• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mad Respect for the Fox!

SmashAura4

Smash Apprentice
Hello people. I may be a Lucario main, but lately I've been deeply intrigued by Fox. My brother 3-stocked me last week, and I couldn't believe it. "Is this the same Fox as before?" I asked myself. "Have I overlooked such an awesome character?"

My brother practically barraged me with f-airs, d-airs, tilts and smashes. I didn't have time to attack, let alone catch my ground. He's gotten very good, and I'm seeing it as a threat. The way Fox handles his offense is mind-boggling to me. I knew I have to have this power for myself, so I've decided to take up Fox in my roster. I'm not used to speedy characters, but I'm determined to make this work.

Forgive me is this thread is a little pointless, but I had to say this. You Fox mains really have my respect. Keep up the good work.

shinato91

Smash Apprentice
Well, let me tell you, if your brother is a decent player then get used to that play style because that's the only way fox plays, we don't have ATs or broken techniques, just speed and a fluffy tail so if you want to endure the challenges of controlling one of the fastest and lightest characters and facing stupid matchups then welcome

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
SmashAura, welcome to the Fox forums, it's good to have you.

You've turned over to the Foxxy side, we've got utilt.

needs moar utilt.

goldemblem

Smash Apprentice
yeah, but he gets ***** by some character, even tough it's the most fun char i play alongide with sheik, i have a thing for combo *******s

SCOTU

Smash Hero
fox is pretty much a really situational character who's only decent against really fat heavy characters, and is pretty bad at offense, defense, and recovery.

More likely than not, you just don't know how to play against fox yet, but once you figure it out, you're unlikely to even lose to your brother again, esp. as someone who gimps fox's recovery as well as lucario.

_X_

Smash Lord
fox is pretty much a really situational character who's only decent against really fat heavy characters, and is pretty bad at offense, defense, and recovery.

More likely than not, you just don't know how to play against fox yet, but once you figure it out, you're unlikely to even lose to your brother again, esp. as someone who gimps fox's recovery as well as lucario.
I love how Scotu is easily the most cynical Fox main of all time AND ALSO the most dedicated one.

Fox is a pretty cool guy, eh kills smash bros and doesn't afraid of anything.

kriatevPit

Smash Cadet
haha all i rly have to say is hang out here for awhile and read teh threads... your goin to have a hard time getting used to the speed but u will prolly love it... maybe.... i did =] ... dont do teh same move "combo" more than twice in a row and mix it up never be the same and always think of teh most outa your face ideas as an approach and if they dont wor then try them simplified and if they still fail then try something new. yuo will fail alot but it will be fun. the laser is your own opinion is usage but it makes a difference in play style whether you incorporate it alot or not. dair uair and usmash r ur best friends! good luck and hope you like him most of all have fun with it

_X_

Smash Lord
haha all i rly have to say is hang out here for awhile and read teh threads... your goin to have a hard time getting used to the speed but u will prolly love it... maybe.... i did =] ... dont do teh same move "combo" more than twice in a row and mix it up never be the same and always think of teh most outa your face ideas as an approach and if they dont wor then try them simplified and if they still fail then try something new. yuo will fail alot but it will be fun. the laser is your own opinion is usage but it makes a difference in play style whether you incorporate it alot or not. dair uair and usmash r ur best friends! good luck and hope you like him most of all have fun with it
>_> Yes, I concur sir, do go on.

<_<

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Not to mention all fox players seem to play exactly the same :/.

Top Bottom