• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Tech, Strat and Setup Discussion Thread (UPDATE: 9/01/08) Torpedo "zap jump"

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Lol Alia mod's never do anything >.>

Anyways we have a new strat or AT how ever you wanna call it, called "L-cancel" aka " Luigi-cancel" All credits to Boss8 on this ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt53flmF2m0

Around 0:33 to 0:36 you see him doing aerials much quicker and landing much quicker .

Good sh*t boss!!!
EDIT: /me = blind.
it could be used to chain areals very effectively, i hope it is a luigi exclusive AT.

note: boss makes luigi look fast.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
It's basically doing a aerial and quickly airdodging to the ground. Think of it as Melee Luigi doing a aerial into a wavedash :p

Actually i was just playing melee luigi with wavedashing, it made my brawl luigi with that Luigi cancel faster LOL.

bobson

Smash Lord
I would like to point out that you're crediting someone for the image in the OP when the only thing they did to make it was enlarge someone else's sprite. And it was ripped improperly, for that matter; there are bits of green where the background should be.

Unless of course the sprite is custom-made and merely mimics the style of the M&L games extremely well, which I doubt.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I would like to point out that you're crediting someone for the image in the OP when the only thing they did to make it was enlarge someone else's sprite. And it was ripped improperly, for that matter; there are bits of green where the background should be.

Unless of course the sprite is custom-made and merely mimics the style of the M&L games extremely well, which I doubt.
They did use a sprite but as you can see they added text and a background (not so much work) but it does have some user created content in it so credit goes to them (not the sprite as a whole but well the person's anonymous apparently). Also, if you have heard about sprite artists well, they take sprites and make art with them. Either way credit is due even if it is just a background and name.

bobson

Smash Lord
They did use a sprite but as you can see they added text and a background (not so much work) but it does have some user created content in it so credit goes to them (not the sprite as a whole but well the person's anonymous apparently). Also, if you have heard about sprite artists well, they take sprites and make art with them. Either way credit is due even if it is just a background and name.

They didn't create the centerpiece of the photo, though; an analogy would be taking the Mona Lisa, putting a flower frame around it, and claiming credit for the painting. You should at least clarify that they're being given credit for the text, not the sprite.

And yes, I know all too much about sprite artists. I'm a pixel artist myself.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
They didn't create the centerpiece of the photo, though; an analogy would be taking the Mona Lisa, putting a flower frame around it, and claiming credit for the painting. You should at least clarify that they're being given credit for the text, not the sprite.

And yes, I know all too much about sprite artists. I'm a pixel artist myself.
I will credit accordingly :)

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Hold on, so with Luigi's zap jump, do you rise with the torpedo because you are inputting both commands right after each other? Can anyone point me to a video that shows this being done because i am a little confused.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
AliAsvee said:
Hold on, so with Luigi's zap jump, do you rise with the torpedo because you are inputting both commands right after each other? Can anyone point me to a video that shows this being done because i am a little confused.
Unfortunately, there is no video on the topic, try it out though you'll see what I mean.

hippiedude92 said:
Good sh*t Loucan! I was thinking green missle as a offstage gimp for lulz. Anyways, good to have you back Loucan
Lol why doesn't anyone write my name correctly :( :laugh:.

Anyways, yea I'm back but this weekend was a long one thank's to labor day. Therefore, no classes and obviously free time.

Ugh in two weeks I have like three tests, at least college is easy jaja.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
I'll try it out myself, i just don't know what to do, but i geuss i was right with jumping while doing the torpedo? I'll check it out, see if i do it right, and then post a video so you can reference it in your guide.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I'll try it out myself, i just don't know what to do, but i geuss i was right with jumping while doing the torpedo? I'll check it out, see if i do it right, and then post a video so you can reference it in your guide.
Jump and then quickly input + hold the torpedo.

CR4SH

Smash Lord

After much testing I came to the conclusion that inputting the jump and side-b commands don't give you anymore reach than if jumping and then quickly pressing and holding side-b.

wait, what? I must be misunderstanding this piece, but I just built a stage to test it, and it most definetly goes higher than just jumping and then rocketing. What am I missing?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
wait, what? I must be misunderstanding this piece, but I just built a stage to test it, and it most definetly goes higher than just jumping and then rocketing. What am I missing?
If you jump "or short hop" and wait till the height of the jump to then side-b, you will see a difference, because you are not inputing it while still having momentum from the jump. If you jump and quickly do the side-b, you will jump higher because of momentum. If you jump and side-b at the same frame you will have the same effect as above. In other words, the jump then side-b has the same physics as the jump and then tornado.

Top Bottom