• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for some tips on Pikachu...

Master WGS

Smash Lord

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
pretty good...tough fights...since ur opponent, ur bro is really good...try maybe some jc grabs...against falcon i like to try to do more fairs...to stop his aerials before they come out...you had lots of trouble with edgegaurding...maybe just be simple and try fsmash some of those times since the fsmash reaches over the edge....peace

-hiroshi

N64

Smash Champion
My internet ate my original post... here's the summary:

Work dashdancing into your game. Stay mobile, it's one of pika's strengths. You seemed to stick to one spot and downdodge/shield->dsmash a lot, which becomes predictable and makes you an easy target.

Don't dsmash so much. It's a good move, but better for when the opponent is at low/mid percentages, because then it leads to an aerial. At higher percentages, you can grab or usmash from shield instead. Also, I usually nair a lot at higher percentages(especially vs. fastfallers), because it's better at killing or putting them in a position to be edgeguarded.

Against Falcon, uair a lot. It eats through most of his aerials, and juggles him into additional uairs, nairs, occasional usmashes and grabs, etc.

Against Fox, learn to smash DI his uair. If you mash left and right on the control stick after his uthrow, as if you're dash dancing, this will cause you to usually smash DI the first hit and not get hit by the second (which is what will kill you).

Against both, ftilt is an amazing edgeguard if they recover from the side, and dsmash is pretty good if they recover from below. Fsmash is also good if they don't sweetspot and you get the timing/positioning down.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Upthrow to Usmash = pwnzors against CF
also Bthrow at edge, wait for their jump and then (reverse)tailspike 'm

you can replace a couple of your Dsmashes (you used them to much imo) with some grabs. That would be far more affective ^^

Also juggle them a bit with upair and shuffle Air attacks ^^

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Everyone pretty much covered it, but I just wanted to say one thing: chaingrab! You had a lot of opportunities for it. Falcon and Fox are prime targets for the chaingrab :)

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
Good advice from everyone. I have some for you:

Try L-cancled fairs to grab/dsmash, etc. Fair can be Pikachus deadliest moves when L-cancled. Also, instead of standing at the edge waiting for your opponent to come back, run around and when they try to recover, jump out there with a dair. It will kill most of the time, so try that out.

Top Bottom