• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's weaknesses

Pompi

Smash Journeyman
do you actually use the cyclone to hit them offstage ? or do you just do it when theyre grabbing the ledge? i pretty much think bair is the best move to gimp with correct me if im wrong .. oh btw i know this is completley off topic but does anyone know if marth's or ike's counters stop mks whorenado?

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
When someone tries to gimp my recovery they will sometimes chase me down. I like to fall a little bit farther and wait for their attack animation to lag as I do a Rising Cyclone to catch them off guard and turn the tables on them. Sometimes it stage spikes them below angled edges, and sometimes I get them as they try to recover with their second jump after they failed their spike/aerial and it leaves them nearly helpless.

But if they're grabbing on the the ledge, good players won't let you bAir stage spike them while they're grabbing the lip. But yeah, Luigi is short ranged, and his best gimp move is a well timed bAir.

grimacetpp

Smash Apprentice
This is going off the comment about Luigi being bad on the ledge. What I like to do as Luigi is if the opponent is too close you can press away from the stage, letting go of the ledge, and then instantly uair. This will hit the opponent and give you some time to either double jump to the ledge or over the edge, it's pretty effective with mario as well.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Do you know you guys said Luigi was dead last in tournament rankings? Does anyone happen to have a link as to where this list is? I'm probably having a dippy moment; I can't seem to find it anywhere >.<

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Do you know you guys said Luigi was dead last in tournament rankings? Does anyone happen to have a link as to where this list is? I'm probably having a dippy moment; I can't seem to find it anywhere >.<
You talkin about Ank's rankings thread thinggy? I think luigi was like dead last all the time when it maybe around abit before summer time last year or maybe early beginning. Who knows lol. But sorry I dont even recall us recording our tourney standings :(

This is going off the comment about Luigi being bad on the ledge. What I like to do as Luigi is if the opponent is too close you can press away from the stage, letting go of the ledge, and then instantly uair. This will hit the opponent and give you some time to either double jump to the ledge or over the edge, it's pretty effective with mario as well.
Usually good oppenents won't be anywhere in your range and will always be outside of your range. Since luigi has short range (excluding fireball) and people who outrange him such as Ike generally limit the majority of his ledge options and basically **** him. All it takes is step out of our range, use a Fair, and your a dead man.

Also, if they happen to me near the edge, alot of times they are trying to bait you. Ppl like Marth who goes near the edge to bait you into doing a ledgedrop atk, will often OOSupb (inv frames). So you have to be careful. It's more of who can guess which move is gonna do first.

Oh try not to bump months old threads, though i was gonna bump this myself for the newcomers and try to re-fix this but that's okay :chuckle:

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I die so many times, just because I get killed after trying to get away from the edge >_>
This dosent work against good campers, but I usually just run if the stage is big enough. You would be amazed what a cowardly luigi can do.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Bumped for newbs. Techanically this is slightly outdated due to our meta-game at a higher level such as buffering, crawldashing and such. Will most likely re-edit this tomrrow.

If anyone wants to add in stuff, or fix some stuff here since this thing is outdated, (I'm seeing the camping thing not much of a weakness now hehe). Then feel free to add in stuff.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Bumped; fixed a few in the thread. Since our meta-game pretty much progressed from the time I posted this first, it means we're doing work. Keep it up guys. I haven't completely finished editing this, but if any of you have questions, any suggestions, more then welcome!

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
your talking about his low traction, i mean it is a weakness in essence of shieldgrabbing and such, but you can fix that with powershielding but that's player dependent. his low traction is a weakness AND advantage.

NRD4toonlink

Smash Cadet
if weegee blowws on the edge, what if its a girl? like zeldas wating for him, then what does he do then? he blows and eats or what? well ledge droppem sun and do some crazy acrobatics you know? like the rip off of falcons move we call a uair or just dair them suckers god please forgive my blasphemies

Top Bottom