• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Oh Gods you guys. I unlocked Lucina. First thing I did is fight her as Robin.

"Lucina, I hope I didn't hurt you."

My poor little shipping heart. <3

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Um... who would Lucina have as her Maid of Honor?

I never thought I'd have this problem.
Who's going to be Robin's best man? Since Chrom can't in this case, as much as I'm sure he'd be up for it, since being the best man at your own daughter's wedding would be too weird.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Who's going to be Robin's best man? Since Chrom can't in this case, as much as I'm sure he'd be up for it, since being the best man at your own daughter's wedding would be too weird.
I'd do Gauis, but TMN already did that. I kinda want it to be Henry.
Stahl could work. So could Lon'qu. Or Ricken.

Last edited:

Hunter Nightblood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
kah0922

I've been trying to get that forever. Still hasn't happened.

Also TheWerdna, I see you put in the edits I made. You're welcome.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I've been trying to get that forever. Still hasn't happened.

Also TheWerdna, I see you put in the edits I made. You're welcome.
Thank you for the help! I appreciate it a ton, since again, I am the worst editor.... *echo voice* in the universe!

GhostPanda1314

Smash Cadet
Nope, screw it. Chrom used his Exalt power's to be both. If anyone objects, they can go to Plegia or something.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Nope, screw it. Chrom used his Exalt power's to be both. If anyone objects, they can go to Plegia or something.
Abuse of power! Chrom's lived long enough to see himself become the villian! Chrom must be stopped, no matter the cost!

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

how exactly do you get the quote to appear? Taunt after a KO? Or after a match victory?

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Everytime I get that, I feel bad.
Just pretend they were sparing and Robin won, so he apologized if he accidentally hurt her at all.

What does make me feel bad is using Robin's final Smash on Lucina, since she then gets beat up by her husband and her father XP

Also, first thing i did after getting Lucina: did a team match as her with an level 6 Robin on my team vs a level 9 Captain Falcon. This is for beating up Chrom!

Last edited:

Hunter Nightblood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
kah0922
Okay, for whatever reason, whenever a Star, Hammer, or Golden Hammer is used, the game music cuts out completely. Anyone else have this issue?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Just pretend they were sparing and Robin won, so he apologized if he accidentally hurt her at all.

What does make me feel bad is using Robin's final Smash on Lucina, since she then gets beat up by her husband and her father XP

Also, first thing i did after getting Lucina: did a team match as her with an level 6 Robin on my team vs a level 9 Captain Falcon. This is for beating up Chrom!
Thats why I wish Morgan was Lucina's FS. Also, if Lucy had a win quote against Robin, what would it be?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A I got work tomorrow and I'd probably arrive by 8 or later. If you're able to play around those times, count me in.

@ Robertman2 Robertman2 I've been wanting to point this out, actually. Because this used to be a speculation thread from the start, I started to have second thoughts on keeping this as a social thread. I made the thread not because I like the character, but I had a very high expectancy of her being in the game. That is why I made it, and now that the game's released, I feel like I've done my part for you guys. Making this a social, however, doesn't feel right. So I'm gonna ask the moderators to close as soon as a new one comes up. Whether they sticky the new one or not is up to them.

Now, this part is out of what I'm talking about. It's just gonna be my two cents about thread ownership.

You don't own a thread, you're just the original creator of it. You have no options to change anything but the opening post. A General/Social Thread is not that hard to make. It's not a big responsibility keep the thread cool, but maintaining the thread is. Your actions are your responsibility. I used to participate in a thread that often went completely off track and ended up closed with most users having consequences before it happened. I don't want that thread to be this thread. I don't want to sound like your grandfather, but please (as an administrator of a gaming server), respect the rules, and respect the users. If someone makes trouble, just report. No need to talk back to offenders for justice when it just makes things worse.

Now, the option to make a thread with a just the banner and introduction/rules is what I intend to do. Making a creative introduction part of the opening post is up you guys. I still haven't received any lucina drawings yet, and my inbox is pretty empty. Please make your profiles! I just need drawings, plus other info that you don't have to share, but it's optional. So in review, this is what you should send me via pm.
  • Lucina Doodle (doesn't matter if you're bad or not, you can draw a stick long hair and sword and I'll still put it up)
  • Name (i.e. Jairo, Jairo F, Jairo Fernandez, JF, or none at all.
  • Country (i.e. Florida or East-Coast)
  • Fun Fact (i.e. I can count the alphabet backwards flawlessly)
Super Smash Bros is a fun and competitive game. There will be tournaments held at many, many locations. To me, an introduction is the most necessary thing, because I don't really like to be that person not many know about. Despite that, it's up to you! I might just sleep in a little bit, so that's all I have for now.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A I got work tomorrow and I'd probably arrive by 8 or later. If you're able to play around those times, count me in.

@ Robertman2 Robertman2 I've been wanting to point this out, actually. Because this used to be a speculation thread from the start, I started to have second thoughts on keeping this as a social thread. I made the thread not because I like the character, but I had a very high expectancy of her being in the game. That is why I made it, and now that the game's released, I feel like I've done my part for you guys. Making this a social, however, doesn't feel right. So I'm gonna ask the moderators to close as soon as a new one comes up. Whether they sticky the new one or not is up to them.

Now, this part is out of what I'm talking about. It's just gonna be my two cents about thread ownership.

You don't own a thread, you're just the original creator of it. You have no options to change anything but the opening post. A General/Social Thread is not that hard to make. It's not a big responsibility keep the thread cool, but maintaining the thread is. Your actions are your responsibility. I used to participate in a thread that often went completely off track and ended up closed with most users having consequences before it happened. I don't want that thread to be this thread. I don't want to sound like your grandfather, but please (as an administrator of a gaming server), respect the rules, and respect the users. If someone makes trouble, just report. No need to talk back to offenders for justice when it just makes things worse.

Now, the option to make a thread with a just the banner and introduction/rules is what I intend to do. Making a creative introduction part of the opening post is up you guys. I still haven't received any lucina drawings yet, and my inbox is pretty empty. Please make your profiles! I just need drawings, plus other info that you don't have to share, but it's optional. So in review, this is what you should send me via pm.
  • Lucina Doodle (doesn't matter if you're bad or not, you can draw a stick long hair and sword and I'll still put it up)
  • Name (i.e. Jairo, Jairo F, Jairo Fernandez, JF, or none at all.
  • Country (i.e. Florida or East-Coast)
  • Fun Fact (i.e. I can count the alphabet backwards flawlessly)
Super Smash Bros is a fun and competitive game. There will be tournaments held at many, many locations. To me, an introduction is the most necessary thing, because I don't really like to be that person not many know about. Despite that, it's up to you! I might just sleep in a little bit, so that's all I have for now.
I'll try to make drawing.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
for anybody who cares, my two cents on the matchup against DHD...

i think that duck hunt dog hard counters lucina, marth, and ike. projectiles are about as spammable in this game as before, and the only ways to approach are to jump over them do a running shield. both of these put them in a bad position. it wouldn't be as bad if they had a bit more range or less cooldown on their aerials so i could space them and not get shieldgrabbed, buuuuuuut sakurai is evil. and yes, you HAVE to approach because of projectiles. once you somehow get past their projectiles, it's 50/50 neutral game though, but you still have to chase them down so they don't away again, which means you have to take tons of risks by being aggressive. 85/15 matchup IMO.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
First thing to think about:
Power shielding (shielding at the right time so an attack hits your shield in the initial frames, if you power shield a move you will have no shield drop lag)

Second thing to think about:
Walk -> Jab certain projectiles (walking is good)

Re: Social thread
In general I preferred newer threads over olds one post-game release, this included most socials.
I didn't already cull this because it has acted as a social for a very long time. But then people started to do friend codes/lists along with their video threads and I started to die inside and realised I made a terrible mistake and should've culled everyone and everything without remorse.

Apart of me felt like post-game release, all of the "fire emblem fans" (I really cannot say this in a way to differentiate myself and the people I'm referring to without sounding insulting :\) would subside, and once the group of people actively on the Lucina boards weren't just those wanting to talk about their favourite Awakening pairings/headcannons for the 10,000th time it would likely be very apparent and worth making a new social thread for.

For months now most activity on both here and the Robin boards have been primarily people I doubt we'll see here at all past the very early stages. I could be wrong, but there's going to be a point at which people are actually playing the game, and those who don't have smash skills but loved Awakening are just going to fade into the background in terms of what is actually relevant discussion.

Yikes, I'm sure I sound like a super asshole for that. !_!

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I am kinda confused now, is a new thread being created and this one closed, or is nothing happening yet at the present

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom