• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lv 9 Comps = Ken

Lant

Smash Journeyman
The "With Anyone" feature takes forever to find someone to play with, I know someone who waited for 45 minutes to find the game only to have 1 minute lag spikes in between his match.

Also, if you try to verse your friends (my friend who lives about 2 blocks away) there is still about 1 second lag that takes away all point of practice in training mode since your timing and muscle memory is screwed up. Not to mention the random errors disconnecting you every two matches.

Until Ninty fixes their servers, the WiFi sucks. Period.
I live in the UK and I have virtually no lag.

Perhaps your and your friends internet sucks?

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
Beating a level 9 Bowser with Toon Link is far to easy, Down B, Side B, Dair and a knockout move are all you need

Best101

Smash Ace
Is it just me or are the level 9 computers just crazy hard now... This is coming from someone who beat SSE on insane mode when I got the game easily... (I find that a good feat..)

I've been trying to kill a Lv.9 Wolf with my Marth, G&W, Olimar, Snake, and EVERYONE. Terribly impossible, it comes to 1v1 with both of us 150% and he dodges EVERYTHING. Good lord.

But I guess this is a good thing, since all I have to train is computers since WiFi sucks currently.
CPUs still suck in my eyes. I four stock Wario and Wolf, and 8 stocked R.O.B lol (sorry ROB fans)

Best101

Smash Ace
Is it just me or are the level 9 computers just crazy hard now... This is coming from someone who beat SSE on insane mode when I got the game easily... (I find that a good feat..)

I've been trying to kill a Lv.9 Wolf with my Marth, G&W, Olimar, Snake, and EVERYONE. Terribly impossible, it comes to 1v1 with both of us 150% and he dodges EVERYTHING. Good lord.

But I guess this is a good thing, since all I have to train is computers since WiFi sucks currently.
CPUs still suck in my eyes. I four stock Wario and Wolf, and 8 stocked R.O.B lol (sorry ROB fans)

Try fighting a lvl 9 Meta Knight. Now that's some crazy ****

Eriorguez

Smash Cadet
The CPU's got smarter, true, and they keep their reaction time.

But, they lack cognitive traits. They will do the same things in every stock, in every fight. So, they are predictable.

Pabs

Smash Cadet
If you play dumb, you'll get schooled since they actually capitalize on your mistakes. Otherwise yea, they're predictable. Fighting them lets you know what moves are safe to use and whatnot. They're good practice, probably better than fighting some random scrub on a lagged wifi.

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
They are definately much much better than Melee's level 9...the first day I was losing to them most of the time, 2nd day i started beating them a lot easier, and now I just kill them easy :D Wolf is much harder though..

Cheezball

Smash Ace
I think they are so much easier than melee's lvl 9s. I could never beat a lvl 9 cpu in melee, but now I can kill lvl 9 cpus so easily. I killed one the first time I tried, and I did it playing as a duo I haven't played yet on brawl, which are the Ice Climbers.

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
Lol at people trying to show each other up by posting things like "I can 10 stock 194823984 cpus"

Performance vs. computers is not indicative of skill and no one cares.

ytv

Smash Apprentice
I personally LOVE how much better the AI is. I remember taking on lvl 9's in melee like popcorn, and having almost no problems (just 1 on 1, mind you). And also, does anybody know exactly what level they think wolf was on when you fought him to unlock him for the first time? I actually lost twice before I got him...
I would say wolf was around 7 - 8 ish. Wasn't too hard for me to unlock him. I only did die once because of a random item =/

On the side note level 9 comp's aren't that hard. They make mistakes, thats when you strike.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
computer air dodges EVERYtime they are in the air EVEN if you dont attack, just wait and punish

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I found CPUs to be hard enough to drag down a stock. Way to go Ninty!
But still, they have flaws:
A, they wont go on very high platforms, even if they are smeone like ROB or Pit, so you can camp up there to stall a match in a stagebuilder stage.
b: They airdodge so much, that they have actually airdodged after hitting them, I went into an Edgehog, and they were FAR below before they decided "OMFG IM OVER A PIT UP-B"

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Some got much smarter.

Go face a level 9 Bowser in Melee. He Walks (Not a dash), breathes fire, walks breaths fire over and over again until he's very close to you.

TheStig

Smash Lord
The CPU is tougher, sometimes it seems like they can grab me in midair after a blocked fair attack.

ThePUNK

Smash Apprentice
I think the only reason why you are not beating the snot out of these lvl 9s is because you are being way too agressive when you play. There Defecnce is VERY good but there attacking is horrible! Always let them make the first move, and you will win trust me;)

DDM

Smash Journeyman
AI isn't better, you're just not used to them yet. When melee came out you would've thought AI was good in melee.

Game just came out kiddo.
That must be it, because when I first started out with Melee several years ago I had a hard time with Lv. 9's, but as the release of Brawl drew closer I was defeating them easily. The AI does appear to be a little tougher, and it could be compounded by my inexperience with the new and adjusted characters. I've been able to keep up fairly well as my main (Sonic) and some others (Snake, Olimar), but I've had a tough time putting them away because Sonic doesn't have a great KO move. (no Johns, I know) But as I'm practicing the techniques in the guide I'm getting better and defeating them more often.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
The only time I've had any trouble at all with Brawl's level 9 AI is during FFA's. In most one-on-one matches, I have no problem taking out a level 9 CPU; however, I've found that CPU's tend to 'designate' targets and have consequently been on the receiving end of 6 fists and feet every time I try to recover from off-stage.

They're conspiring . . . I know it . . .

YSM

Smash Apprentice
I don't really see how anyone could say Melee was harder. In Melee, they would literally WALK right into charged smashes. Not to mention, some characters like Bowser only did two attacks(Flamethrower and Bowser Bomb). In Brawl, they play a little more like actual humans. For the most part, they're still pretty easy...but Wolf, Toon Link, Zelda, and Pikachu can be a pain.

Top Bottom