• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lunar Landing & Delayed Lunar Landing - A Rosalina Advanced Technique (Video)

Lunar Landing & Delayed Lunar Landing - A Rosalina Advanced Technique (Video)

c4p1v4r4

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4270-1365-3495
This is what I call a good christmas present, nice work :pikachu:

Smasher89

Smash Lord
This ixs old though but i guess itll help new players anyway, you can use the cstick to get easy luma upairs.

ConCeal12

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mimic19
I forgot who mentioned, but that person is right.... it should be Luma Landing :/

Keytrun

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keytrun
3DS FC
1908-0553-7302
What's your advice for performing it with the fast fall? Are you using the c stick? Do you have c stick as smash or tilts?

AceStarThe3rd

SmashTuber
NNID
AceStarThe3rd2
What's your advice for performing it with the fast fall? Are you using the c stick? Do you have c stick as smash or tilts?
I usually use the C-Stick, and for Rosa, I mix it up; sometimes, tilts are better for me, other times, Smash is better.
Depends on the MU, usually; if I need to do retreating LL'd Fairs, then yea, tilts.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Something useful to know to go along with this is what frame aerials begin to have landing lag on. For example, nair's landing lag starts on frame 3, so landing during the first two frames give you the lagless cancel and lets you do whatever while Luma attacks.

Aerial | Landing Lag Start
Nair | 3f
Fair | 8f
Bair | 5f
Uair | 2f
Dair | 4f

So, notably, you have to be frame perfect for uair, while fair is by far the most lenient.

Keytrun

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keytrun
3DS FC
1908-0553-7302
I usually use the C-Stick, and for Rosa, I mix it up; sometimes, tilts are better for me, other times, Smash is better.
Depends on the MU, usually; if I need to do retreating LL'd Fairs, then yea, tilts.
Yea, I worry about all of that. I hate to have to switch c stick for tilt / smash. I'd rather just get used to one and stick with it. What do you mean retreating LL fairs? Can you explain that a little better? I'd love some combos with the LL stuff. I feel like playing online makes it a little harder to do the perfect LL because ANY lag whatsoever makes it harder. Can you explain the difference between a delayed and a perfect LL? Is there any reason to ever use the delayed one intentionally? I feel like I can do the LL easier with c stick for all LLs except when I want to go from fair LL to up tilt. I can't do that with c stick, and doing nair LL is hard too. I'm just trying to figure out how to use it in actual games.

What are your thoughts on the perfect pivot? Do you feel that c stick as tilt will become the norm because of it? Do do nair LL into up smash I really need smash c stick, same with nair into forward smash. I don't want to not be able to do the perfect pivot though. I'd love to hear your thoughts on all of this. I'm really good with toon link and decent with rosalina. I'm trying to determine which one to focus on for my main. There are already a lot of toon links but not many rosalinas because she's so hard to play correctly. I feel like a toon link just doesn't have that same top tier potential as rosa. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks - and I really liked your videos! Keep it up!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
AceStar submitted a new guide:

Lunar Landing & Delayed Lunar Landing - A Rosalina Advanced Technique (Video) - Rosalina,Lunar Landing,Rosalina Advance Technique,Rosalina Guide,Rosalina Video

Read more about this guide...
So I really like this guide, does perfectly explain how to do this move. If I have one point of criticism it's I would've like to see some step by step instructions on some follow ups you could do. Nothing needed, but would've appreciated it. Overall excellent video.
Something useful to know to go along with this is what frame aerials begin to have landing lag on. For example, nair's landing lag starts on frame 3, so landing during the first two frames give you the lagless cancel and lets you do whatever while Luma attacks.

Nair | 3f
Fair | 8f
Bair | 5f
Uair | 2f
Dair | 4f

So, notably, you have to be frame perfect for uair, while fair is by far the most lenient.
Now, if someone was able to be frame perfect for uair, would it be worth it? Like are there great follow up opportunities/power from it?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
So I really like this guide, does perfectly explain how to do this move. If I have one point of criticism it's I would've like to see some step by step instructions on some follow ups you could do. Nothing needed, but would've appreciated it. Overall excellent video.

Now, if someone was able to be frame perfect for uair, would it be worth it? Like are there great follow up opportunities/power from it?

In training mode I'm able to get uair nair and bair from an uair. It wasn't perfect but it still worked haven't tried it outside of training mode yet.

AceStarThe3rd

SmashTuber
NNID
AceStarThe3rd2
What do you mean retreating LL fairs? Can you explain that a little better?
What I mean is when somebody is rushing me down, I like to use LL'd Fairs while moving away from them to slip them up.

Can you explain the difference between a delayed and a perfect LL? Is there any reason to ever use the delayed one intentionally?
The difference is just the landing lag that happens during the delayed one.
Ideally, you would never actually want to use a delayed one and always a perfect one. But I mean, who's frame perfect like that?

TKD

Smash Lord

Nair | 3f
Fair | 8f
Bair | 5f
Uair | 2f
Dair | 4f

Wow, thank you! This is more useful than the video lol

Does anyone know if Olimar cycles Pikmin when doing this?

Last edited:

Keytrun

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keytrun
3DS FC
1908-0553-7302
Would you say you use smash or tilts more? Also how do tilts make retreating LL fairs easier?

Top Bottom