• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luma infinite on Sheik?

SirKenneth

Smash Cadet
So I saw this video and I don't know if anyone knows about it. I was going to just post it in the video thread but it didn't seem to be the right place so I made a new topic. Allegedly this is an infinite that only works on Sheik and Falcon. Just wondering if anyone can confirm that we cannot get out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeT1rN4MLX0

Tristan_win

Not dead.
~sighs~ This isn't the first time I've seen this video.... I guess I should look into this even though I'm pretty sure it doesn't work.

When Rosalina normally grab/dash grab Sheik and a grab break occurs Sheik will always ground break the only times this it's true is when the following happen.

1. Sheik decides to hold up when the grab release happens and isn't getting pummeled forcing herself to air break
  2. Rosalina grabs Sheik in a scenario where Sheik feet can't touch the ground (example: Grabbing Sheik while standing ontop of the edge of a platform or the stage)
  3. OR as demonstrated in this video if Rosalina grab Sheiks while she is still airborne causing the game to glitch and think Sheik feet aren't touching the ground.
So realistically in a normal match this is only going to work if Rosalina does a reverse dash grab while sheik is doing a aerial approach due to the increase range of the grab and even then it still requires Luma to be already out at the required distance...

Next part

Does Luma jab1 jab2, crouch cancel into jab1 combo work

Training mode say no at 0% 100% 130%

NOT A INFINITE

If someone tries to do this to you just spam Nair and knock that cute star away.

/thread.

Last edited:

SirKenneth

Smash Cadet
Thank you very much I apologize if seeing this again annoyed you but I was discussing with a friend of mine reasons why I didn't think it worked. So I wanted to post this to see what others thought. Once again thanks.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Thank you very much I apologize if seeing this again annoyed you but I was discussing with a friend of mine reasons why I didn't think it worked. So I wanted to post this to see what others thought. Once again thanks.
No it's no problem your not the only one who was worried about this. To be honest if it wasn't you it would of most likely be someone else eventuality who would make this thread.

Last edited:

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
There are some things to keep in mind here.

Contrary to what seems to be popular belief, the grab release is not essential to get the "infinite" off. It's just a quick setup to get the right distance Luma needs to start it. It can started any time the Luma gets you in a jab.

The Training mode combo meter still suffers from inaccuracies, but one thing to note is it only checks to see if hitstun is expired before the combo meter is broken. There are strings where you can "combo" outside of hitstun where the hitstun has ended, but the opponent lacks the frames to defend themselves from a followup attack since defensive options do have a small startup time. This is one of those followups.

There are no frame 1 escapes Sheik has to protect herself from attacks aside from shield, and since you're 1. in the air and 2. even if you land, there's a brief period of 3-4 frames before you can act anyway, Sheik cannot actually escape it despite what the Combo meter would have you think.

As for whether DI/VI works to break it, I don't know because I haven't had a friend to test this with yet. The AI definitely does not know how to break it. But if it is escapable, it's not by virtue of the evidence @ Tristan_win Tristan_win provided.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Contrary to what most people believe, Smash 4 still has very strong SDI. It's just that SDI'ing on a 3DS is ****ty cause you can't DSSDI.
Well, it's really that most multi-hit attacks have had their SDI ratios properly lowered so that they cannot be randomly escaped. SDI in general and otherwise is still essentially the same.

And yeah, I can confirm as well that the "infinite" is anything but. Just SDI in, through Luma.

Top Bottom