• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lordhelmet's Monthly House Tourney v4 Results - Grand Rapids, MI

lordhelmet

Smash Master
12/15/2012 - Grand Rapids - Apex 2013 Ruleset

Hey guys. Lots of people bailed unfortunately :( I still had a fun time lots of fun and I hope everyone did too. Correct me on any character use please.

Project Melee $5

[collapse=Bracket]

[/collapse]

1: SuperTH :sonic::sheik: $24
2: Jawsome :link2::ganondorf::falcon: $12
3: Robjoe :charizard: $4
4: Flan :ike:
5: Zulu :ike:
5: fZk :lucas:
7: Root :zelda:
7: L_Cancel :jigglypuff:

Brawl Doubles $10 per team

[collapse=Bracket]

[/collapse]

1: L_Cancel + fZk $35 :olimar: + :diddy::wario:
2: Lordhelmet + DRDN $15 :metaknight::falcon: + :diddy::metaknight:
3: Robjoe + SuperTH :zerosuitsamus: + :mario2:
4: CockSock + TBird :zerosuitsamus: + :snake:
5: Jawsome + Zulu :pikachu2: + :ike:

Brawl Singles $5

[collapse=Bracket]

[/collapse]

1: L_Cancel :olimar: ($30)
2: Lordhelmet :metaknight::falcon: ($15)
3: fZk :diddy: ($5)
4: SuperTH :mario2:
5: Jawsome :pikachu2:
5: TBird :snake:
7: DRDN :random:
7: Robjoe :zerosuitsamus:
9: CockSock :zerosuitsamus:
9: Vox :yoshi2:
13: Josh :fox:

JTsm

Smash Master
GOOD **** LORDY. NEXT TIME, YOU BEAT THE **** OUT OF LCANCEL. K?

But ye good **** son.

I never realized how good Super is good at PM. Hmmmmm I think West MI has a better PM scene than SE. :troll:

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Damn, its like I called it

Yo im hyped for this and im not even going.

Anyways good luck tomorrow guys

L_Cancel (You better get first)
Lordy (I expect you to pull an upset over someone)
T-Bird (You better body everyone)
T-BIRD doing work
Lordy upsetting Juan
L_Cancel winning

Vox

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2267-8895-6976
One of these days... I SHALL NOT BE IMMEDIATELY DEFEATED BY EVERYONE! XD in the mean time, I have a lot of training to do... good stuff though - thanks for hosting, Lordy, that was fun. :)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
L probably rigged the brawl setup so that :olimar: always had intangibility. There is no reason he should have won.

:018:

fZk

Smash Lord
Fun tourney. Good job Lordy, I kept telling you that you were going to beat me today. That defeatist mentality probably didn't help me, but there's no denying it, you have gotten much better in the past few months too bad you had to sell your soul to the bat to do it.

Thanks for teaming Jason, it's always fun especially now that I found those magic words to motivate you to try hard. Our set was very close, but you're still very hard to beat. I feel I have to play perfectly to keep up with you.

Good job and good games to everybody else I played especially in P:M. Now that I've actually played the game with people I like it more. I will take it all next time.

Now I'm off to catch my 3:00 AM bus to Detroit, good night ****ers.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Yoooo! It was fun teaming Juan XD Pizza so strongggg. Lordy and DRDN gave us a run for our money first game. Our set was a very good set!

Lordyy you reallly have improved so muchhhh. Keep it up and there will be 2 west MI players getting top 5 in all tournies.

It was nice seeing everyone who showed up and GGs to everyone I played.

It was cool meeting you root, I hope to see you at more stuff!

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Most disappointing thing of the night: Not being able to get a replay of Game 3 vs. TBird and Cocksock. The most shining of Mario moments.

I suppose I'll do shoutouts.

Super's Sexy Shoutouts​

Project Melee $5 (aka The Good Smash Game)

1: SuperTH :sonic::sheik: $24 - Scrub, using Sonic and Sheik. Wait until 2.5 and you'll lose hard!
2: Jawsome :link2::ganondorf::falcon: $12 - I hate fighting Link so haaaard. You're pretty good, though, definitely strong with the projectile traps and movestrings. Sad that Link's recovery is still such balls. Learn to Tether!
3: Robjoe :charizard: $4 - If you were playing like you were the rest of the night, I should think you'd have placed 2nd, easy.
4: Flan :ike: - That choke! Learn to calm your nerves during a match. I've played you and you're better than this. You don't need a stage to claim victory over your opponent.
5: Zulu :ike: - Needs more Quick Draw.
5: fZk :lucas: - GGs, you have a fancy as hell Lucas.
7: Root :sheik: :zelda: - You may claim to have a fancier Sheik, but you can't forget to space and punish!
7: L_Cancel :jigglypuff: - Yoooooooooooooo.

Brawl Doubles $10 per team

1: L_Cancel + fZk $35 :olimar: + :diddy::wario: - fZK, it was so kind of you to carry LCancel on your back like that. Real team player.
2: Lordhelmet + DRDN $15 :metaknight::falcon: + :diddy::metaknight: - Needed more Falcon, less bats.
3: Robjoe + SuperTH :zerosuitsamus: + :mario2: - We forgot how to play this game.
4: CockSock + TBird :zerosuitsamus: + :snake: - That comeback will always be legendary in my eyes. I'm so sorry you had to be on the receiving end of it.
5: Jawsome + Zulu :pikachu2: + :ike: - Now you've learned, Zulu, that teaming with Jawsome is always a bad idea. I speak from experience.

Brawl Singles $5

1: L_Cancel :olimar: ($30) - More like Oli playing LCancel. Nah man, I kid. You're downright chill and it was amusing talking to you. I just wish we knew whose laugh that was from upstairs.
2: Lordhelmet :metaknight::falcon: ($15) - Sold your soul to the bat. You used to be cool, man. Still, you're getting so much better, and with that Falcon DI your bat just won't die. Thanks for hosting the tournament, man, it was hella fun.
3: fZk :diddy: ($5) - Solid Diddy. It was great fun playing with you in Brawl/P:M, and hope we meet again.
4: SuperTH :mario2: - What are you doing playing this game. You're Mario and that's awful. Go home scrub.
5: Jawsome :pikachu2: - Keep running into reverse, fully charged USmashes. It'll work someday. I promise.
5: TBird :snake: - Talk about night and day difference from when I fought you last time. If it weren't for my ever expanding matchup experience against Snake, I fear you may have got me good. Keep improving, you've got something solid going.
7: DRDN :random: - Random is a cruel mistress.
7: Robjoe :zerosuitsamus: - A bit out of practice, aren't we? If you're feeling rusty, go MK. It'll work out eventually.
9: CockSock :zerosuitsamus: - Delfino is jaaaank. :salt: You've got a good ZSS going, just be careful around opponents who have reflectors. They can put a huge damper on your plans and get an early kill if you're careless with the suit pieces.
9: Vox :yoshi2: - Ggs, man. You started to make me regret sandbagging in our friendlies. Careful with your Smashes, though! You'll stale 'em out.
13: Josh :fox: - Hard battles for you, man. I did not want to fight your Fox with Mario. Keep coming out and playing, though. You'll get better.

Shoutouts to my seven year old pants for falling apart among so much testosterone. I'm glad I was doubling up with pajamas.
Shoutouts to Tech for bailing for a job interview.
Shoutouts to the Muskegon Project M scene for not showing up without reason. Mad salty I couldn't take your money. :mario2:

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Looking forward to playing you again Super :) wish I could have gotten some recordings, but that MM vs Rob showed me many mistakes :p

I WILL BEAT YOU. Mark my words! haha

RED6

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry, I'll come body you all when we have the next tourney ;D

:phone:

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Interesting results. Gotta slow it down Juan, you got him next time though ;)

EDIT: Smh at L_Cancel in Project M. So free....

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I have yet to look through the replays, I have a ****load from this. LFs/WFs/GFs will be recorded.

Shouts:

1: L_Cancel :olimar: ($30) You rizaped me this time but I'm gonna comin' for ya
2: Lordhelmet :metaknight::falcon: ($15) Betr
3: fZk :diddy: ($5) GGs in singles and in doubles, I look forward to the rematch :yeahboi:
4: SuperTH :mario2: Good job on fourth
5: Jawsome :pikachu2: Should have been you vs L grand finals
5: TBird :snake: Good job on fifth
7: DRDN :random: Yoooo, thanks for coming out to this. I had a blast.
7: Robjoe :zerosuitsamus: Make Flan play Brawl again. **** that PM **** :yeahboi:
9: CockSock :zerosuitsamus: wtf?
9: Vox :yoshi2: Thanks for coming out
13: Josh :fox: Didn't get to play but thanks for coming out

Zulu: Start the revival of Muskegon :yeahboi: play brul
Root: Thnx for coming out, had fun hanging out with ya
Flan: Play brul

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Wtf guys. Hosting one so soon to Apex seems a little weird to me.

I could host another one the weekend before Apex (Jan 5th) which again seems dumb. Or I could host one a weekend or two after apex (19th/26th) which could work.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Looking forward to playing you again Super :) wish I could have gotten some recordings, but that MM vs Rob showed me many mistakes :p

I WILL BEAT YOU. Mark my words! haha
I wish I could play more so I can put up more of a fight next time then. I don't doubt you'll be a tougher opponent.

Kinda the sad part about only really having one guy a half an hour away to play, is that my skill isn't going to be going anywhere anytime soon.

LOE1

Smash Lord
another low tier that i have to worry about

great...

W.C.N

Smash Lord
W.C.*****s personal Shoutouts

1: L_Cancel ($30) good job winning Sorry I wasnt fit to give you a ride home (last thing i remember was you on the phone and I was thinking you were getting a ride) and thanks for helping me get out there and back
2: Lordhelmet ($15) Great tourney and fun teaming thanks for letting me crash there too has some fun 1v1s on sunday
3: fZk ($5) Good to see you again hope your having fun in PR, also thanks for helping me get there/back
4: SuperTH good seeing you again Random kinda made it so i didnt face you in bracket but thats how it goes
5: Jawsome GGs and nice job in the PT dittos, just gotta work on facing the Puff
5: TBird I feel I should have something to say but my memory is probably the worst of anyone
7: DRDN ~~ W.C.N Random shouldnt matter your better then this, O well APex then DUBS!!!
7: Robjoe -- Practice more brawl dubs less P:M
9: CockSock --Best Name
9: Vox -- stop being so defeated you think your going to lose when you start the match and you definitly will
13: Josh drawing a blank... sorry

sorry for the delay I got the flu Sunday night and cant copy paste from the Iphone

Top Bottom