• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luddoj's Project M 3.5 CSP Workshop - High Quality CSPs for You! (DEFINETELY SUSPENDED)

Luddoj, these are incredible! I followed your work back when you were starting your 2 custom builds. Even then, I enjoyed the CSP's. I can't wait till these CSP's are done. They look absolutely professional! I wish these became the PM standard!

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Luddoj, these are incredible! I followed your work back when you were starting your 2 custom builds. Even then, I enjoyed the CSP's. I can't wait till these CSP's are done. They look absolutely professional! I wish these became the PM standard!
Thanks for the support man! I'm glad to hear people that have checkec my work since my past project. I'm a little sad that my previous thread did not catch as much attention at this one, but I'm happy to see that people really enjoy my work and want to see more.

About my "For Glory/For Fun" Builds, although I'm not updating the thread anymore, I stll have the intention of finishing that. Obviously, the "For Glory" version will be finished first, and I'll build the "For Fun" version based on the request people ask for here, that way we can all be happy with the final result.

Still, keep in mind that this project is on hold until I manage to finish all my character CSPs... So be patient please!

At the pace I'm going, MAYBE, I'll have all the CSPs ready by mid December. I'll try to finish everything before next year.

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
THESE CPS............. MY MY ARE THEY SEXY LAWWDD HAVE MERRRCAAYY MUCH BETTER THANT THE DULL PLAN BRAWL MODELS PM LEFT KEEEP UP DA GOOD WORK MANE !!

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
Wow these are really, really good. Looking forward to seeing what you do with Marth.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
OK GUYS SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

Since I started this Project, I have been WAY too messy. I have been uploading my stuff without carefully planning it. Many character CSP are incomplete and some of them were designed while on a rush, so the result is not as polished as it should be. Problems with colors, brightness, size, etc.

On top of that, many of you have been asking for BPs, CSS Icons and download links. I have taken all that into consideration so today I decided to step up my game and improve my content, at the cost of some things that I will be mentioning later.

I'm currently remastering my CSPs, planning to change some poses, polishing the looks, keeping things in order.
What you can expect from now on:
- Less updates daily
- More polished CSPs with a sweet HD look
- BPs, CSS Icons (both colored and regular PM) and DropBox Links for you to directly download the files!

Yeah, you just read that right. I'm going to take into consideration ALL of your suggestions and deliver better content.
The only downside will be that updates won't be as frequent. Still, if you consider you're going to receive better updates and the complete sets of images to customize your Project M, you're not losing much.

I have to take care of other things too, and with finals approaching, I'm going to be very busy studying and all that good stuff. So, just enjoy the ride, and keep sharing suggestions and comments for me to improve.

Also I'M STILL NOT TAKING REQUESTS and probably won't in quite some time, since I plan to finish my regular CSPs before moving on to user requested content. Please be patient and understand this decision.

OK! SO! After all that information, you can see a quick quality comparison between my older CSPs and the newer ones:

Sonic:
OLD VERSION:

NEW VERSION:

Pretty big difference, right?

So that's all for this update guys. Expect better quality content form now on, but understand that maybe I won't be as active as I have been. Still, thanks for all your constant support and your interest. It really makes this effort mean something.

Here you have the first two complete sets of characters:
Captain Falcon Set: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1msiojqiot1bsy6/AAA83AARYhlS7TGVYlwVNMLKa?dl=0
Sonic Set: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/46bu7enfbsdcj50/AACmVhP0M-e-la0NlxbRiTW7a?dl=0

I'll be posting the links on the main post too. So that way you won't have to search through the entire thread to find what you need.

Happy Smashing!

Last edited:

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
I really like your work, and I'll probably be using your stuff for my own build, some. Though, if there was anything to comment on, I'd say that I feel like some of the CSPs are on the small size (Falcon), but take that as my personal preference over an actual critique.

They all definitely look good, keep it up.

PS: Sonic needs Green Eyes.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
I really like your work, and I'll probably be using your stuff for my own build, some. Though, if there was anything to comment on, I'd say that I feel like some of the CSPs are on the small size (Falcon), but take that as my personal preference over an actual critique.

They all definitely look good, keep it up.

PS: Sonic needs Green Eyes.
Thanks!

About the size of the CSPs, I try not to make them so big because on the CSS they get blocked by:
- The name of the character
- The banner that appears whenever two or more people are ready to fight

For example, making Falcon bigger would make only his head and part of his torso appear on-screen, while the rest of the picture is blocked by the things I mentioned above. That's why some CSPs appear small, but when you see the game, they look perfect.

I'll take that into consideration too, so thanks for visiting and I'm glad you enjoy my work!

Oh and I didn't notice Sonic's eyes being blue. I'll fix that right now. Thanks for noticing that!

nimigoha

Smash Ace
Dude you're absolutely nuts. These are fantastic and I don't know why you haven't been inducted into the PMDT yet. PM as its own game should have its own CSPs. These should 100% be PM official.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Dude you're absolutely nuts. These are fantastic and I don't know why you haven't been inducted into the PMDT yet. PM as its own game should have its own CSPs. These should 100% be PM official.
Thanks man! I really put a lot of effort into making these, since I want to create the best content possible for the community to enjoy.

It would be awesome to one day be part of the PMDT. Let's hope that happens eventually.
Thanks again for the support and hope you enjoy the updates coming your way very soon!

Juken

Smash Ace
Do you think that you could do a CSP for the blood falcon mod for red captain falcon? I'm terrible at making renders and there's no good CSPs for it online.

Since I know brawl vault is down, I'll just puush a rar of the pac/pcs for blood falcon.
http://puu.sh/cX1oJ/33ed18815d.rar

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Do you think that you could do a CSP for the blood falcon mod for red captain falcon? I'm terrible at making renders and there's no good CSPs for it online.

Since I know brawl vault is down, I'll just puush a rar of the pac/pcs for blood falcon.
http://puu.sh/cX1oJ/33ed18815d.rar
He just said he isn't taking requests right now.
Thanks for that.
Please keep in mind that, at least for now, I'm not taking requests. I have too much stuff to take care of, so adding more things on top of that will drive me crazy.

I want to have all characters CSPs donw by the end of the year. After I'm done with that, I will start accepting custom content requested by users so I can have enough material form my "For Fun" Custom Build, which includes alternate costumes, stage textures and things like that. My first build is Tourney ready, meaning that you will be able to download it, put it in your SD and be ready to play tournament, but with a different interface.

I have some ambitious plans for the future so just please be patient and enjoy the content!

Ok so with that out of the way, here's today update:

Donkey Kong:

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s8ifpzr384fwksh/AAB10azJNbvoLFkx6nJE4GK3a?dl=0

As you may know, the link includes CSPs, BPs and CSS Icon for you to update your build right now. Probably this will be the only update for today so I'll be posting more tomorrow.

Happy Smashing!

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
i like the improvements =)

Have you got an order in mind for what characters you're doing?
To be honest, I do not. I CAN say that I'm leaving the more complex characters for later, since they require more job or have more textures to work with. Some examples are Wario and his 12 freaking costumes as well as R.O.B. because I can't seem to find a good pose for him.

The characters with less stuff on them will definetely come out first. I'm currently working on Pokémons and Yoshi, so expect some of those very soon!

Espi

Smash Journeyman
You did DK really well. Most of the DK portraits that I see suffer from overall clunkiness and not being clean. This DK is looking good. I like the way you position your portraits, it makes them more unique from others.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
You did DK really well. Most of the DK portraits that I see suffer from overall clunkiness and not being clean. This DK is looking good. I like the way you position your portraits, it makes them more unique from others.
While deciding how to model DK, I first thought about that pose after looking at his Alternate Costumes. It definetely had to be related with his fists and the whole "Boxer Theme". Also, some characters are too big, or expand too much, so I have to find a way to fit them into the CSP box without taking away the important parts of the picture. sometimes it's quite challenging, and I wasn't sure if people were going to like this design. I'm glad the final results are appreciated!

With that said, let's check today's update shall we?

Yoshi:

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6brptrv9sfj8top/AAAnzJOo8YiIxQgDxR5Xbd1Xa?dl=0

I'm actually pretty proud about this one. My last Yoshi CSP had a pose like this, but it wasn't as polished. I've learned a few new tricks that really add more quality to the images AND I'm really trying my best to get some nice poses for everybody.

Well, hope you enjoy! For next update I may have a little surprise attached... So don't forget to come back tomorrow!

TamDanny

Smash Rookie
NNID
TamDanny
OK. These. Are. AWESOME! :D
They're so well-made! You're probably better than anyone I know that makes CSPs, even CJS! Keep up the great work!
BTW Since I'm pretty much a noob to this, how did you make these CSPs? I'm clueless there...

Narpas_sword

hey bud, im just making some samus CPS's for my fusion recolours, took screenshots in brawl, whats the best way to make the images look good after that?

when i crop them they get super blurry =p

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
OK. These. Are. AWESOME! :D
They're so well-made! You're probably better than anyone I know that makes CSPs, even CJS! Keep up the great work!
BTW Since I'm pretty much a noob to this, how did you make these CSPs? I'm clueless there...
Hey! Thanks. I really don't consider myself THAT good but I really appreciate those words. I know there has to be more things I can implement to increase the quality on these, but for the time being I want to keep delivering HQ content, so here I am. If in the future I'm able to tweak my CSPs to look even better, I will DEFINETELY do it.

About your second question, the process I use is quite hard to explain and would require a lot of time for me to actually make it clear. It's pretty complex overall and uses some advance designing knowledge.

Long story short, I just retexture 3D models so they can look like their in-game counterparts and then I add effects and colors in Photoshop so I can get a good look and also make them fit into the 128x160 window, which is the CSP default size.

There are many ways you can create CSPs, this is just the way I do it and it works for me. Is it time consuming? Well, yes, of course. Even more if you consider that I do all this by myself without help. A character, from a scratch up to uploading the files, can take about 2 hours to finish, and that' not considering mistakes and stuff.

But overall, I'm enjoying working on this because I got people behind me supporting my work. I've made improvements to deliver better content, all I want in return is patience and support.

hey bud, im just making some samus CPS's for my fusion recolours, took screenshots in brawl, whats the best way to make the images look good after that?

when i crop them they get super blurry =p
After you have said snapshot, open Photoshop and cut the background by selecting and deleting stuff. Once you have your character ready, scale it down by pressing Ctrl + T and drag the corners to the middle WHILE pressing the Shift Key. Try not to scale down the image too many times, as if you continously do it the image will lose quality.

If you prefer, you can also send me the snapshots and let me take a look at them so I can see what's going on. But please, before you do that, try out what I have told you. If it doesn't work, message me back and I'll reply as soon as I can.

Last edited:

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Can you please include Battle Portrait as well?
Please check the main post. I've been including download links to all my complete characters (Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Donkey Kong & Sonic) They include CSPs, BPs and CSS Icon.

The rest of the characters will be completed later.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Hey Luddoj, I'm not sure if that has been asked yet, but when this project is complete, are you going to make it compatible with the "Addons" system included with the project m launcher?

http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-addon-system-what-it-is-and-why-you-should-use-it.378445/
It has not been asked yet and I just found out with the link you posted.
Making it compatible? I really don't know. If it's as easy as putting everything in the build in a ZIP/RAR file and let you guys download it I don't see any problem. but if it requires more technical stuff I would have to look more into that and clearly understand it before making it compatible.

Still, we have some time before this Build is complete so I will definetely plan things out. Thanks for the heads up!

Narpas_sword

After you have said snapshot, open Photoshop and cut the background by selecting and deleting stuff. Once you have your character ready, scale it down by pressing Ctrl + T and drag the corners to the middle WHILE pressing the Shift Key. Try not to scale down the image too many times, as if you continously do it the image will lose quality.

If you prefer, you can also send me the snapshots and let me take a look at them so I can see what's going on. But please, before you do that, try out what I have told you. If it doesn't work, message me back and I'll reply as soon as I can.
cheers man, i got them looking ok =)

was because i had them set to RBG so the AA was still kicking in, making everything look blurry when shrinked.

They'll suffice as placeholders till you do some sweet samus ones anyhow =p

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Man all these skilled CSP guys making things look great. I do like these a lot, Much better compared to the default posses and art style of Brawl. Good work! I like how they all keep the same pose, even if they have different costumes. Very good!

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Man all these skilled CSP guys making things look great. I do like these a lot, Much better compared to the default posses and art style of Brawl. Good work! I like how they all keep the same pose, even if they have different costumes. Very good!
Thanks man! Yeah, after seeing the characters on the same dull pose for over 6 years I got bored and decided to start creating CSPs myself. I like to create quality content, not only for me, but for the community to use. So now this is what I do and I love it!

With that said, it's time for a big announcement...

As I have been saying for quite some time, I'm going to be very busy with my Finals and with my studies, so the thread won't update at all on the following days.

This thread was opened last Saturday and the results really amaze me. Many people are checking the thread, downloading the packs, leaving their opinions and comments and supporting my work. I'm glad I can deliver quality content for you to enjoy.

Have you tested the CSPs yet? Let me know about your experience!

Since I'm going to be away for quite some time (almost a week) I will only be able to reply on the thread. However, before I leave, I want to share with you my latest CSPs and some of my stage work too. It's going to be quite a lot of content so I hope that can keep you entertained while you wait for next week.

Character Updates:

Mario:
Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yo78cx7xer7o4b9/AAD5iU2avAIPB2tbc4wLmbTpa?dl=0

Wow! So many CSPs! Why, you may ask? Because I noticed I was keeping some textures from my old Custom Build so I decided to remaster them real quick and upload them here. If you happen to have these textures as well, congratulations! You won't have to wait any longer! If you have requests though, you will have to wait...

Link:

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fkpctipjpeyyvan/AACFDZJvGOGOrui-_SFCoaIGa?dl=0

Sorry about no custom content for Link. don't worry as he will have many more costumes added later. What has changed? Changed the lighting, gave him a bit more color, moved the angle a bit and made the image a little bigger.

Ness:
Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3832dd8bw9gajv8/AAClBzefZ6iUrNpLpJq8YFaja?dl=0

The only added costume is Ninten, since I had the texture available. I also added some color to Ness to make him look a bit more 3D.

BONUS 1:

Ditto (Random Character)

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m0bpcuc1rnuf786/AAAx_JbTPs5sA3AT2vqgeiJfa?dl=0

NOT MY MODELS But I did the recolors since only the default color was available. Every color goes to one of the Players or CPU:
Red - P1
Blue - P2
Yellow - P3
Green - P4
Original - CPU

BONUS 2:

Tournament Ready Stage Previews & Icons (In the works)

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2mnxfrm3gvj2n3q/AACjH7AFiFzpmILlaMpTLKAea?dl=0

I've been working on Custom SSS pictures for every stage on the new Version 3.5. The link will let you download my complete pack of Stage Previews (Big Pictures) but only Stage Icons for the new or remastered Stages (Summit, Dreamland HD, Crystal Cavern HD, Hanenbow & Hyrule Castle HD)

Soon enough I will be working on the rest of the icons for the missing stages. However, the previews are all complete so you can enjoy them right now.

SO...
This was quite the update wasn't it? Three complete characters and two bonuses? Wow...

So I hope you enjoy the content uploaded until now. As I stated before, won't be able to upload more content, but I will still be able to reply to your comments, suggestions or doubts. So don't forget to visit periodically and tell me more about your experiences. Wanna say thanks? Please do! I appreciate the encourgament.

I'll be back as soon as I finish my exams. That will be next week.

So until then, happy Smashing!

Last edited:

nimigoha

Smash Ace
This is unreal man.

I feel like a **** for saying it because you're doing this in your free time to share with the community, but the stage legality picture text is very 3.02.

I think that juxtaposed with the new 3.5 text it's going to look off. In 3.02 it would be fine but they've moved on to a new text that I think looks a lot cleaner.

Sorry for being an a-hole.

Last edited:

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Awesome man, good luck with the exams =)
Thanks! I'm working hard about that. That way I won't have to worry about other things and will be able to focus entirely on the Workshop and on the development of my Custom Build of sorts.

This is unreal man.

I feel like a **** for saying it because you're doing this in your free time to share with the community, but the stage legality picture text is very 3.02.

I think that juxtaposed with the new 3.5 text it's going to look off. In 3.02 it would be fine but they've moved on to a new text that I think looks a lot cleaner.

Sorry for being an a-hole.
I appreciate the feedback, and don't worry, everyone have different opinions.

Personally [I prefer the air...] I don't really like the new interface. The new font looks too basic. It looks like a default font that you could find on Word. I really like the old font because, for me, its part of the escence of PM. I really like the new color (purple is my favorite color) and the new menu animations, but that's it. Fonts, and the SSS looks weird to me.

I could create another set of Stage Previews with the new Project M 3.5 font... but I don't have the slightest idea of where to find it. If you, or anyone, is able to discover which one it is, and maybe even post the download link, I'll be working on that as soon as possible.

Still, I hope you're enjoying the CSPs and please, remember that things can change over time and nothing is definitive. I'll try to create better content for the future. After all, I'm creating this project to please the community and give you guys something you can all enjoy so your feedback is crucial.

Thanks again for sharing opinions. Until next time!

Last edited:

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
I could create another set of Stage Previews with the new Project M 3.5 font... but I don't have the slightest idea of where to find it. If you, or anyone, is able to discover which one it is, and maybe even post the download link, I'll be working on that as soon as possible.
The font for the stage select screen names is called Genuine. You can download it here: http://www.azfonts.net/load_font/genuine.html

I've tried out the font myself for replacing a few stages in my custom build, but I had to do some Photoshopping to get the font to match how the PMDT designed the names. Here's an example of one I made:

It's not one-to-one, since it's slightly off in regards to font size and spacing, but close enough for my personal needs.

EDIT: Just realized you want to use the font on the actual stage preview images rather than the stage names, but it could still be useful for anyone who wants to use it for stage names as well :D

Last edited:

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
The font for the stage select screen names is called Genuine. You can download it here: http://www.azfonts.net/load_font/genuine.html

I've tried out the font myself for replacing a few stages in my custom build, but I had to do some Photoshopping to get the font to match how the PMDT designed the names. Here's an example of one I made:

It's not one-to-one, since it's slightly off in regards to font size and spacing, but close enough for my personal needs.

EDIT: Just realized you want to use the font on the actual stage preview images rather than the stage names, but it could still be useful for anyone who wants to use it for stage names as well :D
Amazing. I'm downloading it right now and I'm going to work on the images as soon asI'm free from University.

I DO plan to use them for the Preview Images, however, I will upload a few samples first, because if people don't like the idea, then I won't go through all the trouble of making a whole set that nobody is going to use.

It will be helpful to keep this font lying around anyway, and you're right, maybe others who want to name their Custom Stages and want their builds to look as "official" as possible will find this very useful.

Thanks man!

nimigoha

Smash Ace
Amazing. I'm downloading it right now and I'm going to work on the images as soon asI'm free from University.

I DO plan to use them for the Preview Images, however, I will upload a few samples first, because if people don't like the idea, then I won't go through all the trouble of making a whole set that nobody is going to use.

It will be helpful to keep this font lying around anyway, and you're right, maybe others who want to name their Custom Stages and want their builds to look as "official" as possible will find this very useful.

Thanks man!
Dude you're the freaking man. Thanks so much for this.

What's your plan on naming though? Different places have different stagelists, are you planning on dumping banned, counterpick, and starter versions of each possibly competitive stage?

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Dude you're the freaking man. Thanks so much for this.

What's your plan on naming though? Different places have different stagelists, are you planning on dumping banned, counterpick, and starter versions of each possibly competitive stage?
Probably yes... Unless a definitive Stage List is detemined by the time I finish my exams and return to editing.

Working on different versions of a single Stage Preview wouldn't be a problem. It can be done in no time actually, once you have the correct settings.

However as stated before, I'm going to release a few test pictures just to see if people actually like it. If not, then I'll be keeping the 3.2 font, or whatever font we can agree on.

Last edited:

nimigoha

Smash Ace
Is there any chance you could photoshop the picture into a picture of the SSS so we see what it looks like in its proper surroundings? That would probably show some perspective.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Is there any chance you could photoshop the picture into a picture of the SSS so we see what it looks like in its proper surroundings? That would probably show some perspective.
I'll do that, with both fonts. With a little perspective maybe we can decide on which of them looks better.
Is it Just me or Brawl Vault is Workin? o.O :)
Brawl Vault is working again, still, the site is running a bit slow. It's recovering from its great crash after PM 3.5 was released. You can check textures and stuff normally, just be patient.
btw i dont kno if this is a Noob Question but how do u Put on CSPS to ur Build ? o.O
Well, there are many ways, actually. Many people use Brawl Costume Manager, which you can download easily. Just use Google. The other way (which requires a little more work but is definetely the most efficient way to change CSPs) is by opening your common5.pac file with Brawl Box, find the character you want to replace and the replace the pictures.

My exams are almost over (monday is the last day) so I will return to creating CSPs by Tuesday. Expect updates starting Wednesday! I'll be back to my regular work. Thanks for the patience and for the support up to this point.

Top Bottom