• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LOW TIMES IN ELITE SMASH

GoreGutter

Smash Rookie
There's a lot of things I can say about Ultimate's online system but what the hell is up with people getting matches that are 3 stock 3 minutes?
I don't think that should even be an option to queue up with. Opinions?

GoreGutter

Smash Rookie
What seems to be the problem really?
If you are unlucky enough to end up in these matches & god forbid you lose first stock, the person that chose the rule set is planning on running the REMAINDER of the time. It's pretty lame, forcing you to stoop to their game.

What seems to be the problem really?
Also I feel like this is a way people cheesed themselves into elite smash lol (granted , i dont think it's hard to do but still, who likes being cheesed?)

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
Also I feel like this is a way people cheesed themselves into elite smash lol (granted , i dont think it's hard to do but still, who likes being cheesed?)
Oh, yeah I had that happened before a few times, you just have to outsmart them and cut them off. It's pretty easy to do, they can't avoid you since this game is mainly offensive play now, thank gawd.

Just keep on being aggressive at the same time being able to have a safe play style so you won't put yourself in bad postilions. It could seem tuff, but with enough patience and looking at their pattern this won't be a issue. Majority of people don't do this however

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Oh, yeah I had that happened before a few times, you just have to outsmart them and cut them off. It's pretty easy to do, they can't avoid you since this game is mainly offensive play now, thank gawd.

Just keep on being aggressive at the same time being able to have a safe play style so you won't put yourself in bad postilions. It could seem tuff, but with enough patience and looking at their pattern this won't be a issue. Majority of people don't do this however
Unless they're on a stage with a huge solid platform in the middle, like Temple, Palutena's Temple, or Big Blue... And now you know why those stages are banned in tournaments.

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
Unless they're on a stage with a huge solid platform in the middle, like Temple, Palutena's Temple, or Big Blue... And now you know why those stages are banned in tournaments.
Oof yeah, in big stages, good luck.

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
even if it's not Elite Smash or competive smash, i am not to fond of stock battles with such a short time, everyone take advantage of it..like the last 20 seconds the 1 person who has the most lifes left will try their best not to get hit..i must admit even i am guilty of that in certain matches that had this rule set,
though with that rule set you actually encourage that behavior though! :o

Top Bottom