• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Luigi's Mansion 2?!

Guider

Smash Rookie
i remember when i first played the original luigi's mansion i remember when i beat it the first time i didn't "completely" beat it as i had missed some rooms and things like that so i decided the 2nd or 3rd time i've played i want to make it a "perfect game"(also i try to be a perfectionist in case yall haven't noticed) and so i did it was hard to do it though considering anything that wasn't perfect i had 2 restart the gc :/ but yeah i can't wait to get this game wonder when its coming out....

GOMB

Smash Rookie
I've been saying they should make this game for years now. It was always one of my GC favorites and I always thought it was really underrated and overlooked. Part of the reason I bought a 3DS.

Kuhn

Smash Cadet
Actually if you already own a Wii you wouldn't need to spend extra money in the first place, sadly that's not the case but it's a little dissapointing that it's only on the 3DS though, I might get the original one instead.
I wouldn't see the point in them releasing it on the Wii anyways. If this game is coming out in early 2012, it would be to close to the end of the Wii. Now, if they had a port for the Wii U then heck yes but 3DS seems the best route for them to do tbh because it won't be forgotten so quickly.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
So like, first half of 2013 now.

:c

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I have a theory!!!!!

If any of you have been on the site Luigi's Bigger Mansion, it has a detailed catalogue of most of the beta elements of the 1st game. If you haven't seen it yet you should check it out. ANYWHOOT!! There was an article in there that discussed a possible correlation between the stories in Luigi's Mansion and Mario Sunshine with some kind of light/dark theme, but they inevitably dropped the idea.
When they released the finalized title of the sequel as Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, I couldn't help but think that since Nintendo is basically comprised of geniuses they couldn't possibly pass up an opportunity to use the idea. The imagery of the "dark moon" and the wording they used in the article seem like foreshadowing. So if you hear any news about a new Mario Sunshine type game for the 3DS, or see any easter eggs when LM2 comes out, then we're in for a big treat.
The game's gonna be awesome regardless.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
[FONT=&quot]☯ I'm surprised there's not a lot of talk about this game since multiplayer has been relieved, not to mention the release date of March 24th for the US and 20th for Japan. [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

Vudujin

Smash Lord
The game looks incredible. I'm glad they delayed it for the hunter mode. That sounds like it could be fun for endless hours. . . . like Mario Party. . . 50 turns

Apparently you can launch Toad around with your Poltergust.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Pretty favorable reviews for this game! Course, I have no 3DS...:/

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I need to find more hours to play this game. I only beat A-3. )=

☯ I see GameSpot has yet to give a 3DS game anything around 9/10. =/

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey guys.

I just got Luigi's Mansion 2.

And Super Mario 3D Land.

Get at me for some multi in Luigi's Mansion 2. :3 And I also need to find time to get through it. I was in the mission to get all those webs and kept falling off the foyers!!!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I must know, does completing a mission fast get's you a 3★, or you have to do more?

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
Luigi's Mansion was such an underrated game and one of my personal favourites. This game looks to be far more diverse than the original with multiple mansions so I'm excited to see how that turns out.
The Original Controls were much better and the flow of the original by the terms of sucking up ghosts was better. If it had that concept would of been easily better then the original.

§leepy God

Smash Master
It's kind of weird, the missions in this game kind of feel like Mario 3D platformers. When you have an option to snoop around, but at the same time you have an objective. I do like it, and I have to get out of a habit of sucking up creatures. >.<

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Is the general consensus that this game is better than the original? I might consider getting it if it's a lot better than the original.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Gameplay, controls, how long you'll have to play to get 100% and humor in this game is a lot better than the first game. The mansion bosses difficultly after the first boss, and no portrait ghost might be a turn off though, but its not too bad. Overall, I think Dark Moon is a great improvement over the first Luigi's Mansion. Luigi's character is a lot better in this game as well and his humor.

finalark

SNORLAX
I just did a play though of Weegee's Masnion 1 last night. Once I have the money I'm gonna get Weegee Mansion 2.

I'm actually really excited to play it. I've been wanting a sequel since the Game Cube days.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Can't believe I let my cousin play my Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon just to have my file deleted. T_T

☯ Well, there goes my 12 hours of story mode, at least I can enjoy the stages again and get 3★.

Top Bottom