• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas? Charrrrge!

SonicLuigi

Smash Journeyman
either green hill zone or mushroom kingdom
I dunno, it's hard for me to choose, they are all so unique....mostly. Super Sonic and Volt Tackle look nearly the same. But I love that they used Wario-Man
yea they look nearly the same, but when pikachus fsmash is over he cant do anything its like an up b, but in a sonic vid i say, he did his fsmash then after jumped..so they look similar but are fairly different

Nj Hudz

Smash Apprentice
lol, i wonder how he says CHHAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nj Hudz

Smash Apprentice
Oh sorry STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTORRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Maybe before you typed that it didn't cross your mind that they would be clones. They couldn't change Ness's moveset completely! Every character keeps there old moveset if they are a veteran. OK, just think: if Lucas has Ness's moves, that would mean that Ness would not be in, since he would not have his original moves. You just watch, when Brawl comes out, everyone will say "Hey! Where's Ness?"
HELLO! Look at luigi! Why can't Ness keep his same moves he always did? Luigi didn't change much between SSB64 and Melee, other than his side special.

Ness is out, get over it!

Sakurais DID confirm him to be out, read the quote. And there's a thread somewhere around here that proves he's out again. It mentions the translation from the japanese site saying something like "Until this point in time"

I say a Ness color scheme for Lucas as an alt costume.
Once again, you are totally making things up. What the translation says is
Lucas is near it though there is a character "Ness" that appears in
current Smash Bros.
PK is used, and this family.
He might as well have said "You probably know Ness from his appearences in SSB64 and Melee". It's only saying that Ness has been in the series before.
NESS IS NEITHER CONFIRMED NOR BUSTED YET, so stop lying.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Why do you keep saying I'm lying and making things up? Just because I can accept reality and realize that Ness is gone. Most of the other Ness fans in denial have figured it out recently, why can't you?

edit: The thread said that translation, but after checking myself, the japanese site uses the exact word "FORMER".

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
He couldn't keep his own moves because Lucas already has them! God, read what the site says.
PK Fire is DIFFERENT
PK Freeze is DIFFERENT
PSI Magnet is DIFFERENT
Nearly every attack shown so far is DIFFERENT. Sure, he may be a little cloney, but remember how many clones were in Melee? They are NOT IDENTICAL.
Smashbros.com said:
But Lucas’s physical combat style is quite different. By which I mean, he does not have the same standard moves.
They are as different as Ganondorf and Captain Falcon. Sure their specials are similar, but nearly every other attack has unique properties and movements.
You can't say Ness is guaranteed out just because Lucas is in, even if he was supposed to replace him in Melee. And I'm not just a Ness fanboy.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Maybe before you typed that it didn't cross your mind that they would be clones. They couldn't change Ness's moveset completely! Every character keeps there old moveset if they are a veteran. OK, just think: if Lucas has Ness's moves, that would mean that Ness would not be in, since he would not have his original moves. You just watch, when Brawl comes out, everyone will say "Hey! Where's Ness?"
uhmm...there not clones....Ness's Dsmash is called "Walk The Dog" where he fights with a Yo-Yo and hits both sides.....Lucas's dsmash on the other hand........is what Sakurai calls a PK Barrage (actual name not confirmed yet) that hits only one side...(unless further noticed).....Ness's strong up is a one-hit double fist move (forgot the name)...while Lucas's strong up is a PK Flip Kick (actual name not known).........yeah....where's the clone in that????

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
HELLO! Look at luigi! Why can't Ness keep his same moves he always did? Luigi didn't change much between SSB64 and Melee, other than his side special.

Once again, you are totally making things up. What the translation says is

He might as well have said "You probably know Ness from his appearences in SSB64 and Melee". It's only saying that Ness has been in the series before.
NESS IS NEITHER CONFIRMED NOR BUSTED YET, so stop lying.
You used a crappy translator. The japanese version of Lucas's SM begins with Ima (now) made (until)

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Why are we tlaking about Melee clones here? It's only burying Ness's grave deeper, considering there are no clones in Brawl.

Give it up, everything is againast you.

-The Dojo says he's gone in every language
-Lucas took his moves
-No clones, so Ness isn't going to clone him anyway
-Lucas was replacing Ness in Melee until Mother 3 got delayed. So now he does.

Seriously, there's nothing that could even hint at the possibility of Ness not being given the boot.

Nj Hudz

Smash Apprentice
sorry i didnt know, ive seen tons of screwups on the boards and none of those were corrected apparantly. and the reason i said CHARGE instead of starstorm is because thats what the thread is called.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Exactly. I should stop wasting my time trying to reason with them since they obviously won't listen, and besides, I already told you what I think about Lucas's Final Smash.

*unsubscribes*
Who knows if you'll read this, but he was talking about you. You guys are the one grasping at straws. We have the right stuff to back up our claims and you guys got "omg some of his B moves are slightly different, even though they're the same."

Ger-Bah

Smash Rookie
Man o' nam. There is no bloody thread on this forum that does not degenerate into bickering and name-calling, or tired ol' memes. I'm getting really tired of hearing the Ness debate, both sides actually. I'd love if people just didn't bring it up for arguments sake, because we honestly don't know one way or the other until Brawl is actually released. Sorry about that, back on track.

Glad to see Lucas' final smash is awesome... Sauce. But I am peeved that it's not PK Love, but I suppose Lucas has NONE of his moves anyhow. At least Ness got his bat and PK Flash. It also may have been brought up already, but it looks like Lucas can still move during his final smash! That seems even MORE devastating, just run up and grab someone and chuck them into the midst of it!

Nj Hudz

Smash Apprentice
honestly guys, sakurai said ness was in all the games UP UNTIL NOW!!!!!!!!! HE DECOMFORMED NESS SO STOP TRYING TO PROVE THE CREATOR WRONG!!!!!!!!!

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
OK, smashes don't have anything to do with clones! Only signature moves, or B moes, count! Mario and Luigi were clones, but they had different smashes! Stop arguing.
WTF?!?!?! YEAH EVERY SINGLE MOVE COUNTS DUMBA@$$!!!! BUT FOR MARIO AND LUIGI IT WASNT JUST THE SMASHES, IT WAS AIR ATTACKS, STANDARD COMBO, AND STRONG ATTACKS!!

EDIT: OH YEAH!!! AND THE GREEN MISSLE MOVE! IF U THINK A CHARACTER IS ONLY A CLONE THORUGH SPECIAL MOVES AND IF U SSAY IF LUIGI IS CLONE OF MARIO, THE PLZ EXPLAIN Y LUIGI DOESNT HAVE A CAPE?!

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Luigi is a clone of Mario because, outside of smash. They were already clones. Except now Mario will have FLUDD and I'm sure Luigi will have his vacuum.

Top Bottom