• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Mega Evolution Mechanics

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Pretty sure that transformations were taken out besides final smashes.
So far, transformations for the known normal characters Zelda/Sheik & Samus/ZSS is guaranteed. It's just Lucario's built-in AuraBoost% that makes this a possibility. Maybe only a 5% chance that his MEvo may revolve around his AB%, but again we need more Lucario / MegaLucario game-play to find out.

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Warning Received
There is a better way to say this other than aggressive like this.

Be mindful next time.
Sorry I had to say the honest truth about people being dumb.
Be mindful of talking to a god next time you ****ing furry ^ __ ^;

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Sorry I had to say the honest truth about people being dumb.
Be mindful of talking to a god next time you ****ing furry ^ __ ^;
You're telling a mod to be mindful of talking to "a god" (which I'm assuming is you, by your vauge description.).
I don't understand here.
You're telling a MODERATOR to be mindful when talking to you.
Uh....

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Warning Received
That's an awful lot of talk for a Rookie
that's an awful lot of talk for someone who probably plays like day 1 and sucks hardcore
consider performing dancing blades on your wrists kid

lets move back on topic shall we ^ - ^
oh wait there's nothing to discuss because it's sooo god damn obvious

*flips fur*

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
that's an awful lot of talk for someone who probably plays like day 1 and sucks hardcore
consider performing dancing blades on your wrists kid

lets move back on topic shall we ^ - ^
oh wait there's nothing to discuss because it's sooo god damn obvious

*flips fur*
Highly suggest you drop this childish behavior immediately if you wish to keep your posting privileges. You're walking on thin ice.

As for everyone else lets stop the flaming and get back on topic please.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
We need @ The Real Gamer The Real Gamer to change his / her name to A Real Gamer so it would make more sense to include for sentences.:shades:

But seriously there's barely anything to discuss. Until we get more MEvo footage, nothings gonna be discussed about it.
All hail the angered MEvo Egyptian jackal :4lucario::4lucario::4lucario::4lucario::4lucario::4lucario::4lucario::4lucario::4lucario::4lucario::4lucario::4lucario::4lucario::4lucario::4lucario:.

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Highly suggest you drop this childish behavior immediately if you wish to keep your posting privileges. You're walking on thin ice.

As for everyone else lets stop the flaming and get back on topic please.
Walking on thin ice? Well I bet you didn't know Lucario can balance on glaciers. *flips fur*

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Walking on thin ice? Well I bet you didn't know Lucario can balance on glaciers. *flips fur*
Stop the *flips fur* thing your going to get your banned! The Mods will ban you if you keep acting like a Problem Child!

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Mega Evolution Lucario looks just like Wario Man to me.

RubSmash

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I'm new here and let me start off by saying this is a lot better than Miiverse XD I agree that Mega Lucario is most likely not his final smash. I think when he reaches a certain percent, he will mega evolve. I guess you could compare it to when players have higher percentage, they begin to steam.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Hey guys I'm new here and let me start off by saying this is a lot better than Miiverse XD I agree that Mega Lucario is most likely not his final smash. I think when he reaches a certain percent, he will mega evolve. I guess you could compare it to when players have higher percentage, they begin to steam.
First off welcome to SmashBoards @ RubSmash RubSmash , & that with all of our thoughts vs.ing it either being FinalSmash or a gimmick with his AuraBoost% built-in mechanic he may reach that point & MegaEvolve. More MegaLucario game-play is needed but I don't think I've seen the steaming yet, where can I find that? Pic of the Day or any Video?

RubSmash

Smash Rookie
First off welcome to SmashBoards @ RubSmash RubSmash , & that with all of our thoughts vs.ing it either being FinalSmash or a gimmick with his AuraBoost% built-in mechanic he may reach that point & MegaEvolve. More MegaLucario game-play is needed but I don't think I've seen the steaming yet, where can I find that? Pic of the Day or any Video?
When chracters reach a high percentage, they start to steam. Sakurai had it in one of the pic of the days and GameXplain reviewed it.

RubSmash

Smash Rookie

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ RubSmash RubSmash (btw thanks I was able to find something about it then came back to your next post to see the pic)
Well if that's the case, if I was humoring for a moment that Mega Lucario is apart of his AuraBoost% gimmick mechanic,
then there's no safe way Mega Lucario should activate when he's at his highest Aura cap while steaming, that wasn't even shown in any of the Direct game-play footage for Lucario (unless I'm wrong I'll need proof). If his maximum aura cap will occur much faster in a match than his Brawl AuraBoost% cap & has a higher peak in power, I think he shouldn't MEvo near the end of his last stock with high% but change it up a bit having Lucario losing the lead by one stock with moderate %, or 2 stocks down & revives off the revival platform starting out with Mega Lucario which makes more sense to me.

Finally try not to double let alone triple post, moderators will get ya for it;). Edit your message later if ya need to for any future posts you make!

Last edited:

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I'm wondering if it will work like how Lucario works in Project M. maybe its like a hidden modifier or something. in project M you can release or do (Super) abilities which almost look the same here when hes in MegaEvo form. Its just a guess but seeing some of the key similarities sort of makes sense. idk though maybe its just me.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I'm wondering if it will work like how Lucario works in Project M. maybe its like a hidden modifier or something. in project M you can release or do (Super) abilities which almost look the same here when hes in MegaEvo form. Its just a guess but seeing some of the key similarities sort of makes sense. idk though maybe its just me.
It's a thought, but the direct didn't show how Mega Lucario's Force Palm grab looked, only the Palm Flame reached out at a large distance. Based off the direct video it didn't show anything specific pertaining to Project M Lucario's Aura Charge mechanic except when his aura powers up you do powered-up moves like the UpB Extremespeed's distance exponentially grew. Some of it looks similar to that of PM Lucario.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman

Would you care to provide evidence as to why Mega Lucario not being Lucario's Final Smash is more plausible than ML being his Final Smash?

P.S. Your model of ML reduces ML to a skin change. Just think about that.

RubSmash

Smash Rookie
Would you care to provide evidence as to why Mega Lucario not being Lucario's Final Smash is more plausible than ML being his Final Smash?

P.S. Your model of ML reduces ML to a skin change. Just think about that.
It makes sense for it to be his final smash, however Sakurai has been avoiding conforming that his ME is indeed his final smash which makes me think otherwise. That's pretty much all I have so we will just have to wait and see

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
It makes sense for it to be his final smash, however Sakurai has been avoiding conforming that his ME is indeed his final smash which makes me think otherwise. That's pretty much all I have so we will just have to wait and see
or maybe he doesn't outright say it because he figures people will put 2 and 2 together since charizard's FS is a mega evo.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
or maybe he doesn't outright say it because he figures people will put 2 and 2 together since charizard's FS is a mega evo.
I have to agree. It's pretty obvious...

IIRC, during the ML reveal, Sakurai states that his Aura power is maximized. Prooobably because it's a final smash.
If it was an aura gimmick, he probably would have said something along the lines of 'When his aura power is maximized, he Mega Evolves.'
Instead it's the other way around.

Anyway, that's just how I see it. I'd personally dislike the 'Mevo at 170 or so percent!! At that point, would anyone even be able to make use of it? He'd be extremely easy to kill, and the power boost probably wouldn't suffice to take out more than one stock.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Anyway, that's just how I see it. I'd personally dislike the 'Mevo at 170 or so percent!! At that point, would anyone even be able to make use of it? He'd be extremely easy to kill, and the power boost probably wouldn't suffice to take out more than one stock.
If Lucario's aura attacks got a buff stronger than his maximized AuraBoost% from brawl that's terrifying to say the least. It goes beyond murder of a stock or two. Brawlcario's AuraBoost% decreases his AB% bit by bit but still strong when making the match even. MegaLucario stays at maximum AB% as long as he's still MegaLucario, since Sakurai didn't mention him not decreasing AB% power at all during MEvo. If his FS isn't MegaLucario which it's 95% most likely his FS, then it's some weird underwhelming gimmick that doesn't really affect Lucario at all.

Basically It should not be a AB% gimmick built-in is what I'm trying to say.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I believe Lucario's Final Smash is indeed the Mega Evolution. I can imagine it working very much like Wario's Final Smash. We know he has the maxed out aura power during the transformation, which could coincide with increased movement speed, higher jumps, and quicker attack speed. Now, I don't know how Mega Lucario will respond to another character's attacks. Wario-Man was completely immune to all damage and never flinched. I have no idea if this is the case for Mega Lucario.

Astronut

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like they're showing off his up-taunt a lot. It has a lot more flashiness to it than its Brawl counterpart (more of a glow around Lucario). This is kinda far-fetched, but what if taunting had something to do with it? Maybe once you hit 167% (or whatever Lucario's max is in Smash 4), you get the opportunity to up-taunt and mega evolve.

Spirst

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like they're showing off his up-taunt a lot. It has a lot more flashiness to it than its Brawl counterpart (more of a glow around Lucario). This is kinda far-fetched, but what if taunting had something to do with it? Maybe once you hit 167% (or whatever Lucario's max is in Smash 4), you get the opportunity to up-taunt and mega evolve.
It's interesting, but I don't feel it's a good idea. At that high a percentage, the power of the mega-evolution would be pretty nullified by the fact that one hit will KO Lucario. It makes much more sense to have it as a final smash, in my opinion as opposed to the completely circumstantial transformation. In certain game modes (like with a higher damage ratio or stamina mode), Lucario would be at a big disadvantage since he wouldn't be able to attain his transformation through an item like everyone else and would instead need to hang on until the certain percentage (or possibly not all for certain stamina games).

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
It's interesting, but I don't feel it's a good idea. At that high a percentage, the power of the mega-evolution would be pretty nullified by the fact that one hit will KO Lucario. It makes much more sense to have it as a final smash, in my opinion as opposed to the completely circumstantial transformation. In certain game modes (like with a higher damage ratio or stamina mode), Lucario would be at a big disadvantage since he wouldn't be able to attain his transformation through an item like everyone else and would instead need to hang on until the certain percentage (or possibly not all for certain stamina games).
Assuming he reacts to damage, anyway.

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
I'm calling it:

Lucario's mega evo will be just like Little Mac's 1 hit k.o.

(because Sakurai said "it won't be quite a final smash" when talking about Lucario)

Astronut

Smash Apprentice
I'm calling it:

Lucario's mega evo will be just like Little Mac's 1 hit k.o.

(because Sakurai said "it won't be quite a final smash" when talking about Lucario)
Sorry just curious, do you have a link to where he said that?

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
I'm honestly surprised how it has not been 100% confirmed how his Mega evolution works, considering the fact that this game drops in 11 days.

Gune

Smash Lord
I'm honestly surprised how it has not been 100% confirmed how his Mega evolution works, considering the fact that this game drops in 11 days.
Tbh im not everytime we get some kind of info on lucario its always about his aura mechanic when theres so much else to talk about. I guess thats a good thing though since lucario is going to be even more fun to test out this time around.

Clownish

Smash Rookie
Looks like Mega Evolution is his Final Smash

imgur. com/a/F3lzv (page 17)

Astronut

Smash Apprentice
Even though it's now confirmed to be his final smash, I get the feeling that there's more to it than having maxed out aura....Invincibility? No knockback? Faster?

Gune

Smash Lord
It kinda looks like hes charging something over his head its a bit too fuzzy to see. Cant remeber who brought up Lucario mega evolving then shooting aurastorm then staying mega for a duration but it looks like you might be right.

Last edited:

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
I'm kind of glad the Mega evo is his final smash. Aura Storm in Brawl was kind of useless against people who actually knew what they were doing.

As for exactly how the Megaevo works (besides the max aura) I hope he gets SOME knockback and damage resistance (but not llike Giga Bowser. That's not how it works in the games/anime), so it's possible to KO you (but it's very hard).

Top Bottom