• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucarios at EVO

ckm

Smash Journeyman
Other than myself, there were none that I saw. I did see kitamerby on the doubles day (didnt enter) and drex at a different local tourney, but none competed at EVO, as far as I know.

WTF? Represent moar Lucarios.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I competed in singles, but I brought a broken controller by accident and thus didn't fare well. There also was some lucario called CL7SH iirc there. Don't know how well he did, though.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
actually thats me. its CLU7CH. I got 25th in singles and 9th in teams. I went mostly MK in teams though.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
oh yeah, i also saw timbers at the local tourney, but he didnt play and i didnt get a chance to talk with him much.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
Genesis was more important (if we're just talking about Brawl) and only a week before Evo. Most people probably had to choose between one or the either.

But good job getting 25th. That's extremely well for representation.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Welcome home, buddy!
Lucario dittos some? I know they is stupid, but I haven't played your lucario in awhile, and I hear it's getting really gewd. Also, Masky's Birthday bash didn't work out, so I decided to work/pick up IC's while being bored.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
ic's are a great character to practice by yourself... thats a really good idea--you don't really need a human to practice a lot of their stuff.

and yeah ill ditto with you, i really want to get the matchup down well so i can take out CLL the next time we play =P

I had to ditto Drex in tournament (at the local tournament) and it was pretty rough--last stock, high percent on both matches (of course!).

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah, I've practically got dthrow and fthrow worked out on MK, D3, etc. as well as hobbling, but I have some issues with bthrow (I get it consistent on bigger chars, but MK is about 60-70% successful), but IC's are certainly a fun/good char to practice when you're bored. Plus there really isn't much IC know-how in NW, so this might be a good move.
I also picked up snake, hopefully I'll be able to stretch all three.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
flapjacks icy's are getting pretty decent. other than that, k' plays them a bit but he never comes to play anymore... so yeah we could use a good IC user. Ive been working on snake as well, hes really fun and too broken.

Timbers

check me out
oh yeah, i also saw timbers at the local tourney, but he didnt play and i didnt get a chance to talk with him much.
duuude, I thought you were a local player or something haha, thought I could just talk to you like next week or something. Really sorry about leaving like that then, but I had to give drex a ride home and the aussies needed to get to the strip as well.
I would have gone if venue wasn't ****ing 50$ dollars :<
no one cared after evening time on Friday throughout. You coulda came and no one would care lol, what I did.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
duuude, I thought you were a local player or something haha, thought I could just talk to you like next week or something. Really sorry about leaving like that then, but I had to give drex a ride home and the aussies needed to get to the strip as well.
Nah, its cool man. I actually didn't even know you were from nevada, I just happened to mention your name to drex when we were talking about swf.

I wanted to talk to you about a few things/ideas that I had... and maybe get in a match or two (even though luc dittos dont really mean anything).

Timbers

check me out
luc dittos are mad wildcard lol

vegas might be going tourneyplay which I think is around where you live lol, if you go I/we might see you there.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
luc dittos are mad wildcard lol

vegas might be going tourneyplay which I think is around where you live lol, if you go I/we might see you there.
sounds good. you should actually practice/play brawl again then lol. then we will have some good representation for lucario.

Timbers

check me out
i might play again. Not to bore anyone with tl;dr but I haven't really taken this game seriously since moving back last fall. I played casually a bit but Brawl capped really fast for me and I haven't had the incentive to really play. I think the only thing really making me want to get back into Brawl is the smash scene (melee more specifically, but there's not much of a melee scene at all in Vegas, so I'm totally cool playing brawl)

I feel the hype of blazblue starting to die a bit so I might play both games together. Kind of hard to do so as my free time isn't so free, though. heheh.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
I guess if anyone wants to play my Lucario over wifi (really lol idea though), they could ask me or something.

Not that anyone wants to or that wifi is worth bothering with, but w/e.

Top Bottom