• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's TTR Thread

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I love how it's such a big de-

...wait flamey what the hell are you implying?
this is the closest you'll ever get to finding out what Flamey talks about behind your back.

ive.... been using this charge canceling thing too. unfortunately, im not much use am i?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Really? I don't remember

edit: oh yeah, you did do it a couple of times with Nappy. imo your videos are the best for looking at the snake v. Lucario MU (then again, there's none really out there besides that one w/ Zucco and that meh one).
<_<

I believe in you double D!

Zucco

Smash Master
When people are planking and waiting for an opportunity to get back up, I charge my AS with my back turned away from the ledge, but spaced enough so that I can cancel the AS charge and hit them with Fsmash.

quick example even though I hate this video so much
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMgFViEkPd0&#t=1m25s

ill practice more since I noticed my shield came out during the AS cancel lol

ALSO I HAD A LULZY SET WITH ALLY BUT CHIBO NEVER PUT IT UP! first game was alright, got him down to last stock 50ish % but game 2 was terrible lololol. ive gotten better at the snake MU since then though. This set happened months ago.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
sorry for necro bump:

theory: Diddy actually is BETTER on SV than FD against Lucario
reasons:
I'm going to have to disagree. I generally beat Diddy here, and have a remarkable win ratio against not only ADHD, but all Diddy Kong players I've ever fought here, as both Marth and MK.

Diddy's bubble of control is about this big:

Picto is about this big

FD is about this big

Smashville is about this big

I greatly feel that Smashville is Diddy's best stage. ADHD has the highest win ratio against me here. FD is pretty good, but I prefer to go there over Smashville. I think that FD is better for Diddy than MK, and Smashville buffs MK as it does Diddy. Hence, FD is better in that particular MU. Overall, I think Smashville might be better for Diddy though, when you compare to the rest of the cast. His ability to control so much area is silly, but it's mitigated when there is a lot of area to escape to. Since his bubble eventually disappears and leaves a slight opening, or he creates an opening when moving it, I prefer to have more space. It's not that hard to NOT get banana locked, and if you watch matches at higher level play, it doesn't happen often (and isn't THAT much damage anyway). D3's chaingrab results in MUCH more profitable damage. Diddy prefers to just keep you under constant pressure by controlling the space around.

tl;dr

If the size of the stage extends past the amount of space Diddy can control, you can deal with Diddy easier simply by playing patiently.
This is marth speaking, but the thing stressed here is HOW MUCH DIDDY CONTROLS.
I noticed this myself, I'd at first ban/strike FD immediately, only to get taken to SV, when I noticed I started losing far more against Diddy on this stage
-the platforms hardly does anything to mess up his banana game/locks/camping (if you've seen a good diddy work this stage, it's far from "even".
-smaller blastzones makes for slightly easier killing
-The ability to have a banana throw reach farther while on a still VERY flat stage means more reach + power for Diddy
-peanut doesn't get crippled by platform whether by virtue of approach or more shark-esque strats
- unlike ICs, there's no purpose on camping the plat lol
-plat can actually HELP him recover on his end more and sometimes improve his edgeguard game

Whereas FD I goofed up and forgot to ban it one tournament and I noticed that I actually WON, and from there I toyed with it a couple of times:

-Longer stage = more combined AS + banana defensive situations
-larger blastzones
-reach is more limited for Diddy and more opportunities to camp back
-no plat to help give him more options.
-large layout + a decent camp game when coupled with bananas makes for strong benefits to a patient player against Diddy.

As a character w/o any method of camping or projectiles, I would probably still say ban FD against Diddy, but I think some of the tradeoffs are worse.

This sounds totally nuts but...

I'm really going to rile these two stages against the tons of Diddies I fight and see if this theory is true.

If not, back to the drawing board lol.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
yeah i had the same idea as well. i should really talk to pierce again on aim. i like how he thinks. oh yeah I'm gonna revive this thread so some of my weekends will be focused on this. let's make this big guys i'll get a layout for this soon

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Revival time.

Well I was testing if we had any reset options, or how we can set up into a reset and we do. It's BAS, and I don't know how DI dependent this is since I don't have a partner to practice this with, but I've been able to get off fair-fast fall bas - fsmash. Mainly on heavies and semi floaties. Can anyone help me test this out, if you want I can make a quick vid of it, but I think you guys should be able to figure it out.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Correct, I should've mention that. Also keep our aura in the factor as well. Since it depends on their percentage as well as ours. I tested this when I was at 0-75-max out, obviously gotten different results, but still a nice guarantee kill at mid and max out aura.

Tested it on Snake, Dedede, Falco, Fox, Wolf, Donkey Kong, Ike and Marth so far.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Oh ****, I almost forgot. At the GnG tourney last weekend, I was playing against Sin's olimar in a friendly, and when he was dthrowing me, apparently I got out of it, while Olimar was still in the animation. I don't know if it was a fluke or something, but we were in the middle of battlefield when it happen. I think we got it recorded, I'm gonna see if Nappy can upload that vid, or try to test it out if it is possible or not.

Top Bottom