• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luddoj's Project M 3.5 CSP Workshop - High Quality CSPs for You! (DEFINETELY SUSPENDED)

Narpas_sword

Wow Good job! My PM now have a new and better look.
It'd be nice to see new Fox's icons and portraits;)

EDIT:
There are a little issue in the yoshi's CSS icon, In the original PM Characters Select Screen the word YOSHI cover the face and the eyes of the yoshi css icon.
They're designed to not use names.
Scroll up the page to see how to remove them

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj

EDIT:
There are a little issue in the yoshi's CSS icon, In the original PM Characters Select Screen the word YOSHI cover the face and the eyes of the yoshi css icon.
As I stated before in previous posts, the idea is to remove the names from the CSS. The user "Inquirer" has already posted the necessary procedure to remove te names.
The reason for that is because I consider redundant to have the names on the CSS and also on the CSPs, and I consider the names to look better on the CSP slots, so I'm trying to keep those.

About Fox, I had some troubles with his alternate costumes so I haven't been able to design them yet. Also, keep in mind that I have to repair my PC and also add my programs back to start working on my models again.

I am building a Custom Build of sorts for you all, and I plan to release a video to show you how the entire project is going! Expect it very soon!

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet

EDIT:
The CSS Icons are meant to be used without the names on top of them. Inquirer made a post about how to remove the names.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Guys, quick update:

I was checking the CSPs directly from the game, and I found out that Wario's CSPs were way bigger than the rest of the CSPs I had posted here. so, to keep consitency and a sleek look on the CSS, I have fixed his size, and have updated the download links with the new pictures. Check them out and re-download the pack if you have already downloaded it.

To check the before and after of the model:
Before:

After:

The pose now features more of Wario's body and also centers him. Quite a big fix in my opinion. I'll be trying to update the next batch of CSPs during the course of the week. Stay tuned to the build for more news and info.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
I like these.

Carry on.
Thank you so much for taking the time to check my humble work Nanobuds. I'm a big fan of your work. I always check your updates from Brawl Vault, so it means a lot to me to actually know that you like what I'm making here.

I'll carry on...

Greytel

Smash Rookie
Hey Ludddoj, these CSP's look great! Very nice work!
Have you done any for Samus or Snake by any chance?

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Hey Ludddoj, these CSP's look great! Very nice work!
Have you done any for Samus or Snake by any chance?
Thanks! It's funny, because I'm just designing Samus at the moment! Expect her CSPs during the course of the week.

I'm also working on SSS edits. I plan to release a video showing how things are going. I will upload it between today and tomorrow, hopefully. If you are interested in my work and my Build/CSP art, please consider checking the thread periodically and spreading the word. I would really appreciate the help!

Greytel

Smash Rookie
Thanks! It's funny, because I'm just designing Samus at the moment! Expect her CSPs during the course of the week.

I'm also working on SSS edits. I plan to release a video showing how things are going. I will upload it between today and tomorrow, hopefully. If you are interested in my work and my Build/CSP art, please consider checking the thread periodically and spreading the word. I would really appreciate the help!

Consider me excited!
You must have a lot of fans, I actually found this thread from someone mentioning you on a Reddit thread.
Looking forward to more of your work.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Consider me excited!
You must have a lot of fans, I actually found this thread from someone mentioning you on a Reddit thread.
Looking forward to more of your work.
Oh god I'm actually surprise about that!
I do know of people who praise and enjoy my work, and I'm very grateful about that. Mind sharing with me the link to said thread? I'm very interested.

I'm trying to deliver high quality CSPs and other helpful materials for the PM community to customize their own builds and have something they can enjoy. I'm really happy to have you on board!
im eagerly awaiting samus =p

The hard thing with her is finding a pose that works for all the costumes, due to the different sizes, they can look strange.
So many people talking about characters. I started working on Peach and Fox a while back, but since I'm having some technical difficulties I have decided to leave them for later. Samus on the other hand, requires a lot of work, as she has different structures depending on her costume/suit. However, since I have spent the last few days posting news and trying to get stuff working on again, I'm actually trying to post Samus' update this week.

Thanks for the patience and I hope you enjoy the set batch of updates coming your way.

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet

What's SSS?

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
What's SSS?
Stage Select Screen

Things that you can edit there include:
- Icons
- Stage Previews
- Stage Names
- Stage Order
- Add Stages
- Add custom logos

In the past I posted I was working on Tournament Viable Stage Previews and Icons, that's what I'm focusing on right now.

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet
Stage Select Screen

Things that you can edit there include:
- Icons
- Stage Previews
- Stage Names
- Stage Order
- Add Stages
- Add custom logos

In the past I posted I was working on Tournament Viable Stage Previews and Icons, that's what I'm focusing on right now.
Oh, thanks!

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Ok so I've got some things I want to tell you guys
I checked how things were going on with the BPs and stuff, and I discovered some things that needed to be fixed so...

- Fixed Mario's BPs. They were bigger than the majority of the other BPs.
- Fixed Captain Falcon's BPs. They were the smallest ones.

The download link now contains the fixed BPs, which you can download freely.

Also, the video I talked about was causing me too many problems, so, instead, I decided to take some pretty snapshots that will show you guys how things are going on my end:

Ditto CSPs:

New and Fresh "Ready to fight" Bar and CSS Icons (the Brawl ones are just placeholders):

Colored SSS Icons (for Tournaments):

Tournament Viable Stage Previews:

Please opinions and feedback is greatly appreciated.

Now that I'm done with stage work (at least for now) I'll be going back to CSPs and character design. Expect more updates soon!

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
I like the Ready to Fight bar!

For the Ditto CSPs, it looks like they're still at CI4, like the images they replace. They'll look better as CMPR, or CI8 if you have enough free space. (I've got a lot of techniques for freeing up space discussed in my thread here, if you're interested, and I'd be happy to help you with them.)

Um, on that same note, please make your Ness CSP CI8. It looks too good to destroy the partially transparent parts by using CMPR...

Also, if you're interested in changing the size and positions of the CSS icons, to make it more different from the default, I've got a couple examples of doing that (in the same thread), and would be happy to let you know how I did it.

Narpas_sword

Ready to Fight bar looks great.

Will you please make a stage select with default when you release your build though? Seeing as there really isnt an 'official' stage list, i like to keep mine open to use whatever rules are at the tourney.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
I like the Ready to Fight bar!

For the Ditto CSPs, it looks like they're still at CI4, like the images they replace. They'll look better as CMPR, or CI8 if you have enough free space. (I've got a lot of techniques for freeing up space discussed in my thread here, if you're interested, and I'd be happy to help you with them.)

Um, on that same note, please make your Ness CSP CI8. It looks too good to destroy the partially transparent parts by using CMPR...

Also, if you're interested in changing the size and positions of the CSS icons, to make it more different from the default, I've got a couple examples of doing that (in the same thread), and would be happy to let you know how I did it.
I'll take into consideration the compression settings you mentioned. Space is going to be quite the issue on my final Build so finding ways to save space will be great. I have some tactics of my own, but I will definetely contact you if I'm having any troubles.

About editing the CSS, I'll leave that part for last, since finding the right sizes and also the final design for them will be difficult unless I have all character designs ready. You seem to know quite a lot about the subject so please, as soon as I finish tell me more!
Ready to Fight bar looks great.

Will you please make a stage select with default when you release your build though? Seeing as there really isnt an 'official' stage list, i like to keep mine open to use whatever rules are at the tourney.
When my build is released (hopefully) an official legal stage list will be available and I will just have to adjust my base document to what the list says and then update the Build. Right now I'm just showcasing my current vision of how the Stage Previews would look.

If by that time people still want to keep it simple, I will release an alternate download with the default icons and previews.

Also, SAMUS UPDATE TOMORROW (or today, depending on when you are reading this) I have finally decided on a pose and, though she is giving me A LOT of problems, I'm confident she will be ready by tomorrow. So get excited!

Last edited:

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
I've been having a lot of technical issues since my PC decided to stop living. I also thought that maybe my CSPs weren't that great and that I needed to improve a lot in order to stay in the game and keep delivering images others could actually enjoy.

I've tried really hard to get things working again and I'm doing my best to keep updates consistent. Also, since the year is almost close to an end, and with so many different projects at hand, I'm kind of losing my mind and have barely enough time to take care of everything.

Still, it has been quite a blast to get a chance to meet and talk to awesome people interested in my work. I appreciate your constant support and, beleive me, the sole fact of knowing that here I can find people who wait for updates, disscuss alternatives for characters or new aditions to the Build, makes me want to keep pushing forward, keep improving.

So, as promised, here's today's update!

Samus:

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ihvpxs8d4tb6tsg/AAAb646_U9HPYbxi-X5O-bV6a?dl=0

This girl sure has a wardrobe full of suits. Up until this point, and without counting Peach and Fox since they are not ready yet, she has given me the most trouble out of the entire cast. At least she is finished now, and I hope you enjoy the final result!

I can safely say that all my stuff is back in its place and I'm ready to start creating CSPs constatly again, so expect more updates soon.

megamanofnumbers

Smash Cadet
Holy sweet father of banana Jesus, that 'Ready to Fight' logo is amazing! How did you do that?

I'm serious, I'm making a professional build and would love to know how to make the logo do that.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Holy sweet father of banana Jesus, that 'Ready to Fight' logo is amazing! How did you do that?

I'm serious, I'm making a professional build and would love to know how to make the logo do that.
Editing the bar is fairly easy. You just need to use Brawl Box and delete the objects that you don't want. For example, in my Build, I'm keeping the "Ready to Fight" message and the color cycle.

The objects I erased were the yellow shiny bar, the + and start buttons that appear on screen, and... that's it.

Keep in mind that there are other values you can change, but I'm still learning myself so I don't know exactly how to do other stuff.

My next goal is to move it a bit up so the CSPs don't get blocked by the letters but overall it is working fine as of now.

Last edited:

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet
I've been having a lot of technical issues since my PC decided to stop living. I also thought that maybe my CSPs weren't that great and that I needed to improve a lot in order to stay in the game and keep delivering images others could actually enjoy.

I've tried really hard to get things working again and I'm doing my best to keep updates consistent. Also, since the year is almost close to an end, and with so many different projects at hand, I'm kind of losing my mind and have barely enough time to take care of everything.

Still, it has been quite a blast to get a chance to meet and talk to awesome people interested in my work. I appreciate your constant support and, beleive me, the sole fact of knowing that here I can find people who wait for updates, disscuss alternatives for characters or new aditions to the Build, makes me want to keep pushing forward, keep improving.

So, as promised, here's today's update!

Samus:

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ihvpxs8d4tb6tsg/AAAb646_U9HPYbxi-X5O-bV6a?dl=0

This girl sure has a wardrobe full of suits. Up until this point, and without counting Peach and Fox since they are not ready yet, she has given me the most trouble out of the entire cast. At least she is finished now, and I hope you enjoy the final result!

I can safely say that all my stuff is back in its place and I'm ready to start creating CSPs constatly again, so expect more updates soon.
SHKLDBDBDSSJKD AWESOME

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Samus looks beautiful. She's always the most difficult character for me to get right, especially with all the different suits available (the PM suits, Nano's PED suit, SJS's Dark Suit, etc), but your pose looks good. I do feel like the lower half of her body looks a bit odd, though, like maybe she shouldn't be twisted so much. It looks especially uncomfortable in her Fusion suit.

megamanofnumbers

Smash Cadet
Editing the bar is fairly easy. You just need to use Brawl Box and delete the objects that you don't want. For example, in my Build, I'm keeping the "Ready to Fight" message and the color cycle.

The objects I erased were the yellow shiny bar, the + and start buttons that appear on screen, and... that's it.

Keep in mind that there are other values you can change, but I'm still learning myself so I don't know exactly how to do other stuff.

My next goal is to move it a bit up so the CSPs don't get blocked by the letters but overall it is working fine as of now.
I'm having a bit of trouble finding the textures/models I have to delete. I know the stuff is in common5 and somewhere in MiscData[30] of sc_selcharacter_en but I can't seem to find it.

Narpas_sword

Samus looks pretty good, one of the best ive seen.

I know how hard it is to get a pose that works for all teh costumes,

I tried to make this: but my QWOPing isnt great.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
I am so hype for the Peach ones I can't even
Peach is already finished (the pose at least) I have to take care of costumes and adding the details on Photoshop before uploading her here. I'm having a bit of trouble with her face, but when that problem is solved expect her here.

I'm adding some extra elements to her CSPs (like I did with Ness) so maybe you'll like that when you see it. I hope the rest does as well!
Samus looks beautiful. She's always the most difficult character for me to get right, especially with all the different suits available (the PM suits, Nano's PED suit, SJS's Dark Suit, etc), but your pose looks good. I do feel like the lower half of her body looks a bit odd, though, like maybe she shouldn't be twisted so much. It looks especially uncomfortable in her Fusion suit.
It's weird because I didn't notice that and, at least when I was designing her, didn't consider that to be a severe problem. It's not actually the Model that looks twisted but maybe the textures. I'll have to check that but, keep in mind that I'm planning on updating poses and releasing some alternate ones in the future so maybe the "fix" for these CSPs will be a new batch that will replace them.
I'm having a bit of trouble finding the textures/models I have to delete. I know the stuff is in common5 and somewhere in MiscData[30] of sc_selcharacter_en but I can't seem to find it.
Look into the 3D Models and find the file containing the "Ready to Fight" bar. As soon as you get there, deleting the objects will be easy.
Samus looks pretty good, one of the best ive seen.

I know how hard it is to get a pose that works for all teh costumes,

I tried to make this: but my QWOPing isnt great.
Hmmm, actually, I thought of making her pose a little bit like this, except that her blaster was almost invisible and trying to position it so it could fit into the CSP margins required me to move her shoulder on a weird way thet made her look terrible. I may give it another shot in the future (for the alternate poses) since I won't have to worry about other characters, time and stuff of the sort.

Thanks for your feedback and your support. i'm glad you liked Samus. I don't know which character will come next, but expect some updates pretty soon.

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to say I was loving the Samus pose but after the whole torso thing I can't unsee it. Also, I don't know if you're still worried about similar poses with SJS like you were with Wario, but the focus on the cannon is something you both share:

Yours is still better due to added personality though.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
I wanted to say I was loving the Samus pose but after the whole torso thing I can't unsee it. Also, I don't know if you're still worried about similar poses with SJS like you were with Wario, but the focus on the cannon is something you both share:

Yours is still better due to added personality though.
Hmmmmmmmm....
Didn't want to look like I'm copying someone else. There are not many ways to make Samus' costumes fit perfectly on the CSP box, as different costumes have different properties and sizes, and using a same pose for all of them can create consistency problems. Also, making the gun point towards the camera is almost the only way to make the gun visible at all, while trying to achieve a somewhat cool pose (although almost every single Samus custom CSP has the same cliché kinda pose) even mine, since I couldn't think of a new pose that could look cool while also showing the gun in a different way. Also...
Samus is cool and calm, doesnt look back when she destroys a planet, which she does often.
she doesnt need to show you her weapon =p
Since the torso issue seems to be hindering the quality of my last CSP (and since fixing it is as bad as creating an entire pose again from scratch) I thought maybe I could use your suggestion. The result was this:

(I only made two just to show you guys and hear your thoughts)

Do you like these better? Of course, these CSPs were rushed, and the quality here may differ from the final product. Again, this is just an example. The pose stays, of course, the quality of the color and the lighting, that may vary.

Keep in mind also that the suits ARE NOT PLACED ON THE EXACT SAME SPOT.
The Fusion Suit does not have gigantic shoulders, so placing it exactly on the same spot as the Varia suit leaves a lot of blank space on the right side, and the picture looks weird. I just moved the image a bit to the right to cover more space. I'ts nothing tragic but I considered important to let you guys know about that small detail.

Ok so, let me hear your thoughts on the matter and, as always, thanks for your feedback.

PD: I already started working on the next character. Will finish it as soon as I'm done with Samus.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

That new pose looks fantastic.
I think having them in the exact same pose is what causes them to look weird.
Looks like it would work with retro and light too, well done =)

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I must say that I'm not feeling Yoshi's and Kirby's CSPs. Yoshi seems kinda sad there. Yoshi is always represented as a happy dinosaur, so showing his mouth should always be a must. And Kirby's pose is awkward and the star rod seems out of place.

The rest are fine.

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
I can understand the subtle differences for the new Samus pose (and it can probably be fixed by tinkering with the size/position when you get around to it), but that being said these are definitely a step in the right direction. I like being able to see the profile of the cannon is better than the maw of the cannon - it's a detail I wasn't expecting but it's a nice touch.

Just double checking your previous costumes too and they all look spectacular. Definitely keep going with how high def and clean everything looks, and your lighting style is one of your strongest points of appeal. I can see how Kirby might look out of character (probably because he's not smiling or something) but I assume he isn't done anyway since you are missing the red costume?

Anyway, the only critique I have is just be wary of the poses you have already used. I can kind of see how Donkey Kong and Charizard are both flexing both arms, or how Wario and Yoshi are both giving peace signs, stuff like that at similar angles. This isn't something you should have to change with what you already have, but it's something to keep in mind for the future.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
That new pose looks fantastic.
I think having them in the exact same pose is what causes them to look weird.
Looks like it would work with retro and light too, well done =)
So I guess I'll use the alternate pose as the new official pose. I'll keep the other ones up for anyone interested in downloading those instead. Thanks for the suggestion.
I must say that I'm not feeling Yoshi's and Kirby's CSPs. Yoshi seems kinda sad there. Yoshi is always represented as a happy dinosaur, so showing his mouth should always be a must. And Kirby's pose is awkward and the star rod seems out of place.

The rest are fine.
The Kirby pose was made when I was just starting the workshop, and didn't have enough experience to actually work with Kirby yet. Granted, the Star Rod and the pose seem out of place there, but I never went back and fixed that since I'm planning on remodeling Kirby completely, so expect a better Kirby set in the future.

About Yoshi, since you are the first one to mention that he looks weird (or sad) I didn't consider him to not be okay. since he is easy to model, I'll give it another shot and post the results here. Maybe that way we can agree on a better angle for him.
I can understand the subtle differences for the new Samus pose (and it can probably be fixed by tinkering with the size/position when you get around to it), but that being said these are definitely a step in the right direction. I like being able to see the profile of the cannon is better than the maw of the cannon - it's a detail I wasn't expecting but it's a nice touch.

Just double checking your previous costumes too and they all look spectacular. Definitely keep going with how high def and clean everything looks, and your lighting style is one of your strongest points of appeal. I can see how Kirby might look out of character (probably because he's not smiling or something) but I assume he isn't done anyway since you are missing the red costume?

Anyway, the only critique I have is just be wary of the poses you have already used. I can kind of see how Donkey Kong and Charizard are both flexing both arms, or how Wario and Yoshi are both giving peace signs, stuff like that at similar angles. This isn't something you should have to change with what you already have, but it's something to keep in mind for the future.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next!
About the size, I don't think that's going to fix it since the pose demands Samus to step sideways, and the Retro suit has smaller shoulders and the Fusion suit has no shoulders at all. Overall, the Retro and Fusion suit WILL have to be moved a few pixels to the right to keep the picture centered and don't leave too much blank spaces. That's the main issue with Samus CSPs: the darn size different between costumes.

Finally, about reusing poses, I plan to remake Charizard completely, and Wario is showing up his hand in the form of a W, which is a thing he does very often. Also, Yoshi shows peace signs both in his games and on Smash, so I recycled that idea for the CSPs. Both are right handed, so I instinctly used the right hand for the pose.

I'll come up with more ideas for the rest of the cast. And it looks like I have to make some repairs on older sets before I can continue, so that may take a while.

Overall, thanks for taking the time to reply and leave suggestions.

megamanofnumbers

Smash Cadet
Say, Luddoj, I'm having a bit of trouble emulating your Ready to Fight bar. I deleted the necessary objects to produce the same effect, but the logo is off center. How did you center your logo?

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Yesterday, after some debate about the future of Samus' CSPs, I showed a prototype of what could be done as an alternate pose.
Today I present you with the full product:

Samus:

The download link is still the same, and you can find it on the main post or just a few posts back. There you will be able to find CSPs, BPs and CSS Icons for both my old pose and this new one, divided on separate folders. You can even download the full set and exchange CSPs to your liking.

Also, I was testing some poses with Yoshi and I managed to redesign my older pose into something like this:

Is this pose good enough?

I will appreciate the feedback and I hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom