• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
"Toobigots" that's so clever.
I don't know who created that "term" or name to the ones against Ridley, but I gotta be honest, I find it kind of annoying.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I honestly don't know who created that "term" or name to the ones against Ridley, but I gotta be honest, I find it kind of annoying.
Lol. It's the first time I heard it, but I'm sure it gets old after awhile.

AndreaAC

Lol. It's the first time I heard it, but I'm sure it gets old after awhile.
For me it totally did, >_> That's another one of the reasons I don't like speculation, specially regarding Ridley, and it was also botheing me that some were calling the artist ArtsyOmni a Toobigot, when one of his projects way before Smashified were some pretty adorable looking Kirby Hats, and Ridley was one of them.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I don't know who created that "term" or name to the ones against Ridley, but I gotta be honest, I find it kind of annoying.
It was BKupa666 who coined the term during the early pre-Brawl days.

Or pre-Smash 4 if I'm wrong.

AndreaAC

Probably Pre-Brawl. I indeed got tired of reading/hearing it after a while. At least Deetractors has a funny pun in it (in BD's case).

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

Probably Pre-Brawl. I indeed got tired of reading/hearing it after a while. At least Deetractors has a funny pun in it (in BD's case).
You guys are like Smashboards historians lol.

On the topic of SB phrases, my favorite term is "Canondorf".

AndreaAC

xD Well, I have been here since 2014 (Nowhere near the Pre-Brawl days), but I checked that utterly old Ridley thread once and saw some of the reaction of some of the updates the Brawl site gave, one of them being the remix of his Theme. I lurked the boards for a long time until February2014, and until now, I have done a lot of Rids stuff mostly to entertain myself and some others, that's why the custom title I have was given to me by a friend that got some inspiration by my many drawings and dialogs with him.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
xD Well, I have been here since 2014 (Nowhere near the Pre-Brawl days), but I checked that utterly old Ridley thread once and saw some of the reaction of some of the updates the Brawl site gave, one of them being the remix of his Theme. I lurked the boards for a long time until February2014, and until now, I have done a lot of Rids stuff mostly to entertain myself and some others, that's why the custom title I have was given to me by a friend that got some inspiration by my many drawings and dialogs with him.
I've been lurking here since like 2005 lol, just made my account in '14 like you (I thought it would cost me money as a kid lol). I never paid much attention to the Ridley boards until I joined, and even then not much. I always liked him, but never followed him like that, so all this is info pretty new to me.

AndreaAC

I've been lurking here since like 2005 lol, just made my account in '14 like you (I thought it would cost me money as a kid lol). I never paid much attention to the Ridley boards until I joined, and even then not much. I always liked him, but never followed him like that, so all this is info pretty new to me.
xD WOW! Awesome! Hahah, that's funny! In my case I didn't joined early because I was pretty shy! .3. Oh, hehe, I was a fan of him since Super Metroid (xD And when I first saw him, I KNEW NOTHING about him, my younger cousin was the Metroid fan in the day, but he was more into Samus...but the moment I saw Rids kicking his butt at the Intro of SM, and since he was a dragon, AND PURPLE (I love purple), I liked him instantly!
rd.jpg

xD These 3 things are hilariously enough, University projects, I liked him that much. A War Propaganda poster for Art History class (it suffered a small accident much later), the wooden mold for a cup coaster I made (the plastic ones I don't remember where I put them) and a box to store my drawings made out of cardboard, I have a bunch of the oldie paper and pencil drawings I did for the old Ridley threads way before I went into Digital media.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
xD WOW! Awesome! Hahah, that's funny! In my case I didn't joined early because I was pretty shy! .3. Oh, hehe, I was a fan of him since Super Metroid (xD And when I first saw him, I KNEW NOTHING about him, my younger cousin was the Metroid fan in the day, but he was more into Samus...but the moment I saw Rids kicking his butt at the Intro of SM, and since he was a dragon, AND PURPLE (I love purple), I liked him instantly!
View attachment 129087
xD These 3 things are hilariously enough, University projects, I liked him that much. A War Propaganda poster for Art History class (it suffered a small accident much later), the wooden mold for a cup coaster I made (the plastic ones I don't remember where I put them) and a box to store my drawings made out of cardboard, I have a bunch of the oldie paper and pencil drawings I did for the old Ridley threads way before I went into Digital media.
These are great. Do you not do paper and pencil anymore? I love to draw, not on your level, but I'm alright. I tried to draw Ridley once, and it was just god awful. The face was beautiful, but I could not get the rest of his body down for the life of me. That one got the Viking funeral.

I actually started liking Ridley once I saw him in the Melee intro, I remember getting his trophy and reading all about him, thinking he was like a super secret character or something. Ah the memories. I didn't really play the Metroid games until I got older, so the first time I learned about Ridley's real size was in Brawl, and I was like holy **** I thought he'd be way smaller (I had the exact opposite thought when I saw the Ray MKIII AT). People here convinced me that size in video games fluctuates all the time, and that's when I became a supporter.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
People get mad over "too bigot" still? It's a stupid but funny term. Still better than other words I've seen.
Certainly no worse than the terms others dubbed against us like Ridtards and whatnot, not that that ever triggered me but it was there.

0_o 2005 was about how far back I lurked here as well before I eventually joined in 2008, though was part of some other forum at the time supporting Ridley and others for Brawl then, but when it closed I had little other option but to relocate someplace like here.

Might be a minority, but I still find "Zamus" (short for Zero Suit Samus) annoying to this day. It's not that hard to just abbreviate with ZSS...

AndreaAC

These are great. Do you not do paper and pencil anymore? I love to draw, not on your level, but I'm alright. I tried to draw Ridley once, and it was just god awful. The face was beautiful, but I could not get the rest of his body down for the life of me. That one got the Viking funeral.

I actually started liking Ridley once I saw him in the Melee intro, I remember getting his trophy and reading all about him, thinking he was like a super secret character or something. Ah the memories. I didn't really play the Metroid games until I got older, so the first time I learned about Ridley's real size was in Brawl, and I was like holy **** I thought he'd be way smaller (I had the exact opposite thought when I saw the Ray MKIII AT). People here convinced me that size in video games fluctuates all the time, and that's when I became a supporter.
^u^ Thank you! Glad you think so! xD Well, I gotta be honest, after taking YEARS to get over the fear of using a drawing tablet and digital media, when I got into it, I left the traditional way of pencil and paper behind because I didn't not feel that comfortable with it anymore. Recently when I didn't had my laptop available, I went back to pencil and paper, but it was mostly Rayman than Ridley. I was about to give him a shot again but, I got it back. :3 I would love to see you work, actually, you made me curious! xD A Viking Funeral????

xD I had the same problems with the body just like you when I started, actually! That's why I drew him in the cardboard box only from the torso up. It took me MANY tries to get it "right". I partially learned thanks to the doodles of an artist that disappeared long ago on Deviantart (I think her username was HaloPikachu or something like that), and she did an amazing Paper Mache Ridley a long time ago.

The lines I add to the side of Ridley's face, unlike the Brawl model, are because of that one artist. As of now, I mostly draw him from the torso up because I'm lazy. :p
riddles.jpg

One thing that definitely differs specially from that artist and the Brawl model are the expressions I make for his face, xD His intense DERPING or blank eyes weren't very appealing to me. Oh, and I make his lower jaw longer, but not too long like Other M Ridley.

O.O OH, AWESOME! I totally forgot about the Melee Intro, I think that came first to me than SM. That part of the intro was pretty epic, BUT I didn't paid much attention to him at the time ( but I hated Samus since Smash 64 because I found her pretty annoying to fight....who would guess that I would adore her Archnemesis to death...). xD Oh, Ray MK II was the mech, right? I also thought it was going to be pretty huge...I dunno, Mazinger level of huge, so, imagine when I saw the Assist Trophy in action....As Rids size in Brawl, I didn't knew anything about it being actually an argument against him until much later, that's where I learned about the silly Toobigot term.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
^u^ Thank you! Glad you think so! xD Well, I gotta be honest, after taking YEARS to get over the fear of using a drawing tablet and digital media, when I got into it, I left the traditional way of pencil and paper behind because I didn't not feel that comfortable with it anymore. Recently when I didn't had my laptop available, I went back to pencil and paper, but it was mostly Rayman than Ridley. I was about to give him a shot again but, I got it back. :3 I would love to see you work, actually, you made me curious! xD A Viking Funeral????

xD I had the same problems with the body just like you when I started, actually! That's why I drew him in the cardboard box only from the torso up. It took me MANY tries to get it "right". I partially learned thanks to the doodles of an artist that disappeared long ago on Deviantart (I think her username was HaloPikachu or something like that), and she did an amazing Paper Mache Ridley a long time ago.

The lines I add to the side of Ridley's face, unlike the Brawl model, are because of that one artist. As of now, I mostly draw him from the torso up because I'm lazy. :p
View attachment 129090

One thing that definitely differs specially from that artist and the Brawl model are the expressions I make for his face, xD His intense DERPING or blank eyes weren't very appealing to me. Oh, and I make his lower jaw longer, but not too long like Other M Ridley.

O.O OH, AWESOME! I totally forgot about the Melee Intro, I think that came first to me than SM. That part of the intro was pretty epic, BUT I didn't paid much attention to him at the time ( but I hated Samus since Smash 64 because I found her pretty annoying to fight....who would guess that I would adore her Archnemesis to death...). xD Oh, Ray MK II was the mech, right? I also thought it was going to be pretty huge...I dunno, Mazinger level of huge, so, imagine when I saw the Assist Trophy in action....As Rids size in Brawl, I didn't knew anything about it being actually an argument against him until much later, that's where I learned about the silly Toobigot term.
Lol I think I have one picture on here, on the Goku boards on the social thread. That's about the extent of my drawings here, I was thinking of doing more, but I take forever, and I work all the time now, so it's probably not happening. Appreciate the interest though.

Your drawings definitely show more expression, I really admire that. It's not easy to get your chars tees to show emotion, but you do it so well.
Certainly no worse than the terms others dubbed against us like Ridtards and whatnot, not that that ever triggered me but it was there.

0_o 2005 was about how far back I lurked here as well before I eventually joined in 2008, though was part of some other forum at the time supporting Ridley and others for Brawl then, but when it closed I had little other option but to relocate someplace like here.

Might be a minority, but I still find "Zamus" (short for Zero Suit Samus) annoying to this day. It's not that hard to just abbreviate with ZSS...
Yeah I started on like 10 other boards, and When they all disappeared I stopped like for like 6 years. When 4 was announced I just had to find another place, I still visited here from time to time, so I just made it official lol.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
While I'm used to and/or numb to the kind of treatment the current NoA dishes out against us and some others by now as anyone ought to be I guess, it's still pretty telling how they feel the need to do it to us 3 years later. The younger fanbases and stuff they appeal to or try to connect with by doing that should be so lucky. lol

The current trending rumor of two new Metroid games... Another one of those "I'll believe it when I see it" kind of things, but if 2002's dual releasing of Prime and Fusion can actually be reproduced in this day and age, I'll be pretty impressed. The early 2000's was some of my best gaming experiences thanks to that along with the obvious titles of the SNES in the 90's. Wish to see that they've still got it.

AndreaAC

Lol I think I have one picture on here, on the Goku boards on the social thread. That's about the extent of my drawings here, I was thinking of doing more, but I take forever, and I work all the time now, so it's probably not happening. Appreciate the interest though.

Your drawings definitely show more expression, I really admire that. It's not easy to get your chars tees to show emotion, but you do it so well.
:< Aw, alright! If you ever get the chance, please let me know!

^u^ Thanks again, and yeah, it wasn't easy to achieve, especially with a character that isn't supposed to be like that, I mean, with the eyelids alone the expressions could be done in some way, and Ridley has them in the cutscene of the SSE, even moves his eyes, but I guess they left him derping REALLY hard and without the eyelids since they weren't necessary. And well, to make it even more expressive, there's definitely need to be some cheating, like the way I make his maw move when it isn't supposed too, but, if professional cartoonist can do it, why can't i?

xD With my Silly Roidley I had to make it even more cartoony by giving him floaty eyes and eyebrows, and also cheat his maw. As for the personality of both, I made them the opposites for the giggles. Of course, their interactions started violently out of my hatred for Other M Ridley, but many saw how it evolved to the pair it is today, my Ridley Bros.

Late to the party but regarding the badge arcade it's just a silly little joke.

If you cant make a joke about yourself or your fanbase you're probably taking things too seriously.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I can joke about myself and fandoms and take them to a certain extent, tho prolly not to the point NoA does it for years. Have a thing called self-respect too.

edit: Somewhat related to Metroid, pondering if I should go see Ridley Scott's Alien Covenant. Seems to be a return to form for Alien films, something Metroid so desperately needs.

Last edited:

Zekersaurus

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2027 5431 0731
In terms of size that was actually the best mod for ridley I've seen so far. I definitely wouldn't make his moveset as OP as it looks in the video though.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Huh, looks like I missed a big discussion, dang, I kinda miss those here.

My two cents on it in case anyone's curious, the joke to me was pushing it a little, like yeah it didn't do more than give me an "upset" (and I say that term loosely) shrug before I went to do something else but it did feel just a little spiteful, even If unintentional. This is coming from a person who adores self deprecating humor by the way, I pretty much regularly joke about how much of a piece of **** I am.

In terms of when I got around here it was pretty much about the same time good 'ol Andrea showed up, bought into the hype when Smash 4 was announced. Though unlike the rest I didn't really pay much attention to the pre-Brawl days, had school and emotional problems at the time that I had to deal with instead. Only thing I can probably remember the most was the drama that happened in the private group but I doubt anyone wants to hear about that, myself included.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I get why others are trying to brush the NoA thing off as something little (which it is in the grand scheme of things) and for others to not get that worked up about it and stuff, but wouldn't expect everyone to not be annoyed with it in some way when they've literally been doing this to us for years. Perhaps I should be flattered in a way though that they take the initiative to remember us for this long. lol

@ Wiinner: Oh, definitely. Real life problems or concerns which I still have here and there easily make fanbase treatment stuff like this look like nothing. lmao Have too many things in life that actually matter to worry about than to let something like this affect me, but doesn't mean I don't think the NoA stuff isn't petty because it is, but like anything in the Badge Arcade app, the Ridley meme comes and goes... Nothing worth remembering, let alone begrudging over when Nintendo actually brings something good along the way.

Can we move on now? I subtly tried to change the topic twice already. D:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
In terms of size that was actually the best mod for ridley I've seen so far. I definitely wouldn't make his moveset as OP as it looks in the video though.
To be fair when you're showcasing a character you want to make people want to play as them and having them getting destroyed by the opponent isn't the way to do that. That mod, from what I recall, makes it so that Ridley is actually rather light for his size and I'm pretty sure there's other things too.

AndreaAC

Ridley_Prime Ridley_Prime xD Remember that a long time ago I did a sketch of a ( kind of) fight between Ridley and Greed? I could not finish it, but after reading more about the other one, I did this:
RIDS N GREEDS.png

xD I did it today, and, I honestly think Ridley would call him pathetic. The description of the way he died cracked me up. xP

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Niice! I actually forgot Greed was a thing by this point... I remember someone pointing out before that he had some characteristics of Kraid but forgot what they were now, but partly because of that and regardless, suppose green's the only color that would make sense for him. Is a nice throwback to the green Ridley in Zero Mission's official artwork too (even though he was more brown in-game).

AndreaAC

Niice! I actually forgot Greed was a thing by this point... I remember someone pointing out before that he had some characteristics of Kraid but forgot what they were now, but partly because of that and regardless, suppose green's the only color that would make sense for him. Is a nice throwback to the green Ridley in Zero Mission's official artwork too (even though he was more brown in-game).
xD Thanks! .3. I'm surprised I didn't forgot....I was listening to Melee Brinstar Depths and he came to mind at one point, and the old sketch I couldn't finish! xD I still find so odd these little details that remind of Kraid....I mean, heck, I had a hard time adding the side thingies. I wasn't sure which tone of green use in him, but a bright green seemed fitting since I use a more bright purple for Ridley instead of the more blue-ish dark tone of Brawl. And funny, I googled what color repressented greed and this appeared:
xD SO yeah, fitting.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Hey guys last night I had a weird dream in which I was playing Pokémon and I used a dragon type move on a fighting type and it was super effective. Clearly it's a sign that Ridley is super effective against Smash Bros and that he'll get in, so legit right? =P

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Have Ridley be a boss in his largest form. Possibly an end boss. After he is defeated, he can be unlocked as a smaller version.

If the audience needs an explanation, just have Ridley's stage include fluid-filled tubes with Ridley fetuses floating inside. The playable creature would be a smaller Ridley clone.

AndreaAC

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Yes. But isn't the Metroid universe kinda creepy. Space pirates are always splicing genes and putting creatures in tubes.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
0_o

Well seems I may have jumped the shark about Alien Covenant being great. Haven't seen it yet and am still considering it, but it appears the interesting lore that Prometheus had (one of the redeeming things I liked about it) was diminished in Covenant for the sake of more Xenomorph fanservice and generic horror tropes. Obviously, people aren't too happy with Ridley Scott about it and some have even gone as far as to call him the George Lucas of the series now which took a blow to Ridley's namesake :(, but I think he was kinda coerced by studios and such after the mixed reception to Prometheus to go in that direction. Still, Alien Covenant may be an example of how going back to nostalgia instead of moving forward with story doesn't always pay off well...

Metroid, the series Alien inspires, ironically, I think would still have an opposite effect in going back to its roots, with greater focus on gameplay and creature fanservice than story. We've seen what happens or what can go wrong when Metroid tries to be an epic sci-fi blockbuster film, but just one of those things.

Well, story itself isn't really the problem, as we know that some story for Metroid can work well depending on how it's told, but a movie blockbuster kind of way to do it like Other M seems it wasn't the right or best way to go about it, sadly.

Last edited:

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
I personally prefer the Prime series way of storytelling in that there is plenty of background lore provided for the strange new places you visit but it's not shoved right in your face, subtlety is key in this series. It allows for the ability to have really in-depth lore on the world (or worlds depending on how they make it) without being overbearing. The problem with this though is that individual characters don't get the best depth as other types of games can give them, with the example of the hunters from Corruption. They did have personalities but you don't really see enough of them to really care as much about them as I feel they were meant to be. But the question from that is is it possible to make meaningful side characters in a franchise that is (and in my opinion should almost always be) all about isolation?

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
But the question from that is is it possible to make meaningful side characters in a franchise that is (and in my opinion should almost always be) all about isolation?
Perhaps use the Prime method of logs and the like to flesh out a character who was there before Samus? Maybe in a future game, if she's on another space station after it's been attacked, have multiple logs from deceased characters, with maybe a survivor somewhere that's found later towards the end. Or perhaps logs of another bounty hunter or Federation soldier/marine who happened to explore an area prior to Samus' arrival. If they do cross paths, keep interaction minimal/brief.

I think it can be done, but they'd have to handle it very carefully and a lot of it is dependent on what direction they take with the next game.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'd like to see Justin Bailey-Samus get fleshed out a bit personally. Like, maybe create a story around it saying that ishe's an android or something. The reason you play as her in the old games is because she's been made to believe she's the real Samus, and has all her memories. The reason she doesn't wear the suit is because she doesn't have Chozo DNA.

AndreaAC

I personally prefer the Prime series way of storytelling in that there is plenty of background lore provided for the strange new places you visit but it's not shoved right in your face, subtlety is key in this series. It allows for the ability to have really in-depth lore on the world (or worlds depending on how they make it) without being overbearing. The problem with this though is that individual characters don't get the best depth as other types of games can give them, with the example of the hunters from Corruption. They did have personalities but you don't really see enough of them to really care as much about them as I feel they were meant to be. But the question from that is is it possible to make meaningful side characters in a franchise that is (and in my opinion should almost always be) all about isolation?
*Goes to cry in a corner remembering Rundas' death* T . T

XD I actually got Corruption (and I still have it) just because of Riddles (xP OF COURSE!), since my cousin showed me the Prime's battles with him, and I loved his Omega form.

When I got to meet the Hunters, the one that got my attention was Rundas out of how odd he looked, but his abilities were pretty cool (xD No pun intended), and after the whole Bryyo ordeal, when I fought him the first time, I sucked pretty much a lot, so much that I couldn't move my arms the next day. When I defeated him I was like "YAY! I FINALLY COULD BEAT YOU!" and then I saw the way he got killed suddenly and I was REALLY shocked O-O T 3 T Even, when I listened to his battle theme after that I swear that tears came out and when Gandrayda used his form I was pissed off at her. >_<

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
*Goes to cry in a corner remembering Rundas' death* T . T

XD I actually got Corruption (and I still have it) just because of Riddles (xP OF COURSE!), since my cousin showed me the Prime's battles with him, and I loved his Omega form.

When I got to meet the Hunters, the one that got my attention was Rundas out of how odd he looked, but his abilities were pretty cool (xD No pun intended), and after the whole Bryyo ordeal, when I fought him the first time, I sucked pretty much a lot, so much that I couldn't move my arms the next day. When I defeated him I was like "YAY! I FINALLY COULD BEAT YOU!" and then I saw the way he got killed suddenly and I was REALLY shocked O-O T 3 T Even, when I listened to his battle theme after that I swear that tears came out and when Gandrayda used his form I was pissed off at her. >_<
Yeah with Rundas it's extremely easy to tell they were trying to make him a really impactful character and while it did work for a good amount of people I personally feel it fell just a little flat. His theme is absolutely perfect and the fight with him is amazing but I found there wasn't enough leadup to him to really give the full impact I imagine the devs wanted to give. Like if it was executed better you should be crying during or right after the fight, with the beginning making you feel extremely reluctant to fight. Kinda like how my avatar, Slave Knight Gael is sorta funnily enough XD though with Dark Souls that kind of moment is expected so it's not as impactful. If anything someone having a happy ending in that universe would be surprising!

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
With that, I think they'll reveal screenshots for it first on the closed group page, and then on their official Facebook page when it's available to pre-order. That seems to be the pattern at least for reveals. I'm part of that closed group, so as soon as pictures are available, I'll post them here for everyone to see.
Adding to this, First 4 Figures did a Questions & Answers session in March, and someone kindly wrote up a synopsis of everything included in the Q&A, including the Meta Ridley statue. Basically, the guys at F4F said that "if Meta Ridley does well, perhaps more bosses will be done otherwise back to the different suits". In other words, if Meta Ridley sells really well, they might move onto other bosses, such as Kraid, Mother Brain, etc, and perhaps do other Ridley forms (e.g. Omega Ridley) in the future (At the moment, they only have the licence for Metroid Prime (Trilogy), but might try to get licence for Super Metroid - this part wasn't mentioned in the Q&A mind you, just something some fans speculate). However, if it doesn't do well, they will only do Samus in various suits. So... we need Meta Ridley to sell well.

Also, for a Smash bros line - Not possible due to all the different licenses.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I won't say Corruption was one of the worst written things, tho not one of my favorites of the series either. It's solid as a game at least, but what's the point in getting attached to some of those characters (Rundas in particular they promoted the hell out of pre-release) if they're just gonna die? Same goes for if they happen to kill off Sylux or some others in future installments once they've had their arcs. Ridley's been mostly lucky to keep coming back as he has at least because of his arch rivalry status with Samus and his fans to a certain degree may help ensure he has some kind of future too, but other than that, poor Kraid and others.

edit: Great news ^, though with the Meta Ridley fig I should be mostly set for life as mentioned before, but hope those others happen too if he's successful enough.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
but what's the point in getting attached to some of those characters (Rundas in particular they promoted the hell out of pre-release) if they're just gonna die?
To make their death more impactful?

That's writing 101.

We have to care or their deaths mean nothing.

We're supposed to feel as sad and hurt as Samus does. And she's visibly hurt by their passing.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Rhetorical question my friend. See, I got what they were trying to go for with that, but I just didn't even feel that with their deaths personally. Maybe if we had known them longer like a game or so prior; that would've made Samus hurting/longing for them more meaningful and things, at least to me. That kind of thing with character deaths typically works better when they've been established or around longer. Just one of those quirks for me I guess.

Top Bottom