• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Must it be her determined, with a slice of cockiness expression? Haha.

Since Aether was mentioned, what set of skills do you guys have your Lucina use?
Aether, Astra, Vantage, Gale Force, and honestly whatever. I just love Astra so much.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Aether, Astra, Vantage, Gale Force, and honestly whatever. I just love Astra so much.
Seconded, Astra is most definitely my most favorite skill in the game. Until Counter whoops me. I literally shove it onto whoever can go the Swordmaster route. Unfortunately for me, I can't do that for Luci. )=
But I have her with Aether, Pavise, Aegis, Galeforce and Limit Breaker.
Should I swap GF with Rightful King since I'm leaning for a more Tank-y Lucina?

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Seconded, Astra is most definitely my most favorite skill in the game. Until Counter whoops me. I literally shove it onto whoever can go the Swordmaster route. Unfortunately for me, I can't do that for Luci. )=
Yeah, I think Rightful King might be a bit more useful, with all those extremely-useful skills that need to proc. Sounds like an awesome set. Let me know how it works!

A shame though, Swordmaster Lucina is a force to be freakin' reckoned with.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Everyone that can get it should have galforce. at least I think they should :p

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
My Lucina is a child of Chrom and Sumia with the skills Aether, Galeforce, Pavise, Limit Breaker and Dual Guard+ (this is the only skill that I could swap out). She's a Dark Flier and supports Inigo in-game, who also has Galeforce. Actually, the large majority of my pairings have double-Galeforce, which is just ridiculous when you factor in Aggressor. :p

Last edited:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
My Lucina is a child of Chrom and Sumia with the skills Aether, Galeforce, Pavise, Limit Breaker and Dual Guard+ (this is the only skill that I could swap out). She's a Dark Flier and supports Inigo in-game, who also has Galeforce. Actually, the large majority of my pairings have double-Galeforce, which is just ridiculous when you factor in Aggressor. :p
I always had the sisters Cynthia and Lucina as a pair, Cynthia for movement and Lucina for kills.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm excited that she's in the game so she's definitely gonna be one of my newcomer mains alongside Rosalina, Mega Man and Little Mac.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Must it be her determined, with a slice of cockiness expression? Haha.

Since Aether was mentioned, what set of skills do you guys have your Lucina use?
I have mine use Aether, Galeforce, Rightful King, Swordfaire, and Luna.

DACSHeyes

Smash Cadet
Interestingly, if Robin is Lucina's mother, Lucina has the highest number of possible classes and skills than any other character in Awakening.

On skills:
Olivia!Lucina
Rightful King
Aegis
Aether
Galeforce
Limit Breaker/Swordfaire

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I don't actually know, just a shot in the dark. I'd think it'd be closer to 100 as that was what the Tharja one was

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Interestingly, if Robin is Lucina's mother, Lucina has the highest number of possible classes and skills than any other character in Awakening.
On that note, does anyone feel like either female robin as the mother or male robin as Lucina's husband feels more cannon? I mean...

When Lucina tries to kill you, in spite of my belief that killing a friend would also be hard for her, the scene just carries so much more weight when you are her mother or husband. And afterwards you just want to hug her and tell her everything is okay.[/spoiler}

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Isn't Chrom x Sumia shown in the game's opening sequence? :p Their relationship is about as canon as the relationships in Awakening come.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Isn't Chrom x Sumia shown in the game's opening sequence? :p Their relationship is about as canon as the relationships in Awakening come.
It is!
ChromXSumia gets a bunch of special treatment versus the other Chrom pairings.

Aside from the OP sequence, there's the Chapter 3 cutscene and the end of the chapter where you fight Gangrel, if Chrom is unmarried at that point and Sumia has the highest support, there's a little scene before he auto-proposes where Sumia runs up to hug him.

On that note, does anyone feel like either female robin as the mother or male robin as Lucina's husband feels more cannon? I mean...

When Lucina tries to kill you, in spite of my belief that killing a friend would also be hard for her, the scene just carries so much more weight when you are her mother or husband. And afterwards you just want to hug her and tell her everything is okay.[/spoiler}
I definitely prefer that particular scene when you're actually something more than just a friend to Lucina.

IMO, in terms of emotional power:
Lucina's Mom > Lucina's Hubby > Friend

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I mean come one what a story that is? a man marries the future child from his best friend. lol Sounds like an awesome plot.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
There is no official canon relationship in FE: Awakening. ChromxSumia is teased quite frequently, yes, but so is ChromxF!Robin throughout the story. In fact, Sumia more or less becomes an extra after chapter 13, while Robin still remains important (and continues to remain very close to Chrom).

You choose whichever spouse you want in Awakening. It's only logical that Lucina would hesitate to kill her own husband/mother; if she remained gung-ho about killing someone who's related to her by blood or by marriage, how would you feel about her after that?

Personally, I don't like M!RobinxLucina, because to me, it has a lot of elements of Wife Husbandry going on. My preferred pairings for M!Robin are Cordelia, Olivia, and Emmeryn, but that's just me.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
It is!
ChromXSumia gets a bunch of special treatment versus the other Chrom pairings.

Aside from the OP sequence, there's the Chapter 3 cutscene and the end of the chapter where you fight Gangrel, if Chrom is unmarried at that point and Sumia has the highest support, there's a little scene before he auto-proposes where Sumia runs up to hug him.

I definitely prefer that particular scene when you're actually something more than just a friend to Lucina.

IMO, in terms of emotional power:
Lucina's Mom > Lucina's Hubby > Friend
Well yeah, I know that no pairing is officially canon, but whoever Chrom marries and Lucina's relationship to the MC are the only things that change actual in-game dialogue during certain chapters.

Not even in the finale if you sacrifice yourself does your spouse say anything unique about wanting you back, it's the same 'generic' saying they say when you are just their friend. That made me a bit sad.

I guess some of the harvest dialogues do make up for those though. Those are pretty awesome. I just wish I knew what all of them were. So far I only know Cordelia has one with MC on Summer and Lucina has one on Hot Springs.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Not even in the finale if you sacrifice yourself does your spouse say anything unique about wanting you back, it's the same 'generic' saying they say when you are just their friend. That made me a bit sad.

I guess some of the harvest dialogues do make up for those though. Those are pretty awesome. I just wish I knew what all of them were. So far I only know Cordelia has one with MC on Summer and Lucina has one on Hot Springs.
Haha, same here.

I guess it would've been too much of a hassle to go and change a line or two for special relationships.

I get a little 'hurt' every time during The Golden Gaffe DLC, when Cordelia mentions something about getting to talk to Chrom. girluaremarriedtome, but it's nothing big of a deal anyways.

The Summer Scramble scenes make up for that though. Love that one.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Haha, same here.

I guess it would've been too much of a hassle to go and change a line or two for special relationships.

I get a little 'hurt' every time during The Golden Gaffe DLC, when Cordelia mentions something about getting to talk to Chrom. girluaremarriedtome, but it's nothing big of a deal anyways.

The Summer Scramble scenes make up for that though. Love that one.

It's not technically a hassle (Speaking from experience), it just takes a lot of time to do. Assuming they were on time and budget constraints towards the release date, they probably had to choose what they could and couldn't include.

Which is why they went back and gave us the awesome harvest pack once the game took off :chuckle:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
It's not technically a hassle (Speaking from experience), it just takes a lot of time to do. Assuming they were on time and budget constraints towards the release date, they probably had to choose what they could and couldn't include.

Which is why they went back and gave us the awesome harvest pack once the game took off :chuckle:
Ahh I see. Now this makes me wonder about the game's beta elements since I always find the stuff intriguing. :colorful:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I would main Lucina.

But then the trailer showed Robin too.

I can't main both, and I'll definitely be doing more Robin than Lucina.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I'll be playing around with all of the characters first, but Lucina looks very promising and is likely to be in my short list of characters I will play on a regular basis. That's all I can say for now.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I like her with Yarne. She's just so cute when she acts like a complete sadist.
I wonder if she got from Lucina or Robin?
Gerome.

Dem emotion masks.
I think she'll do Batman. Better than LucinaxGerome.
I just hope that Lucina's Final Smash is different than Marth's. What if Lucina's final Smash is just a clone of Robin's, with Morgan taking the place of Chrom?

I think it will be just a fancy combo.
Better be blue haired F!Morgan!!!

Thats why I'm convinced RobinxLucina is canon! Along with both of them being in Smash Bros.
Also CANON NOT CANNON!! GET IN DA CANNON!!!

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I'm still calling Lucina's FS to be exactly like Marth's except with a cutin like Chrom's in Robin's FS. :lick:

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
You choose whichever spouse you want in Awakening. It's only logical that Lucina would hesitate to kill her own husband/mother; if she remained gung-ho about killing someone who's related to her by blood or by marriage, how would you feel about her after that?
You mean like she does if he's married to Lissa, and thus her Uncle? Or if he's her husband's father (or, if she's married to Morgan, her husband's mother), and by killing him it erases her husband from existence? Or if he's married to Lissa, and thus her Uncle, and she's married to Owain, thus would be killing both blood and, by extension, her husband?

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I'm still calling Lucina's FS to be exactly like Marth's except with a cutin like Chrom's in Robin's FS. :lick:
If she doesn't get a unique FS, I'm all for this. C:

"I say when it ends!"
"Hope will never die!"

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I wouldnt mind it being the same type of attack as Critical Hit, as long as its a different animation. And please Sakurai, if you do that, give Lucina her signature stance for that one move please:

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I like Chrom.

Is the guy really as boring as a whole lot of people think though?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I mean, not like my father would be able to stop me in those kind of situations, so I can understand it a little bit.
I know, but I'm just picturing Robin telling Chrom about him and Lucina, and Chrom just goes "Cool." Morgan on the other hand...
Also, my father wouldn't be able to do much either... Because he's dead...

Last edited:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I know, but I'm just picturing Robin telling Chrom about him and Lucina, and Chrom just goes "Cool." Morgan on the other hand...
Also, my father wouldn't be able to do much either... Because he's dead...
I honesty don't really know what to say in responce to this =/ thats terrible.
Knowing Chrom he would react like a baboon at first and then just goes "cool"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom