• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario: Official Character Discussion

Ulevo

Smash Master
Discussion for Lucario. Anyone can suggest anything for any of these topics, and it'll be noted. Popular suggestions/values will be marked as such. Final values will be determined by popularity, so voice your opinion!

Suggested Offensive Modifications:

Suggested Defensive Modifications:

Default Physics:
SH:
FH:
FF:
DGrav:
Grav:

Physics Changes:

Specific Move Fixes:

Anything else:

The Cape

Smash Master
Higher scaling of KB on U throw
Higher base KB of U tilt

This stops his stupid good CG and also stops his ridiculous juggles with U tilt.

A slight buff to counter balance this would be to give him alot less landing lag on his up and B as the move isnt very good at all and is stupid easy to edgeguard and punish.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Fix his counter too. Make it come out faster since unless he counters a Warlock Punch, the opponent can just shield in time.

Also, we HAVE to remove the aura stock powers. His aura power should ONLY get better or worse depending on his percentage, not how well or poorly he is doing in a match.

Revven

FrankerZ
I agree with GoG on the counter part as well as aura stock powers (it was also Neko's idea, <3 him). I also think Lucario's recovery could be sped up in some way, either the startup or the middle part of it (it is EXTREMEspeed for a reason). This way, Lucario isn't as gimpable as he normally would be and could get back to the edge before being edgehogged quite swiftly. Since, after all, we are nerfing two things from him (his CG and his Utilt lock, even though the lock needed to go and so did the CG).

shanus

Smash Hero
Had an interesting talk with lucario players.

Two things which could help lucario out.

Change his max aura cap frrom 172 to something like 130-140ish. People die a lot earlier now from most combos but lucario doesn't really get to see this benefit.

Also, make it so the first hit of dair doesn't have scaled knockback. When his aura pumps up, it makes it very hard to combo with both hits of the dair cause of the scaling knockback

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I don't think Lucario needs help. He's a good player. He camps (sigh I know) well with his odd hitboxes and quick tiny auras are a good way to pester people. Especially since that won't diminish a fully charged Aura's KB. Once he gets started his tilts can build damage very, very quickly.

That being said, if we can remove the Aura Stock (detailed in my earlier post) I'd be for lowering the Aura's cap.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i personally wouldnt change lucarios aura thing now. if anything i would say make it so its not quite as much of a increase (or maybe change the scale so like at 0% its like hes at the power level he had at 50% in vBrawl and scale it up to his max in Brawl+ is like 150% in vBrawl).
I'm not sure how this will change comboability though.

Aura stock is pretty weird though, I would take that out. That's too much imo.

Another thing for going against the aura benefit being lowered, since the game is around combos, its easy to combo into a kill move, like when ur opponent is at 100% of something. if u miss the kill move though and ur opponent gets to like 140-150, they get rly hard to kill as u cant rely on comboing into a kill move, and have to just land it. so lucario can still reach high %s, it just takes good DI and such. and such an amazing benefit shouldnt be that common to get to use imo.

also i wouldnt say lucario is campy per say, hes kind of a combo machine in this game

shanus

Smash Hero
another interesting idea i heard:

Make it so after lucarios upB he doesn't go into special fall but can't use it again without being hit or touching the ground. That or the upB can be canceled with an attack but also loses the ability to upB againwithout touching the ground.

I support buffing aura and this change sounds really reallllllly useful.

Also, another change they requested: First hit of dair to have 0 KBG as at high percents you can easily SDI or just get hit out of the dair without getting hit.

Lemme know opinions!

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Also, another change they requested: First hit of dair to have 0 KBG as at high percents you can easily SDI or just get hit out of the dair without getting hit.
But then, if it had no knockback then it would essentially have 0 priority (0 knockback moves do not interrupt other attacks, so any uair would just go through it and hit Lucario before the second hit comes out) It would essentially indirectly reduce the speed of the move.

shanus

Smash Hero
But then, if it had no knockback then it would essentially have 0 priority (0 knockback moves do not interrupt other attacks, so any uair would just go through it and hit Lucario before the second hit comes out) It would essentially indirectly reduce the speed of the move.
KBG = Knockback Growth, not BKB which is base knockback. It means its a static knockback at KBG 0

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Lucario is fine. He doesn't need help. Lowering the cap for aura would be interesting, but his combo percentage grows a whole lot when his aura is high. What was a 40% combo can easily be a 60%+ combo with a higher aura power.

Either way above all else I stress what I posted earlier:

We HAVE to remove the aura stock powers. His aura power should ONLY get better or worse depending on his percentage, not how well or poorly he is doing in a match.

Top Bottom