• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

lucas spike?

Stfn!

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I'm new with Lucas therefore this is a stupid question, but... what's the best spike for Lucas to use off the edge of the map? Are there any good videos of someone spiking with Lucas?

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
hmm... its pretty much situational

bair is strongest spike he has, but, its way more situational and needs to be precise

dair is just too weak in terms of knockback, but if pulled well you can deliver high damage and kill somebody at higher ranged

theyre pretty much situational, you can try first fair to dair... or bair to bair... or bair to dair... or bair to dair (vs diddy, fox, falco mainly)

ive got some sick spikes (yes i called them sick.. at least they are sick for me XD) recorded, if i ever get to know a way to pass the replays from the tv to my computer id post em

Levitas

the moon
lol, if someone figures out a way to convert file types from the one used by Nintendo to an AVI or whatever, that would be amazing. (like what's been done with pictures)

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Dair sends them down pretty slowly from my experience. I could just be doing it wrong.
And Bair is a(n) -itch to land.

Though if you're set on learning how to spike, def go with Bair.

Dark Zell

Smash Rookie
I don't even try to spike with dair. I always use bair for spikes and even though it is a bit tough, it is very rewarding.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
The B-air spike is hit or miss mostly. I spike a lot with D-air against characters that don't get a lot of horizontal (marth particularly) or don't go up very quickly with their recoveries to give me to more chances to gimp.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Bair is the spike i use, im pretty sure its a sweetspot thing but im not 100% certain, i think if you hit with the very bottom of the Bair it will spike them pretty fast. but yeah i never use Dair to spike, mostly as a defensive move.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Hm, I have always felt the sweetspot and timing for b-air was right when his leg becomes horizontal and a little bit after, the sweetspot being just under his foot (where it makes contact of course).

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
I use both of the spikes equally, maybe the dair a little more since its so much easier to pull off.

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
The sweetspot in the Bair is when the hexagon things start to appear and when the leg is between the duration of this ( l ) and this ( \ ). All else will hit then up.

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
lol, if someone figures out a way to convert file types from the one used by Nintendo to an AVI or whatever, that would be amazing. (like what's been done with pictures)
Its called mediaconverter.com I go there to get all the songs for my mp3 (I get the youtube vids and have them converted to mp3 format). Just get the vids on your computer and upload them to the cite and convert them to a wmv format.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol full hop dair, double jump dair, falling dair with zero lag is amazing.

Anyhow for all of you looking for Bair's sweetspot, it can spike at literally any point of it. I've spiked people who were directly below me with the very end of the move as well as just about every other point in the move. It has more to do with hitting with the tip of your foot in the hexagon. It's really not that hard to get down once you practice it a little bit. I find it most useful against characters with predictable recoveries. Occasionally you can get someone by ftilt or jab combo off the edge and immediately going for a Bair spike that they'll jump into. It really helps if they're moving toward you for Bair spikes.

If you spike with Dair make sure you ALWAYS follow it up. It's really weak so people can recover from it almost always. I usually like to have a Bair spike ready for them to jump into.

Top Bottom