• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
What disproportionate overreaction :seuss:
Yeah, he was just trying to make her not worry about him.
I know. But lying to little kids is unforgivable!!
Also, I finished reading the chapter. I liked it. Keep up the good work.
Also, why aren't there more :4lucina:/:4robinm: fics with :4robinm: interacting with little :4lucina:? Seems like a fluff goldmine to me.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I know. But lying to little kids is unforgivable!!
Also, I finished reading the chapter. I liked it. Keep up the good work.
Also, why aren't there more :4lucina:/:4robinm: fics with :4robinm: interacting with little :4lucina:? Seems like a fluff goldmine to me.
I have no idea.

So, did Morgan come accross alright during this chapter, since this was the first time I wrote from her POV? Also, did the fight scene work well, or did it drag on a bit (since I can't shake the feeling that I need to make it a bit shorter, since I am notorious for having really long fight scenes in my stories)?

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I have no idea.

So, did Morgan come accross alright during this chapter, since this was the first time I wrote from her POV. Also, did the fight scene work well, or did it drag on a bit (since I can't shake the feeling that I need to make it a bit shorter, since I am notorious for having really long fight scenes in my stories)
It worked pretty well. And yeah, Morgan came across as alright during this chapter.
Yeah, I am starting a FemRobin playthrough and I have no idea who the heck I am going to pair Lucina with. I mean, I have to pair her with someone of course, her non-paired ending is really depressing after all.

Gerome is out of the question, I don't really like him and Lucina as a couple (I prefer them as friends, and I like Gerome with Cynthia anyways). So that leaves Laurent, Inigo, Bradly, and Yarne. Hmmm, I heard some poeple mention her supports with Laurent are good, I could try that I guess.
I like her supports with Laurnet. Also, Gerome/:4lucina: is horrible. Just horrible. I do like Gerome and Morgan though. They're really cute together.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
It worked pretty well. And yeah, Morgan came across as alright during this chapter.
Yeah. I was a bit worried about it seeming way too obvious for it to make sense that Morgan didn't realise that...
the Risen leader is her brother
... but then I remember that Morgan is completely dense at the best of times, lol.

I like her supports with Laurnet. Also, Gerome/:4lucina: is just horrible. I do like Gerome and Morgan though. They're really cute together.
I was leaning towards going with Laurent for her anyhow, so I think I'll go with that.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yeah. I was a bit worried about it seeming way too obvious for it to make sense that Morgan didn't realise that...
the Risen leader is her brother
... but then I remember that Morgan is completely dense at the best of times, lol.

I was leaning towards going with Laurent for her anyhow, so I think I'll go with that.
How many chapters is this going to be?

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
How many chapters is this going to be?
Um, my original plan was to have it be around 10 chapters, but that was when I was planning on having longer chapters come out roughly once a month. Now I am having it as chapters about 2/3 the length come out every two weeks. Hold on, let me do some mental math...

Okay, I am currently looking at between 10-12 chapters of around 3-5k words in length to cover the events of the DLC itself, with then 2-3 chapters taking place following the return to their own world to deal with the fallout of everything that happened.

This is to try and really bring a sense of closure to the FP timeline. To you know, sho that while the tragety of what happened to Lucina's and Robin's family of the FP timeline cannot really ever be undone, their kids basically have (with Morgan already having gotten by this point) a second chance, following by a discovery at the very end that brings some hope that this time around, in the game's main timeline, that particular story will have an happier outcome this time.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Um, my original plan was to have it be around 10 chapters, but that was when I was planning on having longer chapters come out roughly once a month. Now I am having it as chapters about 2/3 the length come out every two weeks. Hold on, let me do some mental math...

Okay, I am currently looking at between 10-12 chapters of around 3-5k words in length to cover the events of the DLC itself, with then 2-3 chapters taking place following the return to their own world to deal with the fallout of everything that happened.

This is to try and really bring a sense of closure to the FP timeline. To you know, sho that while the tragety of what happened to Lucina's and Robin's family of the FP timeline cannot really ever be undone, their kids basically have (with Morgan already having gotten by this point) a second chance, following by a discovery at the very end that brings some hope that this time around, in the game's main timeline, that particular story will have an happier outcome this time.
So... about 15 chapters? Also glad to hear it'll have a happier ending this time. Can't wait to see more from you. Also, (excluding Morgan and Marc) do all of the FP timeline kids stay in the FP timeline?

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
So... about 15 chapters? Also glad to hear it'll have a happier ending this time. Can't wait to see more from you. Also, (excluding Morgan and Marc) do all of the FP timeline kids stay in the FP timeline?
Yeah, since, well, it is their timeline, and they did save it. So they stick around to help rebuild and stuff. I am even thinking that FP!Lucina (who is not Morgan's mother, but would rather be the Lucina born in that timeline. Morgan's mother would be FP!Future!Lucina) offers that Morgan and Marc could stick around if they wanted, though they will refuse, with FP!Lucina saying she figured they would say that.

I figure that FP!Lucina would have probably more or less friends with Morgan and Marc when they were younger, despite the weirdness of growing up knowing that two of her friends were the children of the future version of herself.

I am also planning on probably just doing a one-shot collection after this story is finished. These would take place during various timeframes in no particular order, though some would be detailing events following "A Future Disowned", since while I don't have enough to spawn an entirely new story as a follow up, I do plan to have a few one shots that will deal with what happens after, particularly in regards to...

Marc having to deal with the trauma of what happened in his timeline and the guilt of his actions there, and basically struggling with trying to get things to return to normal. Morgan is lucky, since even after all this she still doesn't remember the vast majority of it and never will. The most she remembers is a fragmented peices of her encounter with maintimeline!Robin while she was still evil, and then a full memory of what happen immediatally before she was sent back in time

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
So, I think I've figured out how Lucina should be built for each of her mothers, so I thought I'd share.

Sumia!Lucina: Is the weird middle ground Lucina, having some good DPS skills and good tank skills, but is missing some things that prohibits going the full way. However, good speed and skill stats are still nice, and can make a slightly tankier damage focused Lucina compared to Olivia!Lucina. Keep her a Great Lord or make her a Paladin for this build.
  • Aether, Luna, Galeforce, Pavise*, Dual Strike +*. You can also swap Pavise for renewal if that is your style
Olivia!Lucina: Best dps focused Lucina, so play into her strengths and out of her lack of defence. Keep her a Great Lord or make her a Paladin for this build.
  • Galeforce, Aether, Luna, Swordfaire*, Dual Strike +*. Swap out Swordfaire for Aegis for more survivability or for Rightful King if you want more damage to come from her abilities.
Sully!Lucina: Tank Lucina, due to her access to both Pavise, Aegis, and Vantage. Also best defense stats of the possible mothers. Ideal class is probably Paladin for this one.
  • Aether, Pavise, Aegis, Vantage, Rightful King*

Maribelle!Lucina: Support Lucina for this one, due to having access to all three dual + skills. Higher magic then strength means she probably works best as an Dark Flyer here, but her class should be chosen based on who she is supporting for idea stat bonuses
  • Dual Support +, Dual Guard +, Bond, Dual Strike +, filler skill* (preferably a flat dmg boost like Tomefaire or Lancefaire, chosen by the class you give her)

I left out Robin!Lucina, since, well she can be built however you damn want her too, since she has access to every class save male specfic ones. However, do not discount the Support build here, since she can get Athema instead of the filler skill, for even more support goodness.

* Skill you can replace with Limmit Break late game if you have the DLC for it.

So, your guys thoughts on those builds? I just figured it would be a fun thing to share, since I kinda like theorycrafting about this sort of thing.

Last edited:

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
So, I think I've figured out how Lucina should be built for each of her mothers, so I thought I'd share.

Sumia!Lucina: Is the weird middle ground Lucina, having some good DPS skills and good tank skills, but is missing some things that prohibits going the full way. However, good speed and skill stats are still nice, and can make a slightly tankier damage focused Lucina compared to Olivia!Lucina. Keep her a Great Lord or make her a Paladin for this build.
  • Aether, Luna, Galeforce, Pavise, Rightful King*. You can also swap Pavise for renewal if that is your style
Olivia!Lucina: Best dps focused Lucina, so play into her strengths and out of her lack of defence. Keep her a Great Lord or make her a Paladin for this build.
  • Galeforce, Aether, Luna, Swordfaire, Vantage*. Swap out Swordfaire for Aegis for more survivability or for Rightful King if you want more damage to come from her abilities.
Sully!Lucina: Tank Lucina, due to her access to both Pavise, Aegis, and Vantage. Also best defense stats of the possible mothers. Ideal class is probably Paladin for this one.

Maribelle!Lucina: Support Lucina for this one, due to having access to all three dual + skills. Higher magic then strength means she probably works best as an Dark Flyer here, but her class should be chosen based on who she is supporting for idea stat bonuses
  • Dual Support +, Dual Guard +, Bond, Dual Strike +*, filler skill (preferably a flat dmg boost like Tomefaire or Lancefaire, chosen by the class you give her)

I left out Robin!Lucina, since, well she can be built however you damn want her too, since she has access to every class save male specfic ones. However, do not discount the Support build here, since she can get Athema instead of the filler skill, for even more support goodness.

* replace with Limmit Break late game if you have the DLC for it.

So, your guys thoughts on those builds? I just figured it would be a fun thing to share, since I kinda like theorycrafting about this sort of thing.
Cool builds. I'm not really sure what to think of the ones besides Sumia!Lucina, since she was Lucinas mother in both my (MaleMU) playthroughs. Sumia is probably the best mother for her not counting FeMU. It's a very similar set to mine, except I had Limit breaker and Dual strike+ for apotheosis.

Also I don't believe it is possible for Lucina to have Rightful King. Rightful King is passed down to all of Chrom's male children, whereas Aether is passed down to all his female children.

Last edited:

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
You should always have Dual Strike+ on Lucina. It's basically what makes her one of the best units in the game.

Also I don't believe it is possible for Lucina to have Rightful King. Rightful King is passed down to all of Chrom's male children, whereas Aether is passed down to all his female children.
It's the level 15 Great Lord skill. She has access to that class, so she can get it. That said, it really isn't worth the skill slot.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
You should always have Dual Strike+ on Lucina. It's basically what makes her one of the best units in the game.

It's the level 15 Great Lord skill. She has access to that class, so she can get it. That said, it really isn't worth the skill slot.
I forgo Dual Strike plus on my S Ranked Lucina/Robin pair up since their skill stats are high enough that they already have over 90% dual strike rate.

However, you do bring up a good point regarding how useful it is, so I have revised

I figured that dual strike would be a good skill for activate-able skill heavy Lucina builds, since if she's running both Aether and Luna (which a dps Lucina should, at it means she gets a ridiculous dmg output potential with over 2/3 of her attacks being either Aether or Luna)

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I disagree. My Sully!Lucina build has a ridiculous amount of Spd, Lck, Skill and Str(in order from best to "worst"), but since that was my first playthrough, I wasn't experienced in how to pass on stuff like Galeforce and the like. Tank is not the word I would use to describe her in my build at least, since she fits the Glass Cannon archetype more, as her Defense and Res is crappy.

Her skills there are Rightful King, Dual Strike+, Aether, Outdoor Fighter and Charm, btw. Yes, some of those suck, but hey, she's nigh untouchable, especially paired with my M!Robin.

Last edited:

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I disagree. My Sully!Lucina build has a ridiculous amount of Spd, Lck, Skill and Str(in order from best to "worst"), but since that was my first playthrough, I wasn't experienced in how to pass on stuff like Galeforce and the like. Tank is not the word I would use to describe her in my build at least, since she fits the Glass Cannon archetype more, as her Defense and Res is crappy.

Her skills there are Rightful King, Dual Strike+, Aether, Outdoor Fighter and Charm, btw. Yes, some of those suck, but hey, she's nigh untouchable, especially paired with my M!Robin.
Skills are what make the tank more than stats. The difference in Defence between Sully!Lucina and the rest of the bunch is all of 1 point. The others give higher Resistance though (usually by 1), and Sumia!Lucina also gives 1 higher Speed. As you can tell, those are mostly negligible.

The big takeaway from the Sully!Lucina build is the combination of Aegis, Pavise, and Vantage for non-Sorcerer tanking. Sumia!Lucina misses out on having Vantage, and Olivia!Lucina misses out on having Pavise.

That said, I still tank with my Sumia!Lucina (I'm doing builds for each character where I keep them in a promoted form of their original class). I just do Aether, Aegis, Pavise, Rightful King, Limit Break. ~70% Aegis/Pavise and ~40% Aether activations do a good job at getting by. The real advantage to Sumia!Lucina is just the versatility. I could easily switch to a support build if I'd rather. Luna, Bowfaire, Galeforce, Dual Guard+/Dual Strike+ (I prefer the former), Limit Break on a Sniper, probably.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Skills are what make the tank more than stats. The difference in Defence between Sully!Lucina and the rest of the bunch is all of 1 point. The others give higher Resistance though (usually by 1), and Sumia!Lucina also gives 1 higher Speed. As you can tell, those are mostly negligible.

The big takeaway from the Sully!Lucina build is the combination of Aegis, Pavise, and Vantage for non-Sorcerer tanking. Sumia!Lucina misses out on having Vantage, and Olivia!Lucina misses out on having Pavise.

That said, I still tank with my Sumia!Lucina (I'm doing builds for each character where I keep them in a promoted form of their original class). I just do Aether, Aegis, Pavise, Rightful King, Limit Break. ~70% Aegis/Pavise and ~40% Aether activations do a good job at getting by. The real advantage to Sumia!Lucina is just the versatility. I could easily switch to a support build if I'd rather. Luna, Bowfaire, Galeforce, Dual Guard+/Dual Strike+ (I prefer the former), Limit Break on a Sniper, probably.
Interesting.

I should grind my Sully out more next time, since, again, that was my first playthrough. I'll keep this in mind.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

Not to mention that Sully!Lucina misses out on Galeforce, which while not the end all really hurts DPS builds on the higher difficulties. I never said that the ways I listed were the only way to build a character, but merely what is the unique advantage for each of Lucina's non FemRobin mothers.

Basically...

Sumia!Lucina = mix of both damage and tank skills, can be build either way, or as a hybrid between the two. Advantage: Versitlity

Sully!Lucina = gets all the non sorcerer tank skills (Pavise, Aegis, and Vantage) save for Sol, but Aether works as a good stand in. Can be built for damage, but lack of galeforce hurts. Advantage: Tankier builds

Olivia!Lucina = Most damage skills, lacks Pavise in terms of tanking. Also does have lower defenses, which are not too much of an issue with Limit Break, can be an issue without it. Advantage: DPS

Maribelle = ends up with better magic than strength, and with access to duel support + can end up being one of the best support units in the game. You could build her a different way, but why waste the one unit that can have all three dual + abilites on something else? Advantage: Support

Also, if you don't have access to Limit Break on Sully!Lucina, this is one of the few cases were you should probably take Rightful King over Dual Strike +. At maxed out skills, she'd have a 56% trigger rate on Pavise and Aegis, and a 33% Aether rate. You could get these up to 66% and 38% if you do have Limit Break and drop vantage for RK, but Vantage is too good a tank skill. In fact, it is THE tank skill, in terms of tanking effectiveness.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Interesting.

I should grind my Sully out more next time, since, again, that was my first playthrough. I'll keep this in mind.
Depending on your difficulty, it might not matter. Most of those build we were talking about were for those of us insane enough to do Lunatic or Lunatic + as our difficulty of choice.

Last edited:

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Not to mention that Sully!Lucina misses out on Galeforce, which while not the end all really hurts DPS builds on the higher difficulties. I never said that the ways I listed were the only way to build a character, but merely what is the unique advantage for each of Lucina's non FemRobin mothers.

Basically...

Sumia!Lucina = mix of both damage and tank skills, can be build either way, or as a hybrid between the two. Advantage: Versitlity

Sully!Lucina = gets all the non sorcerer tank skills (Pavise, Aegis, and Vantage) save for Sol, but Aether works as a good stand in. Can be built for damage, but lack of galeforce hurts. Advantage: Tankier builds

Olivia!Lucina = Most damage skills, lacks Pavise in terms of tanking. Also does have lower defenses, which are not too much of an issue with Limit Break, can be an issue without it. Advantage: DPS

Maribelle = ends up with better magic than strength, and with access to duel support + can end up being one of the best support units in the game. You could build her a different way, but why waste the one unit that can have all three dual + abilites on something else? Advantage: Support

Also, if you don't have access to Limit Break on Sully!Lucina, this is one of the few cases were you should probably take Rightful King over Dual Strike +. At maxed out skills, she'd have a 56% trigger rate on Pavise and Aegis, and a 33% Aether rate. You could get these up to 66% and 38% if you do have Limit Break and drop vantage for RK, but Vantage is too good a tank skill. In fact, it is THE tank skill, in terms of tanking effectiveness.
I have a bad habit of forgetting about DPS builds, probably because tanking is just so mind-numbingly easy. I had totally forgotten that Sully's big disadvantage over other options was the lack of Galeforce. I've yet to do Apo though, so my opinion on DPS might change after that.

Granted, I also dislike Olivia!Lucina because Chrom!Inigo gets next to nothing. Rightful King is much less useful on him than it might at first seem.

I'm curious about Bond in your Maribelle build. Does that activate while in the back? I think I'd personally take advantage of the extra movement provided from Galeforce in that spot. But then, I like Galeforce on every support I make.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I have a bad habit of forgetting about DPS builds, probably because tanking is just so mind-numbingly easy. I had totally forgotten that Sully's big disadvantage over other options was the lack of Galeforce. I've yet to do Apo though, so my opinion on DPS might change after that.

Granted, I also dislike Olivia!Lucina because Chrom!Inigo gets next to nothing. Rightful King is much less useful on him than it might at first seem.

I'm curious about Bond in your Maribelle build. Does that activate while in the back? I think I'd personally take advantage of the extra movement provided from Galeforce in that spot. But then, I like Galeforce on every support I make.
Yes, bond does work while she's in back, though it is a toss up between that and galeforce. It depends on who you are pairing up with her. For example, In the FemaleRobin playthrough I am doing Lucina is going to be paired with Laurent, who is going to be built as a Sorcerer Tank. Since he lacks galeforce anyways, I triple move galeforce shinangins are out of the question, so I figured that the AoE heal from Bond will be more useful with them sticking near the rest of the army.

Though maybe thats just the part of me that wants the money I spent on that damn DLC to actually be useful for something.

Last edited:

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Stats-based play can still make for some interesting and new support convos. This current playthrough I'm doing is making me realize that pie might just be the truest meaning of love.

Seriously, why is everyone falling in love over pie!?

As for the talk about the Bride DLC...I'm still trying to find a good use for it other than in Rally builds. Maybe...try a playthrough where everyone is built to take advantage as best as they can of ending up on the Bride and Dread Fighter classes? That feels like it would get boring, but meh who knows. Could be fun.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
All of this talk about stats and stuff and I just play the game for support convos.
I engage in "compromised" minmaxing. This is where I choose pairing based on the pairings I like, and then try to build around it (with the only time I pick a pairing based on skills being when its a tiebreaker between who i should pair with who)

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Stats-based play can still make for some interesting and new support convos. This current playthrough I'm doing is making me realize that pie might just be the truest meaning of love.

Seriously, why is everyone falling in love over pie!?
In the Japanese version, it was bento boxes. Making lunch for someone is seen as a romantic gesture (see... almost any romance anime, be it serious romance, harem romance, or comedic romance). For some reason, the localization team thought pies made more sense than just saying she made lunch for him.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
In the Japanese version, it was bento boxes. Making lunch for someone is seen as a romantic gesture (see... almost any romance anime, be it serious romance, harem romance, or comedic romance). For some reason, the localization team thought pies made more sense than just saying she made lunch for him.
Yeah, I'd heard about that. To be fair, there have been worse localizations of stuff in the past.

*4 kids creeps around corner* Shoo, go away! I thought you were dead anyways!

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
For Pairing, I use Lucina and Brady. Brady is one of my favorites and he is usually my main magic user. I make Lucina a magic user as well for support purposes.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
That video has me pretty excited for using her, not gonna lie. The fact that almost all of her moves push toward the side...I think is good? With the blast zones being so big, edgeguarding should be much more important. Throw in how strong her Fair gets around 100% (she straight-out killed Bowser at 114% from the side of the stage), and that should be dangerous.
YES!!! THE PIES ARE ADORABLE!!! But not as cute as Robin and Lucina's Hot Spring Scramble convo.
I've yet to purchase the Scramble DLCs. :( It was the one I was most excited for, but then I stopped playing right before they came out and when I got back into it I was totally broke. Maybe I'll buy them now...

Articablack

Smash Apprentice
I second this "wait, what?"
As we know, Fire Emblem Awakening was supposed to be the last game of the series because the franchise was struggling to meet sales. So the team behind it tried to see if they could make it more edgy and different to appeal to a wider audience. Some of their initial ideas were for it to take place during the modern era, and there was even a scrapped idea where the game takes place on the moon.

The development team decided they were going to stick with the franchise's norm and do everything they wanted to do, and they exceeded in their sales expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom