• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's Moveset Guide ! Includes data on multiplicators and pictures !

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman

I made long researches on training mode and, like I did on the Kirby boards, I created this thread to show you perfect data on all of his attacks.

I - Full moveset
II - Aura multiplicator
III - Combos
IV - Taunts and colors

I - Full Moveset :

Before beginning, there are five points you must know :
- First, at first I used the game's damage counter to calculate the damages. However, the damages are not exact numbers, they are fractions of numbers. When an attack does 4.9% for example, the game will display 4. But the next 9 attacks will do 5%. So to calculate the damages, I did 10 attacks in a row, and then divided by 10 the total damage. And then rounded like this : x.0 to x.3 > x ; x.4 to x.6 > x.5 ; x.7 to x.8 > x+1
- Second, no, the percentages does not include the spamming diminution, because all of these tests were made on training mode, where it does not apply.
- Third, all of the kill percentages were done on a idle Mario standing in the middle of Final Destination.
- Fourth, I think you're all aware that Lucario's Aura moves become better with his damage. So for each attack, there will be two damage percents, like this : xx-xx%. The first number is at 0%. The second number is his maximum. Check part III for more info about his damage multiplicator.
- Finally, I do not have an official list of the names of the attacks so I invented them ^^

Regular A attacks

A (Left Jab) : 2-4%

Just the regular Jab. Doing it alone is not clever, because you can quickly combo to a Left Jab and a Kick just by holding A.

A,A (Right Jab) : 1.5-3%

Not much to say. If you hold A and an enemy get hit by one of your Left Jabs, Lucario will then do a Right Jab and then go to the Kick.

A,A,A (Kick) : 3.5-7%, 7-14% for the whole "hold A" combo.

When an opponent is close the "hold A" combo is good. It does a decent amount of damage and can be comboed into something else.

Dash A (Running Kick) : 10% (or 7%). Kills at 262%.

This attack does good damage and decent knockback, but it has a major flaw : it's not an Aura attack. That mean it will not be affected by Lucario's multiplicator, and will always stay at 10% damage. Too bad. The kick sends the opponent flying in the opposite direction you are heading to. It's still good to combo into Forward Aerials.
Note that if you hit with the end of the attack, it will only do 7% and almost no knockback. It's hard to land but can be useful to combo into Up-Tilts.

Tilt attacks

Side Tilt (Punch) : 9-20% (or 5.5-11%)

It does decent damage and good knockback. Good as a quick way to attack when the opponent is approaching.

Up Tilt (Roundhouse Kick) : 4-8.5%

This move does almost no knockback, so it's really good to juggle someone at low percents However, the only way I've found to link to this is by using a non-sweetspotted Dash A, which is hard :/ Maybe with an Up Throw.

Down Tilt (Low Kick) : 5-10%

It has less damage and less range than the Side Tilt, so it's not really useful, especially now Crouch canceling is gone. I only used it to attack while crawling to avoid lasers.

Smash attacks

Side Smash (Aura Punch) : 10-19.5% (or 11-22%). Kills at 176-82% (or at 155-68% !).

This is a good move. It sends far, it's a great killing move. It has a small lagg on the beginning, but not that much.
Note that this attack has a sweetspot if you hit with the flame instead of the punch, that is, at the side of the attack. If you can make it, it will send really far and can kill at less than 70% if you're fully powered !

Up Smash (Aura Uppercut) : 9-18%. Kills at 177-84%.

Another good Smash. It has a good upward range, but only upward. It will almost never hit to the sides. It has as much knockback as the Side Smash.

Down Smash (Aura, huh... Double Deuce ?) : 10-20%. Kills at 176-82%.

Maybe Lucario's best Smash. It's like a Side Smash, but on both sides. However, it has a little less range, and no sweetspot. Choosing between Down Smash or Side Smash is really a circumstance issue.

Aerial attacks

Neutral Air (Aura Whirwind) : 7.5-15.5%. Kills at 220-115%.

It a good move, that hits all around you for good damage and good knockback. However, it has a horrible ending lagg ! More than one second ! Not really good to combo. using it as you fall on the ground to cancel most of the lagg is the best solution. Shff'd Neutral Air are pretty good.

Front Air (Aerial Kick) : 3.5-7%

This move has really low damage, but also almost no knockback, so you can do it two or three times in a row. Easily comboable.

Back Air (Back Punch) : 8.5-17% (or 7-12.5%). Kills at 203-101%.

It does good damage and good knockback, but it has a terrible starting lagg, around half a second. Plus, the attack itself doesn't last long, because if you hit slightly after the flame appears, it will do much less damage and knockback. It's hard to use it, so it's not that good.

Up Air (High Kick) : 7-14%. Kills at 220-115%.

This is a great killing move when you're airborne. Remember the killing percentages were made on the ground, so, when you hit somebody in the air, it can kill even easier ! Also, it can be the last move of a combo. Almost everything can lead to it. Down Throw to Up Air, Dash A to Up Air...

Down Air (Aura Stomp) : 11-22%. Kills at 209-105%.

This move is really weird, because it will totally stop your momentum, meaning you'll be immobile while you do this attack. This can lead to really interesting attacks, like, dash to short hop to Down air. It's also a good killing move.

Grab and Throws

Grab A (Bite) : 0.5-1% per hit, 2-5% per second.

The Grab Attack comes really fast. I suggest you try two or three of these before attempting a throw, you could do up to 5 additional damage.

Forward throw (Quick Throw) : 7-14%. Kills at 265-141%.

Even if it's weak at first, when you are at 70% damage, it becomes better than the Back Throw. It's a great and convenient way to throw someone in a direction. If you're fully charged, you can use it as a quick way to kill near the edge of the stage, but if you're not charged, you should use the Back Throw.

Back Throw (Reversal Crush) : 10%. Kills at 191%.

This move is not an Aura move, so it's not affected by the multiplicator. It's still great when you're not charged. At 70% damage, the Forward Throw will become better than this throw, so you should stop using it.

Up Throw (High Throw) : 4-8.5%. Kills at 401-239%.

Low damage, low knockback, it's really not a great throw. Even when you're fully charged, it's worst than the Down Throw, which is not an Aura move ! However, it sends directly over Lucario, so it's convenient to combo. Up Throw to Up Air is a really good killer combo.

Down Throw (Floor Crush) : 10%. Kills at 399%.

It's a physical move, not affected by the multiplicator. However, it's still great, because first, it does good damage, better than the Up Throw even when you're fully charged, and second, because it sends opponents in a slightly diagonal direction, where it's so easy to combo them using Forward Air.

Special Moves

B (Aura Sphere) : Uncharged : 5-10.5%. Charged : 13-26%, kills at 181-78%. When charging : 0.5-1% per hit, 7-15% per second.

Remember Mewtwo's Shadow Ball ? Take this, make it faster, and affected by the Aura multiplicator, and you have the Aura Sphere.
At first, it's not a powerful move. You can use it uncharged to rack up damage, but don't count on it to kill. But the best part is the Aura multiplicator. When Lucario is damaged, the damage, the knockback AND the size of the Aura Sphere increases. It's the move which is the most affected by the multiplicator ! Fully charged, it does double damage, 2.2x knockback and double size ! It becomes as big as Lucario :) Even uncharged shots can rack up damage quickly.
Note that if you charge an Aura Sphere, and then take damage, the Sphere you will shoot will be bigger, according to your current damage meter.
Also, like old Mewtwo's Shadow Ball, you can damage opponents when you charge your attack. It's not great at normal size, but when you have a big Sphere, it does great damage in no time. However I don't know who would be stupid enough to fall in it.
Here is a comparison between a 0% Lucario and a 200% Lucario :

Side B (Force Palm) : Grabbed : 9-18%, kills at 231-114%. Not grabbed : 6-12%.

When you are close to your opponent when using this move, Lucario will grab him, immobilizing him and adding damage. But you must be really close, or else Lucario won't grab. Thus, the key is to use this attack whenever your opponent has a bit of lagg. If you do a smash, your opponent will be able to stop you before the attack comes. If you use Force Palm, however, he will be unable to move and you will hit him.
Also, it can be chaingrabbed up to 30% (40% with bad DI). Good to start a life.

Up B (Extreme Speed) : No damage.

Although it's a good recovery move, if you use it when your opponent is edgeguarding, you'll be sent flying at an extreme speed (^^), because the lagg when you land is high. If you really have to use this, there are three ways to avoid the lagg. The best is to do this move towards the wall. You will cling to the wall and be able to wall jump to come back to the stage without being vulnerable. If you can't wall cling (too far from the walls, or no walls), use this move to sweetspot the ledge. It's pretty easy. If somehow you can't grab the ledge or cling to a wall (opponent is edgehogging), use this move towards the ground. This way, Lucario will bounce off the ground and be ready sooner, leaving you more chances of survival.

Down B (Double Team) : 9-18%. Kills at 162-80%.

This move is awesome, but risky. Here's how it works : As soon as you use it, if your opponent attacks you from ANY angle with ANY attack including one hit Final Smashes (and even Marth's Critical Hit !) will do nothing. Plus, Lucario will teleport a few steps in front of him and will do a running slash to the position he was before. If Lucario was airborne, the running slash will be oriented diagonally towards the floor.
However, this counter only lasts half a second. After this, you become vulnerable, for at least one second ! The trick in using this move, is to use it against really predictable attacks, like smashes.
But it's worth the effort, because it's one of Lucario's best knockback move, especially when fully charged.

Final Smash : Aura Storm

Damage : 10-21% while going up, 0.5-1.3% per laser hit (max 21-43%), 7-14% last laser hit. Kills at 65-0%.
While it looks really impressive, can catch multiple opponents in, and can kill at really low percentages, sadly, it's easily avoidable.
You can start the direction of the beam at 20% degrees from the vertical by moving the stick, but then, you have to slowly move the beam towards your opponent, and by the time you reach the end, your Final Smash is over. Your opponents will have 5 seconds to hide on the sides and you will do no damage.
To use this Final Smash in 1on1, I suggest using the small knockback while going upwards. When you have the Smash Ball, do an Up Throw on your opponent, then immediately use your Final Smash. He will have less time to escape, depending on his initial percentage.

This image shows the maximum angle at which you can start the ray :

This image show the maximum angle the ray can reach :

II - Aura multiplicator :

All of Lucario's attacks using Aura (the blue fire) have increased damage and knockback when Lucario has a high percentage. There are only three moves not affected by this multiplicator : his Dash A, his Back Throw, his Down Throw. These have fixed damage and knockback. For all the other attacks, here is how it works :
From 0% to 25%, the attacks are normal.
From 25% to 170%, the power of the attacks is slowly increasing. (x1.1 every 15%)
Over 170%, the damage and knockback are doubled, the knockback is variable between the attacks (x1.8 to x2.2, it depends).

Here is a quickly made graph to show you :

It's only approximative, you know.

III - Combos :

Dash A > Forward Air
Down Throw > Forward Air
Up Throw > Up Air
Up Throw > Final Smash
Up Throw > Up Tilt ? (At low percentages)

More ideas ?

IV - Taunts and colors :

Taunts :

Up Taunt :

Side Taunt :

Down Taunt :

Colors :

Feel free to ask me something to check.

Edit : Heh, this is my 200th post.

Faintz1337

Smash Rookie
Lucario's awesome. When I played against my brother, he picked Meta Knight and got a Smash Ball. Just as he swung his cape, I used the Down-B. The cape went past me, as if it didn't hit. I guess it counts as a dodge as well. ^_^

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Where did you get the name of Lucario's Down B? Did you give it that name or is that the offical name of that attack?

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
Someone plz go test this on other FSes
Down B (Inner Focus) :9-18%. Kills at 162-80%.
This move is awesome, but risky. Here's how it works : As soon as you use it, if your opponent attacks you from ANY angle with ANY attacks including one hit Final Smashes (and even Marth Critical Hit !) will do nothing.
I had already answered this :urg:

FreezePop

Smash Rookie
doesnt spamming the moves make them less powerful? did you hold that accountable?(is that the right word?lol)

and did you reset the percentages after each attack?

anyway definitley very very nice work thanks a bunch =]

twilightmystery

Smash Rookie
Hey I created a damage formula based off the results from some people which was if Lucario was at 50% he would have a multiplier of 1.25, 100% he would have a multiplier of 1.5, 150% he would have a multiplier of 1.75, and at 200% would be a multiplier of 2
Heres the formula to find the formula for Luacrio 's multiplier at any %:
((Lucario's %)/200)+1
Hope this helps :)

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
You can link up throw into Utilt at low %, you may want to add that since you said you haven't found anything that links into the move.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
doesnt spamming the moves make them less powerful? did you hold that accountable?(is that the right word?lol)

and did you reset the percentages after each attack?

anyway definitley very very nice work thanks a bunch =]
Moves are always at their max power in training mode.
- Second, no, the percentages does not include the spamming diminution, because all of these tests were made on training mode, where it does not apply.

You can link up throw into Utilt at low %, you may want to add that since you said you haven't found anything that links into the move.
I think it throws too far to combo into up tilt, even at low percentages, but I'll try.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to GTCoder awesome work with the bin to jpg converter, I'm able to take screenshots from the game !

I added images for all of the moves, and also made a small montage to show to max angle you can do with the Final Smash.

I also changed the special's names accordingly to the Dojo's recent info.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
Yes, the back air is tricky, because the starting lagg is so important you have to do the move before actually coming to your opponent, or else you will be stopped and punished. Plus, if you manage to do it, the reward is not that great. It's as powerful as an up air or a down air.

Top Bottom