• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mach Rider for SSBB *Updated Moveset*

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I think smmoning his motorcycle and running someone over with it would make a great super.

TGun

Smash Cadet
Iggy K said:
I think smmoning his motorcycle and running someone over with it would make a great super.
Ouch lol I guess but like just one or he gets control? for like 30 sec?

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I say he should probably do it as many times as Link slashes for his super, his bike's probably fast enough.

TGun

Smash Cadet
Iggy K said:
I say he should probably do it as many times as Link slashes for his super, his bike's probably fast enough.
Whaaa??? Like jump up an run over like one target 6 times?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
In my moveset, he controls the bike for 30 seconds.
Lord_Deathborne said:
Brawl Move: Overdrive - M. Rider summons his motorcycle and rides around for about 30 seconds. Like Jigglypuff’s rollout, once in motion it automatically speeds in the direction its facing with considerable velocity, though player can turn it around by pressing the opposite direction and can make it jump ala Excitebike. It also requires good reflexes, as there is the risk of speeding off of the stage. The motorcycle automatically fires its machine guns from the front and rear missiles from the back but ceases firing during turns or jumps. It causes the greatest amount of damage when it actually collides into opponents, mowing right through them and ranking in tons of damage and can even smash them away. With good timing, it could be avoided, but there is still considerable risk of damage from weapon fire.
It's wierd quoting myself... like refering to myself in the third person or something... :psycho:

TGun

Smash Cadet
Lord_Deathborne said:
In my moveset, he controls the bike for 30 seconds.It's wierd quoting myself... like refering to myself in the third person or something... :psycho:
Hmm almost like a super hammer with missles and machine gun eh? Whatever it hit if its over 80% its pretty much gonners?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
He could share a stage with Captain Falcon....?

Then they're both represented and we have more room for stages, kill two birds with one stone.

burrito

Smash Lord
I had an interesting thought.

So, we know that there was a Fire Emblem stage planned for SSBM, right? It was removed, though, because they didn't have time to finish it. The leftover music intended for the level was just put as alternate music in Hyrule Temple.

I also believe that it is true that Balloon fighter made it to the beta version of SSBM. THey were trying to decide whether Balloon Fighter or Ice Climbers should represent the NES era. Anyway, Balloon Fighter got removed from the game and the leftover music intended for his level was put into the Icle Climbers level. Also, the flipper item remained.

Do you see a pattern emerging here. Big Blue has Mach Rider alternate music. Is it possible that a Mach Rider level was intended for the game and therefore a Mach Rider character was also intended? Perhaps as a clone of Captain Falcon, but Gannondorf ended up taking his place?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Thanks for linking the mp3 parrothead. I was doing some searching for music references myself and I came across an interestion Japanese site. There was mostly NES remixes (Outrun being one exception) and interestinly enough there was a Mach Rider remix among them:

http://fumapero.com/famicom/sound/fam_005.mp3

The rest of the tunes could be found on the site here:

http://fumapero.com/famicom/index.html

Also, good theory burrito. From what I heard, Mach Rider was a scrapped original character like Balloon Fighter, as the clones were all late additions, but because he was added too late into the development rather than out of favor for another character. There may have been an effort to keep him in as a clone, but a slower, clunkier C. Falcon with a name like "Mach Rider" didn't fit too well, and that's where Ganon would come in (also a stange choice, but I guess they felt they should include him somehow).

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
Mach Rider probably has a good chance to get into Brawl.
Most noticeably, he was a trophy in Melee after being absent from video games for a good amount of time.
Also, he seems to have some decent support though not as much as say Geno or Diddy Kong.
My only question is, if the thread about Sakurai's poll results is true, why is he not more highly voted for?
My only answers for this are that either he is completely forgotten in Japan (very likely) or that he is already in/out.

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
As Burrito said, the hints at these characters (Mach Rider and Balloon Fighter) are apparent in Melee. BTW Balloon Fighter had an item, music, and trophy. None of the confirmed new additions can boast that much.

icymatt

Smash Lord
As I have explained before, they receieved over 100000 letters, and put in 300, which were chosen mainly for creativity or entertainment purposes. Not getting mentioned among them doesn't mean they won't get in, or that they are not supported, it just means that letters supporting them were not printed on the site for whatever reason.

And the developers have the final say. No matter how much support the character has(or how little), if they think the character is cool, they're getting in.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Roadkill! -- Yeah that would be funny...

EDIT: I forgot to mention, someone sent me an idea for a Mach Rider stage which sounds really cool so far. I'll try posting it sometime later, unless they decide to do so. Either way, it's some good stuff.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Eh.. The Japanese only recently really started to like Sonic. He probably didn't appear amongst the letters as often as we Westerns would have hoped. Not that that changes anything, but just saying. The Turbografx with Bonk clobbered Sega in the 16 bit generation, and Sony cleaned house come the 32 bit. It was only the Dreamcast that really really pushed Sonic in Japan.

Back on topic... Mach Rider kicks :grin:

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Well, I'm sure he was in pretty high demand among Japan's 10 year old population, with the new cartoon and all (I hate modern video game themed cartoons...). But yeah, nowhere as much as he would have gotten over here (the Sonic fan community is really hard core).

At any rate, Mach Rider FTW!

parrothead

Smash Lord
I couldn't find the commercial ad for Mach Rider, but I found a couple of pictures:

Captain Falcon and Mach Rider both use pistols, but I'm sure Sakurai will make them leave their pistols in their holders.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Sorry for the double post, but I found a pretty cool Mach Rider sketch by AngstyGuy while browsing deviantART which includes a suggested moveset.

See it for yourself here.

He has also done some similar sketches for other characters such as Lyn and Ike. Pretty good stuff I must say...
At any rate, just thought I'd share it.

pirate-404

Smash Cadet
My Lord! He does look like Kamen Rider!
Told you.

Anyway, I agree, he should use hand-to-hand combat like Captain Falcon, rather than his gun. But I'd like to see use of his motorcycle too, in some form or another. Don't know how that would work out though.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I just wanna say that your sexalicious topic has me all giddy for playing as Mach Rider still today. You've done us all a great service! :chuckle:

When I get a chance maybe tomorrow, I'll see about animating your set. I'm on a roll right now...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I just wanna say that your sexalicious topic has me all giddy for playing as Mach Rider still today. You've done us all a great service! :chuckle:

When I get a chance maybe tomorrow, I'll see about animating your set. I'm on a roll right now...
:Bad Little John impression: Yeeeeeeah-ah-ah!

That's awesome! I'm gonna try to post some sketches myself - of course that means I have to get out of my artist's block... (2 months running)

Top Bottom