• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas's Frame Data [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Could you find out when the invincibility on Lucas's upsmash is? I've triggered it a few times; I know it's there. And also the frame that magnet's hitbox comes out after having magnet out already, like when you hold B and the then let it go, rather than just tapping down-b. Thanks!

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Could you find out when the invincibility on Lucas's upsmash is? I've triggered it a few times; I know it's there. And also the frame that magnet's hitbox comes out after having magnet out already, like when you hold B and the then let it go, rather than just tapping down-b. Thanks!
Invincibility of Up Smash comes out Frame 1-4 on start up
Dunno about PSI Magnet :(

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Yo frame 1 invincibility though? And it lasts four frames too; not bad. Could you also tell me where on his body has the invincibility? Thanks!

As for the holding hitbox of PSI Magnet, my guess is like frame 2 or 3. ****'s MAD quick.

Last edited:

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Yo frame 1 invincibility though? And it lasts four frames too; not bad. Could you also tell me where on his body has the invincibility? Thanks!

As for the holding hitbox of PSI Magnet, my guess is like frame 2 or 3. ****'s MAD quick.
His entire body buddy ;D
Here are some examples of its usefulness!

Last edited:

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Wow, great ideas! I assume you're jump cancelling the upsmash out of shield? Also, just to cement my understanding, you shield all but the last hit, which you intercept with a jump-cancelled upsmash out of shield?
What's the timing on that?

Last edited:

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Wow, great ideas! I assume you're jump cancelling the upsmash out of shield? Also, just to cement my understanding, you shield all but the last hit, which you intercept with a jump-cancelled upsmash out of shield?
What's the timing on that?
Yep!
And what I pretty much do is Jump Cancel Up Smash when the final hit is about to connect.
Pretty straight forward, I can't say much ;P

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
By the way, Aero, I think Lucas could use a higher Defense rating. Between wavebounce PK Fire and Z-Air, Lucas can do some really strong zoning while keeping himself safe most of the time. Plus we have both a reflector (which is not that reliable admittedly) and an absorber for dealing with projectiles.

Having a frame 2 jab as a good "get out" move probably helps his defense a lot too.

I'd say making his Defense on par with Offense would be fair. I mean, even with all the good tools he has we still have the problem of that grab.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
I don't get the character archetype/style /playstyle. Lucina's is just forward smash. And how is mix up a style?

NGulfViper

Smash Rookie
Lucas is a mid-range zoning character right? And now lucas has the best smash attack in the game for Oos punishes

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Question. Is dash attack the move I'm looking at here?
Screenshot_2015-08-03-04-10-24.png

Damage, size, coordinates, and knockback all seem to match up for the sweetspot hitbox, but the data here seems to be missing the 9.0% damage sourspot with the more vertical knockback, so I'm not really certain it IS dash attack I'm looking at since I know for a fact dash attack has two hitboxes.

Last edited:

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
It's literally in the picture you posted.
So then the sourspot hitbox is the one that says "unk_7075DC5A"? I see the first attribute is 0x0, which I'm guessing corresponds to the hitbox's ID, since the sweetspot is ID 0x1. If so, then how come it doesn't specifically name the attributes of the hitbox (damage, angle, BKB/WBK/KBG, etc.) like the sweetspot hitbox? The jabs all have multiple hitboxes that happen simultaneously and they're all labeld.

Still getting the hang of how to read raw frame data, sorry.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Wow, I need to start using his down special more to disrupt moves.
Wait, can it really be used like one? In the frame data it's 17 frames for PSI magnet. So if it's 1 frame for the hitbox I thought that meant 17 + 1 = 18th frame hitbox? To me that isn't quick enough to be a "step off me" kind of move - in comparison his up air comes out in just 7 frames. I find that his best "combo breaker" is fair because of the combination of range, priority, and start up time. For example you can fair people who try to jab then follow up with a smash. (Situations where air dodge out or land on the ground or trying this PSI magnet attempt would get you smashed)

Last edited:

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
No no, what it meant was that yes while the hitbox lasts one frame, if PSI Magnet is being held past its minimum startup time, when released it takes 1 frame after b is released for the hitbox to come out. It's only frame 1 in that scenario, so it can't really be used as an interrupt.
It's a good disjoint though, so with good timing it can be used to beat out up-bs, aerials and moves that make the character rocket sideways like the Green Missile.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Is there a list for reflect multipliers? Some (like Zeldas) doesn't mention the reflect power.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Questions on some of the data you have on your Lucas section of the frame data.

For the hitboxes on down tilt you have 70/0/0 for the angles, but, if I'm reading dantarion's dump correctly, shouldn't the angles on the first two hitboxes be 76° and 40°, respectively?

Down tilt.png

On down air it's 3 loops of 8 frames (3 frames with active hitboxes, 5 inactive), but after the first loop your data says the hitboxes are only active for two frames (10-12, 18-19, 25-26 and "32-33", which shouldn't be there at all since the loop only happens 3 times, not 4). Wouldn't the correct active hitboxes be 10-12, 18-20, 26-28, with the finisher hitting frames 34-35?

Down air.png

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
This thread was created when a data dump for Lucas did not exist, so there may be small inaccuracies in it.

I might update this for 1.1.0 next.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Hey I notice that for forward air you still have the sweet spot end at frame 10, when it actually lasts all the way through frame 12. The sour spot is the one that's active 9-10, the stales to 6% damage on frame 11, then is gone by frame 12.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom