• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Love Jump Enhancement. *Updated: 26/06/08

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hey guys.

I was testing out the Love Jump, and I remembered saying that what you actually do is jump IMMEDIATELY before you press B. So, I figured, if you jump before you press B, you should be able to control which direction you go in. It turns out that you can actually control your movement during the Love Jump! :D

What you do is press Jump, then IMMEDIATELY left or right, then IMMEDIATELY press B. You have to completely let do of the d-pad or you'll just do a din.

Alternatively, you can jump while holding the direction, let go of both, and then press B reallllyyyy quickly.

My camera got stolen, so now the only method I have of recording videos, since I can't figure out how to convert the reply on my SD card, is using a webcam. Once again, horrriibbbllleee video quality. Soz. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdupzLFQqkU

Basically what this is, is the transition from Fox's reflector to Falcos. You can come at people and use it as an attack, and increase the likelihood of actually reflecting a projectile. You can use it to recover easier now, since the horizontal distance you get is pretty much added onto that of the FW. Please note this video was one of the first attempts to get this right.

If you hit the direction you want to move in HARD, and at the right time, you can move the distance of an entire FW.

UPDATES:

*You can do this with or without the tumbling animation. Obviously, however, doing it with the proper Love Jump will greatly increase your horizontal projection.

Arean

Smash Ace
GREAT Discovery!!!! This can be used well for Zelda's mindgames :D!!

SO THIS what happened to me exactly before... i slid across battlefield using that thing and i forgot how, but thanks to you I know now =D

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hahaha. I just watched the original love jump video and goodkid must have done this too. That is why he seemingly "followed the trajectory or Pit's arrow". I guess, therefore, I can't take full credit. It was discovered already, I just figured out how to replicate.

I think you can change how horizontal you go by how early/late you press B, and how hard you jump to the side.

If we could only figure out how to force an air trip. It happened to me AGAIN today, but I set the timer on infinite and couldn't save the replay! If we could force air-tripping, we could have INFINITE love jumps.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I thought you could do that, you know, I can just add this to my thread if you want, I'll give you credit.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hahaha. I know the feeling.

I thought you might get angry at me for hi-jacking your thread or something. Feel free to put it in your topic. This is the internet, my information is your information. :D

Top Bottom