• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas & Zelda the perfect pair

lil cj

Smash Lord
Ive noticed that alot of people who main Lucas have Zelda as a secondary and vice versa.
Including me...Zelda is my second main...she's great.
Thats why I say that Lucas and Zelda are the perfect pair.
It seems like Lucas is a male Zelda and Zelda is a female Lucas
They seem so similar IMO
They also work the best in doubles.
Does anyone feel this way too?
How do u Zelda mains feel about Lucas?

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
Having a secondary that is very close to your main isn't recommended. The whole point of having a secondary is to counterpick....

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
If you're going to bother with Lucas and Zelda, you might as well be like me and go Ness and Zelda... though to be honest, Ness isn't all that good, sooo...

But anyway, I know exactly what you mean by the pairing - this is why when I first played with Zelda, I was shocked and considered dropping Lucas... and then I played more Ness and made the move. Lucas and Zelda are built in similar ways, but his issues are so much more extreme than Zelda's. All he really has is a better recovery.

lil cj

Smash Lord
ROB I think. IIRC. not sure.
ROB...I'll try him out
He's a top tier character:)

If you're going to bother with Lucas and Zelda, you might as well be like me and go Ness and Zelda... though to be honest, Ness isn't all that good, sooo...

But anyway, I know exactly what you mean by the pairing - this is why when I first played with Zelda, I was shocked and considered dropping Lucas... and then I played more Ness and made the move. Lucas and Zelda are built in similar ways, but his issues are so much more extreme than Zelda's. All he really has is a better recovery.
Ness...Ive never given much thought about him...
I guess it couldnt hurt to give him a try too:)
Isnt Lucas' smashes alot stronger and faster than Zelda's too?

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Speed... not exactly.

Zelda's only "slower" smash is Fsmash, which is barely slower than Lucas's Fsmash... which is barely faster than Ness's bat, really. Zelda's smashes win everywhere else. Her Dsmash is virtually the same speed as Metaknight's Dsmash.

Stronger... yeah. It's better to compare Lucas's Usmash to Zelda's utilt for killing stuff. I'm sure Lucas's wins in power, but Zelda's Usmash is better for damage and anti-air. Overall, I like Zelda's smashes more, but that's a biased response.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
silly peoples.... the ultimate secondary for Zelda is sheik.... it only takes a down+B to auto couterpick :)

Top Bottom