• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario first?

Red Impact

Smash Cadet
Heh, if you do what I did, you'll have a much better time after spending a spell in practice. That way you get a feel for the game.

It definitely helped for when I jumped into SSE. Though if you're really jonesing for some Lucario, check out DarkDragoon's thread for the easiest way to unlock him (aside from facing him in SSE).

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm....don't you have to unlock the break the targets levels? I could easily be wrong, but I thought I read that somewhere...which would mean that you would accidentally gain a char or two in the intervening time (unless you purposefully lost the fight to get them I suppose)

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I was planning on getting Luke first too, but you have to beat classic on various difficulty levels to unlock the BTT levels. Looks like you migth as well get Luigi, captain Falcon, and Marth while you're at it.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
I will try to get Lucario first, (Is that even possible?), but if I unlock a coulple other characters to get Lucario, I'm not going to lose to them just to get Lucario first. I want to try to get as many characters without SSE as possible so I can play multiplayer with anyone and get the full SSE experence without rushing through to get all the characters. I might try another file so I can unlock most characters through SSE as well. Oh, I just can't wait!

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I most definitely am. I'm going to go into vs. mode, set my stock to one, and jump off the edge 100 times.
What? Why not win 100 times? Set Damage Ratio to 2.0, and crank a computer's damage up as much as you can, and you should get a quick one hit KO, then you just have to launch 100 reasonably strong attacks to unlock Lucario.

However I think I'm going to unlock Lucario the hardest way, because that is the most fun. ;)

I will beat Classic mode on Normal; "Target Smash Level 2 Has Been Unlocked!".

Then I'll beat Classic mode on Hard; "Target Smash Level 3 Has Been Unlocked!".

Then I'll beat Classic on Very Hard; "Target Smash Level 4 Has Been Unlocked!".

Then beat Classic on Very Hard again; "Target Smash Level 5 Has Been Unlocked!".

Then I'll beat all five of the Target Smash Levels with Ike (because he has good range, excellent power, and even with all that, isn't unmanageably slow, so he should be able to defeat Lucario); "Challenger Approaching!".

Then finally I'll defeat Lucario and finally unlock him, all 33 days from today, hopefully, if I can get it on launch day...

Wave Guiding Guardian

Smash Rookie
I do indeed plan to do that very first :p Any of my friends that want to play can simply wait, or buy their own :p

It couldn't take too long to beat 5 target tests with one character could it?

Erm, unless you have to unlock the various target tests. >_> Then I'm not certain what I'll do about it. :p

Da N

Smash Journeyman
The vacinity of the planet Earth. (California)
I want to try to get as many characters without SSE as possible so I can play multiplayer with anyone and get the full SSE experence without rushing through to get all the characters. I might try another file so I can unlock most characters through SSE as well.
Yeah now that I think about it thats what I'm gonna do except getting as many people without SSE. I wanna take full advantage of the full blown story mode without rushing through it.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is the #1 character I want to unlock, yeah. But I don't think I'm gonna look up how - it's fun to be surprised. Unless I end up getting fed up not finding him, then I'll get him eventually. Especially 'cause I know he's somewhere in SSE, and I plan on playing through that first thing.

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
What? Why not win 100 times? Set Damage Ratio to 2.0, and crank a computer's damage up as much as you can, and you should get a quick one hit KO, then you just have to launch 100 reasonably strong attacks to unlock Lucario.

Nah, dying is quicker. :p I want to unlock Lucario right away. Then I'll beat the game with him.

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
I just know that, as soon as I get the game, I'll practice A LOT with Meta Knight. Even though I won't main him. I NEED to beat Lucario on my first try... XD

Ichida

Smash Ace
I'm just gonna play through SSE first. My local friends are coming over a week after the game comes out and I want to have as many characters unlocked as possible... Lucario included. :p

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I'm unlocking everyone through Subspace Emmisary, so whenever Lucario comes into play, I'll have it unlocked.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I most definitely am. I'm going to go into vs. mode, set my stock to one, and jump off the edge 100 times.
I was thinking of doing this with Dedede..I don't like him much personally. Once I get Brawl I will most likely clear SSE first. Get Lucario that way.

FMArthur

Smash Cadet
I wonder if you can get all of the classic-mode unlocked things (including Target test, most importantly for Lucario) by doing it once in the highest difficulty and in under 20 minutes. Probably wouldn't work for multiple characters (Who takes priority? The toughest-to-unlock or the easiest?), but it would be sweet to get so many things so quickly.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Getting Lucario through Target Smash is the best way to go, because I've found out multiple characters you can unlock through Classic along the way when you play through it to unlock all the Target Smash levels.

So in the 4 times I go through Classic at first, I'll play as certain characters each time, for specific reasons, in the following order:

Pokémon Trainer
Fox
Link
Ike

Pokémon Trainer is a character I'm really looking forward to using, and is going to most likely be my secondary main, so I'll get through Classic on Normal with him first, and this should unlock either Ness or Luigi.

Fox for my second run through Classic that will be on Hard, because I'm good with that character. Which ever one of the two before mentioned characters that wasn't unlocked the first run through should be unlocked this time.

Link for my third run through, which will be on Very Hard, because Link is one of my best characters in Melee, and he's even better in Brawl, and should unlock Toon Link after getting through classic as him.

Ike for my last run through, my second run through Classic mode on Very Hard, because he has good weight to him, has good range, and great power, all enough to clear Very Hard a second time, and defeat Marth afterwards, unlocking him.

Then complete the target tests on levels 1-5 as Ike, defeat Lucario, therefore unlocking him, and that's a quick 5 characters unlocked, and I might have an idea or two of how to unlock some other characters, particularly some of the Multi-Man modes.

That, and the Events mode, it would at least unlock some nice content including probably some Stage Builder stuff, and perhaps a character.

Edit: Just realized Ness isn't unlocked in Classic mode, says so on the Dojo, should've remembered. :ohwell:

But I did notice another character that can be unlocked in Classic; Ganondorf, by clearing it on Hard as Link, so I'll be getting through Classic on Normal, Hard, and Very Hard twice with the characters being used changed up accordingly.

Link
Pokémon Trainer
Link
Ike

I also saw that Captain Falcon can be unlocked by beating Classic in less than 20 minutes (incredibly easy), so I may get through it again on some random difficulty level, as Bowser (odd choice of a character to pit against the fastest first party character in the game. :p).

Btw, is it, by any chance, just that you have to beat 5 Target Tests, not necessarily all 5 difficulty levels? Perhaps maybe just beat the first level with 5 different characters, anybody know if that would work?

Top Bottom