• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

looking for Vids&Strats vs Jiggs

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Hello.

im about to play an old friend of mine who i havent seen in a while. he plays gigs and used to read me like a book.

ive gotten better since i last played him, but i also havent played a good jiggs other then him.

so im looking for good jigs advice/vids.
the ganon vid archive only has two jiggs vids.
also, any good advice with the approach would be good.

... anything you can offer really.

EDIT:
I know pivoting against jiggs is great... but i just cant do it.

Renth

Smash Hero
I have a set with a jiggs player from a tournament recorded it's just not up i'll drop it here once it goees

I just try to space a lot and watch for up tilts.

Linguini

Smash Master
A jiggs that knows his stuff against ganon can be really hard(I fought darc in tourney before, so I know) but Ive gotten better at the matchup so ill give you some starts.

Bair- Aightt, so this will be your most used move vs. jigglypuff. The thing is about the bair is that it has a bigger hitbox under it than jigglies so space your bairs out and try to always be a little over jiggs. Double jump bair, double bairs or single retreating bairs work great.

Fair- DO NOT USE THIS MOVE IN CLOSE RANGE
Jiggly can crouch under it and fsmash or get inside you easily in close range. Use it to space her out and if she makes a mistake pound her.

Uair- Like in Tipmans ToP do the reverse uair, try it, this actually works.

Remember to use angled up f-tilts when she bairs/fairs a little over you and up air in the same situation. To edgeguard jiggly pressute the edge with bairs, you will be surprised how many people run into it.
If you get a grab dthrow to fair at low/mid percents or bair. At higher percents do anything you can to hit her before she gets away. The most underused move vs jiggly is probably the f-smash. Some times you can stand facing away jiggly and the fsmash dodges the aerial then lunges forward and smacks that *****.
Be smart with your recovery and if she gets inside you get the **** out of there before a rest comes.
Good luck.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
thanks much guys.
Ill really be looking forward to those vids renth. jiggs and ganon players are not very rare, nor is the match up... but for some reason it seems these matches are not often recorded.

anyways, i know pivoting tilts and Fsmashes against jigs is very useful. but i just cant seem to do it... i cant even see the "standing frame" its meant to be done on.

would dash-dancing, pressing down on the control stick, then flicking the Cstick in the opposite direction work? seems like it would be just as fast (cept for couple of frames)

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
thanks much guys.
Ill really be looking forward to those vids renth. jiggs and ganon players are not very rare, nor is the match up... but for some reason it seems these matches are not often recorded.

anyways, i know pivoting tilts and Fsmashes against jigs is very useful. but i just cant seem to do it... i cant even see the "standing frame" its meant to be done on.

would dash-dancing, pressing down on the control stick, then flicking the Cstick in the opposite direction work? seems like it would be just as fast (cept for couple of frames)
Absolutely not! You can't crouch cancel the initial dash. It is best to use the flick method if you are gonna pivot smashes.

That means while DDing, flick the control stick in the opposite direction quickly. This will turn you around and stop you in the standing animation.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
I have a funny trick I do to my friends Jigglypuff.

He likes to camp the ledge and do Fairs thinking he can't be punished. he's also been known to get the ledge then pound on to the level.

so, what've been doing is running up to the ledge. wave dash back, then ROLL toward the edge, keep your sheild up. he'll try to fair you, you can just shield grab him if he tries to pound or fair you.

from the grab you have a decent chance of getting the kill.

if he misses a rest a 0 damage, I'd say you should go for the double stomp to potential tech chase instead of the Utilt.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
ya, if he misses a rest and you cant kill him, i always double stomp directly into a downB... its worked every time.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
ah, well... could you get him to? it would really help me, and im sure it will help the general community as well. the gannon vs jiggs matchup is one that is fairly common, yet there are no good vids of it.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
ya Renth, I hate this matchup too, but thats why we need more vids, Neh? so we can get more learnings.

thanks much Linguini.
I noticed you didnt use the reverse Uair as an anti-WOP in that vid, you completely replaced it with the Bair.
also, that random downB in the first match scarred me, I thought that was gonna be a free rest for sure.

Top Bottom