• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Luigi's Social Mansion

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I dunno, if the electric stream imitates the stream in M&L, a Charged B -> Hyphen Smash is certainly viable.

BSP

Smash Legend
Ok, as long as it'd have enough stun

I'm glad I'm not the only one who'd mind fireballs going.

2Jar

Smash Rookie
i think they should replace the missile animation with the vacuum animation, but u have to charge it the opposite way, like a lucas wavebounce. if it sucks someone in it turns into a kirby like command grab, but if doesn't, then it launches the air out pushing him the other way like the green missile. this will keep his recovery, give the command grab option, and take out the green missile animation, which i don't even know the origin of.

also, if they don't have wavedashing they could change the side B so that while he is on the floor, he never misfires to avoid SD's, he has little start up lag, and he stays on his feet when he does it. this will give the option to side B away from your opponent if they jump in on you and give luigi a setup if not l-cancel'd

BSP

Smash Legend
For future reference, try not to double post. Use the edit function if your post is still the newest.

Also, I'm guessing your FB means Forward B. we usually call it side B since FB is usually used to reference the fireball

I'll get to the ideas when Im not on a phone.

:phone:

Nintendo being nintendo probably won't ditch the misfire possibility on the ground, but him landing on his feet (lower cooldown essentially) is would be good. It'd be even better if they increased Luigi's horizontal speed when he's travelling with the missile too.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Luigi has sounded a lot more cowardly in Brawl than he ever did in Melee. But I'm guessing that that's to reference his role in Luigi's Mansion.

Still, I feel like Luigi needs to toughen up, to some extent.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Luigi's cowardly nature has remained consistent through his roles in the RPGs, on the other hand. And with Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon coming out soon, it's likely that aspect of his character will remain in Smash.

It's better than a Mario with sped up voice clips, at any rate.

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
Luigi's cowardly nature has remained consistent through his roles in the RPGs, on the other hand. And with Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon coming out soon, it's likely that aspect of his character will remain in Smash.

Eh, I thought he wasn't too cowardly in the rpgs (I haven't played SPM). He was a still comedic, but a little more cocky and confident in the sports titles in 64 days. I wouldn't mind him being scared in certain situations, but he shouldn't be scared of everything, especially a waddle dee.

Also,

Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.
John Wayne

BSP

Smash Legend
Luigi was actually really brave in SPM, compared to his other appearances.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

But still, Luigi shouldn't be afraid of every kind of creature that he sees. I can understand poltergeists, but Luigi shouldn't be timid towards Waddle Dees; they're generally the weakest Kirby enemies in the game when they're unarmed.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

Would it be too much to ask if I wanted Silver Luigi to be an alternate skin for Luigi for Smash 4? Silver Fireballs included?

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
More changes I would like to see for him in the next game:
1. Better air mobility and ground speed: Luigi has great air moves, but he can get juggled by others with better ability through the air. Also, he needs to run alittle faster than Mario and a little more traction. I think he'll be fine next game with slippy shoes, but he shouldn't slide as much.

2. Different SideB: I know he had the Green Missile in Melee, but what other game have you seen it in except that and Brawl. He could use a more unique move suitable to his games. I think the Poltergust 3000 would do well with the ice element or vacuum ability. Use it as a grab start combo: SideB vacuum (slight stun), DTilt, Fsmash.

BSP

Smash Legend
If he loses the missile, he needs to get something to help his recovery imo.

jigglover

Smash Lord
This hasn't been brought up on this thread, so I'll do it, what about his transfer from mario to his own series, luigi's mansion. It's been mentioned quite a few times on the king boo forum, and this would benefit the mario series too since it can get another character in if the the maximum series rep count sticks at 5 in SSB4, it would also give Luigi a lot more of a reputation than being Mario's scaredy-cat brother. Most people use Luigi's mansion to say that he's not a coward since he fought some scary poltergeists.

Support Plusle and Minun on http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=325551 !

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Luigi has appeared in a lot more Super Mario titles though, so giving him the mushroom icon isn't all that farfetched.

On the other hand, Yoshi hasn't had too many games for his own series, and yet managed to keep his egg icon.

D

Deleted member

Luigi has appeared in a lot more Super Mario titles though, so giving him the mushroom icon isn't all that farfetched.

On the other hand, Yoshi hasn't had too many games for his own series, and yet managed to keep his egg icon.
Yoshi (a puzzle game)
Yoshi's Cookie
Yoshi's Safari
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island/Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
Tetris Attack (technically; as it stars Yoshi)
Yoshi's Story
Yoshi Topsy Turvy
Yoshi Touch & Go
Yoshi's Island DS

9 games isn't too terribly bad, in my opinion.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Not important, but I remember that the Nintendo Power Player's Guide had a name for every attack that the characters had and used in Melee. Here is Luigi's.

Weak Attacks

1-2-3: Left Jab, Right Jab, Plumber's Rump

Strong Attacks

Upward: Cat Punch
Forward: Plumber Kick
Downward: Heel Kick

SMASH ATTACKS:

Upward: Lead Headbutt
Forward: Trowel Stab
Downward: Breakdance Sweep

Dash Attack: Fist of Fear

Aerial Attacks:

Center: Plumbers' Boot
Front: Chop Chop
Back: Drop Kick
Up: Bicycle Kick
Down: Screwdriver Kick

Special Attacks

Standard B: Fireball
Foward B: Green Missile
Upward B: Super Jump Punch
Downward B: Luigi Cyclone

Grapples and Throw Downs

Pummel: Clutch Headbutt
Front: Heave-Ho
Back: Airplane Swing
Up: Luigi Launch
Down: Down the Drain

If anyone really cares.

mrbrawl

Smash Cadet
final smash

I like his final smash but it needs something more:

My idea is luigi grabs a golden tanooki suit and does a super strong tail wii that repulses people or kills them :reverse:

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Luigi's final smash is extremely creepy to me if you read the trophy it said something about Luigi being evil or embracing his dark side.

mrbrawl

Smash Cadet
ya that one of the reasons plus it wasn't that good way do you think of mine

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
It's fine I mean the golden tanooki suit has been seen recently lately but we need something more Luigi oriented like the poltergeist 3000 from Luigi's mansion would be better

Also the Luigi zone is a good final smash especially on small stages its an easy k.o move if you stand right next to your opponents and press B-up it causes damage and paralysis it just comes outta nowhere that's all.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Luigi's final smash is easily my favorite for that very reason.

Runner up is Samus's solely for the fact she strips her armor afterwards and turns into ZSS.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
I like doing samus's special in mid-air but I always die because of the transformation time though :(

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If my theory that it is possible we could get two final smashes per character (one super attack, one super transformation per character), then we would get a super transformation move for Luigi. Personally, I think Mr. L, or the Mr. L robot would easily be the way to go. That would be too awesome of a route not to follow!

mrbrawl

Smash Cadet
i would think the poltergeist3000 would be for grabs and a down b

i like the tanooki suit could be one since its recent and his old one was ok but not the best

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
i would think the poltergeist3000 would be for grabs and a down b

i like the tanooki suit could be one since its recent and his old one was ok but not the best
Tanooki is okay but its not really associated with Luigi. Evenness you think Luigi what the first thing that comes to mind Luigi's mansion I mean it would be cook if he released ghost on the stages and they catch his opponents and grab on to them while he sucks them up in the poltergeist 3000

mrbrawl

Smash Cadet
thats my idea for his down b but he only shoots one ghost at a time and his grabs are like yoshis because he would suck in to grab and then reverse shooting them out

GyroTech

Smash Rookie
mrbrawl, how would he pummel?

Has anyone considered making Luigi's vacuum a recovery option? Perhaps(I don't know which input yet) he could aim it in the opposite direction he's facing and blast of in that direction

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I feel like Luigi, Mario, Waluigi and Wario should have each others outfits as different recolors.
I mean, Red, Green, Blue(Waluigi) and Yellow.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I feel like Luigi, Mario, Waluigi and Wario should have each others outfits as different recolors.
I mean, Red, Green, Blue(Waluigi) and Yellow.
You must remember though that every character has a limit of "6" palettes per outfit, and half of them are used for team battles.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@NikoPunkSUPEERMAARIO: From what I understand, Luigi's Super Mario Bros. reference got replaced by Fire Luigi. Seeing as the two are roughly similar to each other, the replacement is understandable.

In terms of Luigi's red recolor, I often found it weird for Luigi to be wearing pink, so I did up Luigi's red recolor so that it's more of a reference to Mario; likewise, one of my Mario recolors somewhat references Luigi, but the hat and shirt are using a darker green color.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
You must remember though that every character has a limit of "6" palettes per outfit, and half of them are used for team battles.
Well, something that Sakurai COULD do is expand the palletes limit to 8 or something (not counting alts obviously)

@NikoPunkSUPEERMAARIO: From what I understand, Luigi's Super Mario Bros. reference got replaced by Fire Luigi. Seeing as the two are roughly similar to each other, the replacement is understandable.

In terms of Luigi's red recolor, I often found it weird for Luigi to be wearing pink, so I did up Luigi's red recolor so that it's more of a reference to Mario; likewise, one of my Mario recolors somewhat references Luigi, but the hat and shirt are using a darker green color.
I'm pretty sure his pink pallete swap is a reference to his appearance in Wrecking Crew, although I wouldn't mind if it referenced Mario.

Ven447

Smash Rookie
NNID
MinatoYuki
3DS FC
2492-5365-3559
Luigi in my opinion should lose his standard b special fireball for a command grab that would be awesome and used in the air shoot him back so he might get a new recovery like when Marth does Shield Breaker backwards in the air. He is my favorite Character in Smash and i hope he stays that way!

D

Deleted member

Oh God, please, Sakurai, don't give Mario a Luigi color and Luigi a Mario color....

Top Bottom