• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luddoj's Project M 3.5 CSP Workshop - High Quality CSPs for You! (DEFINETELY SUSPENDED)

Narpas_sword

Yesterday, after some debate about the future of Samus' CSPs, I showed a prototype of what could be done as an alternate pose.
Today I present you with the full product:.
So good!

I wish i was home to stick them on my build.

Cant wait till you start taking requests, i've recoloured the fusion suit to make the other 3 (Varia, gravity, Omega) =p

Also, are you going to be making CSP's with the smash3 textures?

Last edited:

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Good job Luddoj! Looking at Samus and I think the pixel difference is barely noticeable, so you should be good there. I like the new Yoshi pose too! I think this system of showing a prototype can help save you from doing too many redos if you're going to keep doing that - it'll probably depend whether you prioritize the feedback about the poses vs. the surprise factor of completing a set, so it's up to you.

Also, I think if your poses are based on references to their original games then having similar poses should hopefully be less of an issue. The new Yoshi pose shows that by changing the angles you can make the same type of pose look different, and again, multiple characters with the same pose isn't that big of a deal as long as you aren't gratuitous with it. I wouldn't want to make you have to do the Charizard one over again (I mean it looks like the most badass pose of any Charizard CSP I've ever seen) unless you really want to.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
So good!

I wish i was home to stick them on my build.

Cant wait till you start taking requests, i've recoloured the fusion suit to make the other 3 (Varia, gravity, Omega) =p

Also, are you going to be making CSP's with the smash3 textures?
Well, if people start requesting that, why not? Adding costumes once the main ones are all ready and uploaded will be a million times easier and faster than creating everything from scratch, so I'll be happy to deliver.
Both Samus and Yoshi are way better like that. Keep up the good work!
Good job Luddoj! Looking at Samus and I think the pixel difference is barely noticeable, so you should be good there. I like the new Yoshi pose too! I think this system of showing a prototype can help save you from doing too many redos if you're going to keep doing that - it'll probably depend whether you prioritize the feedback about the poses vs. the surprise factor of completing a set, so it's up to you.

Also, I think if your poses are based on references to their original games then having similar poses should hopefully be less of an issue. The new Yoshi pose shows that by changing the angles you can make the same type of pose look different, and again, multiple characters with the same pose isn't that big of a deal as long as you aren't gratuitous with it. I wouldn't want to make you have to do the Charizard one over again (I mean it looks like the most badass pose of any Charizard CSP I've ever seen) unless you really want to.
Since I had already finished with both Yoshi and Samus, the idea of remaking them started as soon as I read your replies and your comments stating that Samus wasn't looking that good, as well as Yoshi, who seemed too bland and basic. I knew that I could bring something new and improved to the table. However, I was not ready to start modelling a character just to receive a negative response. Doing these actually takes quite some time, and wasting all that time for nothing doesn't feel good at all. The prototype lets me know if I'm going in the right track and that the final product will be well received. It's better than starting an alternate pose completely blind and not getting anywhere.

The surprise factor will still be there, since the new characters that I have yet to model will appear without me telling you beforehand. That was the original idea and will keep like that until the end.

The Yoshi pose actually showed me the potential of different camera angles and lighting settings, and how they can create an entire, different, better product. Comparing my old Yoshi with the new one, it blows my mind how different a character can look under slightly different circumstances. I'll use that knowledge for my future CSPs.

And Charizard, after all, I decided not to remake him since I think the pose actually looks cool. I still changed the lights and added some vibrance to the CSPs to make them look WAY better than the originals. I also made an alternate just for the Armored one. I'll be presenting that as soon as I upload Charizard's definitive version.

Finally, I present you the new Yoshi pose on every costume:

Yoshi:

As with Samus, the download link will be on the main post, and both poses will be available for anybody to use, separated by folders. The contents, as always, will be CSPs, BPs and the CSS Icon.

See you guys on the next update.

megamanofnumbers

Smash Cadet
Well, if people start requesting that, why not? Adding costumes once the main ones are all ready and uploaded will be a million times easier and faster than creating everything from scratch, so I'll be happy to deliver.

Since I had already finished with both Yoshi and Samus, the idea of remaking them started as soon as I read your replies and your comments stating that Samus wasn't looking that good, as well as Yoshi, who seemed too bland and basic. I knew that I could bring something new and improved to the table. However, I was not ready to start modelling a character just to receive a negative response. Doing these actually takes quite some time, and wasting all that time for nothing doesn't feel good at all. The prototype lets me know if I'm going in the right track and that the final product will be well received. It's better than starting an alternate pose completely blind and not getting anywhere.

The surprise factor will still be there, since the new characters that I have yet to model will appear without me telling you beforehand. That was the original idea and will keep like that until the end.

The Yoshi pose actually showed me the potential of different camera angles and lighting settings, and how they can create an entire, different, better product. Comparing my old Yoshi with the new one, it blows my mind how different a character can look under slightly different circumstances. I'll use that knowledge for my future CSPs.

And Charizard, after all, I decided not to remake him since I think the pose actually looks cool. I still changed the lights and added some vibrance to the CSPs to make them look WAY better than the originals. I also made an alternate just for the Armored one. I'll be presenting that as soon as I upload Charizard's definitive version.

Finally, I present you the new Yoshi pose on every costume:

Yoshi:

As with Samus, the download link will be on the main post, and both poses will be available for anybody to use, separated by folders. The contents, as always, will be CSPs, BPs and the CSS Icon.

See you guys on the next update.
It's stick waving time. I managed to delete the objects needed to emulate your READY TO FIGHT logo but it appears to be off center. How did you manage center it?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Good god, this is beautiful. <3

I was looking for something to replace SJSs CSPs since he doesn't seem to plan on doing anything for 3.5 and this is definitely what I was looking for. Absolutely fantastic! :D

I can't wait until you're completely done. Keep up the amazing work. (:

Edit: I scrolled a bit on the topic list. I'm blind. XD

Still, loving this stuff and I wanna see more. ¦D

Last edited:

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
It's stick waving time. I managed to delete the objects needed to emulate your READY TO FIGHT logo but it appears to be off center. How did you manage center it?
Just get into the Brawl Box model editor and change the Translation to the one you desire. You can move the X and Y axis freely, just make sure to don't go over the screen limit.
Good god, this is beautiful. <3

I was looking for something to replace SJSs CSPs since he doesn't seem to plan on doing anything for 3.5 and this is definitely what I was looking for. Absolutely fantastic! :D

I can't wait until you're completely done. Keep up the amazing work. (:

Edit: I scrolled a bit on the topic list. I'm blind. XD

Still, loving this stuff and I wanna see more. ¦D
Well thanks for that! I'm really devoting myself to this project and I'm trying to deliver content you can all enjoy, whle listening to your opinions and the feedback, which definetely help me improve day by day.

You'll be definetely be seeing more. As now I have more time to dedicate to model creation and stuff of the sort, I plan to keep posting daily updates and listening to your opinions as the day goes on.

Speaking of daily updates...

Diddy Kong

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cn5e2f9h6y921xs/AADT-utcnFSw8MwA07AAm5KCa?dl=0

I hope you like it and, as always, see you on the next update.

Narpas_sword

@ Luddoj Luddoj
Now that you're making more definite packs for each character, would you be able to chuck another folder in your Dropbox with something like 'build so far'

and have all the folders and files in the right place so lazy people (e.g. me) can just copy the new update over our sd card? =)

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet
@ Luddoj Luddoj
Now that you're making more definite packs for each character, would you be able to chuck another folder in your Dropbox with something like 'build so far'

and have all the folders and files in the right place so lazy people (e.g. me) can just copy the new update over our sd card? =)
I had the same idea earlier today x) You could also use Brawl Costume Manager (thanks Luddoj!) to place the files correctly and easily.

4tlas

Smash Lord
I'm cautious about using the costume manager. Some of the models and portraits don't match, and I can't tell if its the costume manager screwing up or if I'm just supposed to ignore one of them. Unfortunately, I have noticed no pattern to help me figure out if its the models or the portraits I should ignore.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
@ Luddoj Luddoj

I had the same idea earlier today x) You could also use Brawl Costume Manager (thanks Luddoj!) to place the files correctly and easily.
I'm afraid I can't do that. Updating the Build with CSPs every single time I finish a new model would take more time.
Yeah, sure, Costume Manager allows me to change the costumes by dragging pictures, but it only works for slots validated by the program. There are many costumes (like SNES Falcon) that do not appear on the program and changing them would require me to edit them directly from the source with Brawl Box. You also have to count the fact that some Result Portraits and BPs are not in the official PM download and stuff of the sort. That is something I'm planning to do, but once the entire Build is ready.

Please keep in mind that in the begining I was only uploading pictures and posting them directly here. Then people asked for Download Links to make things easier, and I did. Then people asked for BPs and CSS to make complete sets, and though I knew that agreeing to do that would take more time, I did it in a way to show my gratitude for your support and your understanding.

It's already pretty hard to take care of all this stuff by myself. I have to take care of other things apart from Smash. Don't get me wrong, I hate to say no and if I sound like I'm complaining, I'm really not. All I ask for is patience. Patience to wait till I have more free time and have completed more characters so you can ask requests. Patience to wait until I have finished with all the characters and you can simply download the build and have everything all set for you just to play.

I'm happy that I can update the thread daily with new character sets, and I plan to keep that trend going. Please bear with me.
I'm cautious about using the costume manager. Some of the models and portraits don't match, and I can't tell if its the costume manager screwing up or if I'm just supposed to ignore one of them. Unfortunately, I have noticed no pattern to help me figure out if its the models or the portraits I should ignore.
You can use the Costume Manager to export character textures that are out of place (for example Sonic and Pokemon's textures) and easily rearrange them using the same program.

I always guide myself by the stock icon, since it's pretty much the only thing that won't lie to you. Also keep in mind that some BPs and Result Portraits are NOT in the official PM download, so you will have to manually include them in your Build.

Narpas_sword

yea, i have this problem, and then things dont always save, so i feel like i have to hit save with each picture i replace. i'm much faster doing it manually.

even faster having somone else do it for me =p

im assuming that luddoj has his already in the correct files.

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet
yea, i have this problem, and then things dont always save, so i feel like i have to hit save with each picture i replace. i'm much faster doing it manually.

even faster having somone else do it for me =p

im assuming that luddoj has his already in the correct files.
Well, I spent all of my day editing the CSPs and stuff manually, and so I wouldn't have to do it all again, I made a "build" that only inlcudes CSPs (Excluding Ditto), BPs and Result Screen Portraits. If you want it, I'll try to find a way to give you a download link so you can have it effortlessly =P

Last edited:

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
OK SO

I've been working on my Pokemanz lately. Expect Jiggly to appear last since modelling her is quite the task and I'm still deciding which pose to use.

For now, I'll leave you with this guy:

Lucario:

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6xweilcj7hqlsh1/AADJnAqXjaKBOGCzvasHu8POa?dl=0

Also I was thinking...
Since I lost all my previous files and poses and all that good stuff, and now I don't have a way to create requested content or even remaster some characters (Ness, Mario, Captain Falcon, etc.) I thought that maybe I should remake them and give them new, fresh, more polished poses. That and also Wario could change his stance since I think that everyone is already using the "W" hand sign thingy in their CSPs. I'll try to be original, I promise.

You will still receive your share of new characters as well.
Let me hear what you think.

Last edited:

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet
OK SO

I've been working on my Pokemanz lately. Expect Jiggly to appear last since modelling her is quite the task and I'm still deciding which pose to use.

For now, I'll leave you with this guy:

Lucario:

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6xweilcj7hqlsh1/AADJnAqXjaKBOGCzvasHu8POa?dl=0

Also I was thinking...
Since I lost all my previous files and poses and all that good stuff, and now I don't have a way to create requested content or even remaster some characters (Ness, Mario, Captain Falcon, etc.) I thought that maybe I should remake them and give them new, fresh, more polished poses. That and also Wario could change his stance since I think that everyone is already using the "W" hand sign thingy in their CSPs. I'll try to be original, I promise.

You will still receive your share of new characters as well.
Let me hear what you think.
HOW IN THE WORLD is it possible to do 2 so high-quality CSPs in one day :O About Jiggly, I'm waiting to see what pose will you make =P And if you're remastering the old ones, that's cool! And I'm SOOO WAITING FOR A MARTH OR ROY ONE :D

Last edited:

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
HOW IN THE WORLD is it possible to do 2 so high-quality CSPs in one day :O About Jiggly, I'm waiting to see what pose will you make =P And if you're remastering the old ones, that's cool! And I'm SOOO WAITING FOR A MARTH OR ROY ONE :D
I had a base model of Lucario and I had been working on him for some days already. I just got back home and thought that it would be a good idea to update the thread with him since he's basically ready. Why make you wait when you can have updates early? :laugh:

I thought it would be a good idea to remaster the old ones. Maybe I'll start tomorrow with those.

About the Fire Emblem cast, I should probably start creating poses for those guys. Have never worked on them before so it will surely be a new experience. I hope the final results are well received. I'll definitely put a lot of effort into creating something great. I think I'm going to start with Marth, and once I get the hang of it, will model Roy immediately after.

Expect remasters tomorrow and new characters as soon as they are ready.

lLeandrus

Smash Rookie
Let me start by saying that your work is amazing. I can't wait to see the full roster :grin:

Now, nooby question incoming.

In some characters (For example: Mario) there are some alternate colors that are not in the original game, by downloading these files, I'm downloading the skins as well?

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Let me start by saying that your work is amazing. I can't wait to see the full roster :grin:

Now, nooby question incoming.

In some characters (For example: Mario) there are some alternate colors that are not in the original game, by downloading these files, I'm downloading the skins as well?
Thanks! I'm glad you like it! I'm going at a fast pace, at least for now, so I plan to cover at least half the roster by the end of the year. At this pace I might even finish 3/4 of it by that time.

Ok, about your question, unfortunately, no. You only download the images that show you which costume you are about to pick, not the actual character textures. If you are interested in a certain texture that I have covered in my build, you can download them freely from a site called Brawl Vault:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/

Click the link and you will be redirected to the vault.
There are many things you will find there: character and stage textures, music, sound effects, etc. It's the primary source for Brawl/PM modding. In there you will find all the costumes I have based my CSPs on.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
About the Fire Emblem cast, I should probably start creating poses for those guys. Have never worked on them before so it will surely be a new experience. I hope the final results are well received. I'll definitely put a lot of effort into creating something great. I think I'm going to start with Marth, and once I get the hang of it, will model Roy immediately after.
I think a good pose for Marth would be this one.
I don't think I've ever seen it done, other than by myself, as seen in my avatar... But I accidentally did it by editing his t-pose, and couldn't figure out a way to separate that into a separate animation, so I was only ever able to use it with this specific model.
And I imagine you'd do the pose a lot more justice, anyway!
Just a suggestion, feel free to ignore if you've got a better idea.

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet
I had a base model of Lucario and I had been working on him for some days already. I just got back home and thought that it would be a good idea to update the thread with him since he's basically ready. Why make you wait when you can have updates early? :laugh:

I thought it would be a good idea to remaster the old ones. Maybe I'll start tomorrow with those.

Expect remasters tomorrow and new characters as soon as they are ready.
That's good news! :D

EDIT : Speaking of Marth Poses and CSPs, I made this last week and I want to know what do I have to improve. If you could help me, it'd be much appreciated!

Last edited:

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
I think a good pose for Marth would be this one.
I don't think I've ever seen it done, other than by myself, as seen in my avatar... But I accidentally did it by editing his t-pose, and couldn't figure out a way to separate that into a separate animation, so I was only ever able to use it with this specific model.
And I imagine you'd do the pose a lot more justice, anyway!
Just a suggestion, feel free to ignore if you've got a better idea.
Problem with that pose is that it's extremely horizontal. much of the CSP wouldn't fit on the CSP box, or for it to work I would have to make the CSP extremely small. It would be way different than the rest of the bunch. I'll consider doing it as an alternate pose for the future, but at least for now I think I'll continue with my current pose. As stated before, it's my first time modelling Fire Emblem dudes, and I think it's actually going pretty well.
That's good news! :D

EDIT : Speaking of Marth Poses and CSPs, I made this last week and I want to know what do I have to improve. If you could help me, it'd be much appreciated!

If you want some appreciation, I think the base is pretty good. You can try to model his body in a different postion, that might give you more options to showcase other poses. Also, the way his hand holds the sword feels weird, like they are on different parts of the 3D space. The stance it's good as well. Maybe you could try a different lighting source to achieve a better contrast. Oh, and just a personal preference and opinion: I don't like when stuff gets cut out from the top. I can understand things not fitting entirely on the CSP box, but I prefer to cut them out from the sides or from the bottom. Cutting them from the top, in my opinion, makes them look kinda incomplete.

Overall, you can try different poses, you can even make him not hold his sword at all and achieve something great. Just go around with what you like. Also, please take my words only as friendly recommendations, not commands or orders. I'm not the grandmaster of CSP creation, and I had to start somewhere as well. I had to learn and improve a lot since I started creating CSPs, and I know it's hard, but, on the longrun, the more you try to innovate the better it will be. And if you manage to improve with your own style, even better.

You'll see my Marth CSPs soon. I'm already halfway done with them. I still have to polish some things up before actually releasing them, but I hope you like the final results.

Last edited:

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet
Problem with that pose is that it's extremely horizontal. much of the CSP wouldn't fit on the CSP box, or for it to work I would have to make the CSP extremely small. It would be way different than the rest of the bunch. I'll consider doing it as an alternate pose for the future, but at least for now I think I'll continue with my current pose. As stated before, it's my first time modelling Fire Emblem dudes, and I think it's actually going pretty well.

If you want some appreciation, I think the base is pretty good. You can try to model his body in a different postion, that might give you more options to showcase other poses. Also, the way his hand holds the sword feels weird, like they are on different parts of the 3D space. The stance it's good as well. Maybe you could try a different lighting source to achieve a better contrast. Oh, and just a personal preference and opinion: I don't like when stuff gets cut out from the top. I can understand things not fitting entirely on the CSP box, but I prefer to cut them out from the sides or from the bottom. Cutting them from the top, in my opinion, makes them look kinda incomplete.

Overall, you can try different poses, you can even make him not hold his sword at all and achieve something great. Just go around with what you like. Also, please take my words only as friendly recommendations, not commands or orders. I'm not the grandmaster of CSP creation, and I had to start somewhere as well. I had to learn and improve a lot since I started creating CSPs, and I know it's hard, but, on the longrun, the more you try to innovate the better it will be. And if you manage to improve with your own style, even better.

You'll see my Marth CSPs soon. I'm already halfway done with them. I still have to polish some things up before actually releasing them, but I hope you like the final results.
Thanks! I see what you mean by how he holds his sword, I didn't see it when doing the pose, I'll fix that. About the lighting, I'll have to experiment a bit more to see what works better, because I only tried to light up his front. For the sword, that's true, but I wanted to showcase the sword, so it was a bit hard not cutting it. I also thought about making him not hold his sword, but then finding a pose was way harder, because there aren't much times where Marth doesn't hold his sword, so I didn't have a lot of pictures for inspiration. I'll try to improve and get experience!

Oh and... you're halfway done with your Marth CSPs?! You weren't even started with them yesterday night O.o I'm eager to see the final product!

nimigoha

Smash Ace
You're such a legend man. The quality of these is unreal and you accepting community feedback changes the whole tone of the project, it's amazing.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Thanks! I see what you mean by how he holds his sword, I didn't see it when doing the pose, I'll fix that. About the lighting, I'll have to experiment a bit more to see what works better, because I only tried to light up his front. For the sword, that's true, but I wanted to showcase the sword, so it was a bit hard not cutting it. I also thought about making him not hold his sword, but then finding a pose was way harder, because there aren't much times where Marth doesn't hold his sword, so I didn't have a lot of pictures for inspiration. I'll try to improve and get experience!

Oh and... you're halfway done with your Marth CSPs?! You weren't even started with them yesterday night O.o I'm eager to see the final product!
Whenever I work on poses for characters, I try to model as many as I can in a pre established time, even if the final result is not good enough. I do this because that way I can tackle many different characters at the same time and work on them individually on an especific day. Since yesterday I had an extra hour to spend on character modelling, I chose Marth. It certainly isn't easy to work with his new costumes, and the guy is giving me more problems than Samus, but I already have his pose. The only thing missing is creating the actual CSPs. I'll work on him on a later date, since, as stated above, I'm having a bit of trouble working on his new costumes.

The other option is to upload the regular Marth CSPs and Download Link and add the Alternate costumes later to complete the set. Is up to public choice. So you guys decide whether you want Marth now or you can wait a bit longer for the complete set.

As stated before, I'm also remastering my older CSPs to give them new, fresh poses. Just as a sidenote, and for all of you who didn't know, my PC exploded and all my old files, models and CSPs died as well. So, I don't have resources to create more CSPs based on user requested contents. That's basically the main reason why I'm trying to do this. Also, it will be a good opportunity to have improved content, since I consider that my current CSPs are WAY better than when I started.

And for the Pikachu fans, I have his pose finished already, but I'm having technical difficulties with his new Alternate Costume, the one with Red's Hat. I'll try to fix that problem and Marth's as well as soon as I can. Until then, I'll have to work on other characters and focus on remasters.
You're such a legend man. The quality of these is unreal and you accepting community feedback changes the whole tone of the project, it's amazing.
I really consider that the feedback you guys can give is really important for the developement of the project. I work for the community and I'm also trying to create content that anybody can enjoy. Sometimes I need a little burst of creativity or a little push to keep creating high quality content, and with your help that task becomes easier.

I'm glad people are enjoying my work and it makes me happy to see so many new faces popping up on the thread, leaving replies, saying thanks, praising my work, making suggestions, etc. That means that the project is going in the right directions and it's catching the attention of more and more people. That was the idea form the start, and seeing this project spreading throughout the community day by day really excites me and keeps me motivated. Just what I need!

Despite not having any new characters for you today, I present you the remastered, polished, and complete Charizard set.

Charizard:

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tgewr9od69dmxxb/AABhwhdm99SoThqwFd7btJLSa?dl=0

The pose is still the same, but the lighting is way different, as well as the color balance and the size. I noticed my previous Charizard CSPs were too bright, and didn't look good. I wasn't happy with those, but uploaded them anyway, just as a test, and people loved them. I thought why fix what isn't broken? So I just went with the same pose and changed some settings to achieve a better quality and feel .I'm really happy with the final result.

I have also finished Wario and Lucas' remastered pose, but that I will pose at a later date. I want to focus on new characters and release the remastered versions as bonus updates for each day. That's my current plan.

Oh yeah and one more thing! I have time to create and edit CSPs, but I haven0t got time to actually put them inside the game. So, for all of you guys out there who really loved my work and that have already replaced EVERY SINGLE CSP on your current build with my CSPs, it would really be great if you guys could share with me your common5.pac files, as well as your info>portrite and menu>common folders, since that will speed up the process of constructing my custom build and releasing it to the public. Please make sure that everything is working correctly and that your game isn't crashing if you wish to help.

As a sidenote, keep in mind that my build also includes:
- Custom Music
- Custom Menus (hopefully, will be working on those when I finish character design)
- Custom SSS Icons and Preview (Tournament Ready and Vanilla)
- New Improved "Ready to Fight" bar that won't block your CSPs
- Other neat stuff that I will figure how to add later (still thinking)

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to update everyone on how things are going and what you can expect for the future. This is probably my biggest project and also the one that has caught more attention. There is a lot of stuff to take care about and want to keep things organized before I lose my mind.

Ok, so, thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks for visiting the thread and supporting my work. Please, I would really appreciate if you could spread the word, let more people know that this project is trying to create a better and complete Project M experience.

That's all for now. See you on the next update.

Last edited:

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet
Whenever I work on poses for characters, I try to model as many as I can in a pre established time, even if the final result is not good enough. I do this because that way I can tackle many different characters at the same time and work on them individually on an especific day. Since yesterday I had an extra hour to spend on character modelling, I chose Marth. It certainly isn't easy to work with his new costumes, and the guy is giving me more problems than Samus, but I already have his pose. The only thing missing is creating the actual CSPs. I'll work on him on a later date, since, as stated above, I'm having a bit of trouble working on his new costumes.

The other option is to upload the regular Marth CSPs and Download Link and add the Alternate costumes later to complete the set. Is up to public choice. So you guys decide whether you want Marth now or you can wait a bit longer for the complete set.

As stated before, I'm also remastering my older CSPs to give them new, fresh poses. Just as a sidenote, and for all of you who didn't know, my PC exploded and all my old files, models and CSPs died as well. So, I don't have resources to create more CSPs based on user requested contents. That's basically the main reason why I'm trying to do this. Also, it will be a good opportunity to have improved content, since I consider that my current CSPs are WAY better than when I started.

And for the Pikachu fans, I have his pose finished already, but I'm having technical difficulties with his new Alternate Costume, the one with Red's Hat. I'll try to fix that problem and Marth's as well as soon as I can. Until then, I'll have to work on other characters and focus on remasters.

I really consider that the feedback you guys can give is really important for the developement of the project. I work for the community and I'm also trying to create content that anybody can enjoy. Sometimes I need a little burst of creativity or a little push to keep creating high quality content, and with your help that task becomes easier.

I'm glad people are enjoying my work and it makes me happy to see so many new faces popping up on the thread, leaving replies, saying thanks, praising my work, making suggestions, etc. That means that the project is going in the right directions and it's catching the attention of more and more people. That was the idea form the start, and seeing this project spreading throughout the community day by day really excites me and keeps me motivated. Just what I need!

Despite not having any new characters for you today, I present you the remastered, polished, and complete Charizard set.

Charizard:

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tgewr9od69dmxxb/AABhwhdm99SoThqwFd7btJLSa?dl=0

The pose is still the same, but the lighting is way different, as well as the color balance and the size. I noticed my previous Charizard CSPs were too bright, and didn't look good. I wasn't happy with those, but uploaded them anyway, just as a test, and people loved them. I thought why fix what isn't broken? So I just went with the same pose and changed some settings to achieve a better quality and feel .I'm really happy with the final result.

I have also finished Wario and Lucas' remastered pose, but that I will pose at a later date. I want to focus on new characters and release the remastered versions as bonus updates for each day. That's my current plan.

Oh yeah and one more thing! I have time to create and edit CSPs, but I haven0t got time to actually put them inside the game. So, for all of you guys out there who really loved my work and that have already replaced EVERY SINGLE CSP on your current build with my CSPs, it would really be great if you guys could share with me your common5.pac files, as well as your info>portrite and menu>common folders, since that will speed up the process of constructing my custom build and releasing it to the public. Please make sure that everything is working correctly and that your game isn't crashing if you wish to help.

As a sidenote, keep in mind that my build also includes:
- Custom Music
- Custom Menus (hopefully, will be working on those when I finish character design)
- Custom SSS Icons and Preview (Tournament Ready and Vanilla)
- New Improved "Ready to Fight" bar that won't block your CSPs
- Other neat stuff that I will figure how to add later (still thinking)

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to update everyone on how things are going and what you can expect for the future. This is probably my biggest project and also the one that has caught more attention. There is a lot of stuff to take care about and want to keep things organized before I lose my mind.

Ok, so, thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks for visiting the thread and supporting my work. Please, I would really appreciate if you could spread the word, let more people know that this project is trying to create a better and complete Project M experience.

That's all for now. See you on the next update.
Well, take your time! Also, I was wondering, how do you make your CSPs? Do you simply move bones in BrawlBox, save the pose, move the camera, save the camera settings, change the lighting, take a screenshot and edit it in photoshop or do you have a better way of making these CSPs of yours?

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I can put everything on the common5.pac and other files tonight, along with the other stuff we've messaged about earlier lol

EDIT: Pretty much done, but I can't find the location for the CSPs for Random...I'll prob post the file before I go to bed without them if nobody knows where to place them. @ Luddoj Luddoj do you want me to pm to you or can I post it straight here?

Last edited:

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet
I can put everything on the common5.pac and other files tonight, along with the other stuff we've messaged about earlier lol

EDIT: Pretty much done, but I can't find the location for the CSPs for Random...I'll prob post the file before I go to bed without them if nobody knows where to place them. @ Luddoj Luddoj do you want me to pm to you or can I post it straight here?
In common5, go into sc_selcharacter_en, MiscData[30], Textures, and search for MenSelchrFaceB.501, MenSelchrFaceB.502, MenSelchrFaceB.503, MenSelchrFaceB.504 and MenSelchrFaceB.505. These should be the CSPs for random.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
In common5, go into sc_selcharacter_en, MiscData[30], Textures, and search for MenSelchrFaceB.501, MenSelchrFaceB.502, MenSelchrFaceB.503, MenSelchrFaceB.504 and MenSelchrFaceB.505. These should be the CSPs for random.
Thanks. And with that, the info>portrite, menu>common, and common5.pac files are all ready. Pmed ya Luddoj (:

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet
Thanks. And with that, the info>portrite, menu>common, and common5.pac files are all ready. Pmed ya Luddoj (:
Could you send it also to me? I didn't have the time to install them yesterday ^^'

EDIT : Now that this message also became irrelevent, I really need to learn how to delete posts... (insert fail sound)

Last edited:

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Well, take your time! Also, I was wondering, how do you make your CSPs? Do you simply move bones in BrawlBox, save the pose, move the camera, save the camera settings, change the lighting, take a screenshot and edit it in photoshop or do you have a better way of making these CSPs of yours?
Pretty much that. Brawl Box model editor is where I edit the poses and where I erase objects that I won't need. I simply use the same poses for all the texures, but I extend the process a bit by adding light from other sources. The procedure is kinda hard to explain and it gets complicated pretty quickly so I won't go deeper into that subject. Also, Photoshop is where the magic starts. That's what I use to add effects, color balance, make the picure bright or dark, work with shadows, size, etc.

Designing the pose is actually the hardest part, since it's the base. No pose, no CSP, so deciding which pose to design takes the most part of the process. After that, the rest is basically bread and butter. You'll have to repeat the same stuff over and over, and about half hour/40 minutes you can have a full set (at least I do) but to that you might add factors like: lazyness, not feeling inspired, work, studies, etc. There are many times I sit in front of my PC, open up a character preview window, look at him/her and say: "...not today" since it looks complicated or I can't seem to find a good pose that fits. That's why I mentioned before that I try to model many characters at once, so I can at least decide to stick with one.

Thanks for the help. I'm checking that right now actually.
I actually meant that I was going to need that file near the end of the Project, to just download it and add it to my Custom Build, which will come with all the other stuff I mentioned in a previous post.
So, don't worry about sharing that with me yet. Instead, please keep that folder and continue updating it until the release day, that way I can finish my last set of CSPs and have them already packaged on the Custom Build thanks to your help. That will speed up the process a lot.

Last edited:

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet
Pretty much that. Brawl Box model editor helps is where I edit the poses and where I erase objects that I won't need. I just simply use the same pose pose for all the texures, but I extend the process a bit by adding light by other sources. The procedure is kinda hard to explain and it gets complicated pretty quickly so I won't go deeper into that subject. Also, Photoshop is where the magic starts. That's what I use to add effects, color balance, make the picure bright or dark, work with shadows, size, etc.

Designing the pose is actually the hardest part, since it's the base. No pose, no CSP, so deciding which pose to design takes the most part of the process. After that, the rest is basically bread and butter. You'll have to repeat the same stuff over and over, and about half hour/40 minutes you can have a full set (at least I do) but to that you might add factors like: lazyness, not feeling inspired, work, studies, etc. There are many times I sit in front of my PC, open up a character preview window, look at him/her and say: "...not today" since it looks complicated or I can't seem to find a good pose that fits. That's why I mentioned before that I try to model many characters at once, so I can at least decide to stick with one.

Thanks for the help. I'm checking that right now actually.
I actually meant that I was going to need that file near the end of the Project, to just download it and add it to my Custom Build, which will come with all the other stuff I mentioned in a previous post.
So, don't worry about sharing that with me yet. Instead, please keep that folder and continue updating it until the release day, that way I can finish my last set of CSPs and have them already packaged on the Custom Build thanks to your help. That will speed up the process a lot.
Ok, just wanted to make sure I was doing a similar method to yours and get details on this method you use so I can improve mine. =)

Last edited:

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
I just noticed that my Lucas set is missing the Masked Man altenate costume. Plus, those CSPs are literally from my older Build, and since I'm starting again I decided I needed to improve that old design. So, I'll leave this here....

Lucas:

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tyydl8www4ob3mf/AABhFkNhbqbGsHKCHFtmnVYQa?dl=0

I've noticed that I've already passed the 10 character mark. Currently, 14 characters have already been posted with complete BPs and CSS Icons. Still many characters missing, but I'm glad to see that I'm making progress.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
I love the lucas one.....the only gripe i have with it though is that he looks a bit too hunched over. Other than that they are gorgeous

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
I've just finished lunch, and I'm happy to say that I finished with the new character of the day. It took me quite some time due to technical problems and also stuff with the special effects but it's done!

I'm really glad with how the final results turned out to be. I hope you like it too!

Pit:

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bge7deqii0hivjo/AACsk7U4M2dVHPBBZ-WlvB30a?dl=0

I promised to focus on new characters and I'm doing exactly that.
I, however, have some alternate poses ready, especially Wario's. If I have time I'll post them later today.

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet
I've just finished lunch, and I'm happy to say that I finished with the new character of the day. It took me quite some time due to technical problems and also stuff with the special effects but it's done!

I'm really glad with how the final results turned out to be. I hope you like it too!

Pit:

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bge7deqii0hivjo/AACsk7U4M2dVHPBBZ-WlvB30a?dl=0

I promised to focus on new characters and I'm doing exactly that.
I, however, have some alternate poses ready, especially Wario's. If I have time I'll post them later today.
Wow, you're really a machine at making CSPs O.O Much Speed. Such Fast.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
That Pit looks awesome, but I think Classic Pit looks pretty derp with his huge head and vacant gaze. Maybe you should change the angle of Classic Pit's head since his eyes aren't looking anywhere at where his arrow would go.

Top Bottom