• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Mansion: best stage for Ike?

Krath

Smash Cadet
It has the pillars which stop most projectiles, making it a lot easier for Ike to approach, and it has multiple platforms, making it easy for Ike to usmash people when they're on top of them. I actually think this stage may be best for Ike. :0

Doval

Smash Lord
I disagree. The pillars won't help you approach in any way because they're at the sides of the mansion. If you fight a projectile-heavy character there, you get screwed over because you'll have a hard time jumping over the projectiles. It's extremely uncomfortable unless you destroy the mansion - and if you're going to do that, you might as well pick another stage.

Krath

Smash Cadet
True, but most people won't try to use a projectile when there are things blocking their path. And, since they'd have to be relatively close to be able to get past both of the pillars to hit you with a projectile, it would lower the amount of space you need to approach.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Theres no fact about this .... it's just preference...sure the pillars help for blocking projectiles but that alone doesn't make it an IKE stage since he can use it to his advantage..I mean if Ike can do it then I guess it's a Marth stage too right?! See my point? I for one hate playing as Ike on that stage...it's just "uncomfortable" as the other guy said.

Krath

Smash Cadet
I'm not saying it's only good for Ike. Most stages aren't good for just one character. I'm just it may be good for Ike, as well as some other characters. Plus, Ike has a lot more trouble approaching than Marth does.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
I don't know but IMO luigi's mansion is definitely a ROB stage **** ROB can combo off the walls like crazy. And there is like almost no way to dodge the laser, because I think it goes through the walls. Its definitely not an Ike stage way to little room. For Ike his aerials are essential and you really can't do them effectively in the cramped walls.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I'd say the most "Ike" stage is probably Shadow Moses, as Ike can easily KO off the top, doesn't need to worry about being side KOed much, and the close quarters combat shuts down counters like R.O.B. Though I'm not sure if that stage is tourney legal, I think it is though.

Krath

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Shadow Moses is banned. DeDeDe is a big reason as to why. :/

Top Bottom