• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
More replays, still from before the new patch

Moydow :4lucina: vs. Carlito :4zss:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql4icOAvDSY

Moydow :4marth: vs. "gabaqui..." :4lucina: (oh look my Marth beating up a Lucina again. actually think I did pretty well here, made fairly decent use of d-tilt)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08cxXGreR1Y

I also have another few non-Lucina videos, one as me playing :4falcon:, and the other of me playing :4marth:, if anyone is interested in either of those. Also :4ganondorf: in the HRC and :4marth: in the 10-Man Smash

now finally I can download the patch without worrying about having to junk my replays :p

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Maybe a couple. You made me like Severa and she was one of my least favorites, so that counts for something.

I'm leaning toward Inigo/Morgan, Owain/Severa, Gerome/Cynthia, Yarne/Nah, and I guess that leaves Laurent, Kjelle, Brady, and Noire. Maybe Brady/Kjelle and Laurent/Noire?
i have done Brady/Noire before and Laurent/Kjelle, buthave not done the reverse. So those could very well be better and I wouldn't know.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
i have done Brady/Noire before and Laurent/Kjelle, but has not done the reverse so those couldn't very well be better and I wouldn't know.
I could do one on the Robcina run and the other on the Yarne run? Though, I was thinking of doing Brady/Severa on the Yarne run.

Even googling just brings up talk of the best parents, not who they do best paired up with.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
More replays, still from before the new patch

Moydow :4lucina: vs. Carlito :4zss:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql4icOAvDSY

Moydow :4marth: vs. "gabaqui..." :4lucina: (oh look my Marth beating up a Lucina again. actually think I did pretty well here, made fairly decent use of d-tilt)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08cxXGreR1Y

I also have another few non-Lucina videos, one as me playing :4falcon:, and the other of me playing :4marth:, if anyone is interested in either of those. Also :4ganondorf: in the HRC and :4marth: in the 10-Man Smash

now finally I can download the patch without worrying about having to junk my replays :p
Very nice dude xD I've still to upload all of my replays from the previous patch to YT, but I'm spacing mine out a bit so I don't have too hectic of an upload schedule. Anyways, left a subscribe for ya to show dem supports

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I could do one on the Robcina run and the other on the Yarne run? Though, I was thinking of doing Brady/Severa on the Yarne run.

Even googling just brings up talk of the best parents, not who they do best paired up with.
That's because its generally not hard to come up with builds that work for most second gen pairs. I honestly just pair who I like paired togeather

Also, who is Noire's father, since if its someone that gives her galeforce you might want to pair her with Laurent and then have Brady inherit galeforce instead of Dual Support +. Thus making every single pair have access to Galeforce except for poor Nah and Yarne, lol. But that will lead to Dragon Bunnies someday, so its worth it.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

That's because its generally not hard to come up with builds that work for most second gen pairs. I honestly just pair who I like paired togeather

Also, who is Noire's father, since if its someone that gives her galeforce you might want to pair her with Laurent and then have Brady inherit galeforce instead of Dual Support +. Thus making every single pair have access to Galeforce except for poor Nah and Yarne, lol. But that will lead to Dragon Bunnies someday, so its worth it.
I don't have anyone for Tharja yet. I was considering possibly Kellam.

Also- yay dragon bunnies. Even better than exalt bunnies.

Pokechao

Smash Apprentice
I think I'll add to the fanart pile with something I found recently

As both an FE and Sonic fan, I approve.

Pokechao

Smash Apprentice
:ohwell:Wow take it easy there, its nowhere even on that level
Its not like what happened in 06 with EliseXSonic......ugh
Seriously put that knife away, I see it hiding in your back pocket

Last edited:

Fluffyeevee

Criminal among Criminals
NNID
Thefluffyeeveee
3DS FC
2423-4481-8726
So we hit 200 pages today. About 10 hours ago. Jeez. I bet in the next 2 weeks we'll be at 250.

soon the world

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Lucina Changes in the new update:
-Up Throw into Up Air connects at low percentages
-Side B chains come out more quickly
-Quicker dash
-Forward Air reaches behind Lucina
-Recovery in general has been reduced
-Meteor hitbox on Down Air has been increased
-"Chest has gotten a bit bigger" [I don't think this is testable]

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
-Quicker dash
Sounds quite noice.

Dat last buff tho.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
-Quicker dash
Great news for Lucina if her DB comes out faster, along with that better recovery too. I may have to start testing Lucina's abilities once more for her buffs translating to my playstyle.

Dunno about that last buff though. Lucina is Lucina, so she don't need no buff in that department when we all appreciate her as a character xD

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Sounds quite noice.

Dat last buff tho.
Great news for Lucina if her DB comes out faster, along with that better recovery too. I may have to start testing Lucina's abilities once more for her buffs translating to my playstyle.

Dunno about that last buff though. Lucina is Lucina, so she don't need no buff in that department when we all appreciate her as a character xD
I think it confirms her canon mother is Tharja.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
I think it confirms her canon mother is Tharja.
I'm very hesitant to ask what confirms her canon mother as Tharja (especially considering the context this came from). Anything involving Tharja usually results in either stalking or being cursed. If Lucina picks up those habits... then again, Lucina can be a tad obsessive when it comes to family matters...

I'm probably overthinking it

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm very hesitant to ask what confirms her canon mother as Tharja (especially considering the context this came from). Anything involving Tharja usually results in either stalking or being cursed. If Lucina picks up those habits... then again, Lucina can be a tad obsessive when it comes to family matters...

I'm probably overthinking it
I'm making a joke about the alleged increased chest size. Also, now I'm picturing Tharja going ape**** at Robin for marrying one of her daughters.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
I'm making a joke about the alleged increased chest size. Also, now I'm picturing Tharja going ape**** at Robin for marrying one of her daughters.
Why I was hesitant to ask xD

Depends, since Tharja experiments her curses on both her husband and her daughter, I wouldn't be surprized if she actually welcomed another test subject into the family - especially Robin, whom she often stalks.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Why I was hesitant to ask xD

Depends, since Tharja experiments her curses on both her husband and her daughter, I wouldn't be surprised if she actually welcomed another test subject into the family - especially Robin, whom she often stalks.
Poor everyone... I kinda wish Tharja could marry Chrom... They'd have interesting supports. Also, it'd make the fact Robin/Lucina is my OTP even better since Tharja is now his mother in law.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Poor everyone... I kinda wish Tharja could marry Chrom... They'd have interesting supports. Also, it'd make the fact Robin/Lucina is my OTP even better since Tharja is now his mother in law.
It's about as strange as Chrom and Cordelia being unable to have a relationship, since there's actually reason for her to want a relationship with Chrom (if memory serves me right). Tharja, like alot of the cast, was recruited by Chrom, so there's reason for the relationship too. Probably, Chrom should have nearly, if not all possible relationship routes, but I understand the Avatar/Robin being the only one capable of doing so by game logic standards

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
It's about as strange as Chrom and Cordelia being unable to have a relationship, since there's actually reason for her to want a relationship with Chrom (if memory serves me right). Tharja, like alot of the cast, was recruited by Chrom, so there's reason for the relationship too. Probably, Chrom should have nearly, if not all possible relationship routes, but I understand the Avatar/Robin being the only one capable of doing so by game logic standards
Yeah, Cordelia does like Chrom. Also, I do wish Chrom had more support paths. Same with Sumia.

Shaymikyu

Why? It'd bring her closer to Robin, after all. I'm sorry.

Speaking of Robin's kids, I noticed that when you look at another tactician's card, the hair colors for the kids will be the ones you have no matter who the parents are despite them having their proper hair colors when you fight them. However, if you haven't S-Supported their mother/father yet in that file, it'll mostly just take on the default color from their official artwork. However, there are a couple of exceptions to this. Yarne and the Morgans specifically (or the Morgan you don't get). The colors they get?
HOT PINK. I don't mean Olivia's pink, I mean BRIGHT HOT PINK. Morgan's canon hair color is HOT PINK. Now I can't help but headcanon Morgan's twin you don't get as having hot pink hair.
I still want Panne as an option for exalt bunnies.
Yeah, Cordelia does like Chrom. Also, I do wish Chrom had more support paths. Same with Sumia.
Poor Sumia. While I wish Chrom had more support options for sure, I can get why they kept him limited since some dialogue changes based on his spouse. Sumia, though? No reason whatsoever aside from possibly being pushed as Chrom's love interest. I want her to marry Lon'qu, or Gregor!

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Why? It'd bring her closer to Robin, after all. I'm sorry.

Speaking of Robin's kids, I noticed that when you look at another tactician's card, the hair colors for the kids will be the ones you have no matter who the parents are despite them having their proper hair colors when you fight them. However, if you haven't S-Supported their mother/father yet in that file, it'll mostly just take on the default color from their official artwork. However, there are a couple of exceptions to this. Yarne and the Morgans specifically (or the Morgan you don't get). The colors they get?
HOT PINK. I don't mean Olivia's pink, I mean BRIGHT HOT PINK. Morgan's canon hair color is HOT PINK. Now I can't help but headcanon Morgan's twin you don't get as having hot pink hair.

I still want Panne as an option for exalt bunnies.

Poor Sumia. While I wish Chrom had more support options for sure, I can get why they kept him limited since some dialogue changes based on his spouse. Sumia, though? No reason whatsoever aside from possibly being pushed as Chrom's love interest. I want her to marry Lon'qu, or Gregor!
Ew. That better not be canon. It better be blue for Morgan.
Also, Robin is sleeping with one of her daughters, that why?

Shaymikyu

Ew. That better not be canon. It better be blue for Morgan.
Also, Robin is sleeping with one of her daughters, that why?
I doubt it's canon, especially since Yarne has a white tuft and the Morgans have blackish hair in their official artworks.

I personally like the idea that Awakening has no canon pairings/hair colors, hence why you get your choice. The closest is Chrom/Sumia, but the other Chrom wives have their own reasons, too. Sully is the first Chrom wife you recruit not counting F!Robin, Maribelle is close to Lissa, Olivia could fall under the last girl wins thing and her son is the only Lucina sibling who explicitly has the mark, and F!Robin is the other main character.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I doubt it's canon, especially since Yarne has a white tuft and the Morgans have blackish hair in their official artworks.

I personally like the idea that Awakening has no canon pairings/hair colors, hence why you get your choice. The closest is Chrom/Sumia, but the other Chrom wives have their own reasons, too. Sully is the first Chrom wife you recruit not counting F!Robin, Maribelle is close to Lissa, Olivia could fall under the last girl wins thing and her son is the only Lucina sibling who explicitly has the mark, and F!Robin is the other main character.
That's kinda like the reason why I say Robin/Lucina is a strong candidate for being canon.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I don't have anyone for Tharja yet. I was considering possibly Kellam.

Also- yay dragon bunnies. Even better than exalt bunnies.
So, basically you can get Galeforce on either Kjelle or Noire at this point if Gaius is their father.

For the former you actually have two really good build options

Offensive: Paladin, with the skills Luna, Astra, Galeforce, Pavise, Swordfaire/Lancefaire

Defensive: Galeforce, Vantage, Pavise, Aegis, Sol (needs to be inherited from Gaius)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
So, basically you can get Galeforce on either Kjelle or Noire at this point if Gaius is their father.

Offensive: Paladin, with the skills Luna, Astra, Galeforce, Pavise, Swordfaire/Lancefaire

Defensive: Galeforce, Vantage, Pavise, Aegis, Sol (needs to be inherited from Gaius)
Sol's from the Hero class.

Shaymikyu

I forgot if I said this already, but Sully and Stahl are already together, which sadly limits Kjelle, but oh well. I already did Gaius for Tharja in my Yarne/Robin run, but if there aren't any better options left, I'll go for it.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Sol's from the Hero class.
Yes, but in this situation the hero class comes from the warrior tree instead of the mercenary tree. As a result, Kjelle doesn't get it.

Don't challenge me, it will only end badly

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yes, but in this situation the hero class comes from the warrior tree instead of the mercenary tree. As a result, Kjelle doesn't get it.
Oh.
I forgot if I said this already, but Sully and Stahl are already together, which sadly limits Kjelle, but oh well. I already did Gaius for Tharja in my Yarne/Robin run, but if there aren't any better options left, I'll go for it.
Which run are you currently doing?

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Hmmm, okay then. Umm, well, if you don't want to repeat pairings I think
Gaius is a fairly decent parent for Yarne, though with a good tank Nah being his partner he should probably end up support instead... hmm...

So the people you still need pairs for would be Maribelle, Tharja, Panne, Cherche, correct? And you have Kellam, Gaius, Virion, Vaike, and Libra left.

Hmmm... give me a minute and I will see what I can do

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

I just looked into this and man that is some seriously pink hair, like Kirby using a copy ability that disguises him as hair that's what you'd get.

It would seem okay if Morgan's mom was Olivia, but since it doesn't work like that, we'll never see a Morgan or Yarne with those pink locks.

I mean look at this style:

Shaymikyu

Oh.

Which run are you currently doing?
I'm not really active on any right now, but I'm probably continuing Robcina next to catch it up to the Yarne run at least.
Hmmm, okay then. Umm, well, if you don't want to repeat pairings I think
Gaius is a fairly decent parent for Yarne, though with a good tank Nah being his partner he should probably end up support instead... hmm...

So the people you still need pairs for would be Maribelle, Tharja, Panne, Cherche, correct? And you have Kellam, Gaius, Virion, Vaike, and Libra left.

Hmmm... give me a minute and I will see what I can do
Yes, that's about right. And I can pair Yarne and Nah with others if it's better for them. I haven't paired off any 2nd gen permanently yet except Lucina.
I just looked into this and man that is some seriously pink hair, like Kirby using a copy ability that disguises him as hair that's what you'd get.
It would seem okay if Morgan's mom was Olivia, but since it doesn't work like that, we'll never see a Morgan or Yarne with those pink locks.

I mean look at this style:
Technically, you could get pink-haired Yarne if you marry a pink-haired Robin to Panne, but sadly Mogan will never achieve his dream of having the most fabulous hair a tactician has ever had.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom