• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

@M: Australian Tournament: Melbourne

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, what happened to beteboalm or whatever his name was? Is he still gonna be in Melbourne around the time I am?

Looks like I'm catching up with CATS on the 16th. Anyone else wanna make plans?

(This is not a bump)

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Sabreant:
Only joking. If you 3, Josh, Kenton and Mat could all please SMS/E-Mail/PM me your telephone numbers and a time you and your parent(s) are likely to be home, I'll try to get the ball rolling asap.
No problem. Ill do that right now. I suppose tickets are now on the agenda seeing as accomidation and venue have all been sorted out.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Up-B?! YEHS!

I don't know why but I had a reeely bad feeling when I read that.
*Buys metalic underwear*
XD

Anyway, aside from being a hungry zombie right now, I should advise of the developments here on my behalf. I will not be able to be hosting anyone at all, there was a chance, but when my dad got wind of it, it all went down the crapper. So, that sounds bad right? Well its not all bad.

Heres the upside. I know a few nearby places (hotels) that have reasonable prices and wont set you back more than you had expected to pay originally. Places more than likely have tvs, and I will have a car to shuttle you guys around. I'd be lodging with you ofcourse, for the duration of your stay, and we'd go everywhere. I'll drive no worries (flat tyres excluded). Not very far from the festivities either (smash).

I'll check out the local places soon and work something efficient out. If you have a phobia of living with 3 guys for a week, then you're a ***, sorry its not my house, but its the best i can offer.

I think thats all i wanted to say. Oh yeah, the Falcon Chant, right.. ^^

SEXY MAN.. THE GREATEST HERO OF THEM ALL!!

Betobeblm

Smash Cadet
SOON

I am gonna be flying into melbourne on the 11th of DEC which is pretty **** soon, anyone wanna play some smash or are tehre any tourny's coming up soon?

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Certainly happy to play you. We will need to know however, where you will be, and what time you have free. Let us know what your schedule is like a little bit more, and then something can be worked out.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
due to unforseen financial difficulties and the person who we had planned to stay with is unable to put us up. myself and my friend Kris will be unable to make @M. however the other person who was going to come with us will still be in melbourne and propbably willing to attend without us.

sorry about the pikeage but at present there too much stuff going on to make it. i really didnt want to be someone to do this but next Aussie Tourny we will be there in force.

shame i do feel as i was posivitive we would be attending.

anyway, hope the Tourny goes off well and i'll be waiting for the vids.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
VERY IMPORTANT

Originally by Kaydash:
myself and my friend Kris will be unable to make @M.
WHAT?!?!?! but ... but .. but ... the bowser ditto for $1??? what about that kd? WHAT ABOUT THAT!!!! ugh .. well.. no point in crying over it, if it is unhelpable then we may as well move on .... *grumble*

So lets re-cap the perth situation: Due to lack of accomidation, all the perth people will now be spending the duration of their stay in a nearby hotel. Jon will find the cheapest hotel (with a TV, preferrably) and give us the details, then we can phone them and make a booking for 5 perthites and one melbournesider. Jon has also volunteered to shuttle us to and from important events (much appreciated) but unfortunantly 6 people will not be able to fit in one car ... unless it is a van or 4WD.

That is our current situation, and it looks very healthy. So jon, if you could, please get the contact details to us ASAP (or you could make the booking, we all trust you) and the prices to stay at the chosen hotel. Once that is all sorted, we will be able to buy tickets.

Tickets: Because everyone seems to be going everywhere, it will be a while untill everyone is in perth at the same time, mostly because of josh's trip. This is a problem that is easily solved. When we are all ready to buy tickets, josh, you may have to leave some money here with either myself or kenton, so when we go to buy the tickets we can pay for you. That is method 1. Method 2 involves all of us transferring the required amount into one bank account and paying in one go. This is the more complicated method, cos if everyone brings enough money for themselves (and the money for josh) we can all pay then and there.

It seems after christmas would be the ideal time to buy tickets, so we need to get into action now. Flight centre is the obvious choice, cos they could book the whole thing in a few minutes and we pay there .. all nice and easy.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
It seems after christmas would be the ideal time to buy tickets, so we need to get into action now. Flight centre is the obvious choice, cos they could book the whole thing in a few minutes and we pay there .. all nice and easy.
I'm not back till the 28th. Then, I have a week of hard work to do, while my dad's work changes factory. Perhaps after New Years? :)

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
After new years is no problem, but we will have to do it very early in January. I dont want to find out that the flight is booked out or i have to pay a late booking fee.

kupo

Smash Lord
Kaydee: Man, that sucks...don't tell me the Adelaide people ain't coming cuz they got no accomodation = /.

I'm thinking of staying at the hotel that the perthites are staying at. Should be fun ^^. As for travelling in the car, I'm taking the boot lol.

Betobeblm: I look forward to meeting and seeing ya smash style. Booya!

Anbu OUT!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Attention finite Melbournites (as well as Betobeblm and Bringer):

I am holding a Smash meet on the Friday 17th of December, from 12pm onwards. Here are the details, and everyone is invited:

Address: 14 Bindi Street, Wantirna South, 3152.
Time: From 12pm onwards.
E-Mail: caotic_kelvin@hotmail.com
Mobile Contact in case you get lost: 0412867017

I hope you Smash outsiders can make this date. If not, I can arrange a time shift, as you guys are the priority. American/Perth Smashers don't come along all that often.

Toriya!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Re: VERY IMPORTANT

Originally posted by Cubed64
So lets re-cap the perth situation: Due to lack of accomidation, all the perth people will now be spending the duration of their stay in a nearby hotel.
This includes those stuck...uh....staying at Shaz's? Word. I neeed Bband, Fast.

KDash, Shame, I was looking forward to vsing people from all around australia, not just the Eastern states (I'll still gladly take you on;) )

Matt, I'm not going anywhere, and My mum said thast the earlier the bookings, the cheaper it is, so.....maybe if you gave me your Cash mus before you left? Or just wait til you get back....just say where I'll have to turn up and I'll be there.

And If we stay at a hotel, why doesn't EVERYONE stay there and only leave the room for the actual tournie. And Jon can order room service for all of us so food's take care of.......

Oh dear god. It's 21 degrees now, and the min is 20. *Wimper*

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
O_O

What the? Everyone staying at a hotel? Hold your horses, lets not get carried away. First I gotta find a suitable place. TAFE ends today for me, so wont be long now hopefully. Havent been on SWF except for tafe. Too busy playing Echoes.

The plan was to have 3 Perthites stay with me. But if everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon then i need to know who the heck is coming for the duration. No attempts to book until i know for sure. Also, please be expectant (just in case) of a possible extra few $$ to stay. Dont want people to work a tight budget in case theres an unexpected extra $20 here or $30 there. You know what I mean. Have a reserve.

I repeat: SEXY MAN.. THE GREATEST HERO OF THEM ALL! YEHS!

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by kupo:
I'm thinking of staying at the hotel that the perthites are staying at. Should be fun ^^. As for travelling in the car, I'm taking the boot lol.
alright!!! everyone in the hotel!!! that boot idea sounds pretty good, but now that there is 7 people, and 1 car, 2 people would need to occupy the boot, or they could sit on the roof and hold on for dear life.

Originally by Mic_128:
Matt, I'm not going anywhere, and My mum said thast the earlier the bookings, the cheaper it is, so.....maybe if you gave me your Cash mus before you left? Or just wait til you get back....just say where I'll have to turn up and I'll be there.
yeah, thats the problem i was concerned about, cos the closer it gets the more expensive the tickets become, especially if the flight is a popular one. If we buy the tickets after new years, it will have to be Jan 2nd or 3rd, cos we need to get it out of the way soon. Josh, that means you will have to leave some money behind so that we can pay for you.

Originally by Sabreant:

The plan was to have 3 Perthites stay with me. But if everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon then i need to know who the heck is coming for the duration. No attempts to book until i know for sure. Also, please be expectant (just in case) of a possible extra few $$ to stay. Dont want people to work a tight budget in case theres an unexpected extra $20 here or $30 there. You know what I mean. Have a reserve.
If Josh and kenton still want to stay at Shaz's place, they are more than welcome, nothing is stopping them, i just thought all the perth people would want to stay together. So far i think the people staying at the hotel is:

Me
Kenton
Josh
Mic
Ryan
Jon
Em

so thats 7 people. But we need to make a descision now people. Feb is only 7 weeks away.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
again im really dissappointed in my own lack of judgement.

however on the flipside ive dedicated myself to getting the North QLD smash scene into action with the the first Townsville Smash tounry on the 16th of January at a local lan. Smash@CBLAN (forums->console corner->smash@cblan)

I'll be lurking around the SWF for as long as there are Ausmashers and hope to make the next A.T. with perhaps an entire team of smashers.

sorry again for the bail. may smash be with you.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah, sorry to hear about that K'. I'm bummed out about not getting to meet you and 1-on-1 your Bowser, but maybe next time, ey? Wether it's in Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Sydney or wherever, come!

Feb is only 7 weeks away... ****... Where's Chronos? He's gotta help me make a deposit.

Bardiel

Smash Rookie
Id like to add to that tiny tiny list if i may, as us three adelaiders would like to stay at the same hotel as the perth people, it would just make things a whole lot easier... and heaps more fun!!

Im not sure who else from outer town are going, but it would be much better if you could get all the outer-state people in one hotel, except the people already staying at melbourne peoples places of course.

And i know it might be hard to find a place with a TV, with AV conections, but please do try, im sure theres one somewhere, anywhere...

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
ok then, so that means the hotel list is now:

Me
Kenton
Josh
Mic
Ryan
Jon
Em
Bardiel
Adeladier 1
Adeladier 2

is diablos with you guys, cos if he is then adeladier 1 is diablos

i dont know ... whatever

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Geez, theres gonna be nearly enough people at the hotel alone to hold a mini-tournament. =] We'll have fun, thats for certain. I'll see to calling/getting around this coming week. Since there isnt much happening. Except for Friday the 17th or whatever it is, Cao's place. YEEHAW!

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
You know, the hotel idea is sounding great! If everyone just stays at the one hotel including the main melbourne guys, there would be no need for people to organise transport or w/e. That includes shaz, cella and captain jack. I'm sure with the amount of people that would be there, we would surely be able to get a nice discount from the hotel. But with the numbers, you'd have to book in advance and/or find a cheaper but similar alternative to a hotel.

Bardiel

Smash Rookie
Yeah, Diablos is one of the other adelaiders that im talking about. And the other one will be joining SWF shortly... I think...

And yep, thats what were sorta planing. To have a small practice tourney in the hotel.. or a big one.. whatever happens...

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, what about hire cars? Some of us have our licenses, so maybe we could hire a car to traffic us from the hotel to the tournament and wherever else we decide to go? They're not too expensive are they?

But with the numbers, you'd have to book in advance and/or find a cheaper but similar alternative to a hotel.
Yeah! Go motels! They rock! :p

And yep, thats what were sorta planing. To have a small practice tourney in the hotel.. or a big one.. whatever happens...
Hehe, perhaps it would be easier if we just practiced at the hotel... unless you're willing to write up brackets and do the scoring etc :)

Betaboalm, you alright for the 17th?

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Hmm outlook status "not-so-good" atm. I have only exhausted very few possibilities so far though, so things ought to work out. I'll keep searching and bargaining my *** off. Some of these guys dont budge though =\

Anyway, I think Bebelbobm or wtf his name is, is already in Australia isnt he? I dont think he's gonna be reading this thread again, and we have no contact number. If thats the case then no him for us and vice versa. Oh Ryan, hire cars for people our age is RIDICULOUSLY expensive and basically even if you do find a place willing to hire one out to you, you probably cant afford it. The insurance would be so much. You know how it is, they see a p-plater from interstate wanting a car for a week, all they know is that you'll (in most cases) just want to thrash the car and give it back a smoldering heap. Basically put, you guys wont be able to drive when you're here =[

Betobeblm

Smash Cadet
IN AUSSIE

As of now (13th) i'm in melbourne until dec 15th at 6:45 and then will be in sydney until 18th...then going north...so get at me if you want to play some american smash haha peace

mobile -- 0431 723 234

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
go go go Bobby! USA USA!! ^_^

EDIT: hopefully you'll get to play Emily and record them!

kupo

Smash Lord
Anytime eh? Okay then see you at 5pm at my place tomorrow lol. Am i serious...? I'm seriously serious. I need some one to play with. Please say you play Naruto! =P

I'll msg you my home address. Hopefully you can make it ^^.

My mobile's a ***. It sometimes lists itself as an unlisted number. Messaging is the only way to go = /.

0411 839 758

Betobeblm

Smash Cadet
i'm coming

I got your text message, and i can make it tomorrow. I'll be at your place, who else is coming?

Caotic, that thing on 17th, any chance you could move that to the 14th ? hehe

Betobeblm

Smash Cadet
bah

ur just scared ;)

come play me dangit, this is ur once in a life time chance to get stomped haha

i kid but it'd be fun, u should come out

EM will be at kupo's tomorrow?

kupo

Smash Lord
I'll stomp you! >=].

Yup, we're recording the matches. Let's spread the vids all around DC++.

I'm all excited already. :D

*~*Anbu*~*

Edit: I'm Em/Emily dammit lol.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sorry, Bob - the 17th will stand as it is. There's too many confrimations at this point to make a shift for... tomorrow! Why don't you stay in Melbourne longer? Sydney is boring - dead Smash scene =P

PS - I'm keeping the CAO vid recordings to myself, hehe. I'm not ready to be shamed online! XD!!

Betobeblm

Smash Cadet
??

so i'm gonna lose now am i? >:)

is it just us 3 coming or do i get to smash a lot of you aussies?

sorry bud, can't stay til then...but i dun think u'd want me to embarras you ;) haha j/k

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I'll try to make it tomorrow, but other commitments may keep me frmo being there. Sorry to say. Is the taping ready to go? Or what? I could bring my fagged up VCR (courtesy Em/Shaz/Cory) if need be.

Top Bottom