• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lyn Over Marth?

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Hey guys.

I really want to play as Lyn since this is now possible, in place of Marth.

Is there anyway to do this? I don't want to change the moveset, just the model. I don't have Brawlbox or anything, but I'll download it as long as someone will explain to me what to do. Thanks!

Roo525

Smash Ace
Heck yeah its possible, but maybe you should ask someone who's less busy to do it. ^-^'

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I'd be willing to do it for you, because you also need another tool that isn't BrawlBox, and I lost the link to download it. I'll edit this post when I'm done (you'll just have to test it for me, I don't really have the time to).

Here ya go: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tzmmntndxwz

Some animations might be screwed up, I could fix them, but I recommend you download BrawlBox and learn how to use that to fix the animations (I can teach you how, if you need me to).

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Oh my god, thank you so much! And yes, I will need to. I'll test it RIGHT NOW! I freaking love you. We're best friends forvever. hahah! :)

EDIT: So, I put those two files in the marth folder, and as soon as I select him, the game froze. haha.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Well, that was slightly expected. Model swaps aren't perfected yet, especially when swapping Assist Trophies over regular characters. Lyn doesn't normally have enough bones to work over Marth, so I had to use Fortwaffles's Bone Adder to make her have enough bones. I guess Lyn is another one of the characters that doesn't like to be swapped :/

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Well my friend said she should at least load. Do you think that I should've renamed your FitMarth.pac to Fit Marth01.pac, to match the pcs, and kept the original FitMarth?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Yeah, the .pac and .pcs should have the same number, my mistake, make them both FitMarth00.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Okay, it worked so to speak. But, she came out like this.

Her walking animation is her only problem. She seems to kinda "teleport" or stagger.

But we're on the right track! :)

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
I'm also partially interested in this. When I tried to do it, one of Lyn's arms were flailing in the air above her, and I have no idea what is causing this. Pokelover, is there something you can do about that?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Okay, it worked so to speak. But, she came out like this.

Her walking animation is her only problem. She seems to kinda "teleport" or stagger.

But we're on the right track! :)
I know of the problem, it's an easy fix to do.
I'm also partially interested in this. When I tried to do it, one of Lyn's arms were flailing in the air above her, and I have no idea what is causing this. Pokelover, is there something you can do about that?
Her arm flails above her because her model is of different proportions than Marth's, so the animations are kinda weird. I'll fix up some of her animations for you.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
I know of the problem, it's an easy fix to do.

Her arm flails above her because her model is of different proportions than Marth's, so the animations are kinda weird. I'll fix up some of her animations for you.
Awesome, thanks! And I would really like to learn whatever you could teach me, so I can help out the community too. :)

Gahlo

Smash Cadet
I know I'm coming out of the blue on this one but I'm also really interested on seeing a Lyndis mod. The pictures the OP tried to post don't show up for me and 404 when I try and copy and paste into my adress bar.

Has there been another version for this yet/Do you still intend to work on it?

Gahlo

Smash Cadet
They weren't showing up, I had to quote you and then copy and paste from there. Thought I edited that out...insteresting.

chaoticyeshua

Smash Cadet
Has there been any further progress on this?

I've wanted to play as Lyndis for quite some time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way to do so right now is to replace an alloy, right? If not, can someone please link me to the download for her? I can't seem to find anything other than replacing ZakoGirl.

Gahlo

Smash Cadet
If you rename the zakogirl's filename with fitmarth## you can use her as marth, unfortunately the sword arm is positioned wrong and any time you use a B attack the game freezes. =\

@Ethan: Did you see the spoiler block in the new char thread that fixes the B attack glitch?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Has there been any further progress on this?

I've wanted to play as Lyndis for quite some time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way to do so right now is to replace an alloy, right? If not, can someone please link me to the download for her? I can't seem to find anything other than replacing ZakoGirl.
Check earlier in the thread, I put her over Marth. The animations are just weird looking, and it's taking a while to fix them.
If you rename the zakogirl's filename with fitmarth## you can use her as marth, unfortunately the sword arm is positioned wrong and any time you use a B attack the game freezes. =\

@Ethan: Did you see the spoiler block in the new char thread that fixes the B attack glitch?
Actually, you don't have to rename Zakogirl at all, I added bones to Lyn's model using Fortwaffles bone adder and then replaced her model with Marth's.

Gahlo

Smash Cadet
Check earlier in the thread, I put her over Marth. The animations are just weird looking, and it's taking a while to fix them.

Actually, you don't have to rename Zakogirl at all, I added bones to Lyn's model using Fortwaffles bone adder and then replaced her model with Marth's.
Do you have another version other than the one you posted earlier in the thread?

Gahlo

Smash Cadet
This one didn't work well either,exactly the same as the previous but now the legs were locked in the "attention" pose aswell.

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong?

Alopex

Smash Ace
This is a necro-bump, I understand, and I might even get infracted for this, but I'm really quite curious to know if anyone has made any progress whatsoever on this.

I see nothing in BrawlVault, so my assumption is that people have given up.

I'll see what I can do to take up the cause myself, if that's the case, but I would love it if someone where to point out to me exactly what is causing so much trouble that none of the esteemed texture/vertex hackers have succeeded in this yet.

Why have they succeeded with Lyn over Link, but not Lyn over Marth?

SmashBrosFighter

Smash Rookie
I'd be willing to do it for you, because you also need another tool that isn't BrawlBox, and I lost the link to download it. I'll edit this post when I'm done (you'll just have to test it for me, I don't really have the time to).

Here ya go: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tzmmntndxwz

Some animations might be screwed up, I could fix them, but I recommend you download BrawlBox and learn how to use that to fix the animations (I can teach you how, if you need me to).
MIGHT be screwed up? She's completely invisible except for her legs and her swords. And her animations are glitched beyond all usefulness. She's broken completely at this point. But I see in a post below you updated her.

the thing is way lyn can not move is that her TransN was 3 so i fixed it to TransN 8 with was marths
TransN now she can move hear is the link http://www.mediafire.com/?cyroyntwzjk
Unfortunately this is a broken link. PLEASE reupload her. I SOOOOOO wanna get a chance to play as her.

Top Bottom