• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucky Hammer?

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
I tought the other day, the hammers are really random??? besides the UTD rules, i cant be, nothing its random, so i tought of figuring the algorythm behind side B

I think i got something here, i tested 300 hammers on training on BF, and it says that in on bf the 1,5,8 & 9 comes more often than the others, the 9 considerably more often than the others.

but when i tested 170 hammers on SV, i got a completly diferent history.
on SV the 2,5,6 & 7 are the ones here.

a friend who manages samples and data told me that 100 subjects its a good number, so i think its not random.

If we can figure out the hammer algorythm, we could change completly the GW metagame.

the problem here is the variables... it could be, in what time of the match u did the side B, how many attacks did u perform, against what char, in what stage, etc etc.

when my friend told me that could be time dependant, i tested on BF something crazy, every 9 seconds i side B, obtaining 30 hammers, obtaining somewhat a similar data, at least the 8 and 9 came more often, i now 30 its not a good number right now, but when im not lazy, i will do it again, to obtain another 30 hammers.

but taking in consideration how brawl works, and looking another chars like oli who's pikmin's are stage dependant, the stale move decay that is 9 for all attacks (correct if im wrong, cuz i also tested a move dependant theory, attaking 8 times then side B, and i got a similar data, but i did like 20 times xD) plus my recent data...

i say for now, that the probability of obtaining certain number is stage dependant.
but!, i havent tested a vs char dependant theory...

UTD: i have a question for YOU! xD.
u were the one that discovered how the lucky hammer works so...

how did u realize about this?, did u go to training mode and start side biing and taking notes of the hammer u were getting?

also i ask u, when u hammer, the next hammer is alredy decided? or the posibles numbers are going like a roulette in silence? (cuz its like a roulette were screwed xD)

personally until now, i had the feeling that in BF, Picto & Pokemon 1 i got more 9's...
and i always felt that in SV i only got 7's and 6!!! wich is consistent with my theory.

so... has anyone else had this feeling? that in some stages the 9 appears more often.

EDIT: also i did test all this hammers on the red color GW, could be color dependant xDDD.

sorry for my bad english xD.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I'm not really a fan of judgement, but could be kind of interesting. Didn't someone mention making a Judgement thread recently?

How did the Oli players figure out about the whole ground relating to the chance of the different colors of Pikmin? Since...maybe we can do whatever they did to see if Judgement isn't so random.

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
im not a fan of judge right now, ive lost to many stocks whe i was a fan of it xDDD.
so now, i never use it, i have no problem landing judge, but when i do, i got a 1 or 7, almost every time!!! and got severly punished xD

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Its random, the seed that the random number generator uses may be based on the stage or something. And im a huge fan of judge. Its our most underrated move and I think its equal or better than ftilt (I dont think ftilt is useless like I did when I wasnt good however)

9s do more than just ko. They frustrate and make your opponent lose confidence, boost yours, and hype up the crowd. Im a big believer in how important the mental aspect of this game is and ive literally seen people give up after getting 9d because they'd rather start off fresh. And thats just one reason I love side b I wont blabber any longer I hate typing on my phone

:phone:

PZ

Smash Lord
Ok so like picto is gay and all so that stage is banned right and when im in a match I can just ban 1 of the other two...

Ok when mgw boards figure out how to get 9's or a any number that isnt the first what 2 or 3 mgw for banned:O

Judo777

Smash Master
I'm not really a fan of judgement, but could be kind of interesting. Didn't someone mention making a Judgement thread recently?

How did the Oli players figure out about the whole ground relating to the chance of the different colors of Pikmin? Since...maybe we can do whatever they did to see if Judgement isn't so random.
Hilt a good buddy of mine plucked about 1000 pikmin on every stage................ yea pretty intense.

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
comon zac... share!
but i disagree, i have no problems landing judge, but 90% of the time, its a 3, 2, 8 & 1...
if i really knew that i have a 9, i could kill with no problems...

and GW can setup judge with a bacon. i stoped the research for now, when i have time, i will be hammering my head again.

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
but did u do some research, so u could say its random?
or are u trolling? xD

Life

Smash Hero
I would go ask some hackers. No reason to sift through massive amounts of Judgment data when the algorithm to decide it is sitting on the disk somewhere.

(Was just passing through and felt I should throw in my two cents.)

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
this may be just me but i seem to get 9s way more often when u get a really close in hit, maybe the distance away from the nearest charachter makes a difference? to be honest i find i almost always get a 8 or a 9 when i use a fresh judgement in close quarters

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The game is designed to be like that when you barely miss a hammer, it usually give you a 9 to just troll you :troll:

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
haha i wish that was true :) was playing some friends yesterday, and trying to sneekily do 2 extra hammers after each 9, getting rid of the waste in this way definately seems the best option, i had them going wtf!! how are you getting so many 9s! but to be honest i dont use too much judgement anyways ,sure it can ko at low % but since when has game and watch had problem dealing damage. i mostly use it in four player right after a death just run in flashing and kill all 3 of them, the game wants you to get a 9! in all seriousness it can be semi effective to whip out after ledge hanging, or sometimes as a replacement air move, if its not too risky can really demoralise opponents when they get 9ed in the air!

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
it makes a good use when u down throw and read the tech roll, u can get a free judgement but u could easily regrab so its abit of a gamble, still i love demoralising people with 9 so :) better :) specially if your opponent is on like 20-60% go for the 9, 65% or moreu might aswell smash them at that point lol

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Ok I share secret. You get to choose which one you want to believe, both are valid for the randomness of the Judgment:

#1, There is no secret way to cheat the randomness of the hammer. First throw gives you 1/8 chance of a nine. Second throw is 1/7. Third and so on are 1/7. Once you get a nine your next two numbers cannot be a nine, that's why you always see me reset it after a judgment.

#2, Sakari, with all his evil additions to competitive brawl, may have increased the chance of "Lucky events" occurring if they would cause funny things to happen. Like if you throw out a hammer a few frames after a character trips, or is stunned, you'll have a better chance of landing a judgment; more so if your target is in hitstun and can't move ;)

So yeah, take from this what you want. Here's some videos to rewatch :)

[yt]1WzoU1bAgIs[/yt]
http://youtu.be/1WzoU1bAgIs

[yt]C9i1Z0pDqDQ[/yt]
http://youtu.be/C9i1Z0pDqDQ

EDIT: Reason #3, some people are just luckier than others. And according to my mom/friends, I'm pretty lucky lol

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yes it depends on the control port. If you use port #1 you get 1 Hammers a lot.
So it's best to use control port #9 for the best effect.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Can you plz stop up write dumb stuff to me all the time? why are you doing this? just GTFO if your not to any help for G&W boards
I thought it was hilarious.

What he really meant was "No it doesn't, so here's a joke to lighten things up"

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I don't even really know you much or anything. I just heard what the Finnish guys said have fun with them, not me.

Top Bottom