• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mach Rider for SSBB *Updated Moveset*

bbb

Smash Champion
If he's another C. Falcon type character (fast, powerful, badass) then I'm all for it
Have you ever seen him, he's super sexy. They are pretty similar what with the helmet, shoulder pad(s) and making a living going very fast, also in that they are both ripped. Also he carries a gun like Falcon, but doesn't really use it. In a way it seems like C. Falcon is just like Mach Rider, taken in a different direction.

MACH RIDER, PUUUNCH!!!!!!!

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Pretty much everybody I've talked to agrees that Mach Rider should replace Dorf as Falcon's clone, while Dorf gets his own moveset.

While I'm all for that, I would prefer something unique like what our buddy Deathborne has done here.

But I guess either way, Mach Rider would play pretty similarly to Falcon, maybe just being a tad heavier with a bit more lag :laugh:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
(Rubs chin) I would have bashed this forum if it weren't for a solid moveset. Good job by putting up a sensable thread (I should talk)
You didn't bash this because of a moveset? No, you didn't bash this considering how good an idea this is, especially compared to something like Waluigi or Tingle.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I like your new NES Batman sig. :)

But back on topic, does anyone have any suggestions or ideas regarding what I hav so far? I'm always open to suggestion.
ON TOPIC: well, no character is complete without an awesome stage!

OFF TOPIC: Thanks, I wanted to get one where the Joker had his gun pointed at the screen then says "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?", then shoots the screen.

EDIT: Y'know, this

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
ON TOPIC: well, no character is complete without an awesome stage!

OFF TOPIC: Thanks, I wanted to get one where the Joker had his gun pointed at the screen then says "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?", then shoots the screen.

EDIT: Y'know, this
Haha. Your signatures always rock man.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
It would probably involve the Quadriders (those kamikaze dune buggys in the game), exploding barrels and what not - various elements from the game. Actually, I got an interesting idea from someone in an e-mail - it was an original idea but it was set in Mach Rider universe. I'll have to get permissin first, but it was a pretty good idea.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I'm liking this idea so far, but can you please tell me where mach rider music was used in melee? I never played his game, so I wouldn't know :(

tirkaro

Smash Champion
ah, yes, now I remember that tune. so that is where it was from. actualy, it might be a possiblility that he was supposed to be in melee in the first place. his trophy did seem a bit more...detailed..than the other trophies.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
ah, yes, now I remember that tune. so that is where it was from. actualy, it might be a possiblility that he was supposed to be in melee in the first place. his trophy did seem a bit more...detailed..than the other trophies.
As with balloon Fighter, he was cut at the end because of time constraints, and replaced with a clone. I'm guessing Gannondorf, but it's just a hunch.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
As with balloon Fighter, he was cut at the end because of time constraints, and replaced with a clone. I'm guessing Gannondorf, but it's just a hunch.
Likely he was just a Luigified Captain Falcon clone. BF was meant to be a full on new fighter, but was replaced by the Ice Climbers.

Apparently Pit and Sigurd were also planned, but were replaced respectively, from what I've been told, Jigglypuff and Roy (Puffster was originally gonna get the axe)

Sakurai does state in the Melee online journal that JPuff was gonna be replaced by somebody new, that is fact. Who it was isn't exactly 100% known, though, but it's safe to guess it was one of the more "popular" characters with Sakurai, and we know for a fact that BF was planned, even playable, and that Sigurd was meant to be there from the beginning. IMO, that only leaves Pit. He pretty much got the others he planned to include in that game already there.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Likely he was just a Luigified Captain Falcon clone. BF was meant to be a full on new fighter, but was replaced by the Ice Climbers.
Yeah, that sounds about right - like how Falco retained some of Fox's SSB64 attributes (namely the laser), I believe M. Rider was meant to retain much of C. Falcon's SSB64 build, who was revised more so than Fox was in SSBM.
LApparently Pit and Sigurd were also planned, but were replaced respectively, from what I've been told, Jigglypuff and Roy (Puffster was originally gonna get the axe)
I did find it stange that JPuff made it into SSBM, as her popularity had waned since the release of SSB64... And we all know why Roy was included... (*cough*advertisement*cough*)
Sakurai does state in the Melee online journal that JPuff was gonna be replaced by somebody new, that is fact. Who it was isn't exactly 100% known, though, but it's safe to guess it was one of the more "popular" characters with Sakurai, and we know for a fact that BF was planned, even playable, and that Sigurd was meant to be there from the beginning. IMO, that only leaves Pit. He pretty much got the others he planned to include in that game already there.
I always had this feeling that the Pit we witnessed in the SSBB trailer was based on an earlier design - why else would he look so refined despite the game being in its primordial stage of development?

myogatheflea

Smash Rookie
I like the moveset you came up for him, pretty original for the most part. He could be considered a luigified Capt. Falcon but most of his moves seem pretty original. I especially like his b-down move, seems pretty sweet.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Yeah, that sounds about right - like how Falco retained some of Fox's SSB64 attributes (namely the laser), I believe M. Rider was meant to retain much of C. Falcon's SSB64 build, who was revised more so than Fox was in SSBM.I did find it stange that JPuff made it into SSBM, as her popularity had waned since the release of SSB64... And we all know why Roy was included... (*cough*advertisement*cough*)I always had this feeling that the Pit we witnessed in the SSBB trailer was based on an earlier design - why else would he look so refined despite the game being in its primordial stage of development?
Falco WAS SSB64 Fox. I keep telling people that and they don't wanna believe it :laugh: Sakurai was so worried that people wouldn't like the new Fox, he immediately jumped on making Falco when they shifted the focus of unlockables towards clones.

And is Falcon THAT different from 64? I know he's ridiculously faster, and maybe a little lighter, but I didn't think that much changed. He did get that crazy overhead kick, and the ELECTRIC KNEE OF DEATH...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Falco WAS SSB64 Fox. I keep telling people that and they don't wanna believe it :laugh: Sakurai was so worried that people wouldn't like the new Fox, he immediately jumped on making Falco when they shifted the focus of unlockables towards clones.
Well for one thing, he wasn't as fast and his jump was very different in addition to a few other scant differences, but otherwise yeah he was SSB64 Fox.

And is Falcon THAT different from 64? I know he's ridiculously faster, and maybe a little lighter, but I didn't think that much changed. He did get that crazy overhead kick, and the ELECTRIC KNEE OF DEATH...
Oh yes, he was quite different - all his A-Smashes were changed, along with several airial attacks, and his overall movement was different. For instance, he leans far forward during his dash in SSB64 while he runs more normally in SSBM, albeit still wicked fast. Fox also got quite an overhaul, but not quite like what they did to C. Falcon.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Falcon's normal walk also changed from a groovy 70s walk to a hobble.

Also, I really hope Jigglypuff stays.

GenG

Smash Lord
Just to add something to the "characters that never became true": Lucas was intented to replace Ness as the MOTHER representative (just a makeup while keeping the usual moves), but then MOTHER 3 was cancelled and then they kept Ness. In my opinion it was a good move, Ness is the only Mother character who has ties with the US.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
That would've been a real bad move on Nintendo's part - Ness fans the world over would have declared war and things would've just got ugly from there...

BTW when can I expect one of your awesome character moveset sketchies FlipTroopa? :)

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
That would've been a real bad move on Nintendo's part - Ness fans the world over would have declared war and things would've just got ugly from there...

BTW when can I expect one of your awesome character moveset sketchies FlipTroopa? :)
heh. well, life sidetracked me, but I'm actually doubleteaming Diddy and Sukapon right now (it hurts like a *****, one being a monkey and the other a robot; things don't exactly fit XD), but I'll jump on Mach Rider right after. I also have my comic I promised to revive :p

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
You got me to hustle, and here is your reward....

Not a bad job, if I don't say so myself :p

Can you tell I don't draw vehicles worth CRAP? XD

GenG

Smash Lord
I like the moveset, it's not the classic Falcon copycat moves. Mach's A moves should be comboable into specials, that will give him an unique combo feature and a way to exploit that nice gatling pummel (he'd better say oraoraora) and the piston hammer.

I think the B> should be his ramming move, and use that slot for something else.

bbb

Smash Champion
In response to that drawn move list, I would just like to state that I love you, Flip!

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Those drawings are awesome Flip, the helmet sort of looks like Master Chief's IMO.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
ZOMG Awesome FlipTroopa! It's EXACTLY how I visualized the moves too - kinda scary... :eek:

I haven't been on SmashBoards for a while - just moved to a new apartment over the weekend and classes just started... Needless to say it's been quite hectic the past few days... :dizzy:

But at any rate, thanx again for the sketches FlipTroopa, and thanx for all the comments everybody.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
ZOMG Awesome FlipTroopa! It's EXACTLY how I visualized the moves too - kinda scary... :eek:

I haven't been on SmashBoards for a while - just moved to a new apartment over the weekend and classes just started... Needless to say it's been quite hectic the past few days... :dizzy:

But at any rate, thanx again for the sketches FlipTroopa, and thanx for all the comments everybody.

Well, welcome back. BTW, Lord_Deathborne, who did the drawings in your sig?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Yeah - I guess it doesn't show my sig in its entirety on some computers (including the one I'm using right now... >.<) Anyways, they're done by an artist by the name of jigglysama. You can find his deviantART gallery here.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord

Welcome back! And enjoy the apartment, good luck at school, yadda yadda... :p I'll be doing the same crap this weekend, so I feel for ya man.

But that's weird we had the same vision of the moves XD Didn't I say earlier we thought on similar frequencies in another thread...?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
It's shaping up to be a beotch of a semester, especially since my room's too small to fit a desk! :mad: But yeah it is interesting how we sorta think alike... :p Also, didn't HMBG post a moveset very similar to one you visualised in his Muddy Mole thread?

Back on topic, now I'm getting the urge to draw something for M. Rider... though it probably won't be a moveset since you nailed that already...

Top Bottom