• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's wall cling and wall jump - Broken **** - Lucario will NEVER die!

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lucario can officially never die unless he dies from the initial force of an attack.

Spike? Unless the spike itself sends him into the abyss, he can just use his 2nd jump into an Up B into a wall cling if the Up B isn't enough to bring him back onstage/to the ledge, as long as the stage itself isn't just a flat strip of nothing!

I tried it out on Final Destination. Works like a charm.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Yeah, it's definitely a nice feature, but it's not really broken. Think about how Pit's recovery and Rob's recovery handles? Heck, Pit and Rob can escape trouble by literally going underneath stages. Lucario's recovery requires a lot more thinking to avoid getting hit while coming back in comparison.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, it's definitely a nice feature, but it's not really broken. Think about how Pit's recovery and Rob's recovery handles? Heck, Pit and Rob can escape trouble by literally going underneath stages. Lucario's recovery requires a lot more thinking to avoid getting hit while coming back in comparison.
You don't understand, his wall jump is as long and far as his 1st jump. Yes, that far. The wall cling jump is the same as your wall jump. So, he can pretty much Up B into a wall jump into another Up B on, say, Final Destination.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Oh yeah. I just tested it out and you're right. You can't Up B after an Up B wall cling. Still, pretty good **** :p.
Thought so. Yeah, it's really good, and it gives Lucario more options when recovering, but like I said, it's nothing in comparison to Pit and ROB.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Lucario does have some nice recovery options, but the start up on Extreme Speed is pretty bad. Just make sure you are clear when you try to use it. You have to be smart about using it. It doesn't have instant start-up like Mewtwo's. However, you cannot be hit out of it once you get it off.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Well yeah, but he was saying that so you don't mindlessly put yourself in a situation in which you would get hit.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Well yeah, but he was saying that so you don't mindlessly put yourself in a situation in which you would get hit.
Exactly my point.

I was just letting everyone know that it isn't like Mewtwo's teleport where you are invulnerable during the start-up. There is about a one second start up time that you have to compensate for. Sorry for not being more clear.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I just want to point out that I'm pretty sure Diddy Kong can wall cling too. At least he was the first character we noticed to stay on the wall for a long period of time.

GoodMornEvery1

Smash Cadet
Lucario dies just as much as everyone. and FYI, its a LOT harder to kill EVERYONE. recovery is far easier in brawl. especially for pit, meta knight, pokemon trainer, lucario, fox, robot, ike, and uh... oh! game and watch and kirby and dedede and jigglypuff. pretty much the only way to kill now is initial contact or edge guarding. Attaks have more knockback too. Lucario CAN die fairly easy though. he's pretty slow. He definately has SOME of the best potential in the game though.

edit:
oh, and his up b jump isnt spectacular, so his wall cling only works sometimes. The game is pretty balanced as far as I can tell. (except for god**** meta knight, that cheap *******) lucario's final smash is crazy though. he hyper beams and it sucks you in if you get hit! I stopped using smash balls cause they get cheap.

Jeanko

Smash Rookie
about cheap lucario final smashes not really...heck the cpu lvl 9 even avoided it...you just gotta head to a screen edge eother left or right and slowly jump-2nd jump-upB and ur saved....and ive practiced dodging most final smashes once u understand the mechanics they arent cheap..bbesides the way we all go crazy to get em is sooo cool looking lol...anyway i also dont think his recovery is broken...its post lagg is very painful especially against speedy heavy hitters like wolf so yup..its really balanced .

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
what if the person edgegaurds and kicks him as he uses his up b to get to the ledge? or if while hes holding on the ledge hogger drops down and hits him while he holds on?

RazeveX

Smash Ace
yeah, lucario has one huge wall jump...

playing a lvl 9 lucario on snakes level, he went straight up and started jumping at the top of the walls.

i figured he had to come down eventually.

BUT HE DIDNT.

So, i broke the walls. THAT SHOWED HIM.

Shadowlyger

Smash Cadet
That's one smart CPU... Had that been, say, Snake, he could have started lobbing grenades at you from up there.

THAT'S AWESOME. Uber-intelligent computer players. Finally, a REAL challenge!

(This is coming from a casual player who has nobody else to play SSB with =/)

Top Bottom