, takes minimal stances, and seems "bland."
5. Nix2100 - I feel as though he contributes so little and stays on the sidelines of discussion so much that I could make the discussion he finds pertinent whatever I wanted it to be. I feel as though I could keep him around until the game nears its end when he could be a lynch target.
6. Virgilijus - I would eliminate when I could, but I would not be comfortable with him on my scumteam. N3 kill?
7. Tom
8. frozenflame751 - I would eliminate ASAP, but I would not be comfortable with him on my scumteam. N2 kill?
9. SummonerAU - I feel as though he is a bit of a wild card, but I bet he wouldn't catch my scent.
11. Steel - I could lead him in the wrong direction, or side-line him to Junglefever or Ronike.
12. Ronike - Great partner (proven), works well with me (proven).
13. Omis Junglefever replaces on D1 - terrible townie, amazing scum-mate, frequent SK. Works well with me (proven)
14. KevinM - Our dynamic is unique but he would probably be our N1 kill.

I'm interested in this. Ronike did not start saying anything related to me until after you had already made a decision, yet it was involved in your thought process. Not unheard of, but of note.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Congratulations OS, you have now judged my entire game play by a post I admitted was rushed AND an early game one to boot.

A) just because I post that I think something seems edgy doesn't mean by any stretch of thr imagination that I am making a case or anything like that.
Again, your mafia play is exactly what I'd expect from you.

"Geeze, look at this guy! In a game of deception I posted something ill-thought out that was a direct attack on a named player, but I told them it was just rushed and I didn't think it through! I certainly wasn't making a case when naming specific players and choosing one specific scenario out of an infinite number of variables!"

You're right. I must be ********.

B) for some reason you felt the need to go out of your way to not only discredit my suspicion at length, but also make me out to be a fool. Interesting.
All game, baby. Bring it on. I'm **** good at it, too.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Judging by your last sentence you seem to have a scum read on me then compared to a town read. Am I correct with that thought? (you don't have to say what you found as you said you didn't want to)
As I said, I also talk about things indirectly related to you. Not necesarily to yourself.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
OS can you explain your vote on Virgilijus? And also explain why you wanted him to post that 3-liner? He gave his thoughts on the recent discussion so I don't see how that makes him "useless" when other players have hardly posted thus far. Do you think the haiku form is prohibiting him from properly contributing and if he continues posting like that will you just keep your vote on him? You unvoted nix for this and I fail to see how he's been more productive, as his last post was just a sarcastic response to chibo.

Also, are you only going to look at posts at a surface level to determine if it's scummy or not? Because that's the feeling I got from your 111 and i strongly disagree with it.

To add to tom's list nix needs to post also.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Oh and to answer this

Didn't you stop running DBZ because you were too busy? Why are you in another mafia game already?[\quote]

A) if you really want to know, read the thread I made specifically for the purpose of telling people what's going on with me (yes, I realize you are just trying to get me out of the game. Sorry, no such luck)

B) playing a game requires less activity, bbcode, and use of word/notepad than modding, all of whic makes it hard for me to mod on my phone.

Satisfied?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I agree it's incredibly difficult to mod via phone, but less activity to play? I STRONGLY disagree with that.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ew, no.

QFT over 9000 times

Intentions are often the strongest link to alignment in any given player's posts. There are three major aspects to any given post, those being content, framing, and intent. Intent is the most poignant read enabler when playing with good, experience players.

I also lol'd @ OS trying to make Ronike seem crazy for pointing out the possibility of the well timed nature of Tom and OS's exchanges suggesting that it may be scripted, when OS is just as guilty of trying to pull that meta bull**** in another game with NEARLY IDENTICAL CONTEXTUAL EVIDENCE FROM A PROBABILISTIC STANDPOINT. I know you don't like Ronike OS, but trying to spin that so blatantly when you've done the exact same **** just makes you look foolish.

Not sure how much I really approve of these lengthy discussion and explanations of what Tom would do as scum ideally. So incredibly WIFOM loaded that it isn't funny. I find it interesting that a lot of this discussion has been pretty WIFOM loaded, but then Tom comes out and says "there's plenty for people to respond to now so no excuses" when a lot of it has either been pretty mucky WIFOM, or the contesting of principal mafia gameplay tenets.

It's constructive matter, but not exactly the best for enabling good discussion. Don't try and paint what you've been discussing as something that's better than it is Tomothy.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Os, you are a character. But just sayin "all according to plan" or anything likewise doesn't mean you actually saw it coming. As fun as it is watching you try to get scummy responses out of people (and then pretending they've passed some sort of test when they don't answer scummily), trying to draw an emotional and scummy response out of me, and just generally leaving every single option open for later so you can say "oh yeah, but I said I'd do that d1", I think I'll point them out for what they are:scummy scummy and scummy.

unvote vote:os

Top Bottom