• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I really wish there were more fics about an already married :4robinm: and :4lucina: being in Smash Bros together.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
^ that would be an interesting headcanon.

In other news, it makes me sad that these people can't marry faster :(

I just want mah little Lucina's husbando to appear already :(

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I've yet to purchase the Scramble DLCs. :( It was the one I was most excited for, but then I stopped playing right before they came out and when I got back into it I was totally broke. Maybe I'll buy them now...
Out of all the DLCs, the Scramble Pack is probably the most worth it due to the sheer amount of content in it. I mean, you have to play through each of the 3 maps about 3-4 times to be able to see all the conversations (with different team selections each time of course)

Also it has the damn cutest Lucina x Robin scene in the game, which if played so it occurs prior to chapter 21 actually makes that scene even better since...

In the Hot Spring scene Lucina worries over the fact that the nature of her missions means she needs can't put him above all else, and is terrifed of the the possibility that she'll have to choose between him and saving the world, since if she does, she can't let her heart stop her from what's needed to be done. This adds so much more impact when the controntation in chapter 21 rolls around, since this is exactly what she feared... during which she discovers what would happen if given that choice, that Robin is too important to her.

Also, Robin freaken promises that no matter what Lucina decides to do after the war, be it return to her own timeline or otherwise leave, he is going to stay with her for the rest of his life. He then even promises that even then, even if he died, he'll find a way to come back to life so he can be with here. Which, if you pick the sacrifice ending, he keeps that promise. :love::love::love:

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Out of all the DLCs, the Scramble Pack is probably the most worth it due to the sheer amount of content in it. I mean, you have to play through each of the 3 maps about 3-4 times to be able to see all the conversations (with different team selections each time of course)

Also it has the damn cutest Lucina x Robin scene in the game, which if played so it occurs prior to chapter 21 actually makes that scene even better since...

In the Hot Spring scene Lucina worries over the fact that the nature of her missions means she needs can't put him above all else, and is terrifed of the the possibility that she'll have to choose between him and saving the world, since if she does, she can't let her heart stop her from what's needed to be done. This adds so much more impact when the controntation in chapter 21 rolls around, since this is exactly what she feared... during which she discovers what would happen if given that choice, that Robin is too important to her.

Also, Robin freaken promises that no matter what Lucina decides to do after the war, be it return to her own timeline or otherwise leave, he is going to stay with her for the rest of his life. He then even promises that even then, even if he died, he'll find a way to come back to life so he can be with here. Which, if you pick the sacrifice ending, he keeps that promise. :love::love::love:
This.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Also it has the damn cutest Lucina x Robin scene in the game.

-really long spoiler-
Harvest Scramble, once you have your units good enough, is also a perfect grinding tool, not so much for EXP but for Master Seals, and Supports.

Hell, it's how I got my :4robinf: as a Dark Flier to pass Galeforce in the first place before Master Seals could be bought, even.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792

Maybe I'm missing something here, but does that conversation happen if you don't have Robin paired with Lucina?

I've always made my MU look like a grown-ass man, so I've avoided pairing him with children. The one time I did...I ended up training neither of them out of guilt.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Maybe I'm missing something here, but does that conversation happen if you don't have Robin paired with Lucina?

I've always made my MU look like a grown-*** man, so I've avoided pairing him with children. The one time I did...I ended up training neither of them out of guilt.
Nope. You could make him look younger.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I've always made my MU look like a grown-*** man, so I've avoided pairing him with children. The one time I did...I ended up training neither of them out of guilt.
Lol.

I made my M!Robin a little kid and I prefer it that way because he's so adorable. And the issue of the implied age discrepancy when marrying Lucina doesn't bother me.

I ended up making :4robinf: her default because the other 2 models looked way off to me. Plus, that twin tail hair is cool. Only thing I changed was her name and hair color to blue.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

Lucina and Robin have entirely different versions of the two conversions when they aren't paired. Female Robin who is Lucina's mother has a slightly different version of the non-paired convos. MaleRobin x Lucina have unique ones.

Also, in terms of age Lucina is the oldest of the children save for Laurant (who is only older due to time travel shenanigans), and it is mentioned that most of the kids are only a year or two younger than their parents. We have actualy canon ages for a few characters, with Chrom being 18-19 at the start of the game and 20-21 following the time skip, while Lissa is 14-15 at the start and 16-17 later. So I think its safe to assume Lucina is around 18-19 following the time skip, since she definitely looks like she's older than Lissa is.

Also, I figure Robin with the default build is more or less around the same age as Chrom, putting him at probably about 18-22ish at the start of the game. Smaller build Robin is probably closer to 15-18ish, while the larger build looks more like 28-35ish

Hope that helped out some.

Lol.

I made my M!Robin a little kid and I prefer it that way because he's so adorable. And the issue of the implied age discrepancy when marrying Lucina doesn't bother me.

I ended up making :4robinf: her default because the other 2 models looked way off to me. Plus, that twin tail hair is cool. Only thing I changed was her name and hair color to blue.
My M!Robin is completely default, because I am boring I like having the appearance I associate with my Robin match up with over 50% of fanart and with his appearance in smash.

My female Robin I did customize a bit, she has a different hairstyle (single ponytail in back) and dark red hair.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

yes it's Morgan but the model is identical, sue me lol

Eh, if you ask me, that's severely stunted for 15-18-ish. Sure, you could make a point that Robin is secretly Peter Dinklage's ancestor is adaptable and time travel does weird things, but at that height, it does not say "hey, I'm 17."

I don't care because he's adorably cute and precocious as kid Robin

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

yes it's Morgan but the model is identical, sue me lol

Eh, if you ask me, that's severely stunted for 15-18-ish. Sure, you could make a point that Robin is secretly Peter Dinklage's ancestor is adaptable and time travel does weird things, but at that height, it does not say "hey, I'm 17."

I don't care because he's adorably cute and precocious as kid Robin
Fair enough. Though I do stand by my statements on the other build's ages. Default build being like 18-22ish at the start of the game seems about right, considering that we do know Chrom is only 18-19 and the two look about the same ago.

Last edited:

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Yeah, that's my problem. I like to make avatars that hold some kind of semblance to me, and default Robin just...looks 16ish, and I am 23. Default Robin also lacks curly/wavy hair as an option.

That said, Lucina is probably the only kid I would consider pairing with. She does look 18ish if I think about it really hard. The problem I've had from there is just the amount of adult options that I really like in terms of Mary Sue-ing it up. I've yet to try Cherche or Cordelia, for instance. The former is my favorite of the parents and the latter gives me my favorite kid. So chyeah.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yeah, that's my problem. I like to make avatars that hold some kind of semblance to me, and default Robin just...looks 16ish, and I am 23. Default Robin also lacks curly/wavy hair as an option.

That said, Lucina is probably the only kid I would consider pairing with. She does look 18ish if I think about it really hard. The problem I've had from there is just the amount of adult options that I really like in terms of Mary Sue-ing it up. I've yet to try Cherche or Cordelia, for instance, and the former is my favorite of the parents and the latter gives me my favorite kid. So chyeah.
The irony for me in the first paragraph is that In terms of semblance I'd have my MU beat by quite a bit in height if we both existed IRL. Oh well. Stuff happens.

I've never touched any mother beyond Sully and F!Robin. Sully was an accident and Robin was deliberate to ensure my game breaking Galeforce for myself.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

That said, Lucina is probably the only kid I would consider pairing with. She does look 18ish if I think about it really hard. The problem I've had from there is just the amount of adult options that I really like in terms of Mary Sue-ing it up. I've yet to try Cherche or Cordelia, for instance. The former is my favorite of the parents and the latter gives me my favorite kid. So chyeah.
Fair enough, I blame the fact that everyone looks way too damn young on... *ehem* JAPAAAAANNN!!! *shakes fist*. Everyone either looks way to damn young for their age, or vice versa, is apparently in their late teens when they looks like they should be in their early-to-mid twenties.

Anyhow, the scramble pack basically gives some of the pairings new romance related scenes. Apparently the game's devs held an offical poll, and the eight characters who got the most votes (4 male, 4 female, each of which includes two first gen and two second gen characters) each got two conversations (more like a part A and part B of the same conversation) with Robin. For the first gen characters the scenes are only slightly different and slightly expanded for when they are paired with Robin vs not paired with him/her. For second gen characters there are actually three versions, a non paired normal version, a parent version thats slightly different, and a completely different conversation for romanced.

During the Beach Scramble the four first gen characters get their scenes, who are Chrom, Tharja, Cordelia, and Gaius

During the Hotspring Scramble the four second gen characters get their scenes, who are Lucina, Severa, Owain, and Inigo.

In case you are curious, here is the M!Robin x Lucina scene I spoke of. Note: spoilers if you haven't played the DLC

My response to this scene basically can be summed up with

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Fair enough, I blame the fact that everyone looks way too damn young on... *ehem* JAPAAAAANNN!!! *shakes fist*. Everyone either looks way to damn young for their age, or vice versa, is apparently in their late teens when they looks like they should be in their early-to-mid twenties.

Anyhow, the scramble pack basically gives some of the pairings new romance related scenes. Apparently the game's devs held an offical poll, and the eight characters who got the most votes (4 male, 4 female, each of which includes two first gen and two second gen characters) each got two conversations (more like a part A and part B of the same conversation) with Robin. For the first gen characters the scenes are only slightly different and slightly expanded for when they are paired with Robin vs not paired with him/her. For second gen characters there are actually three versions, a non paired normal version, a parent version thats slightly different, and a completely different conversation for romanced.

During the Beach Scramble the four first gen characters get their scenes, who are Chrom, Tharja, Cordelia, and Gaius

During the Hotspring Scramble the four second gen characters get their scenes, who are Lucina, Severa, Owain, and Inigo.

In case you are curious, here is the M!Robin x Lucina scene I spoke of. Note: spoilers if you haven't played the DLC
I love that scene so much.
Fair enough. Though I do stand by my statements on the other build's ages. Default build being like 18-22ish at the start of the game seems about right, considering that we do know Chrom is only 18-19 and the two look about the same ago.
Yeah, I agree.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
The irony for me in the first paragraph is that In terms of semblance I'd have my MU beat by quite a bit in height if we both existed IRL. Oh well. Stuff happens.

I've never touched any mother beyond Sully and F!Robin. Sully was an accident and Robin was deliberate to ensure my game breaking Galeforce for myself.
I paired with Sumia in my first run because realistically speaking, she's the one I'd most likely end up with. This current playthrough, due to forcing my end builds to fall back on a promoted base class in the end, I paired with Tharja just so I could have this sick (and simple) Sorcerer tank build that I stole from Frederick!Severa optimization stuffs. Luna, Pavise, Aegis, Armsthrift, Limit Break. Maybe Vantage over Armsthrift if I feel I need it, but something tells me it's unnecessary.

Ehh...in case the whole promoted base class thing doesn't make sense, I basically mean that like, the end build for MU would have to be Grandmaster, Chrom and Lucina have to end on Great Lord, Cordelia and Severa have to end on Falcon Knight/Dark Flier and Hero/Bow Knight respectively, etc. Since Morgan's base class takes after the non-MU parent in most cases...that means Tharja for Sorcerer.

The fact that most of those options from the poll are the same as what I'd personally choose (other than Gerome > Inigo, but then I haven't seen the support convos; Cordelia and Cherche are a toss-up) tells me all I need to know about how basic I am in the FE:A community. Dammit. I'm buying this right now.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
The fact that most of those options from the poll are the same as what I'd personally choose (other than Gerome > Inigo, but then I haven't seen the support convos; Cordelia and Cherche are a toss-up) tells me all I need to know about how basic I am in the FE:A community. Dammit. I'm buying this right now.
Its funny too, since the game is so shameless about admitting it was a popularity contest, with the version of Anna from those specific worlds being like "don't worry, you're all loved... just not equally"

Also, my personal headcanon regarding Lucina's age is that she was about 16ish when she first appears at the start of the game. This both sticks with the whole fact that she is supposedly only like 2-3 years younger than her parents, and also matches up with her whole Marth disguise, since he was 16 at the start of his game.

Thus following the two year timeskip, Lucina is roughly 18 when joins up with everyone, and thus when she can actually enter a relationship with Robin.

...and now watch as we totally find out that Japan decides that she is actually supposed to be 13 or something, because Japan. :scared:

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Its funny too, since the game is so shameless about admitting it was a popularity contest, with the version of Anna from those specific worlds being like "don't worry, you're all loved... just not equally"

Also, my personal headcanon regarding Lucina's age is that she was about 16ish when she first appears at the start of the game. This both sticks with the whole fact that she is supposedly only like 2-3 years younger than her parents, and also matches up with her whole Marth disguise, since he was 16 at the start of his game.

Thus following the two year timeskip, Lucina is roughly 18 when joins up with everyone, and thus when she can actually enter a relationship with Robin.

...and now watch as we totally find out that Japan decides that she is actually supposed to be 13 or something, because Japan. :scared:
That works for Lucina, but characters like Donnel and Morgan are clearly younger than 18. And can enter a relationship with Robin.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
That works for Lucina, but characters like Donnel and Morgan are clearly younger than 18. And can enter a relationship with Robin.
I don't know what strange version of the game your playing, but Morgan can't enter a relationship with Robin. Since that would be creepy on so many levels.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I don't know what strange version of the game your playing, but Morgan can't enter a relationship with Robin. Since that would be creepy on so many levels.
Oh, I just meant in general, there are a good number of characters are explicitly under 18. Maybe Lissa would be better example.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Also, in other news, Chibi Lucina and Robin!

Oh, I just meant in general, there are a good number of characters are explicitly under 18. Maybe Lissa would be better example.
I never said they weren't all over 18. To be fair, you can make those less creepy by giving Robin the smaller build, since he/she then looks like he/she is younger than 18 too anyways.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Lucina and Robin have entirely different versions of the two conversions when they aren't paired. Female Robin who is Lucina's mother has a slightly different version of the non-paired convos. MaleRobin x Lucina have unique ones.

Also, in terms of age Lucina is the oldest of the children save for Laurant (who is only older due to time travel shenanigans), and it is mentioned that most of the kids are only a year or two younger than their parents. We have actualy canon ages for a few characters, with Chrom being 18-19 at the start of the game and 20-21 following the time skip, while Lissa is 14-15 at the start and 16-17 later. So I think its safe to assume Lucina is around 18-19 following the time skip, since she definitely looks like she's older than Lissa is.

Also, I figure Robin with the default build is more or less around the same age as Chrom, putting him at probably about 18-22ish at the start of the game. Smaller build Robin is probably closer to 15-18ish, while the larger build looks more like 28-35ish

Hope that helped out some.

My M!Robin is completely default, because I am boring I like having the appearance I associate with my Robin match up with over 50% of fanart and with his appearance in smash.

My female Robin I did customize a bit, she has a different hairstyle (single ponytail in back) and dark red hair.
So... Lucina's older than my Robin. Huh.
Also, found this:
Poor Gerome looks so freaking confused.

Last edited:

Articablack

Smash Apprentice
So I was watching this video of the victory poses and I realized that the announcer pronounces Lucina's name with a hard "C." I specifically remember Cynthia calling Lucina "Lucy" in a cutscene, implying that the "C" in Lucina is a soft "C." Though I can't remember any names actually being said in speech.

Maybe it's just how the Japanese pronounce her name? Because in their language, they pronounce every single letter, but I've just been wondering how you pronounce Lucina.

http://youtu.be/hGdOGAs-KSI?t=18m18s

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
So... Lucina's older than my Robin. Huh.
Also, found this:
Poor Gerome looks so freaking confused.

My Robin's age is "F**ked if he knows", since amnesia is kinda inconvenient like that. I mean, he doesn't even know his birthday, so he just uses the day Chrom and Lissa found him in the field for that (aka, I set Robin's birthday to the same day I start the given playthrough). Though he is pretty sure he's somewhere in his early twenties (following the time skip)... maybe...possibly.

So I was watching this video of the victory poses and I realized that the announcer pronounces Lucina's name with a hard "C." I specifically remember Cynthia calling Lucina "Lucy" in a cutscene, implying that the "C" in Lucina is a soft "C." Though I can't remember any names actually being said in speech.

Maybe it's just how the Japanese pronounce her name? Because in their language, they pronounce every single letter, but I've just been wondering how you pronounce Lucina.

Chrom says her name in one of the cutscenes, so I just pronounce it how it is said there.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
My Robin's age is "F**ked if he knows", since amnesia is kinda inconvenient like that. I mean, he doesn't even know his birthday, so he just uses the day Chrom and Lissa found him in the field for that (aka, I set Robin's birthday to the same day I start the given playthrough). Though he is pretty sure he's somewhere in his early twenties (following the time skip)... maybe...possibly.
I always have my real birthday as Robin's birthday. Also, that's a great age.

They'll probably change it for the English version since it calls Pittoo Black Pit. Also, the trailer for her and Robin has Robin pronounce her name with a soft C

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
In the US release they'll change the pronunciation of Lucina's name. If I recall correctly, her named in Japanese translates as "Lukina".

In the US version of FE:A her name is explicitly pronounced with a soft 'c' at least once, by Chrom.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Gods, I need more fluffy fanfics, but I think I've read every single Lucina x Robin one on FF.net. Dammit fanfic writers, get on that, since I can't yet because I apparently decided forcing my headcon on others writting more serious stories is a better use of my time.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Gods, I need more fluffy fanfics, but I think I've read every single Lucina x Robin one on FF.net. Dammit fanfic writers, get on that, since I can't yet because I apparently decided forcing my headcon on others writting more serious stories is a better use of my time.
Well... Once you finish a Future Disowned you can write fluffy stuff. Seriously. Why aren't there more?
And did you read Decruited yet?

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Well... Once you finish a Future Disowned you can write fluffy stuff. Seriously. Why aren't there more?
And did you read Decruited yet?
That's the plan actually, but that's like 5 months off at my current update schedule.

And yes, I have.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
That's the plan actually, but that's like 5 months off at my current update schedule.

And yes, I have.
That's January, right? Well, can't wait to see them. Also, that's the fic got me into reading fics. Damn my hours of hanging around TV Tropes.
Are there any other fic writers here?

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
That's January, right? Well, can't wait to see them. Also, that's the fic got me into reading fics. Damn my hours of hanging around TV Tropes.
Are there any other fic writers here?
I just realised something... if FE:A was set in modern day, Owain would be the person writing tons of really bad fanficiton. Look deep inside, you know it to be true!

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I just realised something... if FE:A was set in modern day, Owain would be the person writing tons of really bad fanficiton. Look deep inside, you know it to be true!
Hell, he's probably writing it anyways. Or maybe Sumia...
Quick! Someone do a oneshot of that with :4robinm:, :4lucina: and Chrom not enjoying the fic!

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
mexican holidays rule lol

I'm in no rush for feedback, just leaving it there.
Also, on a scale from 1 to 10, how brutal/nitpicky do you want the feedback to be. I have suffered through several hour long editing sessions with writers far better than me for my non-FE:A story... I have learned from ancient Fanfic masters in the art of critique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom