• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas? Charrrrge!

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
You're just saying Lucas sucks because he replaced Ness. What's wrong with him? Sure, he has a few different attacks, and he looks different, but that's it! He's a clone. If you liked Ness, you may as well be him.

I haven't looked into Lucas at all really, but is all his aerial attacks and moves with that little hexagon thing a disjointed hitbox of like an energy thingy?

Because if so, he might be pretty good.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I think so, if he's anything like Ness at all. Which he is.

Ness won't be in the game. Get used to it people.
Agreed on no Ness.

His hitbox looks bigger than Ness's was, but then again I haven't even played Melee in a long time.

In advance, congrats on your 1,000 posts.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
maybe becouse Sakurai doesnt care to much about america, and because he helped doing Mother 3, and because he planned to remplace Ness with Lucas in Melee, and because Mother 3 was/is like really famous in Japan, and because Lucas is cooler (that last one is my opinion, and because..., and because...:p).
Well whatever he is the maker of the game so it's up to him, but i still don't like the idea of adding lucas, go figure

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Yea lucas does look better then ness, since he has to ice thing, and now he can hold on to the stage with his snake thing, like samus and link maybe.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of the older posts, what about this one:

http://smashboards.com/blog/2006/06/23/what-sakurai-didnt-want-you-to-find-out/#comments

If there is suppose to be only two third party characters... or a few more than two third party characters, then who do you think will be the last 3rd parties to make it in Brawl.

I'm hoping Crash Bandicoot. He could use a little more popularity.:chuckle:
:joyful: ROFL

But seriously, all my top picks are from Capcom, mostly.

I think so, if he's anything like Ness at all. Which he is.

Ness won't be in the game. Get used to it people.
You obviously are unfamilar with the concept of "deconfirmed". Don't put words in Sakurai's mouth. Ness isn't deconfirmed any more than Marth or, hell, even Pichu. We have no concrete proof either way.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
Cool move. I like area of effect smashes like Lucas's and Ice Climber's.

Kraid Guy

Smash Lord
I am a minion of Ridley and live on the Space Pira
Uh, why would it be anything other than his down special, like Mario's new backpacky thing?
You don't even know what FLUDD is?

You obviously are unfamilar with the concept of "deconfirmed". Don't put words in Sakurai's mouth. Ness isn't deconfirmed any more than Marth or, hell, even Pichu. We have no concrete proof either way.
Marth doesn't have a chance either. They call the reason "Ike".

I don't think Ness has a chance either because Lucas has all of Ness's moves, he would be a clone if they added him, and Sakurai kind of hinted that he wouldn't be in.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord

I don't think Ness has a chance either because Lucas has all of Ness's moves, he would be a clone if they added him, and Sakurai kind of hinted that he wouldn't be in.
....,.he only has the special moves..not all of Ness's Moves....................................and Marth can still be confirmed......AND NO SAKURAI DID NOT FACKING HINT HE WOULD BE OUT!!!!!

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord

You know my reason for Ness not having a chance? Sakurai saying he wasn't going to be in this game. THE END.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
You know my reason for Ness not having a chance? Sakurai saying he wasn't going to be in this game. THE END.
Blatant lies. Translate from the other languages. I would quote them, but firefox crashed twice and I'm sick of doing it all over.

Also there's no reason to eliminate a character from a franchise that has ONLY ONE REP. What, so if Dr. Stewart (just for example, I dunno who's popular) shows up, no more Captain Falcon?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
and tell me where in fact did u happen to find this exact quote???? D=<

and i swaer to god if that's "Up Until Now" quote i will forever smack u with a Harisen
read this post.

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3349709&postcount=128

So what if Sakurai said "Wavedashing was in melee, but it's not going to be in brawl"??? Doesn't that mean it won't be in Brawl? If you say something was in the first two smashes and it's not going to be in this one, that pretty much deconfirms a character.

I'm not eliminating Ness because because of another rep. I, and every other person who reads the Dojo that isn't a crazed Ness fan in denial, take Sakurais word that he wouldn't be in. If Sakurai never deconfirmed him, I'd think he still had a chance.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
read this post.

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3349709&postcount=128

So what if Sakurai said "Wavedashing was in melee, but it's not going to be in brawl"??? Doesn't that mean it won't be in Brawl? If you say something was in the first two smashes and it's not going to be in this one, that pretty much deconfirms a character.
He NEVER SAID "Ness is out". Period. And until he does EXPLICITLY, we don't know for sure. So don't act like we do.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
He friggin said that Ness has been in every game up until this one. How is it so hard to understand? Listen to Chi's Finest. He makes longer posts, and he's awesome.
Up until means alot of things....and because u brought it up.........* smacks u with a Harisen*

I'm not eliminating Ness because because of another rep. I, and every other person who reads the Dojo that isn't a crazed Ness fan in denial, take Sakurais word that he wouldn't be in. If Sakurai never deconfirmed him, I'd think he still had a chance.
WE are not Ness fans in Denial.......we already kno that Sakurai said that Lucas was going to replace Ness in Melee ..........HOWEVER...this is not Melee...and Sakurai probably in fact changed his mind about replacing him or not......but u should realise that this Sakurai we're talking about....and he's pretty confusing with his mind games....so there are only two ways that Ness is not a PC.................. one is if we get the game and unlock every character and Ness is still not there, or If on the DOJO site Sakurai confirms him as an AT.......but dont u dare say that he's going to be out period...

EDIT: and one more thing...MOTHER 3 for the N64 was first cancelled in 2000....and revived for the GBA in 2003 (released in 2006)....so that really doesnt count as a delay ...if it was still for the N64 then it would still be count as an delay

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Up until means alot of things....and because u brought it up.........* smacks u with a Harisen*

WE are not Ness fans in Denial.......we already kno that Sakurai said that Lucas was going to replace Ness in Melee ..........HOWEVER...this is not Melee...and Sakurai probably in fact changed his mind about replacing him or not......but u should realise that this Sakurai we're talking about....and he's pretty confusing with his mind games....so there are only two ways that Ness is not a PC.................. one is if we get the game and unlock every character and Ness is still not there, or If on the DOJO site Sakurai confirms him as an AT.......but dont u dare say that he's going to be out period...

EDIT: and one more thing...MOTHER 3 for the N64 was first cancelled in 2000....and revived for the GBA in 2003 (released in 2006)....so that really doesnt count as a delay ...if it was still for the N64 then it would still be count as an delay
QFT
"up until now" may be inclusive (i.e. UP TO AND INCLUDING), but so far any info on Ness's inclusion or omission is mere speculation, and every language has it a different way.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
QFT
"up until now" may be inclusive (i.e. UP TO AND INCLUDING), but so far any info on Ness's inclusion or omission is mere speculation, and every language has it a different way.
that is tru....but u wanna kno what really hate besides ppl saying that since Lucas is in Brawl Ness is deconfirmed?

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
We never said he wouldn't be an AT! He has a very good shot at that. But I still believe that Ness won't be in the game. What else does until now mean, besides meaning he won't be a PC? You guys need to support your theories.
keyword: BELIEVE. I don't mind people having theories, but when they try to pass it off as FACT it really makes me mad.
As for me, I would be a little disappointed if they drop Ness as playable, unless Paula, Poo, or any of the other Mother characters shows up.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, it's hard for me to choose, they are all so unique....mostly. Super Sonic and Volt Tackle look nearly the same. But I love that they used Wario-Man

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
keyword: BELIEVE. I don't mind people having theories, but when they try to pass it off as FACT it really makes me mad.
same here...that...and how alot of ppl also say that if Ness is in, He'll be a clone of Lucas, or that Lucas is Ness's Clone... even both of those theories are which in fact NOT tru

Kraid Guy

Smash Lord
I am a minion of Ridley and live on the Space Pira
Maybe before you typed that it didn't cross your mind that they would be clones. They couldn't change Ness's moveset completely! Every character keeps there old moveset if they are a veteran. OK, just think: if Lucas has Ness's moves, that would mean that Ness would not be in, since he would not have his original moves. You just watch, when Brawl comes out, everyone will say "Hey! Where's Ness?"

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Ness is out, get over it!

Sakurais DID confirm him to be out, read the quote. And there's a thread somewhere around here that proves he's out again. It mentions the translation from the japanese site saying something like "Until this point in time"

I say a Ness color scheme for Lucas as an alt costume.

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
This is one of my favorite Final Smashes. :)

I plan on making Lucas one of my mains. Even more so if Ness in removed (Which I hope he isn't). :(

Well, seeing this on "The Summit" stage should be cool, sliding down the mountain and mid-way, you get a meteor shower, whilst sliding down the mountain. XD

OMG, that will be so fun.... I NEED BRAWL NOW. Curse, Nintedo of Europe....give me Brawl in the U.K. in March. :(

Top Bottom