• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's Final Smash

Red Impact

Smash Cadet
Well, it looks like Flash Cannon works better in free for falls rather than one on one encounters. This video has a good example of it at 00:30 - 00:40 into it.

However, keep this in mind: His FS, like the rest of his attacks, get stronger (damage + knockback, to be specific) as he takes damage. The multiplier kicks in at 25% and doesn't cap off until he reaches 200% damage. The Lucario in that video was already at 66%, benefitting from 2 of them.

Basically, it makes a character with relatively few kill moves into one where almost all of them are. His FS at 0% damage won't knock out a soul, but at higher rates, you'll be knocking them out of the park.

Micahc

Smash Ace
^If his FS is like that, I think I might wet myself if he gets it above 200%...

Red Impact

Smash Cadet
^If his FS is like that, I think I might wet myself if he gets it above 200%...
Here's a video of what Flash Cannon does when he's at a lower percentage level. He's at 38% here, notice how he doesn't inflict as much damage or succeed in knocking out anyone here?

His FS seems to be highly situational, in that if you use it when you're 2 multipliers into the mix (50%+) and the other folks are at or above that, you've got yourself flying contestants.

And here we have him at ~120% and he easily knocks Ike out. I'm sure you've noticed but you can begin to aim the FS before the beam fires.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Dang... If Lucario gets stronger at higher %, with a pretty accurate FS (give or take a few situations), then we've got an awesome addition to the roster.

Gnight

Smash Journeyman
Take it from me, Lucario's Final Smash is indeed Focus Blast. Hyper Beam normally has a orangish color, Flash Cannon, like Solar Beam collects light and fires(however, it's not slow like Solar Beam), and Dragon pulse is shockwaves. Focus Blast, despite how it's depicted in the RPGs is blue. It's energy can be released as a ball(distinguishable from Aura Sphere) or a concentrated beam. Several moves can be used with this kind of variability, like Psybeam.

A Ursaring using Focus Blast. Of course, the move is much more effective coming from a pokemon like Lucario.

Red Impact

Smash Cadet
Dang... If Lucario gets stronger at higher %, with a pretty accurate FS (give or take a few situations), then we've got an awesome addition to the roster.
It's not "if" at this point, all his moves benefit from that passive ability. The thing you have to make sure of is to lay into them as much as possible (read: take full advantage of it).

I've seen some Lucario videos where they:

- Charge Aura sphere too much
- Throw too few times even though they're essentially being turtled by the opponent
- Overuse his smashes
- Don't evade/use ES as much as they shoud.

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
a friend of mine has brawl, i was playing as lucario all day.
i'm not that good, infact i'm fairly crap, but i can say that this FS seems like one of the weakest.

just run to the edge of the map and you can get hit for as little as 1 second.
pit can even just fly over lucario onto the other side and skip it entirely.

i'm not sure exactly how avoidable other finals are by skilled players, but on anything but a small flat map, this one is easy to dodge.

on small flat maps this gets about 3-4 secs on them

Justaway

Smash Apprentice
nobody says that you have to use it right away. you can implicate some tactics, like maybe throwing your enemy into the middle of the stage and then using it right away.

or maybe running to the opposite side of the stage, and when your foe comes running to steal your FS shoot an aura sphere to make him/her block and the use the armor pennetrating FS
(I don't have the game just coming with ideas)

Im just saying its probably not as bad as many of you make it sound, as long as you use it right.

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
So as confirmation Lucarios Final smash is affected by his ability. Right? beacause in the 60th bdcool187 video, the final smash compilation, Lucario was at 0%. And the attack did ABOUT 31%. I say about beacause there was damage done to Jigglypuff when he flew up, 4%. But Lucario did miss a bit too.
And In bdcool187 65th video, another compliation you can see at 66% Lucario did 42% damage.

So...yeaaah.....?

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking the FS might not be from the Pokemon franchise...something like Aurastorm or something in that vein.

Vollo

Smash Rookie
I completely agree with you. Besides, when he first uses it, the beam starts in the middle of the stage. By the time you get the beam to the character you're aiming at, it's almost over.
Just wait for someone to get to the middle of the screen i know its risky but it could make it much better.

JoeTang

Smash Cadet
You can target it before it starts firing. By tilting the control stick, let's say to the lower left, he will start shooting to the lower left. If you don't touch the control stick, he shoots straight down. It moves slowly though.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
When lucario uses the FS he says "hadou no chikara wo mirou" which loosely translates to " see the power of aura!". That makes me conclude that the FS includes aura and thus either is focus blast/aura blast but extremely buffed up or a totally made up move not in the pokemon games , flash cannon is not blue , it's silver since it's steel type and it's not a beam , it's more of a projectile and hyper beam is yellow and he'd shoot it from his mouth , not like a kamehhame ha , also it's not made out of aura since all pokemon can use it and they can't use aura...so him saying "see the power of aura" and then using an attack which doesn't use aura makes 0 sense.

I believe that this is a Smash-only attack using aura.

M.K

Level 55
When lucario uses the FS he says "hadou no chikara wo mirou" which loosely translates to " see the power of aura!". That makes me conclude that the FS includes aura and thus either is focus blast/aura blast but extremely buffed up or a totally made up move not in the pokemon games , flash cannon is not blue , it's silver since it's steel type and it's not a beam , it's more of a projectile and hyper beam is yellow and he'd shoot it from his mouth , not like a kamehhame ha , also it's not made out of aura since all pokemon can use it and they can't use aura...so him saying "see the power of aura" and then using an attack which doesn't use aura makes 0 sense.

I believe that this is a Smash-only attack using aura.
Volt Tackle isn't a blue ball in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Diamond/Pearl.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
Volt Tackle isn't a blue ball in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Diamond/Pearl.
Pikachu didn't have volt tackle in ruby and saphire , and pikachu doesn't say something during his FS that makes it being volt tackle illogical , lucario does say something that the attack being either flash cannon or hyper beam make no sense.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
http://www.feplanet.net/trophies.html

"Aura Storm (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Lucario's Final Smash. After flying off the screen, Lucario reappears in its center. He then launches a powerful Aura attack against all foes within a certain distance. The key to this attack is the ability to change its angle--it's a must to sweep slowly left and right to hit selected enemies multiple times. The last blow will send the victim flying away."

Debate over.
Indignant is a psychic.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman

Lucario's Final Smash. After flying off the screen, Lucario reappears in its center. He then launches a powerful Aura attack against all foes within a certain distance. The key to this attack is the ability to change its angle--it's a must to sweep slowly left and right to hit selected enemies multiple times. The last blow will send the victim flying away."

Debate over.
Indignant is a psychic.
Hehe , i knew it :D.

Platanos

Smash Cadet
The issue of aim is controversial with Lucario's FS.

Depending on whether you hit the opponent right away or slightly after can totally ruin the effect of Lucario's Final Smash and make it worthless.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Huh? I was right? Wow. Whatever. I think I remembered seeing a badly translated trophy list that had "Wavestorm" on it...Wave=Aura...there you go. I just can't remember if I saw this before or after I made that post.

Gnight

Smash Journeyman

That's...new....

Indignant is a psychic.
I don't understand.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
It's cool, but it's too generic. I would have prefered something like Bone Rush or Dark Pulse personally.

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
It's cool, but it's too generic. I would have prefered something like Bone Rush or Dark Pulse personally.
Thats a horrible representaion of Lucario, Lucario is the Aura Pokemon. And i dont think its generic. Nobody coulda gussed it, its original, its a special move made directly for his inclusion in brawll and not like a move like Volt Tackle or FireBlastHydroPumpSolarBeam that PT gots.

Vollo

Smash Rookie
when i used it at my friends house it was a lot better then most vids show it as. Im pretty sure the dojo says to tilt the stick before lucario starts to shoot the beam it will change the direction and that works as long as you do it quickly

Top Bottom