• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's Custom Moves

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So now we know that every character has three versions of each special. We do not know any of Lucario's, though, do we?

What kind of variants could we end up seeing? An AS alternate that stays at mid power and doesn't scale with Luc's aura boost (Focus Blast, Dragon Pulse, etc)? A version of Force Palm that can stun like in the games? There're a lot of possibilities, so what does everyone think we could see?

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
As I already created 9 8 more special moves specifically for Lucario in another thread, I'll copy/paste it to here.

Neutral Special:
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball (Mewtwo be hatin')
-Focus Blast

Up special:
-Extremespeed
-High Jump Kick
-Sky Uppercut

Forward Special:
-Force Palm
-Bone Rush (Like Marth's Dancing Blade)
-Metal Claw

Down Special:
-Double Team
-Counter
-Low Kick

I meant 8 not 9 ......

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Aren't double team and counter basically the same thing?

also from what we've seen aren't the special moves only different "effects' and the same animations?
Could be wrong on that ^

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
You're on the money about that. Most characters' alternate specials are just tweaked versions of their default ones. Only Palutena and the Mii Fighters have three different specials for each slot. So with that in mind, High Jump Kick, Sky Uppercut, Bone Rush, Metal Claw, and possibly Counter are out of the question.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
doubt they'd change much with his up b since it scales with aura.

like if you changed his up b would the other move scale with aura in a dif way?
just sounds like it'd take a ton of work with lucario more than other characters.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
NB:
1.Can't hold the charge but is faster.
2.Multi hits but less damage overall
SB:
1.Less range and paralyzes
2.Bigger hitbox with less damage
UB:
1.Goes farther no damage
2.Doesn't scale same range each time
DB:
More counter frames but weaker
Less counter frames and stronger

I get these are simple but they need to do this for 45-50+ characters.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
^ @ Jade_Rock55 Jade_Rock55 I actually like that considering this is for every character & those simple variations are understandable. I'm only worried about said Specials for multiple hit-boxes and uses for them due to AuraBoost% affecting all of his aura-based moves. NB Aura Sphere for example you still ASC (Aura Sphere Charge) per-say that ASC orb was a ticking hit-box maybe that would have a secondary effect of wind-box properties or magnetizing properties of bringing in characters closer to it.....Wait Magnetizing?!?! Confirmed Steel type :troll:.
SB Force Palm with some PKMN attack naming, either of those 2 effects could be Power-up punch / Metal Sound with the secondary effect of more % less grab time for easier mashing, while Metal Sound would be a dazing / paralyze doing no damage % like you've said.

UB ExtremeSpeed is awkward like @ Kami~ Kami~ said, those examples seem fine except the farther option which apparently already is a thing with Maximum AuraBoost% / MegaLucario.

DB Double Team's ideas are really cool tbh. I like the idea of simply changing the amount of counter / intangible frames for a different effect so bravo you have my upvote.:shades:

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Simple variations of Lucario's specials altered by the little effects plus AuraBoost%... Lucario could have more multiple-use priorities than any other character's special varations. AuraBoost% already makes them stronger now they would just need more bonus utility / mix-up or something.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord

Falconario Punch!!

It better be one of Lucario's customizable moveset because it's pretty awesome. I think it's called "Rising Fist" although it wasn't in Pokemon move list.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Let's luigi'fy Lucario & call it his very own Shoryuken! Could be a customization special for SideB or UpB (grounded). UpB being Shoryuken aka Rising Fist would be executed like any other shoryuken but would resemble the same purpose as Marth's Dolphin Slash. Not to mention this move is Lucario's U-smash in Project Melee since he's practically a Street Fighter character in Project M.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
You know I'm expecting a slower but homing version of Aura Sphere to be more of a reference to how the move works in Pokemon

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I had a few ideas, myself.

Standard Special: Aura Sphere

Variant 1: Aura Scattersphere
Lucario charges as normal...but instead of the sphere growing, additional ones form! He can create up to five baby Aura Spheres, to be released all at once in a wide spread shot, each sphere 15 degrees apart. An option that trades the power of a fully-charged AS for a means to cover more area.

Variant 2: Focus Blast
Hey, this isn't an aura move! Lucario charges up a copper-colored orb of unknown energy that is unaffected by his current aura state. It's always at the damage and knockback of a regular Aura Sphere at mid-boost, approximately where Kirby's version of AS sits.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Delzethin Delzethin Nice! I like it, I wanna add onto your variants of Aura Sphere concerning how each of them ties with the AuraBoost%.

Your Aura Scattersphere scaling off of AB% could increase the amount of BAS further passing from 5 making it even 10, all spread-shot like aura bubbles.:shades:

Your Focus Blast variant sounds cool & I'd only add on that it would never stale because it would have transcendent priority due to not scaling from AB%.

Edit: You're from St. Louis? Yo we gotta play each other some day!

Last edited:

Lanuigi

Smash Cadet
I have all of them...I got them for someone who likes Lucario. But he hasnt translated them yet so I'll wait for him to do that before showing them in a video

http://imgur.com/a/3DCCi

These are just pictures of them

sparkaura

Smash Apprentice
Rough Translation from a friend of mine:

Red: neutral B

1. Hadoudan: Concentrate the power of Hadou then burst it out at once, standard Hadouken move, can be charged to do more damage and more knock back.

2. HikiyoseHadoudan: fly a good amount of distance then suck the enemy towards the Hadouken.

3. KansuHadoudan: Piercing Hadouken, can cast multiples of them, but the further it travel the less damage.

Blue: side B

1. Haakei: Release the power of Hadou in front of you, it can become a grab attack.

2. Zenshinbaakei: Dash/Step foward and release the power of Hadou, the reach of Hadou is shorter.

3. Engyorihasskei: Release a long range Hadou but further part it hits the less damage.

Green: down B

1. Kagebunshin: Teleport counter

2. MikawashiCounter: Grab counter

3. Shibirebunshin: Paralyze the enemy counter, no knock back

Orange: up B

1. Shinsoku: Dash attack any direction, can change direction during dashing

2. Kazeninoru: Fly in the air for a good amount of time, the longer the time in air, the less damage

3. ShinsokuAttack: Stronger Dash attack, but great knock back. Very big opening before the dash comes out.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Interesting...

If standard downB is as unreliable as brawls I may use down-B 3. DownB2 would have been so useful in brawl in the DDD MU :(

The rest I think I will actually have to see animations of. Neutral-B 2 sounds intresting

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
So,the official name of lucario's aura sphere was really Hadouken? A move from street fighter .Who knewed? :p

Last edited:

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
Also, around 3h10min (maybe earlier), some demonstrations of Lucario's customs

http://www.twitch.tv/ninjalink/b/569320311

Try 3h12min to see the longer UpB. The distance is ridiculous.

Edit: Wow! Sakurai is nuts. Maximized aura made Lucario kill himself at the right border of Omega Prism Tower starting the move at the left corner of the platform.

Last edited:

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
I'm surprised Shadow Ball isn't a custom move, considering Lucario can legitimately learn it (Mewtwo confirmed?).

And *damn* Extreme Speed looks amazing. Also love the changes to Force Palm.

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
Default Lucario was buffed enough in my opinion. Customs make him even more dangerous.
Looking foward to use him again

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Anyone know if we could either Force Palm or DSmash out of the paralyzing counter?

The thing I am concerned about regarding Lucario is we do not have much in the way of combos or strings in this game based off of the vids I have seen (or people are just bad at Lucario). If we can do more than just UTilt out of this counter... <3

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
For what it's worth, one of Ike's alternate counters also stuns, and the stun on his lasts longer the more damage the target has. Maybe at a high enough percent we could land a smash or at least a Force Palm grab?

HiFlo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hi.Flo
3DS FC
1865-1068-2662
That stun counter can definitely be followed up on, just a matter of to what degree I really doubt Utilt is all that's doable. And I agree not alot of good lucarios out there, or lucarios in general which is perfectly fine with me.

And that slow moving neutral B special has so many applications, and his all hitbox up B.... OH LORDY:smash:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
my favorite counter so far is the automatic one. Less vulnerable. Being invincible makes it useful already.
The auto Counter kinda looks risky on whiff. Does anyone know if it has any IASA frames?

Man... I'm gonna have a lot of percent testing at the end of this week.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I find it hilarious that the Stun Counter's start-up & ending lag are almost exatly alike Brawl Lucario's DT frame data from a pointof view. I'll be interested in the Auto Counter. Nah, sike, so far the other DT customs didn't show to have a Reversed option, so until I see them, I won't use them.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm not feeling good about the stun double team. Rest of the customs I can see being good in the right situations.

Mostly the rush force Palm.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
I'm gonna stick with the regular Extreme Speed and might go with the slow aura spheres or regular. The slow aura spheres seem good for combos and spacing but I also like the regular spheres for killing. The custom counters look a lot better than his original counter. Rush Force Palm looks great and will be great for catching people roll dodging away from lucario. Anybody here knows how rush force palm works in the air? Does he fly forward or does he do it in place in the air?

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
My overall thoughts so far on all the custom special moves after testing them extensively.

Neutral B

1. Aura Sphere: Really solid. Not much to say there.

2. Snaring Aura Sphere: Quite interesting. I think it might be the better choice in some matchups. You should be able to create some difficult edgeguarding situations for your opponent by hurling it over the edge and covering other options. It has a ton of endlag so it's probably quite unsafe in the neutral game and you can't follow up on it that well. Overall it seems more like a setup based projectile while the regular one is more versatile.

3. Piercing Aura Sphere: Not very good. I guess it's alright if you want to be obnoxious and throw tons of small projectiles but I feel like it's a waste of potential.

Conclusion: I'd pick 1 or 2 depending on the matchup as they both seem to be quite useful in a lot of situations.

Side B

1. Force Palm: Easily the best choice. You get the most powerful command throw knockback while still retaining decent range on the blast. Gets the best of both worlds.

2. Advancing Force Palm: Would be great if it didn't have reduced knockback on the command throw. The blast on it is negligible, which is a shame because it can be a useful zoning/edgeguarding tool. I guess it can still be useful in some situations.

3. Long-Distance Force Palm: Yet again would be great if it didn't have reduced knockback. The command grab range on it is extremely small and has significantly weaker knockback.

Conclusion: Just pick 1. Best of both worlds.

Up B

1. Extreme Speed: Quite good. I don't think that ending hitbox is worth keeping though, which leads me to the next one.

2. Ride the Wind: It may be slow on startup and slightly slow travel speed, but that thing goes SO far and is not even that difficult to control/sweetspot with that it's definitely worth using. You can go extremely far offstage to try and gimp the opponent and make it back from seemingly hopeless distances. And you don't even really need the hitbox to deal with people taking the edge thanks to trumping mechanics. Funniest of all you can go under the stage to the other edge without too much trouble on FD style stages, or maybe wall cling at difficult to reach places. There is so much potential here.

3. Extreme Speed Attack: This one has a hitbox throughout the move but doesn't scale at all with aura in terms of distance, so it doesn't seem very good.

Conclusion: Pretty sure 2 is the best.

Down B

1. Double Team: Super strong. Kills solidly if the both you and the opponent are at high %.

2. Glancing Counter: Strange and unique. You become invincible for a bit then always strike in front of you. The strike is quite small and doesn't hit as hard as Double Team though. Interesting option nonetheless.

3. Stunning Double Team: Also interesting. To make it paralyze the opponent you have to be next to the opponent as you activate. However I'm not sure you can have that many followups from it. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Conclusion: 1 seems to be the best, but 2 or 3 might be viable options.

Last edited:

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
Tested some customs yesterday. Extended force palm + slow aura sphere is a deadly combination for 1x1 matches, you dont even need to charge the sphere. Just release many at the same time and attack while they re onscreen. Ridiculous zoning

Top Bottom