• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Metagame General Discussion Current Topic: All about Aurasphere

D. Disciple

Smash Master
While lobbing an Aura Sphere at any character with a reasonably fast reflector is frowned upon, the actual charging of an Aura Sphere is not, and is actually encouraged in most basic forms of play.

What our good representative FlameWaveK was saying is that although it may be unwise to hurl a fully-charged AS from long-range, the sheer amount of things one can do before that point is delightful. That is all.

@Below Post. Why thank you!
Oh this one is a keeper!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh, yeah. I'd argue it's the single best move we have. You just don't want to throw it out from just beyond the range of FSmash, because it's damn obvious that you will. Throwing the full aurasphere out of a jab cancel is actually what I like to do, as if they jumped you can chase them and they can either reflector and be hit by an aerial, or not and possibly get hit by both.

And I didn't mean the Wolf matchup was easy. I meant it was relatively easy to hit him with AS.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I throw falling Aurasphere reallllllly from really far away VS people with reflectors to keep them from jumping and to see if they're the type of people who want to reflectors most things if they can.

how is wolf easy to hit with AS?

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Only if he is stupid with smashes, laser, fair, bair and side-b

Otherwise it's just like any other character with a reflector.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Cool down flame.

Supreme, what wolfs do you play?
This isn't wifi is it?

Perhaps it's possible to recognize a player's errors before a character's hmm?

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I'm not even mad lol

I just said that doesn't tell me **** lol

last wolf I played was choice and went we last hit.

its kinda hard to land something if he doesn't commit, which smart wolves never do

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, I guess there aren't any good Wolfs in my region afaik. We've got a bunch of Falcos, and our region's top player used to main Fox before switching to MK.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
What's annoying is that I can't seem to find a good punisher for dsmash unless I powershield it or I outspace it, which isn't too easy because it feels like it has tons of range. That thing seems so safe on block.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm guessing that it only works because shielding puts the character into a standing position where they would get hit by the attack, so they powershield it. You can even see a phantom hit during one of the Lucario usmashes.

Top Bottom