• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's Move-set

SSBBKingster

Smash Apprentice
Lucario's moveset is the following (the ones knowned, if i miss one, u tell us)

b=aura sphere

Chepe

Smash Lord
It probably is Extremespeed, its like an aimable Fox Side B... I wish we could see his Side and Down special, but what can you do. His Final Smash is either Focus Blast or Flash Cannon, Im sure of it.

And before people start screaming Mewtwo clone, he only has a blue "aura spray" on some of his moves (mostly smash attacks) which is slightly similar to Mewtwo's dark spray on some of his moves. Besides that and his neutral B, they dont share much in common.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
The fluid attack motions coupled with Lucario's freakishly fast speed is really great, but what really scared me was the effectiveness of his DAir's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8cEeD7x1Bo

You can see in the fights against the Pit Legion and Wario that once his DAir connects the opponent just flies down. I'm guessing Lucario mains will try to take the fight to the side of the arena then use this, so hopefully air dodges can be used to evade it.

There's also the USmash and DSmash. The Usmash has some pretty neat reach and fairly strong, while the Dsmash looks to be AoE. Hopefully his moves are more impact instead of burn like Mewtwo.

kaid

Smash Master
His A-button movelist is stupendous IMO..

Just as I had been hoping for from the start, Lucario actually uses Asian martial arts maneuvers and attacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E5iEeigcuc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8cEeD7x1Bo
Neutral B- chargable and storable projectile. Hurts people while charging like Mewtwo's did.

Nair is fast, and seems to do 10-11%

Either an upsmash or a really fast grab-upthrow, deals 9%

Aura sphere moves faster than even Fox/falco's blaster from Melee, but apparently can be stopped by a hammer.

Upair is a my-foot-is-higher-than-my-head scissor kick, with a pretty good repeat rate. Deals ~12%

Something- either an Fair or Nair, is another kick, foot held close in front of him. Breaks Smash ball in three quick hits.

Final smash: giant beam of doom, down from above center stage. apparently aimable.

Wario fight: probably a back air, but it's partially maked by the "GO!" text. Deals 11%.

Punch-punch-kick combo. 2%, 1%, 4%

A kick similar to Samus/Captian falcon's up-tilt from Melee, but faster: 4%

Same 3 hit combo again, same damage.

Chargable upsmash. Resembles the "either smash or grab" move from last fight.

Backair: 16%

Chargable downsmash:

Grab-foreward throw resembles Marths. Deals 13%

-------------------------------------

I know I missed a few. any additions?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Lucario. . .has alot of freaky attacks that I can't really spell out. In a comp Falco v Comp Lucario fight he did some odd charge up and dashed. . .the moment he dashed a puff of blue arue shot upwards. He also dashed away from Falco once and to blast of blue arue followed his tracks as if it where a attack.

Freaky. . .he is the on'y pokemon with fur texture and has some of the oddest attacks I have seen seeing as Idk wth is happening half the time.

But don't take my word for it, those fights where too crazy to get a good read on anything.

GenG

Smash Lord
Lucario looks SICK. It seems like a very versatile character, plus he has style.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
He looks like he took a couple moves from Mewtwo... Obviously the Aura Sphere is basically Shadow Ball (and yes I did see it do damage while charging in one of the videos), but I think I also saw him do a move similar to Mewtwo's nair...

Although, from what I have seen, most of his moves are different... My first impression on that rising, curving move he did against Wario makes me think it's Extremespeed and most likely his ^B... I like the down smash (or tilt) where he did the double sphere...

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Neutral B- chargable and storable projectile. No info as to whether it hurts people while charging like Mewtwo's did.
It does, I don't recall which video it's in but I'll look for it as soon as I get back from class.

I definitely saw it hit someone while it charged though.

Black/Light

Smash Master
It does, I don't recall which video it's in but I'll look for it as soon as I get back from class.

I definitely saw it hit someone while it charged though.
Falco V Lucario one in a 4 Player FFA. It hurt Falco and the bomb Falco was holding went off, blowing them both up.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Here is a video of Lucario in training mode. You can clearly see all of his B moves, Smashes, and some aerials/tilts. His Final Smash is also used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZh2oWZacm4

His B moves appear to be....

B - Aura Sphere: Chargeable projectile attack.

^B - Extremespeed: Dashes in the direction you pressed for a good distance. I'm not sure if it has any damaging attribute to it....

vB - Reversal: He surrounds himself in an aura like cloak and warps behind and attacks whoever hits him. Counter style move.

>B - I'd like to say force palm, but I am not sure...... :confused: : He shoots an aura burst in front of him that damages and knocks back enemies.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
Lucario seems like a better version of Mewtwo, he seems strong and alot faster then Mewtwo!

U-B has to be ether Sky Uppercut or Extreme Speed

DEFINITELY 1 of my mains
It is extremespeed. it can be angled in any direction and he moves in a quick burst of speed. sky uppercut would only go up and be slower.

as far as a moveset, it seems that the above moveset is correct.

B Aura Sphere(obvious and main reason everyone keeps comparing him to Mewtwo)
B> Force Palm
B^ Extreme Speed
Bv Reversal

kaid

Smash Master
Using the videos posted in this thread...

B: Aura Sphere: Chargable storable projectile. Speed of projectile comparable to Samus's charge shot. Deals ~13 damage when fully charged, damages while charging.

^B: Extremespeed: Aimable recovery move. Good recovery time when used sideways on the ground. Direction can be curved in flight.

>B: Force palm: fast, covers about the same distance as Fsmash. Deals 7%

vB: Counter: Timing seems a bit tricky, but attacks the opponent from the opposite side. Deals 8%

A.A.A: Punch(2%)Punch(1%)Kick(4%). Knockback is up and away, power is comparable to Captian Falcon's rapid-A.

Downtilt: Does down on one knee, kicks foreward with the other. Damage unknown, knockback unknown.

Ftilt: (???) A overhead sweep kick, like Samus or Captian falcons, but faster and starting further back. deals 5%, with upward knockback. Good forewrd reach, which is why I'm not sure whether it's an Ftilt or Uptilt

Uptilt:

Dash A: Running slide kick, ends in splits. Damage 10%, knockback mostly upward.

Downsmash:

Fsmash: Reach of about two Lucario-heights, 16% when charged. 13% uncharged

Usmash: Upward knockback, starts fairly low. (at least waist height) Deals 9% uncharged

Ugrab:

Fgrab:

Dgrab:

Bgrab:

Nair: Tail is a hitbox, too. deals 10%

Fair: Foot foreward, fast, breaks Smash orb in 3 hits

Uair: A straight kick above his head. 9%, IIRC

Bair:

Dair: Fast, stops downward movement, and meteors. Deals 7%

Bahamut-Prime

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't quite call him a mewtwo clone but he's clearly there to replace mewtwo and many of his attacks are similar to or follow the same attack arc as mewtwo's
Also he looks like a reaaaaaally ugly wolf and much lamer than mewtwo but still seems like a solid character maybe he looks better in some other color options

Robble

Smash Cadet
Considering his Dair halts downward movement, or at least slows it way down if he's FFing, if he can jump immediately after using it that will be HUGE. I wonder if it halts all movement altogether, like if you're jumping upward and you use it do you fall downward right after? I also wonder if you can use it more than once, or if the first one is the only one that makes you stop...

For the sheer factor of being able to change your momentum it will be an awesome addition to his moveset. Any advantage you can use to land back on the ground safely is great, like dropping bombs as Samus.

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
His down B is some sort of counter move. It acts EXACTLY like Sasuke Uchiha's Sharingan counter move from the (Japan only) Nintendo game Battle Stadium D.O.N.

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
I wish they would've given him something other than counter. I don't find it to be that good of a move, and there are so many other better possibilities.

kaid

Smash Master
Someone mentioned that, if Lucario counteres in the air, he teleports to the ground. How does this work over the edge? is it an instant death, or what?

This is pretty much wishful thinking, but what if it teleported you back to the nearest solid ground? Being able to counter an edgeguarding projectile or shinespiker to teleport back to the stage would be something that defines a character.

Mike87

Smash Ace
Here is a video of Lucario in training mode. You can clearly see all of his B moves, Smashes, and some aerials/tilts. His Final Smash is also used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZh2oWZacm4

His B moves appear to be....

B - Aura Sphere: Chargeable projectile attack.

^B - Extremespeed: Dashes in the direction you pressed for a good distance. I'm not sure if it has any damaging attribute to it....

vB - Reversal: He surrounds himself in an aura like cloak and warps behind and attacks whoever hits him. Counter style move.

>B - I'd like to say force palm, but I am not sure...... :confused: : He shoots an aura burst in front of him that damages and knocks back enemies.

His down B seems the coolest out of his specials.

SSBB

Smash Cadet
Specials

Standard - Aura Sphere (Chargeable)
Side - Force Palm (Sends a wave along the ground [close range])
Up - Extreme Speed (Aimable [kind of like Fox/Falco])
Down - Me First (Counter, only works if being attacked)

Chepe

Smash Lord
I think that Down B is actually Me First. Because he dodges then swipes through the foe in a flash, and Lucario could have been the first Pokemon Gamefreak gave the move to. The move was introduced as "Anticipate" in Japanese and the only holder was Lucario when it was revealed...

Top Bottom