• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Moveset Data & Analysis Thread

Lew Paue

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ponceman
3DS FC
4382-2004-7067
Does anyone know the DB input combos that are true and what kinda percents the knockback is too great? Also i dont know if anyone has mentioned a b-slide reversal after dash for a really quick turn around shield punish. If anyone can help thanks
(I know side then rest up works)

User52

Smash Cadet
NNID
User52
Is the recovery potential of shield breaker notable enough to be mentioned? I feel like the horizontal boost of a fully charged SB could be useful in a few situations.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Is the recovery potential of shield breaker notable enough to be mentioned? I feel like the horizontal boost of a fully charged SB could be useful in a few situations.
Sort of. Depends on whether or not you allow customs - Dashing Assault provides an acceptable horizontal recovery without even needing to charge (and also generally outmatches Shield Breaker on stage as well).
Plus the fact that you may not get launched high enough to be able to charge SB fully. It's not a guaranteed means of recovery.

User52

Smash Cadet
NNID
User52
Sort of. Depends on whether or not you allow customs - Dashing Assault provides an acceptable horizontal recovery without even needing to charge (and also generally outmatches Shield Breaker on stage as well).
Plus the fact that you may not get launched high enough to be able to charge SB fully. It's not a guaranteed means of recovery.
Yeah, I just went back and tested it. You have to be pretty high to do it, a full charge is too long even after a double jump. I did get an awesome kill of of the boost, though, but only after getting hit way up by a Sonic.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I did get an awesome kill of of the boost, though, but only after getting hit way up by a Sonic.
Yeah, that can happen *points at his sig*
but no high-level player is ever going to fall for it, and it's not worth losing all the other benefits of Dashing Assault for in my opinion.

Sorry if its already been asked, but how did you get such accurate damage output values? Im assuming you just repeated the attack until the damage accumulated to a non-multiple of the displayed base damage, but how did you do that for high KB attacks without the opponent getting KOd?

Also, UTilt has a damage sweetspot at the end of the sword arc that displays as 8% when floored.

Edit: Wait no, the arc's hitboxes are divided along the two halves of the curve. The first half deals 6% floored, the second half deals 7% floored.

Last edited:

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Sorry if its already been asked, but how did you get such accurate damage output values? Im assuming you just repeated the attack until the damage accumulated to a non-multiple of the displayed base damage, but how did you do that for high KB attacks without the opponent getting KOd?

Also, UTilt has a damage sweetspot at the end of the sword arc that displays as 8% when floored.

Edit: Wait no, the arc's hitboxes are divided along the two halves of the curve. The first half deals 6% floored, the second half deals 7% floored.
Lucina has high knockback moves? I just tested them on heavy characters on Arena Ferox. No one dies on Arena Ferox. You're right-on with the method used, though I try to go for as high of a non-multiple as I can get for more accurate results.

Thanks for catching Up-tilt, I never noticed it. The first half of Up-Tilt deals 6.6% and the back half does 7.125%.

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
Sorry if my post is in a wrong thread but, which are the best Lucina custom moves to use in a competitive scene? Thanks!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Sorry if my post is in a wrong thread but, which are the best Lucina custom moves to use in a competitive scene? Thanks!
Dashing Assault, and Dolphin Jump (though that can depend on the opponent in my opinion, you probably won't need it against the likes of Mac).

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
I really like Iai Counter. If you counter a strong move, that's almost a guaranteed death for some characters and it always places you at an advantageous position in regards to your opponent.

Kosaki

Smash Cadet
Iai Counter is a really good alternative :
- Can mess up the opponent's vectoring because of the opposite knockback. Plus, it has less freeze frame than the regular counter, the hit comes out quicker, so they even have less time to react.
- Very good on the ledge when you're facing your opponent who is on the middle of the stage. Grants you some momentum on the ledge.
- Lucina moves a certain distance forward for the hit, so you can catch your opponent from a greater range.
- It's so good looking.

Note that the Iai Counter has less active frames, but the recover of the move is the same as the regular Counter, so you have to time it right, otherwise you'll get punished heavily. The Iai Counter also has less KO potential, it requires around 10-15 more % than the regular Counter to KO. The damages you inflicts still depends on how powerfull was the hit you countered, it multiplies the damages and knockback you would have received.

I also feel like the active frames of the Iai Counter comes quicker than the regular Counter, which does not activate if you get hit on the very first frames of the move.

Jtails

Smash Lord
Lucina Competitive Tutorial

So I know this may or may not be the proper place for this video but it's a bit of a competitive guide towards using Lucina, in my opinion. Hopefully there is something that can be taken from this and I hope you Lucina mains can teach me some things I myself don't know as well!

Last edited:

IzE

Smash Cadet
I found it quite accurate from what I have read in detail from the Marth/Lucina forums.

The common strategy in most regards when whiffing grabs/moves is to D-tilt>Dolphin slash given its obvious lower recovery and nearly identical startup (2-3 frame diff?).

If opponents decide to roll behind you should have time to protect yourself with your own roll away or pivot grab. Dancing blade is also viable given your timing, but I believe how fast a character is determine its effectiveness. The backward swing of Down smash is stronger than the front one and can be used as a mix-up if they catch on to your dtilt shenanigans, but of course this is for a hard read (Lucina's feet hitboxs too stronk).

If you don't mind a little(alot) of reading you can skim/read through EternalFlame's guide. If you want to get into the gritty frame work behind each move @ Shaya Shaya has work scattered throughout the forums, but I'm sure will be unified at a later time.

http://smashboards.com/threads/marth-combos-setups-strategies.372527/#post-17989567

Also I mentioned this in your stream when you were live that to never counter when being trumped as it will propel you into the blastzone (unknown if fixed in wiiu version).

Last edited:

Jtails

Smash Lord
I found it quite accurate from what I have read in detail from the Marth/Lucina forums.

The common strategy in most regards when whiffing grabs/moves is to D-tilt>Dolphin slash given its obvious lower recovery and nearly identical startup (2-3 frame diff?).

If opponents decide to roll behind you should have time to protect yourself with your own roll away or pivot grab. Dancing blade is also viable given your timing, but I believe how fast a character is determine its effectiveness. The backward swing of Down smash is stronger than the front one and can be used as a mix-up if they catch on to your dtilt shenanigans, but of course this is for a hard read (Lucina's feet hitboxs too stronk).

If you don't mind a little(alot) of reading you can skim/read through EternalFlame's guide. If you want to get into the gritty frame work behind each move @ Shaya Shaya has work scattered throughout the forums, but I'm sure will be unified at a later time.

http://smashboards.com/threads/marth-combos-setups-strategies.372527/#post-17989567

Also I mentioned this in your stream when you were live that to never counter when being trumped as it will propel you into the blastzone (unknown if fixed in wiiu version).
ohhh so that's what you meant about countering. So it's just some strange glitch huh, that carries your momentum.

I will definitely be reading up on this, so far what I've crafted up is only through my own findings/opinions. I like to start games off that way, then after my opinions are solidified and I have my own style with a character, I enrich that through other's findings and tips/videos. So I will certainly be reading up on EternalFlame's guide! Thank you so much.

IzE

Smash Cadet
Yea I don't have ten posts yet so I can't link anything, but thankfully there isn't many glitches for Marth and Lucina. I haven't seen an Ike encounter it yet, but then again I haven't watched much Ike. Also our walk speed is advantageous; given our ability to apply pressure with d tilt while remaining in neutral as well as our other tilts to catch airborne approaches. There have also been discussion of using air dodges aggressively, something along the lines of airdodging instantly from a SH into your opponent and being able to weave back or forth to bait a grab while receiving no landing lag.

IzE

Smash Cadet
With vectoring removed our vertical Ko potential should be increased. Can someone test what is our effective kill percent on mario with an up smash (with and without DI)?

Tantei

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedSouji
3DS FC
1375-7405-0216
Hey man! Thank you for this. This really helped me in finding out the KO potential in each move and what not. Good work, keep it up!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey Lucina mains, I found out a cool AT for Lucina and I wasn't sure where to post it, so i decided here was best. This works for Marth too. Ok, you know how if you full charge Lucina's shield breaker, it will give you a decent amount of horizontal air movement. Well, I found out that if you time it just right, you can transfer that movement to ground moment. What I mean is imagine Lucina's sliding SB custom move? well imagine if it had the same power as a full charge default SB and that is what this basically is. I found that the easiest way to peform it is to Full hop double jump and just as you are doing your second jump, immediately hold the b and charge the move. If done correctly, Lucina should have the power of a full charged SB and move about 1/4 of FD length.

grafcar

Smash Rookie
Who ever mains lucina and wants to talk about some cool techs i found please add me NID "grafcar" also we can just play for fun

Top Bottom