• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina 1.0.6/1.0.3 patch changes

ZFallen

All things are better with a little 'Z'
NNID
ZFallen
Hey guys, just throwing up a thread for us to all place changes (if any) to Lucina in the new patch. This section seems quiet lately, so I thought I'd break the ice!

Confirmed Changes:
  • Dtilt 8.075>~8.75
  • Fsmash 14>15
  • Dsmash2 13>14
  • Fair 8>~8.6
  • Shield Breaker (Uncharged) 8>~8.6
  • Shield Breaker (Fullcharge) 21>23 (WHY?)
  • Still untested: Dancing Blade & Variants, Counter & Variants
Unconfirmed Changes:
  • A
  • B
  • C
Placebo Effect:
  • A
  • B
  • C

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
And it made a difference!
By comparing damages with THIS LIST, I got the following:
Some stuff on Lucina:
Dtilt 8.075>~8.75
Fsmash 14>15
Dsmash2 13>14
Fair 8>~8.6
Shield Breaker (Uncharged) 8>~8.6
Shield Breaker (Fullcharge) 21>23 (WHY?)
Still untested: Dancing Blade & Variants, Counter & Variants

Every timing felt exactly the same as before.

Confirmation still pending.
This is what I got.

ZFallen

NNID
ZFallen
Oh wow, Lucina's getting some respect!

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
It's really not gonna change her position in the tier list at all. She needed a hell of a lot more than that to be viable at top level play.
I suppose it could have been worse though, I mean they could have nerfed her.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
It woulda been nice to get more range or get less ending/landing lag buuuut... having shield breaker do 1% less than Marth's tippered shield break (unless it's been buffed too) is AMAZING. I'm happy with the damage buffs; even if I wanted a bit more.

ZFallen

NNID
ZFallen
Yeah, that is amazing. I wasn't expecting anything much for her, so I'm happy with the slight buffs she's been given. Has there been any word in regards to knockback?

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that is amazing. I wasn't expecting anything much for her, so I'm happy with the slight buffs she's been given. Has there been any word in regards to knockback?
No, but Marth's Side-B connects easier now, I'm assuming the same goes for Lucina then?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
There is still no confirmation or negation of changes on range or speed. I can't verify any of those, so I could only test damage.

ZFallen

NNID
ZFallen
I'm happy to! I just wasn't sure if Kyokoro is awaiting confirmation of changes to damage from another source, or if it's all cool.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I'm happy to! I just wasn't sure if Kyokoro is awaiting confirmation of changes to damage from another source, or if it's all cool.
It would help if it's formatted. For example,

Confirmed Changes:
  • A
  • B
  • C
Unconfirmed Changes:
  • A
  • B
  • C
Placebo Effect:
  • A
  • B
  • C
:227:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
No, but Marth's Side-B connects easier now, I'm assuming the same goes for Lucina then?
I feel that it's connects easier too because it's slightly harder for fastfallers like greninja to escape now

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Not sure if this is placebo but someone on Reddit said that her jab was faster. It definitely looks it to me but I'm not really sure.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
@ Macchiato Macchiato you messed up the quote :p

Anyways, probably not. Dantarion stated he is busy and he will upload the data when possible.

Last edited:

acetuner

Smash Rookie
I feel like her landing lag has been decreased. And FSmash has gotten stronger in KB

M@v

Subarashii!
Lucina needed speed added to some of her moves/less lag, not power. This isn't going to help much :3

Duet

Smash Cadet
NNID
requiemlacrimosa
Just messing around with it I don't feel anything different other than the damage buffs. I am 99% positive that anyone saying lucinas attacks are faster are just under the placebo effect or don't know the character. The only change that I feel like needs a confirmation is the knock back on her smash attacks. It does feel like she has slightly more knock back, but I am playing on the 3ds for the first time since I am out of town so it is a bit hard for me to tell. That was the one thing I felt like I noticed right away though in addition to her attacks doing more damage.

Kind of a shame, but I don't think Sakurai knows how to fix her or marth based on this patch. Maybe next patch they will realize they need to reduce the lag on their attacks + fix how ****ty the dair sweet spot is so we can actually have a viable character, and if they don't, at least I will get lucas to fall back on.....

DrCactus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCactus
3DS FC
5026-4425-0383
Marth Board is talking about Dancing Blade being more consistent now. Does this also apply to Lucina?

Duet

Smash Cadet
NNID
requiemlacrimosa
What does it "Being more consistent" even mean? That sounds like textbook placebo effect to me. In training mode I am still missing half of my attacks on diddy kong at low percents, so its either a placebo (which seems to be the most likely case) or its something exclusive to Marth.

DrCactus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCactus
3DS FC
5026-4425-0383
Consistent as in it's harder to escape. It might just be a marth exclusive buff then.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
"More consistent" as in it registers as a true combo in training mode (and can kill certain characters starting from about 100%) at higher percents, where it didn't before. And yes, it applies to Lucina as well as Marth.

In training mode against Greninja and Fox, DB forward-up-down-forward kills from the edge of the stage from about 100%.
Forward-up-forward-up kills off the top blast zone from 120% (but whiffs easily with less-than-exact timing).

Last edited:

Duet

Smash Cadet
NNID
requiemlacrimosa
I have never not seen my dancing blade register as a true combo in training mode personally, and I feel absolutely no change in my dancing blades. I have been killed plenty of times by marths up combo of his dancing blade if a tipper lands at the percents you mentioned, so I am still a bit skeptical. I am currently using my dancing blade on greninja as lucina and the combos you mentioned seem exactly the same to me. Without rage he isn't dying at 110% to the forward variation, but I know with a little bit of rage he will, just its always been. On Marth I just used the up variation on Greninja on FD and he didnt die off the top at 145% without a tipper, but when I sweet spotted it he died at 110%, which seems about the same as it has always been for me.

This is always the kind of stuff I am skeptical about though, there are a million different reports coming out of things "feeling different" just because someone doesn't have complete knowledge of a character and then that mentality spreads to others thinking that they feel it too. There are so many factors that determine when a move can kill but people will come out and be like "oh, this kills 10% earlier than it used to. Without hard evidence or the move is drastically changed, it is damn near impossible to tell in a situation like this. Dancing blade is basically the bread and butter of my Lucina and Marth game play, and I am still leaning towards it being unchanged personally until the data shows otherwise.

Last edited:

AufWiedersehen

Smash Cadet
NNID
AufWiedersehen
I find I'm able to get true combo dthrow to uair with Mewtwo at low percents fairly consistently.

Granted, Mewtwo is a new character so not sure if this is just against a character like Mewtwo or if it is easier across the board to land Lucina's hoo-hah.

speedguy20

Smash Cadet
NNID
speedguy20
Maybe one day Sakurai-senpai will notice us and give us a huge buff ;~;

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Training doesn't register any true combo though (except Dthrow>Bair until 60-ish%)

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I was the one who posted those changes though....
Even talked to Shaya about them.

Feryn Hyrk

Smash Rookie
Things we actually need are:

1- A little greater range on sword, makes no sense that Bowser's fair outspace us

2- More safety hits on shield, specially for fair, we need more shield pushback.

And then for top tiers:

1- Less aerials landing lag

2- Lower knockback on dthrow

3- Put in and off mask through taunt

Her overall speed, damage and ko % is fine, she's pretty safe on hits that aren't shielded.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Range is fine, and just lowering landing lag would add a lot of safety.
What I need is a Brawl-like Nair (range, low landing lag (if any) and power), it's so bad it can't threat a grounded opponent so her only option is Fair.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
That is not confirmed for both Marth and Lucina. Additionally, these are the only confirmed changes for Lucina:
:4lucina:Lucina
Fair, Dtilt, Fsmash, Second hit Dsmash, uncharged shieldbreaker
approx. 0.5% damage increases
Fully charged shieldbreaker approx. 1% damage increase
Once Dantarion does the data dump, we will be able to know if the D-air observation is true or not. Unless...

@Thinkaman, D-air for Lucina and Marth any difference? I don't see any difference on my end. Still seems to hit only at frame 11.

Top Bottom