• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong

The Strongest
Of worthy to note, I think people had previously stated Lucina starts the fight masked, when the contrary is the case.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Of worthy to note, I think people had previously stated Lucina starts the fight masked, when the contrary is the case.
Why would she start masked unless it were to hide plot spoilers which are already spoiled as hell with her mere appearance?

Hell, that idea of her beginning with the mask is odd anyway.

Hong

The Strongest
Well, if the designers intended for her to originally be a Marth alt, it would make sense. Since she would be masquerading as Marth from the beginning of the fight, with the mask serving to hide any potential feminine facial features. However, now that she is her own woman, it would make little sense for her to start the fight with her mask. No identity is being concealed.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well, if the designers intended for her to originally be a Marth alt, it would make sense. Since she would be masquerading as Marth from the beginning of the fight, with the mask serving to hide any potential feminine facial features. However, now that she is her own woman, it would make little sense for her to start the fight with her mask. No identity is being concealed.
True. Still, the mask wouldn't account for the hair and feminine features, obviously.

Still want the option to put it on.

Hong

The Strongest
Would be cool if we can have the hair bound. I saw Sakurai tweet those drawings of how Lucina does her hair that way, so I hope it shows up in the game.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You guys even want alt models for Lucina?

MY GOODNESS. THE ENTITLEMENT.

RRRRRRAGGEEEEE

My rage being that "difference in reach" is Lucina having more range, because "**** Marth being good again; meanwhile MK da bess" - Sakurai

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
This is a nice look at Lucina's moves. Yeah she's a marth clone but at least she's a unique character. Clones like Dr. Mario or Toon Link always made me mad because they were the exact same character with slightly altered moves. When it's a completely new character with slightly altered moves, I find myself pretty okay.

(And before someone says all the Links are different blah blah timeline shenanigans I say I am a normal person and to me when I play those games there is not enough character to justify calling them completely different. I'm biased I know.)

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
You know about Awkward Zombie! *instant respect*
Thank you so much for finding the image I was looking for and knowing what I was talking about! I tried looking for it earlier and it was really hard and didn't show up for me. So that was very nice of you to find it:).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I had some free time and drew up this. Enjoy my adapted process of choosing a main.

zomgoodness.jpg

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Woa, cool pic :grin:

The time is coming people, if Lucina's locked perharps she will be one of the early unlocks...

Something like 'beat Classic with Marth' and Marth is a starter...

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Woa, cool pic :grin:

The time is coming people, if Lucina's locked perharps she will be one of the early unlocks...

Something like 'beat Classic with Marth' and Marth is a starter...
We can hope it's that simple, yeah? After all, I'm hoping the character unlocks won't be overly difficult since you know, kids need to be able to play this and have fun too.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Whoops, I meant to say yes....

Oh well. My guess is since there are so many Fire Emblem reps this time, the veterans will be starters and the newcomers will be unlockable.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I would have one newcomer be a starter and one veteran while one veteran is unlocked and one newcomer is unlocked in the game myself.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
We can hope it's that simple, yeah? After all, I'm hoping the character unlocks won't be overly difficult since you know, kids need to be able to play this and have fun too.
Well... Maybe a balance, not so easy as Ness in Brawl but not so difficult like those 20 hours of Melee's VS to get Mewtwo...

Also, the amplied size of the roster could use various alternative methods... VS matches, Classic Mode, Smash Run, etc... Just like Brawl had 3 ways to unlock characters...

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Well... Maybe a balance, not so easy as Ness in Brawl but not so difficult like those 20 hours of Melee's VS to get Mewtwo...

Also, the amplied size of the roster could use various alternative methods... VS matches, Classic Mode, Smash Run, etc... Just like Brawl had 3 ways to unlock characters...
Well yeah varying how to unlock the characters is best, I was mainly hoping Lucina is going to be easy to unlock because I'm excited to play as her >_<

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Without a doubt, gameplay, footage, etc etc

Although, we have to wait 40 days to really play Smash4 (unless you have a japanese 3DS)
I'll play it when I can. I am a very very patient man (Which is why I can still play brawl :) )
I kind of like getting new info every day and talking with people about it. when the game comes out we will lose that. Thats why I hope I can develop the Lucina meta with many of you.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Yeah I'm definitely going for spoilers especially if she isn't a starter. I want to know how to unlock her and all the characters in the best way so I don't waster too much time trying different things. once I have all the characters is when I'll start experimenting with different things.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Without a doubt, gameplay, footage, etc etc

Although, we have to wait 40 days to really play Smash4 (unless you have a japanese 3DS)
Japanese 3DS owner and potential Lucina main reporting in. :^)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I really do need to play Awakening before I play SSB3DS!
Play it now, marry Lucina, thank us later.
Bragger :^)

Who stops at 1 chapter :^)
I want the stories about Robin and Lucina's relationship. Mostly for chapters about them finding Morgan, Chrom finding out about them, and the horrific disaster known as their wedding. Would not be surprised if Olivia killed a few people there.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I just want a dark Lucina recolor, give her armor a darkness motif, maybe make her hair dark, idk.

But I'd love that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom