• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LouisiANIME Brawl - Baton Rouge, LA - 9/10/10

Curlz

Smash Lord

Louisiana Smash Presents:

September 10, 2010

Dates/ Schedule:

THIS IS A STRICT SCHEDULE! SHOW UP ON TIME!

5:00pm - Sign Ups / Friendlies
6:00pm - [scheduled] Tournament Start

Fees:
CONVENTION PRICES
On-Site Registration - Weekend Badge : $40
On-Site Registration - Friday Badge : $17
On-Site Registration - Saturday Badge : $24
On-site Registration - Sunday Badge : $12
Activities Badge Upgrade (Pre-Reg or On-Site) - Weekend Badges only : Additional $15

TOURNAMENT PRICE
Singles: $5

Venue Info:
Crowne Plaza Baton Rouge
4728 Constitution Avenue
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70808
225-925-2244

General Info:

GENERAL

My cell phone number is (337) 278 8137 if you have questions about anything.

-No drugs, alcohol, or smoking inside the building.
-No fighting.
-Please throw away your trash.
-Please listen and help out the Tournament Organizers and Staff by listening and working with them.
-As organizer, I reserve the right to modify or change rules in order to accommodate the tournament's needs. I will notify players accordingly should a change be made on the day of the tournament.
-Similarly, as an organizer, I want this to be the best tournament possible. If you think something could be better, tell me how. We'll go from there.
-All tournaments will be a double-elimination bracket seeded to the best of my knowledge.

EQUIPMENT INFORMATION

-If you want this to run smoothly and quickly we will need as many setups as possible so please bring whatever you can for any event.
-All TVs and Game Systems that are donated for this event will be taken complete care of by the staff. We are not liable for any broken or malfunctioning TV or Game System, however, we will make sure nothing happens to your equipment.
-All TVs and Game Systems will be used for tournament play.
-If you are entered in a tournament and you are playing on a TV without being called for a tournament match, you will be asked to stop whatever you are doing and to get off the TV. If you refuse, you will be DQ'd from the tournament with NO REFUND.
-If you are not entered in a tournament and you are playing on a TV, you will be asked to stop whatever you are doing and to get off the TV. If you refuse you will be booted from the venue.

Rules:

KNOW THESE! I will hold every player responsible for knowing the rules. If you play a game on a stage you didn't know was banned, TOO BAD. No matches will be replayed due to ignorance of the rules.

Know the rules.

BRAWL

-Double Elimination
-3 stock; 7:00 Singles
-Ties broken by stock then percent. 1 stock rematch if even % and stock.
-Team attack on
-No items
-Ledge Grab Limit is 40 (Jungle Japes and Norfair are 45)
-Best 2/3, Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals are 3/5
-Bring your own controller
-Players may not intentionally manipulate a teammate’s controller while a Game is in progress.
-Advanced slob picks
-Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
-Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: a player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in the set
-For Ganoncide and Bowsercide, it will always count as a win for the player who initiated the attack. For everyone else, the results screen is how the win will be decided. Sudden Death means the person who initiated the suicide move gets the win.
-We'll call your match at least 3 times. If you haven't show within 5, maybe 10 minutes, you lose.
-No infinities past 300%.
-Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape and Extended Dimensional Cape are banned.
-Meta Knight's Street Sharking glitch is banned.
-Marth's Infinite on Lucas and Ness is banned.
-King Dedede’s Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario are banned.
-Coaching is legal.

No Excessive stalling. End infinites no later than 300%. The Infinite dimensional cape and extended dimensional cape are banned.

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM (unless both players agree). Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match.

ADVANCED SLOB PICKS

Game 1 is played by Stage Striking to pick a stage and then both players/teams pick their characters simultaneously.

When Game 1 is finished then starts Game 2 and the counterpick system. The winner of Game 1 bans a stage then the loser of Game 1 picks the next stage for Game 2. The winner of Game 1 then picks his/her character and then the loser of Game 1 picks his/her character. Game 2 then begins.

The process for Game 3 is the same if the match gets to it.

Stage List:

Neutral

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Banned

The rest.

BSP

Smash Legend
I have a 95% chance of making this. I'll ask my mom today.

Which reminds me, what's the best way to find venues and such? If I can make this I'll talk to you guys there, but I would host tournaments in BR if I could find a good venue.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Just find different places, such as a video game venue(i.e GameWare), and see if you can host there. Idk much about BR geographically, but find places that are well known(or on the way to being well known) and is easily accessible to locals.

BSP

Smash Legend
All right, thanks.

ok, if I'm reading this right, if you come on Friday, you have to pay 17$ to get into the place right?

Curlz

Smash Lord
All right, thanks.

ok, if I'm reading this right, if you come on Friday, you have to pay 17$ to get into the place right?
Yes. Its an Anime Convention and its paying to get into the convention for the day. So not only do you have access to the tournament, you have access to whatever is at the convetnion before/after the tourny.

Also, about venues in BR. I'm not sure if you read my post in the LA thread, but The Mall of Louisiana just opened up a store that is apparently running tournaments every sunday and Brawl was on the list of monthlies (according to my friend), so you could go check that out.

Edit: Nevermind. I read the LA Thread.

Curlz

Smash Lord
The hotel is only going to have 2 setups for this tournament, so please bring setups to this if you show up. I have one complete setup which makes 3.

ChKn

Smash Ace
We don't know what the prize is. For all we know, it could be a blow job from a ****** hooker.

Hyro

Smash Lord
time limit should be 8:00 especially x 5 with stages like japes and norfair

Curlz

Smash Lord
OP updated with Tournament Entry Fee. The Con Organizers have still have yet to let me know if its a pot or a prize, so I'm going to go and say that $10 is safe to say for an entry fee.

BSP

Smash Legend
It went kinda slow, but this was major fun guys.

I gotta work on my endurance, I was tired on my fourth set heh (not johning)

Top Bottom