• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina 1.0.6/1.0.3 patch changes

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Yeah.... was a little disappointed with this patch. Damage buffs are alright, but like everyone here is saying those aren't really the buffs she needs. I would've preferred less lag on most of her normals or a throw she can actually combo with more consistently than that to be honest. I wanted 4 particular characters buffed (:4bowserjr::4charizard::4littlemac: and of course :4lucina:), and yet none of them got anything to make them drastically better. Makes me wanna go get my 3DS back from my mom so I can play FE:A, a game where she's actually good.

At least there are customs to fall back on though and there might be another patch when :4lucas: comes, so at least there's still a little bit of hope left.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Maybe I missed it, but does Fsmash actually do a little more than 15%? I was messing around once with her and I did three Fsmashes in a row (training) and the third one was registered as 16%, not 15%. A decimal percent perhaps?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Maybe I missed it, but does Fsmash actually do a little more than 15%? I was messing around once with her and I did three Fsmashes in a row (training) and the third one was registered as 16%, not 15%. A decimal percent perhaps?
I just tested, and it almost seems random. The first try took 6 to get the extra 1%, the second took 3, the third took 12, the fourth took 2, and I didn't get it at all on the fifth (the CPU Bowser died at 180%).

We should know for sure soon enough though.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I just tested, and it almost seems random. The first try took 6 to get the extra 1%, the second took 3, the third took 12, the fourth took 2, and I didn't get it at all on the fifth (the CPU Bowser died at 180%).

We should know for sure soon enough though.
Inb4 it really is random cuz Lucina. :secretkpop:

But in reality is it POSSIBLE her Fsmash has a pseudo-tipper thing going on? (Whether it be tipper or close in is more powerful.) Did you test the frequency of her 16% Fsmash at the same distance every time, or random distances?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Inb4 it really is random cuz Lucina. :secretkpop:

But in reality is it POSSIBLE her Fsmash has a pseudo-tipper thing going on? (Whether it be tipper or close in is more powerful.) Did you test the frequency of her 16% Fsmash at the same distance every time, or random distances?
Tried again at both tipper- and close-range, and still not getting it consistently. Still seems to be coming up after a random number of f-smashes (4, 7, 3, 9, 6 this time)

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So would like to confirm with our friends on the Lucina boards
that although it may not have been this patch, at the very least at SOME POINT

OUR JAB AND FTILT GOT BUFFED

Jab IASA: 29 > 26
Ftilt IASA: 39 > 35

Ftilt is now same as brawl, and jab is 1 frame shorter end lag than in brawl (but has +1 start up)

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Clarifying with what Shaya told me earlier cause I didn't understand it like he posted here (I'm a noob).
Game | Move | Hitbox | IASA
Brawl | Jab 1 | 4 | 27
Smash 4, Pre Patches | Jab 1 | 5 | 29
Smash 4 (1.0.6) | Jab 1 | 5 | 26
:227:

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Yay buffs! Even if they aren't aerial buffs...

Dumb question though: what're IASA frames?

ZFallen

All things are better with a little 'Z'
NNID
ZFallen
So she did get buffed!

Are there still things to be tested? Any comments as to the application and usefulness of these buffs? Does this seperate us from Marth or are they the same right down to the frame?

ZFallen

NNID
ZFallen
Okay, I'm going to update the first post soon. Is there a specific way you all want it set out? Any more changes found in the last day or two?

ZFallen

NNID
ZFallen
...not sure that's how it works man.

Top Bottom